Weiss news article translation help?

Charlie-Brown

Dirk Diggler

Who was that guy the other night with the slovakian wife who translated the previous story on Artmedia's website?

Weiss won't be coming to Hearts.

He has blown his chance, if he indeed he wanted it.

He has blown it or we have ? Hell of a difference between the two and i think it is important we find out why.

Dirk Diggler

Our resident in Prague stated last night that Weiss was on Slovakian TV stating that he wouldn't be moving to Hearts because the club failed to provide 'assurances' and that he didn't wan't to move his family.

I guess this will confirm this, although it does look like Heart of Midlothian aren't mentioned in the article?

Whether he comes to Hearts or not, I find it strange that no one has picked up on this interview.

Only a Game
He has blown it or we have ? Hell of a difference between the two and i think it is important we find out why.

Seeing as how neither Hearts not Weiss have dismissed it finally, in fact the only information we have on the whole thing is through newspapers who have been discredited in the past then we dont even know that it HAS been blown.

Hearts have said the grand sum of feck all on the matter for ages now. I sincerely hope they are working away like mad things in the background and that they are getting somewhere close to getting someone.

I believe he has.

Our resident in Prague stated last night that Weiss was on Slovakian TV stating that he wouldn't be moving to Hearts because the club failed to provide 'assurances' and that he didn't wan't to move his family.

I guess this will confirm this, although it does look like Heart of Midlothian aren't mentioned in the article?

Whether he comes to Hearts or not, I find it strange that no one has picked up on this interview.

It was touched upon in the EEN today... After failing to get the guarantees he was looking for regarding team selection and transfer targets, Weiss appears to be having second thoughts

Why do you believe that ?

Something i had heard from someone who has a contact at the Club.

I dont know how reliable it is, as contacts at the CLub dont seem to know much these days, but i thought this guy would know.

I was told that basically the deadline was in place, but he was waiting to see if he was to get the job for his Country, Vlad was having none of it. From what i hear team selection was not an issue.

Of course that could be spin or just a lot of nonsense.

Charlie-Brown
I think he's being offered the post of Slovak National Coach. :cool::

That's what I thought it said and a search brought up similar articles probably from the same newswire as they all had the same date/time-stamp but it seems uncertain if Weiss has accepted the job or not as there is no apparent quotes from him.

Dirk Diggler

Yes, I read it.

Why no quotes though? The EEN first speculated this was the case last week.

A simple translation from this interview last night would end all this nonsense.

I would presume it wouldn't be that difficult to source for any Journalist in this country?

jamtartally

Can things get any worse at the club? - i remember when Charlie Mann was on the radio,1st January stating that we would have a UK manager very soon.

Nearly 7 months later and told that Stevie Frail is taking pre-season training?

Think the lies are beginning to get a bit tiresome!

P.S Campbell Ogilive should be ashamed off himself - wonder how much he is being paid to keep quiet. Should get himself back to Castle Greyskull with the rest of the Wegies!

Who was that guy the other night with the slovakian wife who translated the previous story on Artmedia's website?

That would be me!

1st article says that the National Association and Weiss have had talks and that he is best man out there for the position of national team coach. He wouldnt go into any detail but further talks are scheduled for Friday. This is because he is away watching Euro 08 semi between Russia and Spain as a UEFA delegate.

2nd article backs up what had been revealed on Slovak TV last night which was he had talks and that he was the preferred candidate for the national team job. The bit about Hearts was saying that we were interested and also that he wont be back at Artmedia as they have went to pre-season with a new coach.

(Again thanks to Mrs Chester for the quick translation)

EDIT: ive just seen posts above and from what I gather team selection was NOT an issue. The whole thing has developed because he has been the front runner for the national team job from the start and was unsure what to do as unlike some, he sees the national job as a great honour.

Ah right:) The EEN 'understands' and Weiss 'appears'. Where are the quotes?

I have no idea. Do you know where the quotes are?

Johnny Fingers wondered why an interview abroad hadn't been picked up over here and i quoted something from todays EEN that 'touched upon' the same issues.

Yes, I read it.

Why no quotes though? The EEN first speculated this was the case last week.

A simple translation from this interview last night would end all this nonsense.

I would presume it wouldn't be that difficult to source for any Journalist in this country?

Any half decent journo should be able to source a translation. It's a pity that rules the EEN out.

Charlie-Brown
I have no idea. Do you know where the quotes are?

Johnny Fingers wondered why an interview abroad hadn't been picked up over here and i quoted something from todays EEN that 'touched upon' the same issues.

That slovak news article came out AFTER todays EEN article was published.

Yes "appears" - like "we understand",

They know nowt and are only guessing.

At least the story about Santini had quotes from the agent.

Again, Johnny Fingers wondered why an interview abroad hadn't been picked up over here and i quoted something from todays EEN that 'touched upon' the same issues.

Jeez, you try to be helpful....

Dirk Diggler

Could it be the case that now that Vladimir Weiss knows what is on offer he is thinking over his future.

If he was only using Hearts to get a better deal in his homeland, as some on here suggested, It would be quite strange that after holding talks with his club and FA if he needed time to think things over (If that is indeed the case), wouldn't it?

Edit. Just seen Chesters post, Thanks mate.

That slovak news article came out AFTER todays EEN article was published.

Jesus Christ!

The interview abroad was reported by the Prague hibby LAST NIGHT.

The EEN 'touched upon' part of what was reported in that interview TODAY.

What d'you expect, the pages are full of Biggot Brothers pash! Same Old boring..(yawn!!)!!...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!

Charlie-Brown
Jesus Christ!

They also claimed the same thing last wednesday or thursday but it wasn't reported anywhere else since then only in the EEN without quotes or source (the malofeev article in saturdays express also mentioned it although that article seemed to be collated from various threads on here and had less substance than the EEN articles and again no source or quotes...) - We live in an age of pi$$ poor journalism.

Jesus Christ!

It was Slovak TV (Markiza) who reported this at half past 7/8pm last night. The article posted by NMH was indeed after the EEN and that many reports today in the Slovak press was mostly quoting Markiza. The later article sheds more light on the situation though.

They also claimed the same thing last wednesday or thursday but it wasn't reported anywhere else since then only in the EEN without quotes or source - We live in an age of pi$$ poor journalism.

Only after I posted it on BIM on Monday afternoon though.......

Jam Tarts 1874
A news article from today - no idea of the content - any help appreciated. :)

http://aktualne.centrum.sk/sport/futbal/clanek.phtml?id=1160408

I have had a go with the various free online translators, they are murder and only recognise about 10% of the text. But what it appears to be saying is just confirmation that Weiss met with the Slovak FA today, no decision though as there is another candidate who they might be having a meeting with on the 26th.

scott herbertson
I have had a go with the various free online translators, they are murder and only recognise about 10% of the text. But what it appears to be saying is just confirmation that Weiss met with the Slovak FA today, no decision though as there is another candidate who they might be having a meeting with on the 26th.

Maybe Romanov's applied for the Slovak job - it's only part time and he could fit it in with managing Hearts?

;)

Archived