Tottenham Hotspur!

crichiejambos

crichiejambos

First club in premier league history not to buy anyone in the summer transfer window! Now you could look at this two ways one good on them for not spending ridiculous amounts of money and being pressured into it! Or it's a big gamble and they are taking a chance it works out.....but something has gotta give if you have a new stadium to pay for:greggy:

Cruyff Turn

Still a very strong squad but they needed the stadium to move up a level.

The biggest problem for them is if they come 5th-7th this season and the likes of Kane, Erikssen, Trippier etc... start to get the itch to move for some silverware. They could struggle to replace them with the stadium debt being the short term priority. Then the manager goes and they'll be a mid table side with a cracking stadium which is half full. Risky. 

City, Liverpool and United have all strengthened, Chelsea and Arsenal look to have made improvements, could come back to bite them 

brunoatemyhamster

They tied Harry Kane down.

Id be more than happy with that if i was a Spurs fan.

chester copperpot

Levy has already stated that he doesn't think many players were worth the price given the inflated fees this year.

I like Spurs. Well run club and once this new stadium is up and running then potential WOW! my old boss is also a massive Spurs fan and I like him so all good for me.

Still my worst ever memory for a European Tie though 

KnightyJambo

Risky move in my opinion. The teams right behind them (Liverpool, Arsenal & Chelsea) have all improved their squads so they could easily be overtaken by all three and i can't see Kane and co staying on if they are suddenly playing Europa League football!

2 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

City, Liverpool and United have all strengthened, Chelsea and Arsenal look to have made improvements, could come back to bite them 

Agree. The in-laws are all big Spurs fans and I can't imagine they're looking on this positively in any way. They did have a very good squad but it still needed strengthening, and as you say all of their rivals have strengthened. Big season for Spurs now.

Just because they haven’t bought doesn’t mean they’ll be worse off. Be interesting to see how they do.

Edited by DH1986

It's hardly a squad on the wane that they have.

They have a group of players in their prime and they may just replicate another top 4 finish.

I understand a bit freshness added to the squad helps even if not entirely needed but I think they'll still do well.  Get to January doing reasonably well and they might splash then.

18 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Didn't win it last year. Won't win it this year. 

I think the Gunners will win the title, none of this Man City or Liverpool pish!

12 minutes ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Is Harry happy though, maybe he's into that stuff, I don't know? 

They have young players who are a season more experienced. 

Their first 11 should be stronger for it this year. 

Top 4 but they won't win the EPL title.

SectionDJambo

Got a decent side but probably needed a couple of top class players to go the extra bit for trophies. Could be similar situation to Arsenal when they spent massively on their stadium. 2 or 3 years without improving, or maybe even slipping back until the financial benefits kick in. 

4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Refreshing.

Bringing in a dozen new players every window is not the way to go IMO.

You won’t be saying that if we win a trophy this season.

brunoatemyhamster
6 minutes ago, smiler said:

Is Harry happy though, maybe he's into that stuff, I don't know? 

Lol. I get it. Harry wouldn't but i do.

37 minutes ago, crichiejambos said:

First club in premier league history not to buy anyone in the summer transfer window! Now you could look at this two ways one good on them for not spending ridiculous amounts of money and being pressured into it! Or it's a big gamble and they are taking a chance it works out.....but something has gotta give if you have a new stadium to pay for:greggy:

Sounds familiar :jj:

crichiejambos

Chelsea as mentioned 70odd million on a goalkeeper although they got back 35 back from Madrid,Fulham spent 100million!!!!

They'll do alright, if they don’t lose anyone before the 31st. 4th place I think. 

Liverpool 

Manchester City 

Arsenal

Tottenham Hotspurs

Everton

Wolves

Brighton Jambo

I get that it’s seen as good for them not to get sucked into the crazy prices but if you stand still while all around you strengthen then you go backwards.  And how long before a young hungry manager looks around and thinks he would do better elsewhere.  I think they will regret this transfer window 

Edited by Brighton Jambo

Francis Albert
22 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

You won’t be saying that if we win a trophy this season.

Indeed. I am hoping we perform well enough not to need yet another huge infusion of new players in either or both  of the next two windows.

crichiejambos
22 minutes ago, Geoff the Mince said:

Will get top four and finish above the Woolwich wanks .

Woolwich wanks......:clyay:

Imo Deli Ali is vastly overrated. They should've bought someone to play in his position....I see a 6th place for them this year.

The Internet

Pedantic but they're not the first club in history to do this. First club since 2003 or so said the sky presenter earlier. 

Still have a good squad.

Though we don't know yet who they may lose by end August.

They are quoted as being unwilling to pay fees quoted for Zaha, Grealish, Malcolm and possibly Martial.  Maybe others. 

But smashed their wage structure to give Kane a new contract. Though possibly to increase the fee. 

Gavsy Van Gaverson
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

They'll do alright, if they don’t lose anyone before the 31st. 4th place I think. 

Liverpool 

Manchester City 

Arsenal

Tottenham Hotspurs

Everton

Wolves

Wolves above Chelsea? That’s a brave call.

2 hours ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Kinky

Sepp's Bladder

Liverpool 

Manchester City 

Arsenal

Tottenham Hotspurs

Everton

Wolves

Wolves and everton to finish above manchester utd?

Bazzas right boot

Exact meaning of rock and hard place. 

The players they want are unlikely to move to them unless it's silly money. 

Players they can get unlikely to improve them. 

Bazzas right boot

Liverpool 

Manchester City 

Arsenal

Tottenham Hotspurs

Everton

Wolves

Man Utd, Chelsea? 

2 hours ago, crichiejambos said:

Club ready for sale like arsenal. £2b apparently...!

2 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Man Utd, Chelsea? 

Man United will implode and Chelsea will stutter along. 

crichiejambos
13 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Every time I see the OP post i wonder the same thing. What is so exciting?

Meaning?

I used to respect Spurs - Dave MacKay, we always played them pre-season, we played them in our centenary year match (1974), vs Bayern Munich Away 1986 loads of their fans (dual hearts & spurs there) since then ......

no respect at all, they are arrogant, think they are special, they’ve never won the

premier league, at best they will be mid

season 18/19, massive debts with a new stadium etc!!

PS they did achieve one thing, they managed to come 3rd in a two horse race 15/16, Arsenal were 2nd!!

Dalstonjambo
1 hour ago, crichiejambos said:

Meaning?

You are incredibly liberal with your use of an exclamation mark my friend that’s all.