• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1971fozzy

• Morgan

• graygo

• Bazzas right boot

Just now, Lucille's Thirsty said:

Agree myself. That’s me being optimistic in the post above. Top 3 will be as you can imagine and even Hibs will be a pain could finish above or below them. I ain’t expecting Killie to be a problem.

I think we are a good squad and deeper than for a admin. However i think we lack a few pieces and with a full rebuild it’ll be a better season but not quite what we all want yet. Think Aberdeen , Hibs , Killie , Motherwell and ourselves are all potential 3-7 

Rangers are poor here so in cohesive 

The Macedonians arent a push over. Clever players too

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

Agree myself. That’s me being optimistic in the post above. Top 3 will be as you can imagine and even Hibs will be a pain could finish above or below them. I ain’t expecting Killie to be a problem.

Having looked at Aberdeen and Rangers team sheets, they are nothing to be scared off. 

Be a challenge to get above them, but we'll be closer and it's not impossible. 

Just hope Craig is taking notes! 

:berra:

Lucille's Thirsty
Just now, sadj said:

I think we are a good squad and deeper than for a admin. However i think we lack a few pieces and with a full rebuild it’ll be a better season but not quite what we all want yet. Think Aberdeen , Hibs , Killie , Motherwell and ourselves are all potential 3-7 

Add in new players need time to gel which could be immediate but realisticly will take time.

7 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

I think getting in Europe next season will be tough IMO. As long as we challenge for it and maybe a cup run. That would suffice IMO.

Finishing 4th would mean Europe,  we are more than capable of achieving that I think.  Something much better than last has to be the target.  Hibs playing in Europe while us not there gets my goat though. 

Lucille's Thirsty
1 minute ago, Juanjo15 said:

Finishing 4th would mean Europe,  we are more than capable of achieving that I think.  Something much better than last has to be the target.  Hibs playing in Europe while us not there gets my goat though. 

Y?

Hibs are on a crest of a wave from their championship season. We had the exact same thing happen to us. Came up first attempt though and finished 3rd. Then Cathro happened.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

It's Europe or bust for me. Neilson would have had us comfortably in there two seasons on the trot. If Levein can't do it this season it's bye bye. No exceptions.

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

No, not at all.  They are going to Greece in the summer and we aren’t.  Take note Levein and make sure it’s not the case again.  As I’m pretty much sure trying to make sure isn’t the case!

Its no bother either, you’re not an aggressive simpleton that wanted them to win the cup qualifying for Europe last time. 

Aye, because CL won't already have the ambition of finishing higher in the league. 

Take note... 

:jj_facepalm:

Y?

Hibs are on a crest of a wave from their championship season. We had the exact same thing happen to us. Came up first attempt though and finished 3rd. Then Cathro happened.

Because European nights are the best nights ever since my first against Bologna and watching the old video of how close we came against Bayern on the season review video.  The smell of the air in Gorgie on European nights is what got me into football. 

William H. Bonney

Regardless of the opponents it's a competitive match and a good result for hibs. 

Looks a bit nervous at ibrox however. 

Cruyff Turn
3 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Regardless of the opponents it's a competitive match and a good result for hibs. 

Looks a bit nervous at ibrox however. 

It is, what any club would want in a first leg. I

hopefully the Macedonia team nick an away goal. 

The number 15 for Shkupi looks a decent prospect at 19 years of age and an international for his country

Left sided full back/midfielder Owono Nchamaaa

Edited by CJGJ

...a bit disco

Swanson needs to go back to St. Johnstone.

He's utter pish in the green and white shiterags.

Jambof3tornado
9 minutes ago, jamdunc said:

Ibrox pitch falling apart

2 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Ibrox pitch falling apart.

I mentioned this in the megathread. Fans on bears den were saying how poor the pitch was during the friendly.

Dallas Green
Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

I mentioned this in the megathread. Fans on bears den were saying how poor the pitch was during the friendly.

Wonder if it's recently been laid. Looks green enough but seems to dig up.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
5 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Wonder if it's recently been laid. Looks green enough but seems to dig up.

Wonder if it'll get the criticism that the Tynecastle pitch did last season? 

(That's a rhetorical question....).

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
Just now, HughJarsole said:

Not been impressed with rangers at all - no danger they will be competing with Celtic this season 

Billy Doods wasn't really overly impressed with the new defenders.  Did you feel the same?

brunoatemyhamster

They needed that penalty. Lucky bar stewards. Scoopy could have got something if they had a wee bit bottle. 2 0 tie is over

1 minute ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

Wonder if it'll get the criticism that the Tynecastle pitch did last season? 

(That's a rhetorical question....).

Could mean Rangers come to Tynecastle three times this season though :whistling:

HughJarsole
1 minute ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

Billy Doods wasn't really overly impressed with the new defenders.  Did you feel the same?

Yeah totally 100%, totally agree yeah 

36 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

It's Europe or bust for me. Neilson would have had us comfortably in there two seasons on the trot. If Levein can't do it this season it's bye bye. No exceptions.

Thats subjective as you know I felt we were regressing , I think we’d of struggled for Europe but been way closer than IC had us.

Captain Canada

Hate to say it, and I know the opposition wasn't great tonight, but Kamberi could end up making them a lot of cash. 

Edited by Captain Canada

5 minutes ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

Yup Not impressed at all , they did ok but didn’t look ballers. 

Walked to the shops earlier and I saw the Hibs "ultras" and their "crew" banging their drum in public shouting that cringeworthy "Alle Oh" noise. I absolute shit you not they looked about 12 and were playing with a wind-up toy car (the kind where you pull it back and it goes forward when you let you).

Brighton Jambo

I didn’t see the game and I’m sure the opposition were pish but that’s an ominous (see what I did there) result from Hibs.  Confidence will be flowing for them.  

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
24 minutes ago, sadj said:

Thats subjective as you know I felt we were regressing , I think we’d of struggled for Europe but been way closer than IC had us.

I honestly thought we were starting to look good just before Neilson left. Lots of under-performer's starting to come on to a game, Muirhead Johnson ect. 

The less spoke about IC the better. :)

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

I honestly thought we were starting to look good just before Neilson left. Lots of under-performer's starting to come on to a game, Muirhead Johnson ect. 

The less spoke about IC the better. :)

Even though results were ok I was starting to completely lose interest just before Neilson left, even sitting on a comfy couch in the house I was so bored I'd stopped watching games till the end.

34 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

Hate to say it, and I know the opposition wasn't great tonight, but Kamberi could end up making them a lot of cash. 

I half watched a stream and thought he was immense.  Rubbish opposition mind,

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
9 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Even though results were ok I was starting to completely lose interest just before Neilson left, even sitting on a comfy couch in the house I was so bored I'd stopped watching games till the end.

Away games were mostly brutal. I enjoyed most of our home ones though. Made some Premiership teams look like Sunday league standard. Similar to Levein although Neilson is young so I think he can change.

Edited by Bring Back Paulo Sergio

expected the vermin to pump that side and they did so no surprise. 

Sevco will likely get through easily enough now unfortunately but mustn’t make it to the group stages (which I doubt they will). Last thing we want is them to make a lot of money

Edited by 1971fozzy

Stephen Muddie

My own view is I'm happy to see Scottish teams beat who they should be beating in Europe home and away. Ideally all three Europa representatives get to play-off round and no further, perhaps if anyone, Aberdeen getting to league stage would be okay and torn between Celtic getting put out at last qualifying hurdle and losing cash or seeing them in the CL groups. Having them and Aberdeen squads stretched with many fixtures may help ourselves as well as the coefficient.

It's been the week from hell for me in terms of results.  Not a single one went the way I hoped.

Trust this is getting rid of the bad all in one hit and its going to be play sailing from now till May.

How on earth did we manage a Hearts 0 against Queen of the South.  That is deeply disturbing.

8 hours ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Going by English law, doesn't this mean Hibs are going to win the whole thing? 

Very good point, the EEN will be largeing them up to be EL winners as you were typing your post.:jj_facepalm:

Due to family connections I found myself at Ibrox last night and they where awful. They are nowhere near where they want to be or think they are. McRorie, Windass, Morelos, Tav, Katic, Murphy and Candias where all embarrassingly poor. The crowd never stuck with them at all, tav and windass got dogs abuse all night with windass getting ironically cheered off the park and booed by some. Penalty was soft at the end and has saved them what should be embarrassment like progres. They need at least another 6 signings of high quality to get near Celtic and ahead of Aberdeen and Hibs. Also, how they don’t get fined or sanctioned for their singing of bigotry is a joke. Non stop for 90 minutes. Don’t know if it came over on the TV as well but when one of their new boys came on he blessed himself that was met with all the grace you’d imagine. Gerrard done nothing to effect the game tactically. From 25 minutes in you could see rangers didn’t have enough to get past this side and he done nothing other than stand with his hands in his pockets. Can’t see him lasting the full year.