WC 2022

Bazzas right boot

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

I hope we don't qualify for this. Disaster waiting to happen. 

Sure the great British press said the same about Russia. 

absolute bollocks to that idea. Messing with tradition . Nothing surprises me anymore with footballs heiarchy though.

corrupt to the very core. Do anything for money

Edited by 1971fozzy

Escobar PHM

Corrupt brown envelope culture at FIFA is the only reason this tournament ended up in a climate totally unsuited for football and in a country with absolutely zero football history or culture. 

The only possible good that might come of it is that Scotland has an opportunity to switch to summer football. Whether the people in charge of our game can grasp that opportunity remains to be seen and is highly doubtful

John Findlay
2 minutes ago, benny said:

Another messed up tradition due to greed.

You have to wonder why the European leagues agreed to this.

Paid off?

Ministry MK2
7 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I hope we don't qualify for this. Disaster waiting to happen. 

I wouldn’t worry about it. 

Just now, John Findlay said:

Paid off?

Platini probably.

This affects Champions League and Domestic Leagues.

Good luck in working that out.

shaun.lawson

1. It'll be weird.

2. They'll love it here though (and I don't mean in Norwich)

3. If football and the football-watching public had any integrity at all, it really ought to be boycotted, but...

4. It doesn't, so there's no point getting all high and mighty about it.

5. England will be semi-finalists minimum. :thumbsup: 

5 minutes ago, benny said:

Platini probably.

This affects Champions League and Domestic Leagues.

Good luck in working that out.

This be interesting to see what happens with this.

hopefully a revolution is on the cards 

shaun.lawson
1 minute ago, James1874f said:

This be interesting to see what happens with this.

hopefully a revolution is on the cards 

Hopefully it isn't. The only possible revolution involves the biggest European clubs taking total control of the sport. If so, say goodbye to anything resembling football as we know it.

slashishere
9 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

1. It'll be weird.

2. They'll love it here though (and I don't mean in Norwich)

3. If football and the football-watching public had any integrity at all, it really ought to be boycotted, but...

4. It doesn't, so there's no point getting all high and mighty about it.

5. England will be semi-finalists minimum. :thumbsup: 

They won’t - but at least they’ll qualify ?

2 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Hopefully it isn't. The only possible revolution involves the biggest European clubs taking total control of the sport. If so, say goodbye to anything resembling football as we know it.

Good let them all play together and take smelltic with them footballs already dead the champions league has seen to that

Maroon Sailor

Brilliant, now we'll be freezing our nads off at Glezgae airport when it comes home

His name is
24 minutes ago, EH11 said:

And brazil and South Africa 

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

No

Jesus

Now they'll have an excuse of having to get back to do the Christmas shopping when Tuvalu put them to the sword 

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Jesus

Now they'll have an excuse of having to get back to do the Christmas shopping when Tuvalu put them to the sword 

No problem, they’ll be home in time to hang up their advent calendars :rofl:

Turmoil ahead around the world as associations work out how to organise this. Could see the finals themselves being similarly chaotic.

I have to say that, despite my misgivings, Russia appears to have done very well with organising the 2018 WC (as far as the last two games anyway).

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Boab said:

They probably needed trucks to take those envelopes home !

Definitely. 

****ing joke. 

Are they not against drinking, flesh on show, gays. Women etc as well? 

Workers are dieing building the stadium, and to top it off it's too hot to play the ****ing thing at the normal time. 

Playing the thing on Saturn would have made more sense. 

:jj_facepalm:

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

Bazzas right boot

At least the men's Wimbledon final is safe from a reschedule...... 

22 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Turmoil ahead around the world as associations work out how to organise this. Could see the finals themselves being similarly chaotic.

I have to say that, despite my misgivings, Russia appears to have done very well with organising the 2018 WC (as far as the last two games anyway).

I'm not a fan of this WC in the slightest, making a mockery of the tournament, but I don't think there will be turmoil domestically. with a lot of countries having some and a lot with a few players away.

Think about it, why would whole leagues have to shut down because 23 players are away.

Look at Belgium for example, 10 players who started against France, play in England.

In a strange way, it's the big money leagues which could have the biggest disruption.

Karmaesque !

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, EH11 said:

Almost was a disaster, England were two games from winning it. 

Brighton Jambo

If I were one of the unsuccessful bidders I would sue he shit out of FIFA.  The bid spec is for a summer tournament. Qatar wins it and then says whoops sorry it’s too hot we need to do it in winter. The bid should have been declared void immediately.  It’s corruption on a breathtaking scale

5 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

If I were one of the unsuccessful bidders I would sue he shit out of FIFA.  The bid spec is for a summer tournament. Qatar wins it and then says whoops sorry it’s too hot we need to do it in winter. The bid should have been declared void immediately.  It’s corruption on a breathtaking scale

The Qatar FA obviously learnt from the SFA

21 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Definitely. 

****ing joke. 

Workers are dieing building the stadium, and to top it off it's too hot to play the ****ing thing at the normal time. 

Mars WC 2038!

Make it so :lol:

Edited by tian447
38 not 36!

Alex Kintner
25 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Definitely. 

****ing joke. 

ITV frantically searching for a new panel when they realise they’re not allowed to show tits on TV.

Edited by Frank1874

MacDonald Jardine
23 minutes ago, Boab said:

I'm not a fan of this WC in the slightest, making a mockery of the tournament, but I don't think there will be turmoil domestically. with a lot of countries having some and a lot with a few players away.

Think about it, why would whole leagues have to shut down because 23 players are away.

Look at Belgium for example, 10 players who started against France, play in England.

In a strange way, it's the big money leagues which could have the biggest disruption.

Karmaesque !

I don't think that would be the case at all.

You'll have some countries with a lot of players away and some with a few.

The Premier League springs to mind.

portobellojambo1
8 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

The African Nations cup (or whatever the correct name of it is) is played around January and February and a number of players travel to represent their countries for the duration. But I'd imagine it will be more difficult for many clubs to consider giving up players for the duration of the World Cup where it can potentially be more than a couple of top players travelling from any one club. For some countries in Europe especially though, it may not actually have a huge impact if their geographical location means they tend to close down in December/January for Winter. I was reading something online earlier this evening where a journalist was saying he thinks it will be a huge success just because of the size of Qatar (with the two most distant ground from each other only being 80/90 miles apart). He was suggesting that all the visiting fans could stay in the same location, and I'm not sure if that is a bright idea or not.

Just now, MacDonald Jardine said:

I don't think that would be the case at all.

You'll have some countries with a lot of players away and some with a few.

The Premier League springs to mind.

That's what i've just said, mate. Read my post again.

Say we don't qualify......how many players playing in Scotland were at the WC this year ? Two ?

On a side note the Middle East isn’t exactly the most stable and who knows what it will be like in 4 years. Lots of ups and downs for this WC ahead me thinks