2 fans stabbed at Ibrox

His name is

4 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

100% there was trouble in Zagreb. Not a lot of it, but it was there.

If we'd have won over there, it would have been a very different story though.

There was, but I didn't see any involving Hearts guys. Certainly locals trying to stir. Doesn't mean it didn't happen away from where we were.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jake

• sadj

• Morgan

• Elmore

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Ooooft, this news isn't going to do jake's hangover any good.

A ‘hair of the dog before logging back in’ moment I would imagine.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Nah it was Celtic fans trying to stir up rouble for Rangers. Everyone is against them don't you know? No--one likes them don't you know?

The huns say they don't care that no-one likes them. See when you tell them you hate them, they get all upset. 

kirkierobroy

There was trouble at their Wigan friendly as well, iirc.

No doubt Bears' Den has a 'Wigan-Berrz Violence - Croats to Blame' thread.

Police Scotland and G4S must be dreading the old firm matches. I have no idea how they plan on policing 51000 rangers fans from 800 Celtic fans at Ibrox and 59000 Celtic fans away from 800 rangers fans at the old firm games. It will be carnage. When we went there, the abandoned snow match, when we where romping the championship and they where protesting the board, I honestly thought it was gonna kick off inside the stadium. We had 1300 tickets that day. 800 celebrating Celtic fans with rangers fans above them and to each side of them, has disaster written all over it. Really stupid stuff.  

Most of them on FollowFollow are unbelievably backing up the stabbers, the few calling out the knife wielders are getting dog's abuse.  The vast majority of their internet support at least are snivelling ballless cowards who think that using a knife instead of your fists is perfectly acceptable.

28 minutes ago, world_3 said:

Most of them on FollowFollow are unbelievably backing up the stabbers, the few calling out the knife wielders are getting dog's abuse.  The vast majority of their internet support at least are snivelling ballless cowards who think that using a knife instead of your fists is perfectly acceptable.

A few on here wont be happy if it is the Croats stabbed.

Personally i find it pretty hard to meet an OF fan who isnt a when talking about football.

I know it happened away from the ground (outside) but will Uefa become involved especially with the history Sevco (Deadco as well) have. 

Imagine if the boardrooms across Scotland weren't so spineless and had chucked them out for 3 years before they were allowed back in.

31 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

A few on here wont be happy if it is the Croats stabbed.

Personally i find it pretty hard to meet an OF fan who isnt a when talking about football.

2 stabbed were Croatian 

3 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

They are firmly laying the blame at Celtic supporters and the police. Nothing to do with themselves obviously.

Must have been another faction of Croatians responsible. 

Hopefully the perpetrators are caught so we should know then. Can't believe anyone is defending that. 

32 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

I know it happened away from the ground (outside) but will Uefa become involved especially with the history Sevco (Deadco as well) have. 

did uefa get involved with what happened to the liverpool fan last seasion? IIRC that was away from the ground

Rangers should be banned for 10 years. Saying that they'll probably get chucked out once their finances are exposed. The Donald Trump of Scottish fitbaw. 

Reading the comments from some on The Bears Den is pretty sickening.  What horrible, horrible people.

12 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Reading the comments from some on The Bears Den is pretty sickening.  What horrible, horrible people.

Stabbings are serious shit, what are the mups saying?

1 hour ago, Dannie Boy said:

Did eufa get involved after Roma fans stabbed that Liverpool fan? I think Liverpool were fined for the disturbances before the man city game I can't remember if they got involved after the Roma fans incident. 

31 minutes ago, smiler said:

Stabbings are serious shit, what are the mups saying?

Hi,

basically that it was all self-defence, that the Croats were ‘roaming’ the streets with swords, that folk that thought what happened was wrong were ‘poofs’, that they would like to ‘do’ more of the same on their future travels etc. etc.

No wonder not many Hearts fans go to Ibrox nowadays.  

11 minutes ago, Elmore said:

Did eufa get involved after Roma fans stabbed that Liverpool fan? I think Liverpool were fined for the disturbances before the man city game I can't remember if they got involved after the Roma fans incident. 

Commented but but no action it seems.

A spokesman for UEFA said it was “deeply shocked by the vile attack that occurred ahead of Liverpool FC v AS Roma & our thoughts are with the victim and his family.

"The perpetrators of this ignominious attack have no place in football and we trust they will be dealt with utmost severity by the authorities.”

Jambo-Jimbo
2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Hi,

basically that it was all self-defence, that the Croats were ‘roaming’ the streets with swords, that folk that thought what happened was wrong were ‘poofs’, that they would like to ‘do’ more of the same on their future travels etc. etc.

Which they presumably must had bought from the local corner shop, because that would have been fun getting swords through airport security.

Rangers old and new, Scotlands shame always have been always will be.

37 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Hi,

God, there's some total arseholes out there man.

Torry Jambo
10 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

The world would be that little bit better without Rangers, Celtic and Glaswegians imo.

Without a shadow of a doubt

32 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Which they presumably must had bought from the local corner shop, because that would have been fun getting swords through airport security.

The Roma guys who attacked the Liverpool guy allegedly had hammers !

Some crazy guys out there !

brunoatemyhamster
10 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

The world would be that little bit better without Rangers, Celtic and Glaswegians imo.

But but but its only a tiny minority!:Aye:

50 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Correct Jimbo, Imo Rangers are by far the worst of the Glasgow teams.

19 minutes ago, smiler said:

God, there's some total arseholes out there man.

Spot on Smiler.  You just have to wonder a wee bit though - is some of it just bluster on a keyboard?

17 minutes ago, Torry Jambo said:

Without a shadow of a doubt

:thumbsup: 

20 minutes ago, Boab said:

The Roma guys who attacked the Liverpool guy allegedly had hammers !

Some crazy guys out there !

never leave the house without my trusty hammer Boab.  

Surely you're the same?  

:) 

millerjames398
10 hours ago, MrB1to4 said:

Pretty sure it was that zeljnicar. Ended up burning a few seats in Murrayfield iirc.

Ferencvaros fans set fire to the seats at murrayfield ,crazy scenes?

Libertarian

I know it won't happen but UEFA should throw them out of the competition and give them a 5 year ban. Are we going to end up with someone being murdered by these morons?

Phil Dunphy
23 minutes ago, Hearts Daft said:

I know it won't happen but UEFA should throw them out of the competition and give them a 5 year ban. Are we going to end up with someone being murdered by these morons?

They couldn't. They've turned a blind eye to attacks of this nature for years, they certainly won't get involved now.

8 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

You’re right in saying it was pockets of little incidents, not to the same standard as last night right enough. But we drank with some of the BBB after the away leg and they were quite upfront about the idea that, if we had won that night, they’d have been kicking our collective ***** in. 

Me and some others were taken to the blue boys bar pre-match - a fantastic night and the only trouble I witnessed was in the Hearts end. 

Did hear about one incident the night before the game.

10 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

They were a bit nuts and I think our 'boys' gave them a wide berth when they were here, apart from one who assured us they would be going home in coffins if they started anything.

I think he's still hiding behind his couch though.

No trouble that I recall though.

:rofl:

How could I forget that!

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
28 minutes ago, Hearts Daft said:

Don't be so stupid. Shit like this happens far more than  we hear about. There would be no teams left. 

Phil Dunphy
1 minute ago, Dunks said:

Me and some others were taken to the blue boys bar pre-match - a fantastic night and the only trouble I witnessed was in the Hearts end. 

Did hear about one incident the night before the game.

I saw someone get glassed while walking along the strip up from the town square, but heard about other isolated incidents. 

I don't remember any trouble in the ground, although that might've been the Karlavcko we consumed pre match :laugh:

kirkierobroy
3 hours ago, Morgan said:

Used to go there for a laugh, watching them seethe inarticulately, after they'd lost to Montrose or whatever.

But you're right - the general tone there is very dark and troubling.

2 minutes ago, kirkierobroy said:

Used to go there for a laugh, watching them seethe inarticulately, after they'd lost to Montrose or whatever.

They’re not right in the head Robroy.

Or, that is what they are trying to portray from their wee keyboards.  

2 hours ago, Morgan said:

Surely you're the same?  

Nah Morgan mate we're the Bon Bon crew now :gok:

3 minutes ago, Jambojay84 said:

Nah Morgan mate we're the Bon Bon crew now :gok:

You’ve got me there Jay :) 

Bon Bon crew?

Салатные палочки
29 minutes ago, kirkierobroy said:

A hotbed of bigotry that place. Says a lot when one of their posters has Gusty Spence as his profile pic. 

Staunch as **** brerrz. 

11 minutes ago, Morgan said:

You’ve got me there Jay :) 

Bon Bon crew?

A thread yesterday mate was talking about sweets and a poster came out with Bon bons "you're gettin Bon bonned tae **** mate" :gok: I'll get ma coat :mmtaxi:

3 minutes ago, Jambojay84 said:

A thread yesterday mate was talking about sweets and a poster came out with Bon bons "you're gettin Bon bonned tae **** mate" :gok: I'll get ma coat :mmtaxi:

:groundhog: 

2 hours ago, Morgan said:

Surely you're the same?  

My staff of peace these days, bud !

Supersonic94
8 hours ago, kirkierobroy said:

There was trouble at their Wigan friendly as well, iirc.

No doubt Bears' Den has a 'Wigan-Berrz Violence - Croats to Blame' thread.

Apparently it was chelsea fans to blame.

Stephen Muddie
19 hours ago, jambocub said:

Banned ? Why would he get banned

For being unpopular mate.

although the style of language used was shall we say a little casual (npi) I tend to get his general point rather than focussing on the language used to put the point across.

if he'd cut it down to something like "this is sad news for the victims but unsurprising given the nature of Croats and Glasgow - and in the wider context of football violence in Scotland/yUK maybe we are lucky we haven't seen more of this sort of thing. Any away mob looking for trouble at any big ground in UK will find it if they want it" Then I don't think anyone would call for bans, but unfortunately we are increasingly comfort-zoning as a people, tending to avoid addressing difficult points of view/issues and instead focussing on relative incidentals, often shooting the messenger or framing good guys so to speak in the process.

"It's not what you say but the way that you say it."

Personally, I'm learning as I go on life as society changes and Americanises (sc) visibly before my eyes, as we turn into fatter uglier more uniform and more intolerant consumers etc and move away more than ever before from our "Jock Tamsons bairns" way of life, that my very nature as a forthright speaker and doer of good may be seriously unacceptable today. We must adapt and be with the current social fasciones or risk our points or actions being ignored and our language criticised. A typical logical fallacy that one.

Anyway, I am rambling a little off topic. I remember hearts fans being attacked everywhere in Europe I've went. I've seen Hearts fans fighting most other fans and vice versa domestically and I've seen Hearts fans fighting Hearts fans (& even players breaking noses in friendlies!)

football is a sport of passion and tribalism. Fights are almost inevitable. The use of weaponry is abhorrent and worrying. As is the trend for trouble to break out in residential streets/shopping centres etc. I say the Russian I think hooligans who all meet in deserted industrial areas bare chested and bare knuckled, kick the shit out each other and go away are probably doing what is quite a wrong thing, er, right.

I feckin hate the orcs but reading this thread it's apparent that there are different points of view as to who started this,

ill hold back accusing the orcs or the Croats but whoever done it needs locked up and the key thrown away - there would have been decent punters at that game and like the previous poster said, whoever takes a knife to a football match needs their head read - shouldn't be tolerated at all 

hope the 2 victims are ok

A Boy Named Crow
15 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

100% there was trouble in Zagreb. Not a lot of it, but it was there.

If we'd have won over there, it would have been a very different story though.

We certainly met the local hooligans over there. Some of them were drinking at  the Bulldog. They informed us it would be ok, said there’d only have been trouble if we’d been English. They were actually gentlemen, we all had drinks and a laugh, then at something like 3am they told us “Everybody  have good time, now though you should  leave, we must fight police, this is not for you”

We left 

2 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

I feckin hate the orcs but reading this thread it's apparent that there are different points of view as to who started this,

ill hold back accusing the orcs or the Croats but whoever done it needs locked up and the key thrown away - there would have been decent punters at that game and like the previous poster said, whoever takes a knife to a football match needs their head read - shouldn't be tolerated at all 

hope the 2 victims are ok

Croats wrecked the Louden Tavern, apparently. 

6 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Cheers for clarifying alban ?

its a shocker regardless of circumstances

10 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

@Hearts1975 Other Rangers fans are also saying they went in and past the Louden and it was perfectly fine. 

Edited by sadj

Big Slim Stylee
14 minutes ago, sadj said:

@Hearts1975 Other Rangers fans are also saying they went in and past the Louden and it was perfectly fine. 

Easy mistake. Doubt it would look that much different pre/post riot.