Under 2 weeks to go

1874KRM

Just under 2 weeks to go before the window closes. How many more players will we bring in? CL said possibly two centre backs coming in. 

Not many names flying about. I would take  vanecek, Chris Cadden, Jason Kerr and and an experienced CB. Hopefully Mitchell on loan 

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

2 defenders a winger and vanecek

Agreed. LB and a CH being the two defenders, hopefully neither are Lee Wallace at this stage, unless it's on a free transfer after the window closes.

1 minute ago, BelgeJambo said:

Wigan still sniffing for Soutar 

Saw that tonight on a usually reliable twitter source. If not Souttar they are looking for a loan deal for a central defender.

On the assumption KL is away along the M8.....

I’m going for 6 more in.

2 defenders, a left wing back, a right winger and two strikers.

Cannae see that we’d let Souttar go unless they offer silly money. Even then it’d be asking a lot for us to rebuild a back line in what remains of the window. 

Imagine any incomings will depend on resolution of Lafferty situation but that’s purely speculation. Hopefully we have a wish list ready to move on soon as any Rangers money is paid  

3 minutes ago, MWHearts said:

Poor article. English transfer window has closed for permanent signings, so won’t be this window.

They could loan him with a commitment to buy in January for a agreed fee

Jambof3tornado
11 minutes ago, MWHearts said:

Poor article. English transfer window has closed for permanent signings, so won’t be this window.

They want to loan him with a fee agreed for later.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
21 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

10 million he's there's 

25 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Can't see us loaning a CB out whilst we are already seeking a loan CB cover for Berra. 

Souttar will get a better move than Wigan in due course anyway...

What concerns me is the way Rangers are dilly-dallying with Lafferty. Getting towards the stage where they will look to sign him too late for us to then use the money...I think we'll need to draw a line somewhere ie 24th August or he stays. I also hope Levein is not having his time wasted by Rangers whilst he should be concentrated on Berra cover...

3 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Can't see us loaning a CB out whilst we are already seeking a loan CB cover for Berra. 

What concerns me is the way Rangers are dilly-dallying with Lafferty. Getting towards the stage where they will look to sign him too late for us to then use the money...I think we'll need to draw a line somewhere ie 24th August or he stays. I also hope Levein is not having his time wasted by Rangers whilst he should be concentrated on Berra cover...

In this boat too. Hearts need to walk away from the table If the huns are so keen they'll pony up the cash within 24 hours of that or not at all.

Although I fundamentally disagree with doing any business with rivals much less that utter shitehouse of a club. If they want laff so bad they can wait until the summer or rock up at Tynie with the Windass money.

Edited by OTT

21 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I think that it will happen this week if ever for their European draw. They need it done before the cut off this week 

17 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

We're after Jimmy Dunne according to Alan Nixon.

In true kickback style I am going to say underwhelmed simply because I had to google both the player and the source...!!!

If and still an ‘if’ Laff were to leave us. I’d like to think we’d bring Vanecek. I’d like to see money invested into Jordan Jones, he could be a good player to have with Naismith and Uche. Bring in McAuley till Summer. Mitchell on loan. Berra be back after winter break for the title run in! 

BackOfTheNet
15 minutes ago, MrB1to4 said:

If and still an ‘if’ Laff were to leave us. I’d like to think we’d bring Vanecek. I’d like to see money invested into Jordan Jones, he could be a good player to have with Naismith and Uche. Bring in McAuley till Summer. Mitchell on loan. Berra be back after winter break for the title run in! 

Jones would be a great addition but it’s not going to happen, Killie’s price tag is too much for Rangers so it’ll be too much for us I’d say.

grumpyespana
1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

Maybe its because Wallace is dragging his heels on his pay off that's if he is part of the deal.

26 minutes ago, grumpyespana said:

Maybe its because Wallace is dragging his heels on his pay off that's if he is part of the deal.

Can't see Hearts being happy to hang about while Rangers and Wallace sort out their situation. Same solution, set a deadline for them...

35 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Jones would be a great addition but it’s not going to happen, Killie’s price tag is too much for Rangers so it’ll be too much for us I’d say.

Contract up at the end of the season, surely a 500k bid with add one would be slightly tempting. Along with the Northern Ireland links with Austin etc... Probably more so wishful thinking however ha!

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

Can't see Hearts being happy to hang about while Rangers and Wallace sort out their situation. Same solution, set a deadline for them...

I’m with you on this. Set a deadline to stump up the cash and in no uncertain terms will an offer be accepted at that point. The player will just have to understand that the team he wants to go to just doesn’t want him enough if they don’t produce. We either need one of two things to happen - either he signs a new contract or they’ve stump up with the cash and he signs for them and we have time to strengthen areas that need strengthening. Last thing we want is to spend money based on a promise from them only for it to fall through, or to not spend money and sell towards the end of the window and have little time to replace.

BackOfTheNet
2 minutes ago, MrB1to4 said:

Contract up at the end of the season, surely a 500k bid with add one would be slightly tempting. Along with the Northern Ireland links with Austin etc... Probably more so wishful thinking however ha!

A money plus player deal seems to be all the rage. ? We could offer cash plus Callachan and try and send Amankwaa out on loan to them too!

jamboinglasgow

Its been exactly a month since our last signing. Not much about that but crazy that we signed 13 players with almost a month and a half of the window left.

I think if the rumour about Dunne from Burnley is true, that we will sign him and another experienced centre back (Baur will go on loan, I think he is not on loan yet just in case.) I do think we will sign Mitchell, Vanecek if Lafferty goes and possibly one more player if we can get rid of some fringe players. Callachan surely must be going soon, Martin and Amankwaa you never know.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Sad times when Killie can tell Rangers to bolt for a relative new-comer, but we can't tell them to bolt for our top goal scorer and fan favourite.

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Its been exactly a month since our last signing. Not much about that but crazy that we signed 13 players with almost a month and a half of the window left.

I think if the rumour about Dunne from Burnley is true, that we will sign him and another experienced centre back (Baur will go on loan, I think he is not on loan yet just in case.) I do think we will sign Mitchell, Vanecek if Lafferty goes and possibly one more player if we can get rid of some fringe players. Callachan surely must be going soon, Martin and Amankwaa you never know.

Hope you are right about Demi JiG, still a bit light on the wings.

Be happy once the window closes.