Zlamal

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

I've seen him play two whole matches and he's hardly touched the ball, aside from an entertaining penalty shootout. Heard he looked the part with a couple of good saves today though, what do people who were there say?

gashauskis9

Assured.  Was still shouting at the defence in injury time.  Boy’s a winner.

Total headcase though.  Some interesting warm up rituals ???

Couple of good reaction saves, looked sharp and distribution was decent. Needs to be pressurised under crosses still though

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

I've seen him play two whole matches and he's hardly touched the ball, aside from an entertaining penalty shootout. Heard he looked the part with a couple of good saves today though, what do people who were there say?

2 excellent saves in quick succession. 1st one to stop a very good strike , 2nd acrobatically touched over the bar. Looks a character and a capable keeper.

Good keeper, there will be the odd game where he will have a stinker i'm sure but looks like he has potential to become a bit of a cult hero.  Have another good keeper on the bench so he will need to be on top of his game to stay in the team.

Looked very solid. Great shot stopping when called upon. Very solid in terms of distribution too

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Laid back style belies a very good keeper.

Top performance today. 

Agree. Looks a reasonable keeper.

Hot since 86

Couple of really good saves, one shot he palmed back into a dangerous area and a cross which he flapped a little bit.

i think he will be solid but I do worry about his kicking.

edit: forgot to say he does seem very commanding and collected some crosses very desicively.

Edited by Hot since 86

fabienleclerq

Defo a cult hero in the making, few good saves today. Not too keen on keepers punching but foreign keepers tend to do this.

Marooned In Ireland

Looked sharp enough from what I saw on the box. Doyle is decent too, nice to have good competition for the starting berth

Solid goalkeeping today, with fine good saves into the mix. One cross I would have liked him to catch, but he got a decent punch on it to be fair. 

Pleasantly surprised. 

RalphieCifaretto

Good performance, one shot he inexcusably pushed back into danger area which against better opposition would result in a goal. Would like to see Doyle in action before making him number 1

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
29 minutes ago, Hot since 86 said:

Couple of really good saves, one shot he palmed back into a dangerous area and a cross which he flapped a little bit.

i think he will be solid but I do worry about his kicking.

edit: forgot to say he does seem very commanding and collected some crosses very desicively.

His kicking is actually one of his best features. Against Cowdenbeath he punted it right in to the space our right mid was running on to and ended up with the ball in a dangerous area.

Jambo 4 Ever
13 minutes ago, kila said:

That warmup working miracles for him so far

Soon every keeper in the country will be doing it

What was the warm

up?

From the bombscare people had him down for after the Raith game he's looked assured, thorough and a confident part of the defence since.

We'll see over the season though. 

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Must be fun to have around.

Berra: "Anyone got any ideas to do something after training? Round of golf? Nando's...?"

Zlamal: " Let's go sky-diving!"

Berra: 

:berra:

I was thinking he's more of a jobby sniffer...

He just put a tweet out with a pic of him and SuperUche. #BetterthanDrogba ?

Obviously a bit mad but in a good way

Lucille's Thirsty
1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

Looks the part to me. Couple of cracking saves and seemed to command his box well.

Cult hero in the making.

Aye. Looks like the definition of one.

rudi must stay
5 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Like him alot. Some brilliant stops and I like his quick and confident distribution.

Bunny Munro

He looks very good. Still recon he'll chuck the odd one in the back of the net, but most games he'll be great. 

Harry Potter
10 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Laid back style belies a very good keeper.

Top performance today. 

Confidence is a big must for a keeper, this lad has it.

Tommy Brown
11 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Instead of starting threads, you should pay more attention at games.

Yestrday, he had two cracking saves within a minute just after we went up 3-0.

11 hours ago, gjcc said:

Good at the splits and lunges. 

Also backflips & cartwheels..seen him doing that at the raith game

tartofmidlothian
1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

Instead of starting threads, you should pay more attention at games.

Yestrday, he had two cracking saves within a minute just after we went up 3-0.

Wasn't at the game yesterday though, was I? Instead of moaning about people starting threads when they want to talk about Hearts, you should read posts properly.

13 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Kicked well.

Not according to the boy next to me, seemingly after one clearance went straight to their rb (in the ict half) we’d be better off with Jack Hamilton!

Thought he looked good in the last 2 games but at some point he is going to come flying out his box for a long ball behind the defence and miss it, he was about to do it yesterday but changed his mind and left it to Berra to deal with.

gashauskis9
13 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Not according to the boy next to me, seemingly after one clearance went straight to their rb (in the ict half) we’d be better off with Jack Hamilton!

Thought he looked good in the last 2 games but at some point he is going to come flying out his box for a long ball behind the defence and miss it, he was about to do it yesterday but changed his mind and left it to Berra to deal with.

Maybe he will, maybe he won’t.  Berra and Souttar are possibly going to sell him a few shockers as well but I’m yet to see posts on this possibility.

Said it before.  I don’t care how good Doyle is, Zlamal has the gloves.

Edited by Gashauskis9

John Findlay

His dad played for Sparta Prague. Had a comb over like Bobby Charlton and was nicknamed so. Despite having hair our keeper is keeping the nickname Bobby going because of his dad. Boby Zlamal it is.

letsalldothebeattie

He looks a decent keeper. A good replacement for Big Jon. Hardly had much to do in the 2 home games I’ve seen him so time will tell 

Looks like he can produce some magical saves. It's too early to tell if he will be the calming, consistent presence that JM was though.

rudi must stay
3 minutes ago, Homme said:

Looks like he can produce some magical saves. It's too early to tell if he will be the calming, consistent presence that JM was though.

He's not calm but he has a presense. Reminds me abit of Niemi

He did have a few fantastic saves. Looks like a bit of a happy daftie. I think he will do well and become a fans fav.

Big personality but when he is called upon he looks the biz.

17 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Assured.  Was still shouting at the defence in injury time.  Boy’s a winner.

Total headcase though.  Some interesting warm up rituals ???

Was this the boy who broke the goal post at a former club? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I think he may like to play for the cameras, but made some decent stops yesterday and dominated the box more than once. Comms with Christophe a very slight concern on a couple of occasions.

I thought Doyle coming in might trump him, but well covered it would seem there too. I'm looking for a negative, I still think it is wide areas, though the lads playing left and right did very well, we need to get them covered. Mulraney is not the standard at the moment, he would have to improve. No idea how Edwards is going to find a way in.

tartofmidlothian
18 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Was this the boy who broke the goal post at a former club? 

That's the one.

After he palmed the ball into the middle of the box Berra gave him a look that needed no translation, remember when Harry said he'd taken the shot for our opener against Celtic because Berra had bitten his head off for not taking an earlier chance. I love the fact our captain demands everything from his team and leads by example. Zlamal made at least 3 very good saves yesterday,  two in quick succession in the first half and a good stop low to his right from a free kick in the second half. Distribution was good as well, just need to see how he gets on against better opposition. 

Reminds me a little bit like Bruce Grobbelar. He’s got that but crazy streak in him but confident and commanding I would say. First home game a big test so hopefully he shows what he can do as I’m sure he’ll be a lot busier that day. Some good reaction saves and quite agile for a big fella. I’ve forgot about our keeper from last year already.