• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John Findlay

• alwaysthereinspirit

• davie1980

• The Internet

Top Posters In This Topic

I’d prefer a draw in this one, as I don’t think Rangers are anything like as poor as some are making out, and a win for them would pull them up close. Need a gap of more than one result swing against us going in to the international break.

Despite Celtic clearly being on a relatively poor run of form I think they'll step up a gear and defeat the Hun, possibly comfortably. A draw would probably suit us best but I do despise the Hun with a passion so wouldn't be devastated to see them get annihilated.

Edited by Jambos_1874

Surely Rangers gubbing Celtic has to be the preferred result, gives us a bigger gap over the team most likely to chase us. What about hoping for what's best for us rather than just a giruy to the Huns.

It's at Parkhead so I think a draw would be the best they could hope for.

This will be good for us, the old bill, hospitals, woman and dugs !

5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Whole world is looking forward to it.  Probably.    

It would be interesting to ask a sample of football fans from cities all over the world what the OF score was after the game. Bet you'd struggle to get 10% who actually knew. Yet, the OF matches are allegedly what brings the "glamour" to our league and are used to sell the TV rights.

5 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Despite Celtic clearly being on a relatively poor run of form I think they'll step up a gear and defeat the Hun, possibly comfortably. A draw would probably suit us best but I do despise the Hun with a passion so wouldn't be devastated to see them get annihilated.

Where I am also. 

Id love a draw and red card confetti though

Midloth_Iain

washing my hair .........

hope for some red cards, flares and subsequent fines.

A draw would suffice.

0-0.  Most boring 0-0 in life BUT in injury time a huge fight breaks out and 6 players are sent off.

I'd also like the see Celtic win 10-0 just so the Gerrard factor can be put away.

8 minutes ago, jaywalker said:

Surely Rangers gubbing Celtic has to be the preferred result, gives us a bigger gap over the team most likely to chase us. What about hoping for what's best for us rather than just a giruy to the Huns.

Best result for us is four draws in the Old Firm with loads of red cards and injuries in each match. 

It's beginning to look like Dembele may be leaving for Marseille. Makes forecasting a result more difficult.

Just hope for a draw emerging from carnage

Shanks said no

Very few Rangers fans allowed to attend, may affect the “unique atmosphere”

Will make this one the rebel equivalent of a sashbash

Just now, davieholt said:

It's beginning to look like Dembele may be leaving for Marseille. Makes forecasting a result more difficult.

Just hope for a draw emerging from carnage

And I bet it's nowhere near the £40M the rags were quoting a season ago.

6 minutes ago, jaywalker said:

In terms of ‘what’s best for us’...there would be an argument that 2nd place is most likely what we will be fighting for come the end of the season, and therefor Rangers dropping points now is in our best interests. Even if you do think we could be title challengers, Rangers have been on cloud 9 recently, but lose on sunday and the cold, hard fact of the matter is that Gerrard will have taken only 5 points from a possible 12, rendering his honeymoon period well and truly over. 

2 minutes ago, haj said:

In terms of ‘what’s best for us’...there would be an argument that 2nd place is most likely what we will be fighting for come the end of the season, and therefor Rangers dropping points now is in our best interests. Even if you do think we could be title challengers, Rangers have been on cloud 9 recently, but lose on sunday and the cold, hard fact of the matter is that Gerrard will have taken only 5 points from a possible 12, rendering his honeymoon period well and truly over. 

Even better if they are turfed out of the UEFA by Ufa in the meantime

Edited by davieholt

If Rangers don’t win this, they’ll never win one. Celtic are in turmoil. Boyata wants away. Demeble could be away. All the momentum is with Rangers and it’s the first time they go into one of these matches being slight favourites. A draw, if we win on Saturday is a massive result for us. Match abandoned with horses on the park please. 

We need to beat Saints first and foremost. 

The Glasgow result is a victory for us no matter who wins or draw as one or both of the teams chasing us will drop points. 

Just take whichever one it is. 

Glass more ore than full. 

The Internet

Celtic will raise their game as per and Rangers will take it dry. I still think Gerrard will be a disaster and this should be the turning point. 

I read somewhere that Hearts and Hibs have actually taken more points off Celtic in the last few years than the Hun has. Long gone are their glory days!! If only those pesky EBTs were still allowed...

**** wanting any of the two of them to win I'm hearts and would rather both teams knocked seven shades out of each other if they draw we go 5 points clear of the beasts and 6 clear of the zombies.

TyphoonJambo

Hope they kick nine shades of shite out of each other. Then at the final whistle, someone runs on and batters Collum and Brown, sparking an invasion which is only stopped when a smal meteor smacks into the centre circle,atomising the lot.

If Hibs, Aberdeen and St Johnstone all win on Saturday the game on Sunday will be a mid-table scrap between teams in 5th and 6th place. 

Meaningless, mid table, dross hyped up to be the most important game in world football by the MSM. 

Neverforgetfiveone
1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

0-0.  Most boring 0-0 in life BUT in injury time a huge fight breaks out and 6 players are sent off.

I'd also like the see Celtic win 10-0 just so the Gerrard factor can be put away.

Rather see Sevco win by 5 so that Horseteeth gets the bullet. We won't have to listen about their 'intensity' or 'philosophy' any more. Joker

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Whole world is looking forward to it.  Probably.    

Most of it.

A lot of it.

Well at least a decent amount of it.

Maybe not a decent amount.

But a good percentage.

Good as in high single digit.

High single digit of people with TV's.

6/7% at least, living where its shown live of course.

Maybe not as high as 6%

But a lot of football fans will be glued to their TV's

Not real football fans but glory hunters.

Ok not the whole world but a few people from the world will be looking forward to it. Probably.

3 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Most of it.

A lot of it.

Well at least a decent amount of it.

Maybe not a decent amount.

But a good percentage.

Good as in high single digit.

High single digit of people with TV's.

6/7% at least, living where its shown live of course.

Maybe not as high as 6%

But a lot of football fans will be glued to their TV's

Not real football fans but glory hunters.

Ok not the whole world but a few people from the world will be looking forward to it. Probably.

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/alan-brazil-rangers-and-celtic-viewing-figures-show-the-old-firm-tv-bubble-is-well-and-truly-burst/

:greggy:

Great atmosphere. !!!!!

If that includes party songs.

The next time they think they should be playing in England perhaps their press friends might point out that they dont want songs about IRA and the queen at the footie.

While I understand the arguments for a Rangers win, I don't want them to get anything that will boost their confidence. Draws in all the OF games would help us more than them splitting wins, and Rangers not winning tomorrow might finally highlight their "unbeaten start" for being as poor as it really is.

First and foremost, we must beat St Mirren and ideally well.

6 minutes ago, Neverforgetfiveone said:

Rather see Sevco win by 5 so that Horseteeth gets the bullet. We won't have to listen about their 'intensity' or 'philosophy' any more. Joker

I quite like him - I like the fact he's ****ing it up with £25M spent.

13 minutes ago, JamboJen said:

While I understand the arguments for a Rangers win, I don't want them to get anything that will boost their confidence. Draws in all the OF games would help us more than them splitting wins, and Rangers not winning tomorrow might finally highlight their "unbeaten start" for being as poor as it really is.

First and foremost, we must beat St Mirren and ideally well.

Finally someone who talks sense and not s****.

My biggest hope for the Old firm game is that we absolutely hammer St Mirren

If that's the case, there is no bad outcome from their game, in terms of the result and all I'll be hoping for is injuries, suspensions and negative press for Glasgow clubs