***World Cup 2018 - Brazil v Switzerland***

Cade

The last of today's games.

Brazil have had a remarkable turn-around since the 7-1 semi-final humiliation by the Germans last time out.

They won their group by 10 points, ending with a record of 12 wins, 5 draws and 1 loss, which was on the first match day away to Chile.

After being written off by many people after the 2014 World Cup, they're back as one of the favourites again.

Switzerland ended 2nd in their group, level on points with Portugal with a record of 9 wins and 1 loss, a 2-0 defeat by Portugal on the final day. 

That last day collapse seemed to affect them, as they struggled past Northern Ireland in the play-off, qualifying with a 1-0 aggregate score.

They never perform well in the finals, only getting as far as the knock-out stages in 2014 and out in the group stage in 2010.

Brazil should cruise this.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• shaun.lawson

• Bazzas right boot

• whodanny

Top Posters In This Topic

3fingersreid

I’m really enjoying your posts on these games Cade , thanks and keep up the good work ??

Harry Potter
16 minutes ago, Cade said:

The last of today's games.

Brazil have had a remarkable turn-around since the 7-1 semi-final humiliation by the Germans last time out.

They won their group by 10 points, ending with a record of 12 wins, 5 draws and 1 loss, which was on the first match day away to Chile.

After being written off by many people after the 2014 World Cup, they're back as one of the favourites again.

Switzerland ended 2nd in their group, level on points with Portugal with a record of 9 wins and 1 loss, a 2-0 defeat by Portugal on the final day. 

That last day collapse seemed to affect them, as they struggled past Northern Ireland in the play-off, qualifying with a 1-0 aggregate score.

They never perform well in the finals, only getting as far as the knock-out stages in 2014 and out in the group stage in 2010.

Brazil should cruise this.

Love watching Brazil and their fans :pleased: very passionate when it comes to football.

3-0 Brazil.

Are Switzerland the last team we have taken points from in the Euros and Brazil the last team we have got something from in the World Cup? 

Or or did we get something from the Norway game in 98?

gashauskis9
1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

Are Switzerland the last team we have taken points from in the Euros and Brazil the last team we have got something from in the World Cup? 

Or or did we get something from the Norway game in 98?

Drew with Norway 1-1

gashauskis9
1 hour ago, Dino Velvet said:

I think the Swiss will nick a point. 1-1. 

Yep, me too.  The Swiss always raise their game at tournaments.

2 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

I’m really enjoying your posts on these games Cade , thanks and keep up the good work ??

Seconded.

Great stuff Cade :clap: 

shaun.lawson

Brazil by 2 or maybe 3. This tournament is theirs to lose IMO.

@Jammy T: Scotland lost the opening game of France 98 2-1. But then, as Gashauskis said, drew with Norway (and should've beaten them).

Edited by shaun.lawson

After the Mexico/Germany this game will have to lift the excitement a tad.

Edited by Dannie Boy

As Gary Linekar just said "the wait is almost over".

He meant England but there is nothing like Brazil in the World Cup. 

rudi must stay
6 hours ago, Dino Velvet said:

I think the Swiss will nick a point. 1-1. 

2 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

Brazil by 2 or maybe 3. This tournament is theirs to lose IMO.

@Jammy T: Scotland lost the opening game of France 98 2-1. But then, as Gashauskis said, drew with Norway (and should've beaten them).

Let's see if they can scrap. If they can, definatly, alot of carnival players in the squad.

Don't expect Switzerland to do anything in this one. Not many dangermen for Brazil to worry about

almost time to see if finally one of the favourites can perform. so far france, germany, spain and portgual (you can count argentina as well if you want) have all been disappointing.

7 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Yip.

Marcelo might be a bit of an arse with the positional sense of a 7 year old but I love watching him play. He seems to actually enjoy himself and do whatever he feels like. 

1 minute ago, kila said:

****ing hate Neymar

Horrible, petulant wee nyaff. Can play a bit though.

2 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

How on earth does Paulinho get a start for Brazil? 

Because he fits into the system the manager likes and does a good job for them. 

Ibrahim Tall
Just now, Tazio said:

Because he fits into the system the manager likes and does a good job for them. 

Hes a very good player tbh. Had a very good season for Barcelona and was excellent for Brazil in the qualifiers, shite at Spurs but he’s not the first good player to flop in England.

Typical run of the mill goal for Brazil. I’m looking for better than this from them. Disappointing :jj:

Edited by Dannie Boy

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

That Brasil strip is magnificent. 

Too much like a minion colour for me lol 

John Findlay
3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

That Brasil strip is magnificent. 

Aye. So are some of the burds that wear it too:laugh:.

1 minute ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

Too much like a minion colour for me lol 

Image result for minion playing soccer

Does that throbber Tyledsley actually think the England squad are tuning into ITV that he's wishing them luck? :D

Alex Kintner
9 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Hes a very good player tbh. Had a very good season for Barcelona and was excellent for Brazil in the qualifiers, shite at Spurs but he’s not the first good player to flop in England.

Admittedly not seen much of him for Barca but watched him twice recently for Brazil and looks a yard slower in thought than his teammates. Much prefer Fernandinho.