Man U

Roxy Hearts

The Old Tolbooth

At the end of the day, this absolute gimp of a man is expecting people to give him respect (like he said in his seriously childish rant last night), and yet he refuses to show any respect to anyone else, managers, players, media, and even female medics alike! He moans that clubs are buying their way to success in the EPL these days, whilst conveniently forgetting it was him who actually started that trend at Chelsea, the boy's a grade A weapon who's very quickly turning into another Arsene Wenger, a yesterday's man, and seriously outdated. 

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• The Old Tolbooth

• Nookie Bear

• benny

The Old Tolbooth
1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I think they should give him more time.

Time to destroy that shitehouse of a club! :laugh:

Agreed :lol: 

Lucille's Thirsty
14 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Doesn't say a lot for Pochettino and Klopp given they finished behind his team last year...

2nd was an undeserved finish for United. Liverpool and Spurs were and are far better. Spurs have a net spend of zero so did Klopp until this transfer window. 

2 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

2nd was an undeserved finish for United. Liverpool and Spurs were and are far better. Spurs have a net spend of zero so did Klopp until this transfer window. 

So Man Utd were just better at getting more points 

15 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

League table doesn't lie. 2nd was deserved for man u.

They also took 7 points from 12 against those two and only lost one of those games. 

Edited by Taffin

The Old Tolbooth

I'd love to see the mess the Cockney Glams would be in if they lost De Gea, he single handedly saved them around 20 odd points last season, for me he's the best on the planet. 

4 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I'd love to see the mess the Cockney Glams would be in if they lost De Gea, he single handedly saved them around 20 odd points last season, for me he's the best on the planet. 

Could say that for a lot of teams. Take Hazard out of Chelsea, Kane out of Spurs, even Louis Saha out of Palace.

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Could say that for a lot of teams. Take Hazard out of Chelsea, Kane out of Spurs, even Louis Saha out of Palace.

They're doing okay without him ??

The Old Tolbooth
5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Didn't realise they were goalkeepers ;) 

Is a goalkeeper not allowed to be a teams best player?

Didnt realise you were restricting it to just goalkeepers

??

14 hours ago, 2205ian said:

Jose is working his ticket. Fed up living in a hotel in Salford.

Securicor van full of cash & he will be on his way.

The centre backs are pathetic. There are better players at Tynecastle!!

Having no pace (Jones Smalling & The Swede**) is a recipe for disaster in the league.

** Apologies for not knowing how to spell his name, but probably not worth finding out as he won't be seen again for a while.

You'd have been quicker Googling "the Swede Man Utd" and copy and pasting his name than typing that sentence out.

The Old Tolbooth
21 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Is a goalkeeper not allowed to be a teams best player?

That doesn't make sense, or maybe I'm having a blonde moment ?

30 minutes ago, Darren said:

You'd have been quicker Googling "the Swede Man Utd" and copy and pasting his name than typing that sentence out.

Googling, copy & pasting.......you have more confidence in my PC skills than me:biggrin:

PS. Forgot to add Bailly into the mix who resembles "Bambi on Ice" or in HMFC terms, an early version of the Legend who picked up the Scottish Cup in 2012.

Placid Casual
2 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

The League was really poor that season. Fergie knew it was time to go.

How many times they won it since ?

It’s utter nonsense though to say the team that won the Premier League by 11 points were ‘starting to unravel’.

The foundation was clearly there, but Moyes messed it up. And he spent big on the wrong players.

Edited by Placid Casual

2 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Bar at International level.?

Maroon Sailor
1 hour ago, Placid Casual said:

It’s utter nonsense though to say the team that won the Premier League by 11 points were ‘starting to unravel’.

The foundation was clearly there, but Moyes messed it up. And he spent big on the wrong players.

It's not utter nonsense. Scholes, Giggs, Ferdinand, Neville all past their best. van Persie to a certain extent.

Fergie knew it was the right time to go - that's good enough for me, he's no daft

Placid Casual
28 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

It's not utter nonsense. Scholes, Giggs, Ferdinand, Neville all past their best. van Persie to a certain extent.

Fergie knew it was the right time to go - that's good enough for me, he's no daft

Fergie decided to retire after his wife's twin sister passed away. He built several championship winning teams over the years.

Gary Neville retired in 2011, over two years earlier.

Edited by Placid Casual

Maroon Sailor
12 minutes ago, Placid Casual said:

Fergie decided to retire after his wife's twin sister passed away. He built several championship winning teams over the years.

Gary Neville retired in 2011, over two years earlier.

I wasn't talking about the last season Fergie was there re the players I mentioned. It was a slow unravel - break up of the team if you prefer.

There were signs of unrest amongst the Man Utd fans wanting Fergie to retire before he did.

I know this because I said at the time to be careful what they wish for.

Most people knew they would hit the skids when Fergie left. They might have another 26 years between titles

1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I wasn't talking about the last season Fergie was there re the players I mentioned. It was a slow unravel - break up of the team if you prefer.

There were signs of unrest amongst the Man Utd fans wanting Fergie to retire before he did.

I know this because I said at the time to be careful what they wish for.

Most people knew they would hit the skids when Fergie left. They might have another 26 years between titles

If I remember correctly Ferguson was having trouble with Rooney before he retired.

Rooney would have been sold if Moyes back Ferguson's judgement.

Rooney was never the same player for Utd again.

Moyes got the job on Ferguson's recommendation.

Ferguson's worth to Its was getting the best out of average to good players.

The likes of Fletcher,P Neville,Brown,Oshea,Butt and the likes

15 hours ago, Half time pie said:

Guys a legend in his own lunchtime. Should stick to voiceovers in the compair the market ads.

:huh:

5 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

At the end of the day, this absolute gimp of a man is expecting people to give him respect (like he said in his seriously childish rant last night), and yet he refuses to show any respect to anyone else, managers, players, media, and even female medics alike! He moans that clubs are buying their way to success in the EPL these days, whilst conveniently forgetting it was him who actually started that trend at Chelsea, the boy's a grade A weapon who's very quickly turning into another Arsene Wenger, a yesterday's man, and seriously outdated. 

:spoton:

Dagger Is Back
22 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

Sheep home game, Oct 20. All travel booked. Having to ration my leave this year as The recent Stones Tour bit 17 days out of my  allowance. But there will definitely be further trips this season  ;)

It’s in me diary mucker. Pre match beers at the Mills?

Lucille's Thirsty
10 hours ago, Taffin said:

League table doesn't lie. 2nd was deserved for man u.

They also took 7 points from 12 against those two and only lost one of those games. 

They finished 2nd undeserved IMO. Ghastly football team who play percentage football. 

They aren’t a better team than Liverpool or Spurs. No chance at all.

Lucille's Thirsty
10 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

So Man Utd were just better at getting more points 

Do Man Utd play better football than Spurs or Liverpool? 

14 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

Last season yes as they accumulated more points.

Do they play more aesthetically pleasing football? No. But in the league, last season, they were a better team.

Your argument is very Hibs.

Edited by Taffin

SwindonJambo
58 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

It’s in me diary mucker. Pre match beers at the Mills?

Brill and Most definitely! Hopefully TV won't move the game to Sunday. I'll still be there even if they do. I like the Mills. 

9 hours ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

Spurs and Liverpool play with flair.?

Hibs type post imo.

SectionDJambo

Manchester United are suffering from the same thing as they did when Matt Busby retired. How do you replace a manager such as Alex Ferguson?

Maybe Ferguson should have had a succession plan, to allow the new man to have had experience of the club, to guide him through the pit falls and get to know the players before taking charge of them. Maybe he's been an impossible act to follow. Aberdeen fans enjoyed a period which they would never have dreamed about under Ferguson.A substantial number of their fans thought it was normal. It wasn't and still isn't. Manchester United are no different, in this respect.

After Busby, United went into a decline which resulted in them being relegated. Many of the tourist and glory hunting fans, they picked up under Ferguson, tend to forget this. Success has not been a consistent part of their entire history. Things happen to knock clubs back. It's happened to many clubs over the years. Just look at Liverpool, who have struggled to replicate the glory days of the 70s and 80s, but have their European record to console them a bit.

The competition levels in the EPL mean that, even the smaller, clubs don't fear going to play the big boys as much as before. For years there were 2 clubs who always got into the top 4 - Manchester United and Arsenal. Now there are around 6 who think they should be managing it. It's not going to get any easier for United, who could end up like Arsenal, winning a few cups but becoming also rans in the league.

1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

Manchester United are suffering from the same thing as they did when Matt Busby retired. How do you replace a manager such as Alex Ferguson?

Maybe Ferguson should have had a succession plan, to allow the new man to have had experience of the club, to guide him through the pit falls and get to know the players before taking charge of them. Maybe he's been an impossible act to follow. Aberdeen fans enjoyed a period which they would never have dreamed about under Ferguson.A substantial number of their fans thought it was normal. It wasn't and still isn't. Manchester United are no different, in this respect.

After Busby, United went into a decline which resulted in them being relegated. Many of the tourist and glory hunting fans, they picked up under Ferguson, tend to forget this. Success has not been a consistent part of their entire history. Things happen to knock clubs back. It's happened to many clubs over the years. Just look at Liverpool, who have struggled to replicate the glory days of the 70s and 80s, but have their European record to console them a bit.

The competition levels in the EPL mean that, even the smaller, clubs don't fear going to play the big boys as much as before. For years there were 2 clubs who always got into the top 4 - Manchester United and Arsenal. Now there are around 6 who think they should be managing it. It's not going to get any easier for United, who could end up like Arsenal, winning a few cups but becoming also rans in the league.

They have become that already.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Hopefully 

jack D and coke

His so called big signings have been absolutely tragic and they have bog standard defenders for a club of their size and stature. 

When it was revealed the contract Sanchez was on it pleases me no end to see them struggling. 

To think of all their plastic fans getting upset :lol: 

Lucille's Thirsty
12 hours ago, Taffin said:

Last season yes as they accumulated more points.

Do they play more aesthetically pleasing football? No. But in the league, last season, they were a better team.

Your argument is very Hibs.

You edited you’re post to put that in didn’t you. Not needed at all.

Lucille's Thirsty
2 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

G Neville going on about Man United aren’t a sacking club and all that nonsense. They had the best British manager of all time for almost 30 years. Before that they sacked managers. Ferguson left and they’ve sacked 2 managers already with another one on the way.

Maroon Sailor
32 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

His so called big signings have been absolutely tragic and they have bog standard defenders for a club of their size and stature. 

When it was revealed the contract Sanchez was on it pleases me no end to see them struggling. 

Man City are the new club for plastics now.

Beginning to see a rise in seeing their shirts around Edinburgh

Lucille's Thirsty
29 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

They’ve all regressed mate. Haven’t improved at all. Look at Spurs,Liverpool and Man C players all have improved. Jose can’t improve players, he buys finish articles.

33 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

You edited you’re post to put that in didn’t you. Not needed at all.

I did indeed. It's true though; flair over function? Certainly reminds me of a certain lochend bunch. 

To be clear though, I'm not for a second insinuating that your Hibs. 

jack D and coke
25 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Not denying that mate?? I hope they crash and burn too a few years down the road but it’s enjoyable to see them handing United their arse on a plate for a bit until that happens.

1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Liverpool and Barcelona surely still well ahead

Lucille's Thirsty
10 hours ago, Taffin said:

I did indeed. It's true though; flair over function? Certainly reminds me of a certain lochend bunch. 

To be clear though, I'm not for a second insinuating that your Hibs. 

It’s fine don’t worry about it.

I just feel that with all due respect to Man Utd they did finish 2nd and quite comfortably. They aren’t a better team that Spurs and Liverpool. I’d rather have had Spurs or Liverpool season like last year than finish 2nd. Top 4 in England is just same thing unless you finish top. Spurs play much more attractive so do Liverpool and they got to a CL final.

?

Edited by Lucille's Thirsty

PeterintheRain
11 hours ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

G Neville going on about Man United aren’t a sacking club and all that nonsense. They had the best British manager of all time for almost 30 years. Before that they sacked managers. Ferguson left and they’ve sacked 2 managers already with another one on the way.

No they didn't.   They had a man who inherited the wining aberdeen team. Fluked it in europe then did a runner as soon as he could.  He was a total cheat with his match fixing, bent referees, english fa in his pocket and criminal offspring. Nevermind being was guilty of assaulting his own players.   And he's a prick of a yoon who claims to be such a proud Scot that he supported a no vote that's seen us being dragged out of the Eu and facing generations of poverty.  I can't stand him and anybody who praises a man who took arthur ****ing albiston to the World Cup finals ahead of John Robertson, John Colquhoun and Craig Levein  needs to be killed.

2 minutes ago, PeterintheRain said:

No they didn't.   They had a man who inherited the wining aberdeen team. Fluked it in europe then did a runner as soon as he could.  He was a total cheat with his match fixing, bent referees, english fa in his pocket and criminal offspring. Nevermind being was guilty of assaulting his own players.   And he's a prick of a yoon who claims to be such a proud Scot that he supported a no vote that's seen us being dragged out of the Eu and facing generations of poverty.  I can't stand him and anybody who praises a man who took arthur ****ing albiston to the World Cup finals ahead of John Robertson, John Colquhoun and Craig Levein  needs to be killed.

Peter you need to post more often, nail on the head sir. 

31 minutes ago, PeterintheRain said:

But apart from that......

Reading this has reminded me to check again whether clubs like this and including this one are accredited living wage employers.

Can afford to pay overrated donkeys like Pogba a fortune but not quite wealthy enough to pay the decent people who work hard for them a decent wage.

The people's game.  Dont make me laugh.

Massively proud of Hearts.

5 accredited living wage clubs in England, one in Scotland.  That's out of a total of 92 clubs.

I know this is more of a Shed topic but how can the Manchester clubs for example live with themselves.

17 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Reading this has reminded me to check again whether clubs like this and including this one are accredited living wage employers.

Can afford to pay overrated donkeys like Pogba a fortune but not quite wealthy enough to pay the decent people who work hard for them a decent wage.

The people's game.  Dont make me laugh.

Massively proud of Hearts.

:spoton:

They could afford living wage and then some with a Christmas bonus on top just for fun.

Edited by peter_hmfc

2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

5 accredited living wage clubs in England, one in Scotland.  That's out of a total of 92 clubs.

I know this is more of a Shed topic but how can the Manchester clubs for example live with themselves.

Whats the difference in real terms?

are Hearts paying a major difference per week or is it buttons?