Gary Locke Testimonial match v Stoke - July 23 ( Gorgie Club open )

icyellow69

6 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Over the last 40 years these are the Testimonials (I think) that have been granted Hearts players. Pretty rare occurrence though a glut in the 90's. Craig Gordon will get one I'd imagine though of course the financial benefit is irrelevant to him. 

15/5/84  Alex MacDonald v Rangers  17,853

18/10/87  Walter Kidd v Everton  8171

26/9/89  Eammon Bannon v Man Utd  9001 

13/5/91  Gary Mackay v Everton  5575

27/7/92  John Robertson v Newcastle  11,105

2/8/93  Henry Smith v Everton  9213

8/10/95  Craig Levein v Coventry  2711

18/3/96  Neil Berry v Lyon  6221

12/10/97 Craig Levein v Hibs  8057

26/7/97  Dave McPherson v Rangers  7892

11/5/08  Robbie Neilson v Hearts Select  7000

Did Levein get his 2nd testimonial because the turnout was so 💩  for the 1st? I was at both games. Got pumped off Coventry with Dion Dublin scoring a hat trick. Pretty sure David hagen scored for us.

2nd game I remember John Leslie in goals for hibs and pulling off a few decent saves.

The neil Berry game. All I remember from that was the pink tartan strip and Berry being taken off injured.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Elmore

• Jambo 4 Ever

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• John Findlay

John Findlay
39 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Only one I've been at was Willie Bauld's.  1893 I rhink.

1893!!!. How auld are you?

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

1893!!!. How auld are you?

I lost count at 119 but I agree with you about the drummer.  Never had the mistfortune to have to listen to that but do you remember the vuvuzela racket at the World Cup in Sourh Africa.  Ruined it for me and I was far from alone.

John Findlay
7 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I lost count at 119 but I agree with you about the drummer.  Never had the mistfortune to have to listen to that but do you remember the vuvuzela racket at the World Cup in Sourh Africa.  Ruined it for me and I was far from alone.

Unfortunately I remember yes.

Some Stoke fans seem very angry about the cost of streaming the game, £12. Calling for someone at the club to be sacked! To be fair others have told them to calm down. I don’t stream many games but I’m sure it’s never been much cheaper than that. Plus, it’s a testimonial so maybe that explains the pricing. Anyway, looking forward to getting back to Tynie.

11 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Whats the ticket sales looking like so far? I will be travelling from Ullapool and back tomorrow.  Got our tickets ages ago but at that point the sales looked awful. Hope it gets a good turn out. If anyone deserves a big attendance its Locke.

Hope there are a few surprises, Disappointed with it looking like a friendly game with A half time penalty p!ss around chucked in as a second thought being all that 20 years service deserves.

Not expecting a 90 min traditional testimonial with old pros and former teams. But I actually feel bad and pretty angry that's all he gets. 

Very little promotion or build up from the club trying to actually make any part of it about GL. We should have a gary locke day or week (that ties in with a weekend fixture).

Use the plaza,  kids face painting, music, food, photos and autographs stand, then a game between two squads Gary locke wants involved. I.e 98-2012 or cup select vs former team or a squad he coached or picks.

What a wasted opportunity to let a legend, coach, captain, manager, ambassador, tea lady, and legend who had the worst possible season and squad in his lifetime to use while begging to have a club to support the very next day. 

It's really hard to believe it's not just a first team friendly with a 10 min effortless p!ss about for Locke. 

No thought or respect has been shown by the pathetic attempt put into this.  

I feel guilty and sorry that I'm even attending or being there to contribute to the tragic effort put towards it being all about him to really do his involvement and commitment justice and enjoyment he truly deserves.  

Maybe I am wrong, or have a different perspective on it all? My personal opinion believes we owe him and his service so much more than a penalty kick cameo for a few minutes jammed into a game unrelated or connected with/for him? 

He should be thankful for what’s he’s getting. He’s no kicked a ball in 20 years and has since then probably picked up a good wage each month.

How many footballers are kept on the wage bill after they have hung up their boots? 

Yes he hearts daft so he’s getting paid well for a job he loves

SomethingAboutObua

Bought tickets last night, 'digital delivery' and then it came up on the screen saying they're being delivered to my home address? Anyone able to confirm if the tickets will actually come to my email? Quite annoyed there was also a £3 admin fee tacked on the end as well for it all 

Ricardo Quaresma
9 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Bought tickets last night, 'digital delivery' and then it came up on the screen saying they're being delivered to my home address? Anyone able to confirm if the tickets will actually come to my email? Quite annoyed there was also a £3 admin fee tacked on the end as well for it all 

Not sure you'll get a reply if you E-Mail them; you should have got them instantly

Ticket office, I assume  will be open

They can re-print, or send an E-ticket

51 minutes ago, theshed said:

He should be thankful for what’s he’s getting. He’s no kicked a ball in 20 years and has since then probably picked up a good wage each month.

How many footballers are kept on the wage bill after they have hung up their boots? 

Yes he hearts daft so he’s getting paid well for a job he loves

Somebody posted figures for other Hearts testimonial attendances. 

Locke's attendance is among the top and by the time match day tickets and PPV sales are added in only Robbo and Doddie (large Rangers support) have done better. 

1 hour ago, Jibbers said:

Some Stoke fans seem very angry about the cost of streaming the game, £12. Calling for someone at the club to be sacked! To be fair others have told them to calm down. I don’t stream many games but I’m sure it’s never been much cheaper than that. Plus, it’s a testimonial so maybe that explains the pricing. Anyway, looking forward to getting back to Tynie.

I think they have a point. £12 to steam a friendly is a bit steep. Preston was £5 through the week I think.

Pretty sure it was only a tenner during covid and no fans in stadiums.

heartsfc_fan

£12 is probably a weekly wage in Stoke

john thomas

Preston game £5 .

Maybe ppv is generally cheaper down south ?

I know I paid as much as £18 for diddy Scottish team last season 

27 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Did you get an email headed up  "Your Hearts FC Ticketfast and Digital ticket" 

If you did there is an attachment at the bottom of the email to let you print them at home.

3 minutes ago, jdl2002 said:

Is the game sold out? Hearts E-tickets is showing no ticket availability 

Surely they’ll open up more soon. I presume ticket office will be open soon as normal and that’s when it’ll happen.

6 minutes ago, chizinho21 said:

Surely they’ll open up more soon. I presume ticket office will be open soon as normal and that’s when it’ll happen.

Hope so 😊

20 minutes ago, jdl2002 said:

Is the game sold out? Hearts E-tickets is showing no ticket availability 

There's a new section open now mate.  Section Z.

Absolute Scenes
57 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Happened to me for the Crawly game, emailed the office and they emailed the tickets on instead

gorgieheart
41 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I take it you can pay at the gate for this one? 

Ticket office open till kick off

12 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Over the last 40 years these are the Testimonials (I think) that have been granted Hearts players. Pretty rare occurrence though a glut in the 90's. Craig Gordon will get one I'd imagine though of course the financial benefit is irrelevant to him. 

Does Levein v Hibs count as a testimonial? Always thought the testimonial was v Coventry and the Hibs game was a 'benefit match'.

loveofthegame
12 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Really interesting, thanks for posting. Lockey will definitely get above the average.

56 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I take it you can pay at the gate for this one? 

You need to get a ticket from the TO. Easier to order online and stick the digital ticket in your phone wallet - sorted.

Luckies1874
10 minutes ago, GC81 said:

Does Levein v Hibs count as a testimonial? Always thought the testimonial was v Coventry and the Hibs game was a 'benefit match'.

Think you may be correct about what it was officially called. 

Jambo in Bathgate
3 hours ago, Homme said:

I think they have a point. £12 to steam a friendly is a bit steep. Preston was £5 through the week I think.

Pretty sure it was only a tenner during covid and no fans in stadiums.

It’s a testimonial. Most of ticket price will go to Gary Locke’s fund. Not bad price and money going to great Hearts man. 

Just past a bunch of Stoke fans outside platform 5 with the St George Stoke flags. ****ing love seeing non SPL away fans enjoying the city. Hope they have a great day bar the result.

HHGH

Edited by i8hibsh

Fxxx the SPFL
18 minutes ago, the general said:

Looks like a few Stoke already in P5

Just passed a big group outside Malones no colours a few stone island older guys and a few youngsters not sure if they are Stoke 

been here before
33 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Just past a bunch of Stoke fans outside platform 5 with the St George Stoke flags. ****ing love seeing non SPL away fans enjoying the city. Hope they have a great day bar the result.

Did you ask them for directions to Tynecastle?

33 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

HHGH

:rofl:

Righto Pwincess.

Fxxx the SPFL
8 minutes ago, been here before said:

Did you ask them for directions to Tynecastle?

:rofl:

Righto Pwincess.

The bus window was closed couldn’t shout 

3 hours ago, tynie chris said:

Two sections of the gorgi end open almost sold out.

Managed to get one earlier in row X 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Edited by jdl2002

Shanks said no
1 hour ago, **** the SPFL said:

Just passed a big group outside Malones no colours a few stone island older guys and a few youngsters not sure if they are Stoke 

Son saw them going along Gardner's Crescent heading toward Fountainbridge about 30 minutes ago. The were asking a boy with a Man City top on if he liked bum fun (words to that effect). My boy hadn't seen a group like that since Green St

ScandinavianJambo

Happy Garry day! The man is Hearts through and though. Will never forget when he took myself and my wee daughter on an impromptu tour of Tyncastle (we had been to the Hearts shop). Cant upload the photo, but it was the highlight of both our day (year!). 

He is a gem of man, he truly is. 

Edited by ScandinavianJambo

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

:cornette:

Was Locke daza’s transfer news source or something?

Joking apart we used to have 2/3 poster on here who were definitely itk. 100% they had connections at the club

since those old regimes have been launched into orbit (not before time) those same posters seem to be bitter as ****..