Top Scorers At World Cup

skinnybob72

skinnybob72

Seems to be a few countries at the WC who are able to field their nation's top scorer of all time

Lewandowski - Poland

Ronaldo - Portugal

Messi - Argentina

Falcao - Colombia

Hernandez - Mexico

There may be a few more but those are the ones I know of.

Must help when you can call on the best scorer you have ever had, meanwhile we've been left to try to qualify for tournaments with the likes of Kenny Miller and Steven Fletcher! 

John Findlay

Two of them haven't scored and one won't as he is going home. The other may not score either and could also be going on a plane home to Barcelona.

skinnybob72
42 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Denis Law and Kenny Dalglish

This is what I was getting at - despite playing more internationals than ever our top scorers are from decades ago. 

50 minutes ago, skinnybob72 said:

This is what I was getting at - despite playing more internationals than ever our top scorers are from decades ago. 

And there is nobody even close to getting to their total of 30.  There isn't a current active member of the Scotland team who has hit double figures.  

Griffiths is the best Scottish striker by an absolute country mile. The general quality of strikers in the Scottish Premier League is fairly abysmal. 

Even last year you had boys like Scott MacDonald and Kenny Miller deciding matches well into their 30s. Kris Boyd at around 3 stone overweight and 34 years of age is the current top scorer ffs. 

I cannot remember a time when we had a genuine International class player who could decide games, let alone a good striker. All the little teams have one player who is brilliant....apart from us. They seemed to split up Yugoslavia and the Balkans by divvying up the decent players amongst themselves :laugh: Then you look at teams like Norn Irn/Iceland and they make up for the shit players by having heart and a game plan, two things we seem to miss. 

The Scotland football team are pure balls unfortunately. Strachan had them coming onto a game by the end (probably too late for most folk) and now we reap his sacking with Big Eck the ****ing dinosaur. Wooooooooooooo. 

Good to see Ronaldo grab the WC by the balls though, some lad. An absolute inspiration on every level. 

11 hours ago, RobNox said:

And there is nobody even close to getting to their total of 30.  There isn't a current active member of the Scotland team who has hit double figures.  

In the last friendly v Mexico there were ZERO goals in side. No one had scored for Scotland. And they didn't. 

As a nation we have not had a decent striker since fat Sally. Brutal does not even come close to the standard of striker in the past 2 decades.

skinnybob72
41 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Harold Kane isnae doing too badly like.

One of the reasons that England could easily overlook their top scorer of all time, i.e. Wayne Rooney. 

10 minutes ago, skinnybob72 said:

One of the reasons that England could easily overlook their top scorer of all time, i.e. Wayne Rooney. 

Correct :thumbsup: