100th PGA Championship

Samuel Camazzola

Placid Casual

Have to ask, why are so many people keen to see Tiger Woods win another major? He has behaved like a massive bellend over the years.

Maroon Sailor
15 minutes ago, Placid Casual said:

Have to ask, why are so many people keen to see Tiger Woods win another major? He has behaved like a massive bellend over the years.

He has

At least 11 years now from his last major.

Strange his last major came at the age of 32, while Mickelson won his first of 5 at the age of 33. He was 43 when he won his last.

I thought it was inevitable Woods would go on to win 20 plus majors

1 hour ago, Placid Casual said:

Have to ask, How has he? 

Placid Casual
31 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Have to ask, How has he? 

What he done to his wife and family, which you can’t do without being a lying and deceitful bellend. That Nike commercial. Being off with the fans.

30 minutes ago, Placid Casual said:

What he done to his wife and family, which you can’t do without being a lying and deceitful bellend. That Nike commercial. Being off with the fans.

What he done to his gold digging wife who's now worth a quarter of a billion quid?

Come on, he's Tiger Woods for God sake, we can't judge him, we've never been in his position.

He's a great man, he has needs, he thinks with his dick likes every other man. He's been in the zone for decades, he's one of the greatest sports people of all time. If his missus isn't doing the business anymore, he's not going to use his own hand ffs, he's Tiger Woods. He can have almost any woman he wants, when he wants. 

His missus would have still been babysitting or something if she had never met Tiger Woods, now she's worth 250 million. She got what she was after the day she met him. 

:laugh:

Placid Casual
6 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

What he done to his gold digging wife who's now worth a quarter of a billion quid?

Come on, he's Tiger Woods for God sake, we can't judge him, we've never been in his position.

He's a great man, he has needs, he thinks with his dick likes every other man. He's been in the zone for decades, he's one of the greatest sports people of all time. If his missus isn't doing the business anymore, he's not going to use his own hand ffs, he's Tiger Woods. He can have almost any woman he wants, when he wants. 

His missus would have still been babysitting or something if she had never met Tiger Woods, now she's worth 250 million. She got what she was after the day she met him. 

:laugh:

So people root for him because he is a shagger?? Fair enough. That didn’t occur to me :lol: 

10 minutes ago, Placid Casual said:

So people root for him because he is a shagger?? Fair enough. That didn’t occur to me :lol: 

:lol: Not because he's a shagger, because he's the best. A black/asian man who dominated a Rich White man's sport to the point where they were Tiger proofing courses. Then yeah, everything fell apart, he went out of control, had tonnes of injuries etc.. Now he's back and people are rooting for him because if he wins majors now against all odds, it just shows how great he is. 

Samuel Camazzola
2 hours ago, benny said:

Looks as if Jack Nicklaus will rèmain as the best player ever.

Nicklaus remains as holder of most major titles while Tiger is by far the greatest player of all time. 

1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Nicklaus remains as holder of most major titles while Tiger is by far the greatest player of all time. 

:spoton: 

2 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

In your opinion. Jack is the greatest for me. Titles, 2nds, etc... and how he conducted himself on and off the course.  I think Tiger is a legend and was like Tyson, a phenomenon when young. But unlike Jack, they couldn't cope with fame and fortune and lost their way. 

Here's hoping Tiger can reclaim his game. 

Edited by ri Alban

Samuel Camazzola
48 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

In your opinion. Jack is the greatest for me. Titles, 2nds, etc... and how he conducted himself on and off the course.  I think Tiger is a legend and was like Tyson, a phenomenon when young. But unlike Jack, they couldn't cope with fame and fortune and lost their way. 

Here's hoping Tiger can reclaim his game. 

Tiger revolutionised the whole game and took it to a level where all the current players are playing for purses that could never be imagined. 

1 minute ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Tiger revolutionised the whole game and took it to a level where all the current players are playing for purses that could never be imagined. 

That's the same in every sport. Take Jack into now with said money and equipment, he'd still be first. Same with Ali, Maradona, Sugar Ray Robinson, etc... 

Samuel Camazzola
11 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

That's the same in every sport. Take Jack into now with said money and equipment, he'd still be first. Same with Ali, Maradona, Sugar Ray Robinson, etc... 

It'll always be hard to make true comparisons across eras. 

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

No he isn't. He is a feckin wank.

He is. ? redefined the game, he is the greatest of all time. 

Nobody will ever do anything like what he’s done for golf. 

Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

I think the likes of Bobby Jones, Hogan, Snead, Palmer, Player, Nicklaus, Tom Watson and Seve all played their parts in making golf what it is today.

10 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I think the likes of Bobby Jones, Hogan, Snead, Palmer, Player, Nicklaus, Tom Watson and Seve all played their parts in making golf what it is today.

I’m not saying they haven’t played a part, of course they have, but not on the scale that Tiger has. 

10 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I raise you Terry Wogan

:lol: that's some putt from Wogan. Must've been pretty decent.

41 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Jack was the same, then Seve, then tiger, then some other will come along. Evolution!?!? 

15 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Jack was the same, then Seve, then tiger, then some other will come along. Evolution!?!? 

I can’t take anything you say seriously. 

3 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

I can’t take anything you say seriously. 

Jack changed the game, then Seve then tiger. All greats of the game that will probably be surpassed in the future by another great. You think Tiger is the best, 50 years from now someone will think so and so is the best. It's not difficult is it. 

William H. Bonney
37 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Jack changed the game, then Seve then tiger. All greats of the game that will probably be surpassed in the future by another great. You think Tiger is the best, 50 years from now someone will think so and so is the best. It's not difficult is it. 

I don't think anyone will change the game of golf as much as tiger did. 

Just now, Dino Velvet said:

I don't think anyone will change the game of golf as much as tiger did. 

Equipment changes the game. Give tiger some auld wooden clubs.

Golf's all power now. I'll take skill any day. 

William H. Bonney
Just now, ri Alban said:

Equipment changes the game. Give tiger some auld wooden clubs.

Golf's all power now. I'll take skill any day. 

I agree about power. Koepka hit a wedge 164 yesterday. But these guys have skill in abundance. 

3 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

I agree about power. Koepka hit a wedge 164 yesterday. But these guys have skill in abundance. 

I know they do. But 350 off the tee helps. 

Edited by ri Alban

William H. Bonney
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

I know they do. But 350 off the tee helps. 

True. I can hit 300 with my driver, and I'm only an 11 handicap. 

6 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

True. I can hit 300 with my driver, and I'm only an 11 handicap. 

I miss ma golf. I played every day in my late teens early twenties until I blew both knees. I haven't played for 6 years. Crieff love the place. 

Edited by ri Alban

Nicklaus was a phenomenal player and winner,  as was Woods,   but Woods revolutionised the game more than Nicklaus did.      As well as winning the majors he did when at his zenith,    he also set some unheard of records along the way.    Winning the Masters by 12 shots and the US Open by 15 shots.

Winning any golf tournament by 15 shots is and was unimagineable.     To win one of the hardest and most attritional tournaments at a venue as demanding as Pebble Beach should never have been possible.     

Nicklaus,   while certainly great and talented,   was more of an ultra-consistent stayer.    Woods was spectacular and inspirational.

8 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Nicklaus was a phenomenal player and winner,  as was Woods,   but Woods revolutionised the game more than Nicklaus did.      As well as winning the majors he did when at his zenith,    he also set some unheard of records along the way.    Winning the Masters by 12 shots and the US Open by 15 shots.

Winning any golf tournament by 15 shots is and was unimagineable.     To win one of the hardest and most attritional tournaments at a venue as demanding as Pebble Beach should never have been possible.     

Nicklaus,   while certainly great and talented,   was more of an ultra-consistent stayer.    Woods was spectacular and inspirational.

What age was Jack when he won his last Masters? 

18 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

What age was Jack when he won his last Masters? 

46.  Old for the time.   Tom Watson should have won The Open just short of 60.     Winners in their 40s is not that unusual now.     

Everyone loves a character whether they are villians or heroes. Sport needs them.and Tiger is certainly the biggest character in Golf and one of the biggest in sporting history. The guys just box office. 

If he pulls off this comeback and wins a other major then it will go down as the biggest in history IMO. Will just cement his place as the best golfer in history. Wouldn't put it past him. I watched him winning the open on one leg 

Here, I don't want to let out air in the tyres of yer Tiger band wagon. But he doesn't come close to Jack. 

1st 18

2nd 19 

3rd 9

4th 8

5th 2

Thats 56 top 5 finishes and 73 top 10.

He finished the open from 63 to 82 in the outside the top 10 twice and top 5 4 times. He was in the top 5, 15 times in 20 years. 

So tiger, great as he is. Couldn't tie Jack's golf shoes. 

The end! 

Edited by ri Alban

Samuel Camazzola
53 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Here, I don't want to let out air in the tyres of yer Tiger band wagon. But he doesn't come close to Jack. 

1st 18

2nd 19 

3rd 9

4th 8

5th 2

Thats 56 top 5 finishes and 73 top 10.

He finished the open from 63 to 82 in the outside the top 10 twice and top 5 4 times. He was in the top 5, 15 times in 20 years. 

So tiger, great as he is. Couldn't tie Jack's golf shoes. 

The end! 

I don't think anyone has disputed how good a player Nicklaus was or the exceptional record he had in majors. Tiger is the main man though and going across the eras, he has played the last 20+ years at a time when competition and the standard of player has never been as high. 

Don't know how anyone can say with confidence that Tiger will never win another when he's come within a bawhair of winning the last 2.

8 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Don't know how anyone can say with confidence that Tiger will never win another when he's come within a bawhair of winning the last 2.

There's another 2 or 3 in there. It's good he's back. The Ryder Cup will be good. 

19 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I don't think anyone has disputed how good a player Nicklaus was or the exceptional record he had in majors. Tiger is the main man though and going across the eras, he has played the last 20+ years at a time when competition and the standard of player has never been as high. 

Palmer,Player,Trevino,Millar,Watson and Sevy all better than anything that Tiger faced at his peak.

Club and ball technology a big help as well.

Great as Tiger was Jack is  still the best ever.

16 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Koepka & Molinari are the ones who had the option of changing gears like Eldrick Tont Woods did in the past.

The golf coverage directors of the past had an abundance of superstars to choose from and gave fair coverage to all players. These days every coverage director is hanging of Eldricks bell end. 14 majors is his lot, the guy can't hit 60 yard wide fairways FFS!

Samuel Camazzola
On 11/08/2018 at 12:12, Irufushi said:

I like it, hooked the laptop up the my tv with an hdmi cable and its a quality picture, think I’ll be keeping it for the serie A coverage, can’t go wrong for 5.99 a month, will cancel it during the summer months I think . 

Did you keep your subscription on? I cancelled the trial through the week and have a code from them today to get annual price for £39.99 should you want it. 

5 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Did you keep your subscription on? I cancelled the trial through the week and have a code from them today to get annual price for £39.99 should you want it. 

Yea I’ll be signing up for serie A , mate. Cheers for the heads up ?

Samuel Camazzola
53 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Yea I’ll be signing up for serie A , mate. Cheers for the heads up ?

Did you cancel the trial period too? You'll likely get the same offer if so.