MacPhee

jambo191

I P Knightley
18 hours ago, jambocub said:

We tried a forward thinking appointment in cathro that was a disaster. Think it'll be a while before we try forward thinking again in the manager department

It wouldn't have been as much of a failure if Cathro had come into the club in a back seat role, getting to grips with the club, the squad, the playing style and the league before inching his way up the hierarchy. That's kind of the way I understood things would work back around 'Budgement Day'. I'd be happy if that was how things continued over the next few years. Perhaps at some point, a female coach would be appointed in the background, establish herself, make a mark and earn a shot at the top job. I agree with you that we won't be doing things to grab a headline or simply to break new ground. There are plenty within the club who could move upwards if Craig were to leave and, as others have mentioned, we have a couple of ageing players who may see their future in coaching and management who could also take a place.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jim Weir

• Jack Torrance

• Bridge of Djoum

• luckydug

In fairness Shelley Kerr managed Stirling uni in the lowland league so has experience of mens football. But when the time comes for a new manager I'd want them to be the best candidate. No discrimination, positive or negative 

31 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

It wouldn't have been as much of a failure if Cathro had come into the club in a back seat role, getting to grips with the club, the squad, the playing style and the league before inching his way up the hierarchy. That's kind of the way I understood things would work back around 'Budgement Day'. I'd be happy if that was how things continued over the next few years. Perhaps at some point, a female coach would be appointed in the background, establish herself, make a mark and earn a shot at the top job. I agree with you that we won't be doing things to grab a headline or simply to break new ground. There are plenty within the club who could move upwards if Craig were to leave and, as others have mentioned, we have a couple of ageing players who may see their future in coaching and management who could also take a place.

Just out of interest how much are we going to pay this female  coach/new manager to sit quietly in the background establish herself and move towards taking over the first team ?

Where would she start off in the background?

45 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Maybe once our Hearts Ladies’ team is up and firing on all cylinders, we could start a secondment thing where our coaches rotate for a month or two every season and get experience of Men’s 1st, Reserves, U18’s, Womens’s 1st football? Then later on, they can use that experience in their careers and to the benefit of HMFC. ?

6 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I'm sure, despite your short time on here that you know all about the report and the ignore function. I suggest you use them if you feel this way.

I was replying to another poster when you jumped on my post. Stop being an argumentative child.

I’ll crack the jokes mate :rofl:

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, jambocub said:

Just out of interest how much are we going to pay this female  coach/new manager to sit quietly in the background establish herself and move towards taking over the first team ?

Where would she start off in the background?

The same as any other up & coming coach. No special treatment needed. 

9 hours ago, Jim Weir said:

I'm not suggesting anything. I'm merely stating my understanding of our approach of seemingly developing players 

Getting a fee for players isn't the only measure of developing them though. Lots of players have improved their careers by playing for us whether or not we got money for them. Lafferty, Sow, Souttar, Djoum, Paterson, Holt, Walker, Dunne, Jonsson, McLaughlin, Smith. Guys like Haring, Lee, Garruccio, Bozanic, Uche, Dikamona have that opportunity now. Even players like Muirhead, Ozturk, Eckersley, Callachan, KItchen have continued their careers at an OK level

Siphiwe Tshabalala

A good coach is a good coach, male or female it does not matter.

Some of the zombies on here better get used to the future because I can guarantee you now female coaches/managers will be involved in the men’s game in this country at the highest level.

Im also confident our club will be at the forefront of that.

14 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

In this guise, I should've added. :phface:

If you think I'm posting beyond the scope of forum rule - report me. It's really quite simple.

You and your cohorts have questioned whether I've posted under a different guise. I've told you I joined to swap tickets for Easter Road game (I was there).  That's clearly not been enough for you and your gang 

Not sure what more I can add bud. It's surely rather boring for vast majority of posters to see threads hijacked this way 

As long as it's sport for you and your cohorts I suppose the end justifies the means eh 

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Jim Weir said:

If you think I'm posting beyond the scope of forum rule - report me. It's really quite simple.

You and your cohorts have questioned whether I've posted under a different guise. I've told you I joined to swap tickets for Easter Road game (I was there).  That's clearly not been enough for you and your gang 

Not sure what more I can add bud. It's surely rather boring for vast majority of posters to see threads hijacked this way 

As long as it's sport for you and your cohorts I suppose the end justifies the means eh 

Jumping on my replies to others, again.

Ignore me, mate.It's right there!

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Jim Weir said:

Irony alert 

Mate, take your pishy wee breeks somewhere else.  You got your ticket for ER, yet you're still hanging around like a very familiar bad smell or 2. 

9 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Mate, take your pishy wee breeks somewhere else.  You got your ticket for ER, yet you're still hanging around like a very familiar bad smell or 2. 

I'm off to the game mate. Have have a great night 

Arnold Rothstein
22 hours ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Go away ya moron.

50 your IQ too aye? What possible reason is there for a female coach at Hearts not being considered if she was qualified?

Arnold Rothstein
22 hours ago, big man said:

Snowflake time

Yep i'm definitely the snowflake, not the ones who apparently feel threatened that a bloody wummin might take some work off a bloke. Total shite.

10 hours ago, Arnold Rothstein said:

Yep i'm definitely the snowflake, not the ones who apparently feel threatened that a bloody wummin might take some work off a bloke. Total shite.

:spoton:

• 1 month later...

The Yoko Ono of management. People say he is talented but all I see is a hippie just 'there' doing nothing all the time.

Edited by i8hibsh

26 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The Yoko Ono of management. People say he is talented but all I see is a hippie just 'there' doing nothing all the time.

Are you at training every day?

29 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Is that not what you think of Michael Jackson?

33 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Even you must get bored of your own posts. 

What would you know about what he contributes.

Edited by Jamboelite

MacPhee’s set plays are creative and successful. Maybe his team would be the same, he clearly has the players respect. Has a set of balls too as he stepped to the side of the pitch and picked the penalty taker in front of a full house against Celtic. Understands the club for me.

55 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Not sure we'll get a say. 

Thank **** for that.

We would have a new manager after every bad result if some Hearts 'supporters' had their way.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Because he has long hair? 

1 hour ago, Jamboelite said:

Results and performances?

Mr Elwood P
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

The early worm catches the fishes I see!

I was watching Valencia in the Europa league and they pulled off the exact same freekick routine with the two fake run ups. Maybe a Cathro product?

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

I predict some cracking posts on this thread based on the Hibsman article. 

You start :thumbsup:

35 minutes ago, Haken said:

Yep.  Chronic patter.

Patter you'd expect from a juvenile, scary to think the boy is probably nigh on 40.

2 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

It's amazing what you can pick up when you are hanging from the main stand frontage trying to clean the windaes.

The Treasurer
44 minutes ago, Jeff said:

I was watching Valencia in the Europa league and they pulled off the exact same freekick routine with the two fake run ups. Maybe a Cathro product?

Says that he (McPhee) studies set pieces from around the world and picks out the best ones as well as coming up with ones of his own.

Inch Hearts
2 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Says that he (McPhee) studies set pieces from around the world and picks out the best ones as well as coming up with ones of his own.

Thats a bit of a kooshy gig tbh. 

The Treasurer
9 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Thats a bit of a kooshy gig tbh. 

If it's that easy why is he the only one who has thought to do it ?

Inch Hearts
13 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

If it's that easy why is he the only one who has thought to do it ?

My under 10 coach used to study us under JJ our set pieces and copy them in our training from our next game by shouting the number of our set piece during our next game.  That was about 20 years ago. Now.  He would do it for us for free I would imagine. 

Inch Hearts
54 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Austin a cert to be our next HC/Manager imo.

Another massive gamble that can take us back a good few seasons.  Exciting times await.  

56 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Austin a cert to be our next HC/Manager imo.

With Budge doing the recruiting I can certainly see our next manager having long hair, but not sharing the same sex as Macphee.

Sexton Hardcastle
16 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

With Budge doing the recruiting I can certainly see our next manager having long hair, but not sharing the same sex as Macphee.

As long as he’s not a sex offending music star then it’s a move in the right direction.

Just now, Sexton Hardcastle said:

As long as he’s not a sex offending music star then it’s a move in the right direction.

Knowing you Sexton you would probably accuse him of being one anyway.