Tynecastle year help

Morgan

queensferryjambo
On ‎15‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 13:12, Morgan said:

67C16179-361D-44F6-BFE9-6FEC5D916A9B.jpeg

Looking at this great picture above from Morgan I would presume the white wall to the right is one of the 2 entrance tunnels to the terrace you can see in this photo below. Judging by the picture below and the alignment to the building behind it is more than likely the one furthest from the Wheatfield side so that gives you an idea of how much terrace was left and how much was removed.

Hearts1.bmp

3 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Looking at this great picture above from Morgan I would presume the white wall to the right is one of the 2 entrance tunnels to the terrace you can see in this photo below. Judging by the picture below and the alignment to the building behind it is more than likely the one furthest from the Wheatfield side so that gives you an idea of how much terrace was left and how much was removed.

Hearts1.bmp

I’d say that is definitely the same white wall.

That’s a great picture of the shed you’ve put on there by the way. If I could just see the big REFRESHMENTS board I’d be in heaven!

Hackney Hearts

imageproxy_php.jpeg.9d807913f19d535e5f03989fba01c6a4.jpeg

This is how the Gorgie Road end looked between 94 and 97, and you can see the reduced size on the Wheatfield side.

Genuinely had in mind that it was 93. 

Was the terracing knocked down in 93? I could’ve sworn those survival games were the year I left school. 

Memory all to **** here. 

Unknown user
38 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Hearts1.bmp

Well done, you're spot on

queensferryjambo
30 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

This is how the Gorgie Road end looked between 94 and 97, and you can see the reduced size on the Wheatfield side.

Great picture and you can see the entrance and what was added after construction. Thanks.

heartsfc_fan
42 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Can barely remember it when it was like that. What was the capacity when it was like this?

Hackney Hearts
4 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Can barely remember it when it was like that. What was the capacity when it was like this?

In 94/95 it would have been about 12,700 

When the Roseburn was opened - Sep 95 - that would have taken it up to around 16,300 (our highest crowd was 15,871)

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, MrB1to4 said:

Out of curiosity, why didn't you just google it?

Interacting sort, me.

Unknown user
On 16/07/2018 at 19:09, queensferryjambo said:

Hearts1.bmp

On 16/07/2018 at 19:37, Hackney Hearts said:

Not only the terrace, you can see in these photos how much of the main stand enclosure we lost as the pitch was moved over to accommodate the Wheatfield.