Glasgow derby

Marvin

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

My Hearts supporting mate asked me if I fancied watching it this weekend.

He's no longer my mate.

Remember that thread about "pans out"...?

Pans just outed yourself as a fan of the OF?! :D

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John Findlay

• alwaysthereinspirit

• davie1980

• The Internet

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, JamboJen said:

Remember that thread about "pans out"...?

Pans just outed yourself as a fan of the OF?! :D

:seething:

2 hours ago, jaywalker said:

Surely Rangers gubbing Celtic has to be the preferred result, gives us a bigger gap over the team most likely to chase us. What about hoping for what's best for us rather than just a giruy to the Huns.

Rangers winning isn’t necessarily good for us. I hate to keep saying it, but I think they are much improved this season and will be up there towards the end.

Edited by Bez

Eyes of the world, blah, blah, blah.....

Sellik 8 v 0 Huns

Sellik win but get several injuries and red cards to crucial players.

Huns turn on the Messiah.

Shrekeo tugs himself into oblivion but feels dirty after it.

John Findlay

Best result is a draw. As would Livvy v Hibs and whoever Aberdeen are playing.

Most importantly of all Hearts have to win against St Mirren.

3 hours ago, Ali Lawrie said:

A draw would be perfect for us 

A Celtic defeat would be the best result for us by far,Rangers would quickly drop the points gained most likely,the blow to Celtics self worth would be far reaching imo.

4 hours ago, jamboruss said:

A plethora of petulance, wild kicking and a flurry of red cards please?

And the Weegia telling us that this is the greatest football fixture in the world, dontcha know.

In the long term Celtic is still favourites to win league.   As such I want them to kill off Sevco.

of course,  Hearts to beat St Liedown comfortably 

PhoenixHearts

At the very least, a goalless draw between celtic and their fledgling rivals each with 10 men, coupled with an absolute reaming of Stubbsy's St Mirren with a Demi Mitchell hat trick would do me I suppose.

At the very least.

chester copperpot

Rangers are much improved for me this season, despite the 2 draws out of 3. Should have won both.

Celtic are shite and Rodgers teams only get worse as the years go by.

So for that reason, Celtic to win :lol:

AlphonseCapone
4 hours ago, jaywalker said:

Surely Rangers gubbing Celtic has to be the preferred result, gives us a bigger gap over the team most likely to chase us. What about hoping for what's best for us rather than just a giruy to the Huns.

If you view it as either of them being potential rivals depending on whether we can actually challenge for the title or at worst second, then a draw makes most sense. 

3 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

My Hearts supporting mate asked me if I fancied watching it this weekend.

He's no longer my mate.

Why? Might be entertaining. 

13 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Rangers are much improved for me this season, despite the 2 draws out of 3. Should have won both.

Rangers are probably much improved from their position of being significantly worse than Celtic last year.

That does not read that they are in anyway better than Celtic.

If we are being honest Celtic are a better side than us, Rangers, Hibs and Aberdeen on paper and start the season as distinct favourites, with good reason.

And the likelihood is the might very well bring in reinforcements and possibly make a killing on Boyata and Dembele

32 minutes ago, Smithee said:

A draw and horrific injury list right after the window closes will do me just nicely

This in abundance.

chester copperpot
1 minute ago, davie1980 said:

Rangers are probably much improved from their position of being significantly worse than Celtic last year.

That does not read that they are in anyway better than Celtic.

If we are being honest Celtic are a better side than us, Rangers, Hibs and Aberdeen on paper and start the season as distinct favourites, with good reason.

And the likelihood is the might very well bring in reinforcements and possibly make a killing on Boyata and Dembele

I was kinda being a bit cheeky there but in no way did I suggest that Rangers were better than Celtic. 

I agree with everything you say, I just hope we coat tail on the momentum we have built and you just never know. Would be delighted to be in the mix though.

8 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

If you view it as either of them being potential rivals depending on whether we can actually challenge for the title or at worst second, then a draw makes most sense. 

Why? Might be entertaining. 

Yeh. Canny make a joke on here without being accused of being a hobo or weegy supporter though :sob:

BRAVEHEART1874

Draw would be best but the daily sevco would still push the unbeaten best team in the league pash, even if we are top on 12 points and 100% record on saturday ;)

34 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Cannae argue with that :laugh:

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Best result is a draw. As would Livvy v Hibs and whoever Aberdeen are playing.

Most importantly of all Hearts have to win against St Mirren.

Why on Earth would you want Livvy and Hibs to draw? Or Aberdeen for that matter; even though you don't know who they are playing, you can surely work out that they are playing one of the weaker teams in the league.

1 hour ago, Tasavallan said:

In the long term Celtic is still favourites to win league.   As such I want them to kill off Sevco.

of course,  Hearts to beat St Liedown comfortably 

That’s where I am also

5 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Hope they kick nine shades of shite out of each other. Then at the final whistle, someone runs on and batters Collum and Brown, sparking an invasion which is only stopped when a smal meteor smacks into the centre circle,atomising the lot.

:sweeet:

We can but hope!!!

Edited by Fraggle

Psychedelicropcircle

The usual request meteor strike teams officials fans wiped out & insurance void due to an act of god ?

John Findlay
43 minutes ago, JWL said:

Why on Earth would you want Livvy and Hibs to draw? Or Aberdeen for that matter; even though you don't know who they are playing, you can surely work out that they are playing one of the weaker teams in the league.

In a draw all teams drop two points. Think about it.

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

So, you would rather Hibs and Aberdeen only drop 2 points by drawing, rather than all 3 by losing? Those are 2 of the teams I expect to be close to the top end of the table come April/May. Livingston and Killie I expect not to be. Bizarre thinking.

2 minutes ago, JWL said:

So, you would rather Hibs and Aberdeen only drop 2 points by drawing, rather than all 3 by losing? Those are 2 of the teams I expect to be close to the top end of the table come April/May. Livingston and Killie I expect not to be. Bizarre thinking.

Yet I think neither Hibs(around6)Aberdeen and Killie are going to be anywhere near and scrabbling for points.

1 hour ago, chester copperpot said:

I was kinda being a bit cheeky there but in no way did I suggest that Rangers were better than Celtic. 

I agree with everything you say, I just hope we coat tail on the momentum we have built and you just never know. Would be delighted to be in the mix though.

I don’t think that’s particularly outlandish tbf. Not seen anything so far to suggest Celtic are significantly better than Sevco.

The Old Firm derby must be one of, if not the only, things in the world that would be significantly improved by the detonation of a low-yield nuclear device. 

That and maybe Birmingham...

It's one of those weekends that pop up now and again when you are doing well.

Potentially a chance to extend your lead over close rivals.

A favourable home fixture,  both the Old Firm to drop points or one at worst, stuffy game for the vermin away from home.  Aberdeen at home v Killie could be a tight game also.

Just need to make sure we aren't complacent and do all we can go get 3 points ready to take advantage of any slips.

The Internet
59 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Well aye but are we likely to be competing closer to Livingston or Hibs this season? A Hibs defeat is always the preferred option anyway. 

alwaysthereinspirit
14 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

8 red cards and a 0-0 draw please.

8 red cards? You trippin' Bro.

NINE.

John Findlay
1 hour ago, JWL said:

Yes. All teams in the league are our rivals. ALL teams dropping points whilst we win is the best all round for us imho.

2 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

8 red cards? You trippin' Bro.

NINE.

Indeed. And a 3-3 draw rather than a 0-0 one, all goals being hilariously stupid own-goals or extremely contentious penalties.

alwaysthereinspirit

Just had a quick gander at the table again.

Brings a big cheesy to my face.

Hearts to win and every other game a draw would be perfect.

44 minutes ago, Bez said:

I don’t think that’s particularly outlandish tbf. Not seen anything so far to suggest Celtic are significantly better than Sevco.

Other than the form and results of those players over the last 2 seasons.

Sevco have to prove they can hit that level, 

I'm fairly sure Celtic can improve. We have seen the level those players can play at.

In fact Euro ties aside, it's not even as if they are struggling in the league either. They have a 100% record in all games except away to the champions elect