Vladimir Weiss

pressgang22

pressgang22

So, based on the recent updates from the Artmedia chairman... Mr Weiss is having discussions with the Slovakian FA today and is apparently announcing to the media and his club what his plans are tomorrow. Obviously it would be an honour to manage the National Team, but the games are few and far between these days...especially for a 43 year old who's been used to regular club management for what must be years now. I would be very happy if he became Hearts manager and still dont think we should rule out his arrival this coming week. Is anyone else as optimistic as me on this?

Guest jambomickey

don't think he be coming to tynecastle mate but it be positive if he did. wish we could start getting positive action for a change

Malcolm Tucker
I want a British Manager who knows the Scottish game..

I want a burd who's a model and a million pounds in the bank.

Some things just aren't gonna happen.

Greedy_Jambo

I'm so tired of this hearts regime, It actually makes me tired just thinking about vlad and his idiots. We should of had a manager weeks ago but we don't because vlad is a nutcase. I understand that we shouldn't rush in and make sure we get the right man.. but c'mon, this is becoming a joke and after all this time we'll probably end up with vlads cousin as manager.

skotskosparta

Weiss has stated on Slovak news that he is not leaving Slovakia to manage, reasons he turned down a move to Scotland was the assurances and not the right time to move his family, think that tells it's own story.

Jam Tarts 1874
So, based on the recent updates from the Artmedia chairman... Mr Weiss is having discussions with the Slovakian FA today and is apparently announcing to the media and his club what his plans are tomorrow. Obviously it would be an honour to manage the National Team, but the games are few and far between these days...especially for a 43 year old who's been used to regular club management for what must be years now. I would be very happy if he became Hearts manager and still dont think we should rule out his arrival this coming week. Is anyone else as optimistic as me on this?

Difficult to know what is in Weiss' mind. He is quoted as having said all the usual stuff about how great it would be to manage Hearts etc and yet he still wants to speak to the Slovakian FA.

I hope you are right about Weiss. National team management can be a graveyard and he may still have ambitions to achieve something with a bigger club than Artmedia. He will know that his stock is relatively high now, if he doesn't make a move to a bigger league now he might not get another chance.

Sometimes it can all just come down to money, surely Hearts will offer more than the Slovakian FA?

Then again, this is all assuming that Romanov has not lost patience with Weiss and already booted him.

Sheriff Fatman
I want a British Manager who knows the Scottish game..

Yeah, like we need a guy who knows how to take a team from a second rate league to the group stages of the Champions League. Oh wait, what do you mean that would be an improvement on anything Hearts have accomplished in the last 20 years, from our own second rate league.

Guest JamboRobbo
Weiss has stated on Slovak news that he is not leaving Slovakia to manage, reasons he turned down a move to Scotland was the assurances and not the right time to move his family, think that tells it's own story.

what assurances?

Gigolo-Aunt
what assurances?

Back to the drawing board it would seem, mate.

Not that bothered about Weiss, although the assurances part does not sound that promising (if indeed it is team selection)

skotskosparta
what assurances?

Never stated, but I don't think it is too difficult to work out!!

Guest JamboRobbo
Like you don't think you know.

Yes I think we can all take a guess but I was trying to found out what Weiss has said. Doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

Guest JamboRobbo
Back to the drawing board it would seem, mate.

Not that bothered about Weiss, although the assurances part does not sound that promising (if indeed it is team selection)

Mmm. Oh well, I was pretty much expecting Weiss to turn us down I think had he being going to take it, he'd have done so before now.

Next!

Guest JamboRobbo
Never stated, but I don't think it is too difficult to work out!!

Well I could take a guess.

Greedy_Jambo
Yeah, like we need a guy who knows how to take a team from a second rate league to the group stages of the Champions League. Oh wait, what do you mean that would be an improvement on anything Hearts have accomplished in the last 20 years, from our own second rate league.

I think the the spl is slightly better than the slovakian league m8. Although if Hearts were in the slovakian league at the moment we'd probably be heading for relegation. Thats all down to mad vlad and his sewing machines.

Sheriff Fatman
Yes I think we can all take a guess but I was trying to found out what Weiss has said. Doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

Not unreasonable at all, but what would be the point. Nobody on here takes the slightest notice of what anybody says actually connected with any of the discussions between Hearts and prospective managers says. They just make up what they want and think everybody else will think that they are clever for' seeing between the lines'.

Sheriff Fatman
I think the the spl is slightly better than the slovakian league m8. Although if Hearts were in the slovakian league at the moment we'd probably be heading for relegation. Thats all down to mad vlad and his sewing machines.

I'm sorry to bust a ballon or two, but apart from the Old Firm, the SPL is distinctly third rate as leagues go.

Rick Grimes
I want a burd who's a million pounds and a model of a bank.

more realistic?

skotskosparta
So now a Hobo wind up merchants word is taken as gospel on here?

large_rsc_mtcarmel_111007.jpg

What rather than a Jambo wind up merchant?

Put your toys back in the pram fella, I am providing guys on here with the information I saw on the sports news tonight, whether you believe that or not that is up to you and the others!!

Mmm. Oh well, I was pretty much expecting Weiss to turn us down I think had he being going to take it, he'd have done so before now.

Next!

You and I sing from the same hymn-sheet and those are my thoughts, exactly.

I fear Frail being foisted upon us for the foreseeable.

Greedy_Jambo
I'm sorry to bust a ballon or two, but apart from the Old Firm, the SPL is distinctly third rate as leagues go.

aye, but its getting better, look at what at what motherwell and dundee utd have done in the last couple of seasons and we were up there with george burley untill crazy old vlad started acting crazy. who are the two top teams in the slovakian league? and how to they match up to rangers and celtic?

Dirk Diggler
What rather than a Jambo wind up merchant?

Put your toys back in the pram fella, I am providing guys on here with the information I saw on the sports news tonight, whether you believe that or not that is up to you and the others!!

No toys out of any pram.

You are a Hibs fan on a Hearts fans website, I can think of no other reason for you to be here other than to wind people up. Whether you are doing that in this instance I don't know.

I guess we'll read all about it tomorrow.

skotskosparta
No toys out of any pram.

You are a Hibs fan on a Hearts fans website, I can think of no other reason for you to be here other than to wind people up. Whether you are doing that in this instance I don't know.

I guess we'll read all about it tomorrow.

I guess you will, then you will see I was not at the wind up, but if I was at the wind up then surely I would have been punted a long time ago??

Dirk Diggler
I guess you will, then you will see i was not at the wind up!!

I'll remember to apologise.

Greedy_Jambo

Frail doesn't have the experience, as much as i like the man, i don't want him as hearts manager. maybe assistant manager to someone thats been there and done it.

Dirk Diggler
but if I was at the wind up then surely I would have been punted a long time ago??

You would think so.

what assurances?

Assurances that you'll not come on here and moan about him.

I wonder if this is a bit premature. Was the meeting with Artemedia not meant to be tomorrow?

Surrey Jambo
I guess you will, then you will see I was not at the wind up, but if I was at the wind up then surely I would have been punted a long time ago??

Skotso is an expat who IIRC was very helpful info-wise when we played in Prague and was also IIRC the original source of the http://www.newsnow.link. I think he deserves a bit better for simply passing on info from a source inaccessible to most Jambos due to the language barrier.

Assurances that you'll not come on here and moan about him.

I wonder if this is a bit premature. Was the meeting with Artemedia not meant to be tomorrow?

if he has decided not to take the hearts job for the reasons mentioned then i would have thought the date of his meeting with Artmedia/Slovak NT is pretty irrelevant.

Sheriff Fatman
aye, but its getting better, look at what at what motherwell and dundee utd have done in the last couple of seasons and we were up there with george burley untill crazy old vlad started acting crazy. who are the two top teams in the slovakian league? and how to they match up to rangers and celtic?

The other teams have not got that much better, the old firm have got worse.

The rest are still poor.

Dirk Diggler
Skotso is an expat who IIRC was very helpful info-wise when we played in Prague and was also IIRC the original source of the http://www.newsnow.link. I think he deserves a bit better for simply passing on info from a source inaccessible to most Jambos due to the language barrier.

I don't.

The other teams have not got that much better, the old firm have got worse.

The rest are still poor.

Is the whole of europe getting worse also ? As the OF are performing very well in the champions league/UEFA cup.

Sheriff Fatman
Is the whole of europe getting worse also ? As the OF are performing very well in the champions league/UEFA cup.

The UEFA cup has got easier to progress in over the last 10 years especially with the league stage, Rangers got through by not losing matches, not by winning many. Aberdeen did quite well too, but they were god awful for much of the domestic season.

The UEFA cup has got easier to progress in over the last 10 years especially with the league stage, Rangers got through by not losing matches, not by winning many. Aberdeen did quite well too, but they were god awful for much of the domestic season.

Still performing well when you consider the size and the amount of money in our league. Just think we are to quick to knock our own league when in reality i think we do pretty well.

Sheriff Fatman
Still performing well when you consider the size and the amount of money in our league. Just think we are to quick to knock our own league when in reality i think we do pretty well.

Our record, outside of the Old Firm, is awful. Until we can get other teams to regularly get to the group stages, or even beyond, we have no right to slag other leagues records and we will remain a third rate league.

Our record, outside of the Old Firm, is awful. Until we can get other teams to regularly get to the group stages, or even beyond, we have no right to slag other leagues records and we will remain a third rate league.

You can't take the top teams out of a league when comparing them with others. How would the premiership's record look if you took out the top 4 ? same in Italy or Spain. Our league must be judged as a whole and i think we do ok.

portobellojambo1
what assurances?

I would guess the same assurances any other manager offered the job will want, i.e. that there will be no interference/offerings/suggestions (call it what you will) from the owner, and that the manager will get to operate as any manager at any club would expect to operate (truth is it ain't going to happen).

Don't think skotskosparta has any reason to make up what he has posted, suspect he is actually just confirming what we probably all suspected would be the outcome, and presumably this will be communicated to us via Hearts tomorrow (although might be worded to suggest Hearts have dropped their interest in him rather than vice versa). If I were Slovakian and had the chance to continue with the club I was at, plus take the national side, or flog my house, move the family to Edinburgh, get told what to do by a clueless owner and get fired a few months later I don't think I would find it a difficult decision to make.

I would guess the same assurances any other manager offered the job will want, i.e. that there will be no interference/offerings/suggestions (call it what you will) from the owner, and that the manager will get to operate as any manager at any club would expect to operate (truth is it ain't going to happen).

Don't think skotskosparta has any reason to make up what he has posted, suspect he is actually just confirming what we probably all suspected would be the outcome, and presumably this will be communicated to us via Hearts tomorrow (although might be worded to suggest Hearts have dropped their interest in him rather than vice versa). If I were Slovakian and had the chance to continue with the club I was at, plus take the national side, or flog my house, move the family to Edinburgh, get told what to do by a clueless owner and get fired a few months later I don't think I would find it a difficult decision to make.

If any of this is true then the club have a huge problem. If a manager is going to publicly refuse the job due to not getting assurances over teams issues then VR might as well get the tracksuit on.

Sheriff Fatman
You can't take the top teams out of a league when comparing them with others. How would the premiership's record look if you took out the top 4 ? same in Italy or Spain. Our league must be judged as a whole and i think we do ok.

Still a hell of a lot better than ours. Their other teams regularly do get into and beyond the group stages.

Toxteth O'Grady

Hearts should have pulled the plug on this deal early last week,It was clear the guy wasn't keen.

It's probably been another wasted week:banghead2:

jamboinglasgow
Hearts should have pulled the plug on this deal early last week,It was clear the guy wasn't keen.

It's probably been another wasted week:banghead2:

how do you know that, they may of started work on another shortlist earlier on in the week and talking to candidates as we speak, think that would of happened with Weiss and Thor if the record hadn't got a hand on the story.

how do you know that, they may of started work on another shortlist earlier on in the week and talking to candidates as we speak, think that would of happened with Weiss and Thor if the record hadn't got a hand on the story.

I'm half expecting coming on here tommorrow to see another new name leaked to the press.

We can then have another five 10 page threads debating the merits or otherwise of the next candidate, finally convince ourselves that at least it's a manager who'll have entire control over footballing matters only to find out that he's decided to manage Whitehill Welfare instead cos they've offered him a free Victor Paris bathroom.

I think I need a holiday from this farce:confused:

jamboinglasgow
I'm half expecting coming on here tommorrow to see another new name leaked to the press.

We can then have another five 10 page threads debating the merits or otherwise of the next candidate, finally convince ourselves that at least it's a manager who'll have entire control over footballing matters only to find out that he's decided to manage Whitehill Welfare instead cos they've offered him a free Victor Paris bathroom.

I think I need a holiday from this farce:confused:

yeah, think the McGhee saga on kickback has been the biggest rollercoaster of emotions for me on kickback. Going from - we're may be going for him - we are going for him - he may resign - he is going on the plane - wtf is the motherwell statement about - we dont have him.

Archived