Man U

Roxy Hearts

Watt-Zeefuik

Difficult situation for him, I'm really not sure how much he is to blame.

I may get pelters for saying this but I'm really not sure Gary Locke could have done any better given the constraints.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• The Old Tolbooth

• Nookie Bear

• benny

3 minutes ago, Tott said:

Whats the difference in real terms?

are Hearts paying a major difference per week or is it buttons?

If it's "buttons" why can't Man Utd afford to pay it?

1 minute ago, peter_hmfc said:

If it's "buttons" why can't Man Utd afford to pay it?

Thats what im asking.

Whats the difference between a club offering a living wage and a club that doesnt?

3 hours ago, PeterintheRain said:

No they didn't.   They had a man who inherited the wining aberdeen team. Fluked it in europe then did a runner as soon as he could.  He was a total cheat with his match fixing, bent referees, english fa in his pocket and criminal offspring. Nevermind being was guilty of assaulting his own players.   And he's a prick of a yoon who claims to be such a proud Scot that he supported a no vote that's seen us being dragged out of the Eu and facing generations of poverty.  I can't stand him and anybody who praises a man who took arthur ****ing albiston to the World Cup finals ahead of John Robertson, John Colquhoun and Craig Levein  needs to be killed.

3 hours ago, Jodami said:

Peter you need to post more often, nail on the head sir. 

3 hours ago, geomac said:

But apart from that......

Superb post however he does contribute to FoH and has nothinh but praise for Hearts and has had a helping hand in our growing relationship with Man U so thats the apart from that bit ?

1 hour ago, Tott said:

Thats what im asking.

Whats the difference between a club offering a living wage and a club that doesnt?

All the difference in the world imo.  To answer in the terms you are raising, it probably is not a major difference in terms of what the clubs pay.  The big difference is much more likely to be in terms of what their contractors pay.

For the 6 accredited clubs referred to, Hearts being the only Scottish club, the contractors pay the living wage.

7 hours ago, PeterintheRain said:

No they didn't.   They had a man who inherited the wining aberdeen team. Fluked it in europe then did a runner as soon as he could.  He was a total cheat with his match fixing, bent referees, english fa in his pocket and criminal offspring. Nevermind being was guilty of assaulting his own players.   And he's a prick of a yoon who claims to be such a proud Scot that he supported a no vote that's seen us being dragged out of the Eu and facing generations of poverty.  I can't stand him and anybody who praises a man who took arthur ****ing albiston to the World Cup finals ahead of John Robertson, John Colquhoun and Craig Levein  needs to be killed.

I had to google Arthur Albiston.  Had never heard of this guy before.  Top post though.

8 hours ago, PeterintheRain said:

This is ridiculous, even by your standards. 

You are are the one that needs put down. 

Edited by Nookie Bear

15 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

I had to google Arthur Albiston.  Had never heard of this guy before.  Top post though.

Left back in a poor Man U team but perhaps better known for being the radio presenter who fell for the “Antti Niemi? Finished? He’s only 28!” line. 

15 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Just done that myself. So that's who got picked ahead of our Craig in the WC.

:seething:

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Left back in a poor Man U team but perhaps better known for being the radio presenter who fell for the “Antti Niemi? Finished? He’s only 28!” line. 

Didn’t know that :rofl:

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

Just done that myself. So that's who got picked ahead of our Craig in the WC.

:seething:

Think it was McLeish, Miller and Narey. Albiston was a left back.

4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Think it was McLeish, Miller and Narey. Albiston was a left back.

He played in the Uruguay game...Malpas played the other group matches against Denmark and West Germany...Eamonn Bannon was in that WC squad too....scary when you look back at the Scottish players we produced back then....what you'd do for  Cooper, Nicholas, Souness,  McStay, Miller, McLeish, Narey etc

BangkokHearts
On 28/08/2018 at 17:01, i8hibsh said:

Spoilt *******s. They can stick their yellow and green scarves and their 100s of million pseudo fans up their arse.

This.

BangkokHearts
7 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Reading this has reminded me to check again whether clubs like this and including this one are accredited living wage employers.

Can afford to pay overrated donkeys like Pogba a fortune but not quite wealthy enough to pay the decent people who work hard for them a decent wage.

The people's game.  Dont make me laugh.

Massively proud of Hearts.

Also this. In spades.

3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Haha. Never knew this. In all seriousness though, were any Hearts players picked for the 1986 World Cup? If not then that's shocking.

19 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Haha. Never knew this. In all seriousness though, were any Hearts players picked for the 1986 World Cup? If not then that's shocking.

Nope none in the squad

Edited by milky_26

John Findlay

Yet 4 years later at Italian 90. Scotland won one group game. Beating Sweden 2-1. Craig Levein played that night.

doctor jambo
22 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Liverpool and Barcelona surely still well ahead

was in Majorca in the summer and the hotel was rammed with Liverpool kit sporting kids and adults

almost nothing else

Liverpool have the strange honour of having almost grades of plastic fans

the older plastic fans being quite spectacular in their refusal to accept that they are plastic, whilst looking down their noses at the new plastic fans....

odd group

12 hours ago, PeterintheRain said:

Factually incorrect on every point, but very funny all the same.

2 hours ago, cb1874 said:

He played in the Uruguay game...Malpas played the other group matches against Denmark and West Germany...Eamonn Bannon was in that WC squad too....scary when you look back at the Scottish players we produced back then....what you'd do for  Cooper, Nicholas, Souness,  McStay, Miller, McLeish, Narey etc

Cooper only. The rest can shove it.

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

was in Majorca in the summer and the hotel was rammed with Liverpool kit sporting kids and adults

almost nothing else

Liverpool have the strange honour of having almost grades of plastic fans

the older plastic fans being quite spectacular in their refusal to accept that they are plastic, whilst looking down their noses at the new plastic fans....

odd group

What total gibberish. :rofl:

Seymour M Hersh
58 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Factually incorrect on every point, but very funny all the same.

But he did take Albiston instead of any Hearts players or the double winning Captain from England. Iirc Scotland were the only team who's domestic league's top scorer was not picked.

Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

But he did take Albiston instead of any Hearts players or the double winning Captain from England. Iirc Scotland were the only team who's domestic league's top scorer was not picked.

I agree there should have been Hearts players in the squad but Arthur Albiston was not preferred over any Hearts player mentioned.

The Old Tolbooth
13 hours ago, PeterintheRain said:

:yas:

Anyone who is having a go at SAF for not taking any Hearts players to Mexico ‘86 needs to sit back and have a word with themselves. Whilst the 85/86 Hearts team was a great team the majority of players in isolation weren’t international standard,

Henry was never going to shift Jim Leighton and Gorman was a better GK.

The only defender with a chance was Levein.....he was immense that season but a World Cup is no place to chuck in a rookie CH.....not when you have established guys like Miller, McLeish, Narey and Gough available.

We had no midfielders worthy of a shout.

JC and Robbo weren’t going to be picked over experienced guys like Archibald, Nicholas, Sharp and Sturrock.

Plus......McCoist, McClair and Mo Johnstone were all ahead of Robbo and JC at that point.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Yet 4 years later at Italian 90. Scotland won one group game. Beating Sweden 2-1. Craig Levein played that night.

So did Dave McPherson. Hearts played their part that night & Scotland's last win in a World Cup.

Edited by Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

• 5 weeks later...
rudi must stay

I have lost a lot of my respect for them and also their fans. So entitled, 6 years without a title and this, Hearts haven't won a title in decades. As for Mourinho, I think what Ferguson always dreaded has happened, he has lost control, Pogba should have gone for his comments. 100%. The players are quite frankly taking the p just now, going through the motions with £200,000 a week in their pocket. I don't see any way they can even finish in the top 6 this year, they would have to improve dramatically

On 30/08/2018 at 07:42, Nookie Bear said:

This is ridiculous, even by your standards. 

You are are the one that needs put down. 

:spoton:

What a tragic post.

And I hate United. Love seeing them struggle.

rudi must stay
Just now, milky_26 said:

their worst start to a league season in 29 years. i wonder who mourinho will blame (from his own team) for this

Probably himself. He has tried everything, I think the main problem could be he's abit of a whatever word you wish to say

PeterintheRain
On 30/08/2018 at 13:08, DH1986 said:

Anyone who is having a go at SAF for not taking any Hearts players to Mexico ‘86 needs to sit back and have a word with themselves. Whilst the 85/86 Hearts team was a great team the majority of players in isolation weren’t international standard,

Henry was never going to shift Jim Leighton and Gorman was a better GK.

The only defender with a chance was Levein.....he was immense that season but a World Cup is no place to chuck in a rookie CH.....not when you have established guys like Miller, McLeish, Narey and Gough available.

We had no midfielders worthy of a shout.

JC and Robbo weren’t going to be picked over experienced guys like Archibald, Nicholas, Sharp and Sturrock.

Plus......McCoist, McClair and Mo Johnstone were all ahead of Robbo and JC at that point.

You're actually serious?

For the first point, Rookies like Pele and Maradona didn't seem to have a problem. Even england managed to chuck the odd teenager into their teams with some success.  Just not us because it's aye been.

H Smith beats the 35 year old musical statues champion  Rough, Levein was better than any defender in the squad, Mackay was a better midfielder/emergency fullback then that prick Nicol, or MacAvennie.   Wee Robbo was one of the best goalscorers in Scottish history, at his peak and dumped in favour of G Sharpe and that bloated cokehead loser  Nicholas.  A man who did the square root of **** all for Scotland.  

You and your excuses for that alcoholic yoon traitor are the reason why every other country in the World just laughs at us.

28 minutes ago, PeterintheRain said:

You're actually serious?

For the first point, Rookies like Pele and Maradona didn't seem to have a problem. Even england managed to chuck the odd teenager into their teams with some success.  Just not us because it's aye been.

H Smith beats the 35 year old musical statues champion  Rough, Levein was better than any defender in the squad, Mackay was a better midfielder/emergency fullback then that prick Nicol, or MacAvennie.   Wee Robbo was one of the best goalscorers in Scottish history, at his peak and dumped in favour of G Sharpe and that bloated cokehead loser  Nicholas.  A man who did the square root of **** all for Scotland.  

You and your excuses for that alcoholic yoon traitor are the reason why every other country in the World just laughs at us.

Mackay wasn’t an emergency full back until much later in his career so I’m not sure why the comparison with Nicol is there. McAvennie was a strike so his inclusion is bizarre. 

But it let’s call it, you’re twisting everything on account of your hatred for Ferguson that is based entirely on your last paragraph. 

You make me vote NO, if only to save Scotland from the likes of you. You’re welcome. 

I always feel like they're one poor Instagram post away from complete and utter meltdown. The squad seems so fragile mentally, like a bunch of stroppy teenagers. 

3 hours ago, milky_26 said:

their worst start to a league season in 29 years. i wonder who mourinho will blame (from his own team) for this

The lengt of the grass probably.

Maybe West Hams lawnmower was broken.

:pleasing:

Shanks said no

First time I have watched Man U this season,  as a long time fan of Jose I have to say this team is atrocious. They really don't care.

Rarely watch english clubs.   Put game on tonight and it was eye bleeding stuff.   Slow paced, no interest, fans look bored.

Brutal game.  Jose wont last much longer