McLaughlin signs for Sunderland ( updated )

Tenor

FarmerTweedy
On 23/06/2018 at 02:30, Peebo said:

Toronto is closer to Houston.

Correct! 

Off topic, but if you ever want to get an idea of the effect the gulf stream/north Atlantic drift have on our climate in Scotland, have a look at Edinburgh's latitude on a map, then look at the sorts of places that are on roughly the same latitude in North America and think about the sort of winters they get!

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Juanjo15

• Maroon Sailor

• SwindonJambo

hmfc_liam06
On 6/23/2018 at 11:21, portobellojambo1 said:

Probably makes more sense from a family point of view. I've read some things saying his wife would like to move back to the North Yorkshire area, and from that area to Sunderland is about a 40-50 mile drive up the A1. If he wants to move on we just have to accept it and move on as well.

You do realise he isn't our player and both parties have already moved on?

Just spoke with a Sunderland ST holder friend who said that he'd as good as signed, and also that they'd signed Ozturk!  They're also still in negotations with McGeoch (apparently the sticking point is on an increase to his wages if they get promoted).

14 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Ok comrade!

:rofl:

Yeh but he has a valid point 

still if your happy with doffing your cap and knowing your place, carry on.

2 year deal at Sunderland. On their website. IMO would have been as well staying at the famous?

36 minutes ago, Big Moysey said:

2 year deal at Sunderland. On their website. IMO would have been as well staying at the famous?

He'll be on loads more money.

alwaysthereinspirit
8 minutes ago, Darren said:

And not that far from the fashionable shopping areas of Newcastle and Hartlepool.

A win win for both him and his wife.

8 hours ago, Juanjo15 said:

Medical at Sunderland this afternoon.

Good luck to him. 

This has been completed now. 

15 minutes ago, Darren said:

Hope he doesn't put his back out carrying around his sack of cash as he'll need to be bending over to pick the ball out the net a lot at Sunderland.

52 minutes ago, Big Moysey said:

He will be the best goalie in his league on big money playing in front of a massive support.  It’s a fantastic move for him especially if there’s a wage increase when they go up. 

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Hope he doesn't put his back out carrying around his sack of cash as he'll need to be bending over to pick the ball out the net a lot at Sunderland.

In league 1? Would hardly think so. 

Just now, Juanjo15 said:

In league 1? Would hardly think so. 

We'll see. They are in league 1 for a reason.

Leaves Hearts for Sunderland because they can offer more money. 

Absolute sham that clubs in the diddy leagues can offer more money than a club like Hearts playing in the Premiership. 

Although the impression I got from McLaughlin was that he never had any intention of signing for Hearts even if we offered him 20k a week.

By the light

Don’t understand why people take the hump. He’s served his contract and moved on, most likely doubled his money. The club have moved on so everyone else should too. 

...a bit disco

DNi4eEbWsAA51py.jpg

49448f855a252741412aec5a9ae5a1a4.png

Sunderland-fans.jpg

Good luck Jon. Remember to get your shots up to date.

54 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

He will be the best goalie in his league on big money playing in front of a massive support.  It’s a fantastic move for him especially if there’s a wage increase when they go up. 

Perhaps, but I’m guessing he was at Hearts because he wasn’t the best in that league the year before last. Good luck to him though. 

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Yeh but he has a valid point 

still if your happy with doffing your cap and knowing your place, carry on.

WTF are you talking about?  He has no valid point. JM has a number of prospective employers to choose from and a large part of his decision will be based on the financial incentives each one is willing and able to offer. Loony rants about he and his wife getting ordinary jobs, etc, are just that... loony rants.  I've no idea who you think I'm doffing a cap to. You're obviously as loony as Comrade Peter!

We blundered by only giving him a short term deal when I’m guessing he’d have snapped our hands of for the security of a longer deal. I think we gambled on getting McGregor which is why we didn’t offer a longer deal.

So...are we allowed to call Sunderland a shit hole but not Azerbaijan? Personally i’d Jump at the chance to experience another culture such as the North East of England. Plus he’d be set up for life and so on and so forth.

stuckinsunderland
6 minutes ago, westbow said:

So...are we allowed to call Sunderland a shit hole but not Azerbaijan? Personally i’d Jump at the chance to experience another culture such as the North East of England. Plus he’d be set up for life and so on and so forth.

Go with Azerbaijan personally 

13 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

We blundered by only giving him a short term deal when I’m guessing he’d have snapped our hands of for the security of a longer deal. I think we gambled on getting McGregor which is why we didn’t offer a longer deal.

He would only sign a one year deal

14 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Loads of factual evidence here.

Someone earlier has said he would only sign a one year deal with us.

Just now, JamboAl said:

Loads of factual evidence here.

Someone earlier has said he would only sign a one year deal with us.

Never once said I being factual.

However....

i will I’ll give you one fact......you come across a cantankerous old git who offers nothing to this site. 

15 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

However....

i will I’ll give you one fact......you come across a cantankerous old git who offers nothing to this site. 

You said we blundered, wrong.    We did not blunder, FACT. 

Just now, XB52 said:

You said we blundered, wrong.    We did not blunder, FACT. 

Ok.....so I missed this absolute fact. I didn’t read or hear the club or JM himself confirm this.

if it is only facts that ever going to posted on here in future there will be a lot of people with a lot of time on their hands from now on.

...a bit disco
34 minutes ago, stuckinsunderland said:

Go with Azerbaijan personally 

:lol:

53 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Perhaps, but I’m guessing he was at Hearts because he wasn’t the best in that league the year before last. Good luck to him though. 

He was in the league above the year before last and the previous year he got player of the year at his club at a higher level too. Good luck none the less, done ya a great turn. 

Although it's a fortune to us normal folk, the new Sunderland chairman said the other day they wouldn't be paying more than £5k a week for players. So he certainly won't be getting more than he would have got in Azerbaijan and I don't imagine it's a massive amount more than he was getting here. Certainly won't be life changing for him going from us to Sunderland. 

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

We'll see. They are in league 1 for a reason.

Because they aren’t as good as the team in the league above? 

Just now, Martin said:

Although it's a fortune to us normal folk, the new Sunderland chairman said the other day they wouldn't be paying more than £5k a week for players. So he certainly won't be getting more than he would have got in Azerbaijan and I don't imagine it's a massive amount more than he was getting here. Certainly won't be life changing for him going from us to Sunderland. 

He will double his money if he goes up with them and it’s closer to home.  Massive incentive. 

To be fair, Sunderland have no business being in that league.

With the size of their fan base, stadium of 50k, money being in England provides, they should be in the EPL. 

It is down to bad management from board to touchline that they are where they are.

He has joined what is a huge club that has been run badly.

If they start doing it right he has made a terrific move.

4 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

He was in the league above the year before last and the previous year he got player of the year at his club at a higher level too. Good luck none the less, done ya a great turn. 

He did indeed. What you say makes it even more surprising we had him. 

1 hour ago, Shaggy2 said:

He wasnt plying his trade in the 3rd tier the year before last sooooo whats your point caller ?....

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

Can people stop posting shite like this. There was no blunder by Hearts.

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

However....

Oh dear.  You come across as someone who posts without substance - and that is a fact too.

chester copperpot

McGeoch and McLaughlin will both be excellent players for Sunderland, of that I have no doubt.

Jack Ross is a pretty astute coach that I rate highly.

Ozturk though :facepalm:

Free Alsatian in a pram and lifetime supply of blue drink as part of signing on fee. Hard to turn down Sunderland.

Good luck to the guy I suppose. Tough to replace.

Seymour M Hersh
9 hours ago, DH1986 said:

However....

Looks more opinion based than factual I'm afraid.

gashauskis9
11 hours ago, Juanjo15 said:

This.  Anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Was a good keeper for us but in a totally forgettable season so I doubt i’ll Remember much about him in 10 years time

9 hours ago, GavK1012 said:

He wasnt plying his trade in the 3rd tier the year before last sooooo whats your point caller ?....

Already answered but shows how much I know/care about English football. Not going to apologise because I didn’t know Burton Feckin Albion were in the 2nd tier!

Pish teams in a league’s third tier being able to help themselves to the best Scottish talent because of TV money is starting to really grind my gears. Something needs to be done. How is it done in other countries? You don’t see second or third tier teams in Germany, Spain, Italy etc plundering talent and ruining players.

Edited by Shaggy2