Robbie Neilson

Selkirkhmfc1874

He can still be a successful manager. He's still young.

As long as he learns from his mistakes but the next job will be important though. 

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Governor Tarkin

• Mars plastic

• Juanjo15

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

mellors1874
10 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

So, that makes him shite? 

What does that mean - found out down south? 

Think only 2 managers in my lifetime haven't been found out down south. 

****ing stupid statement. 

clearly u like neilson and that's your opinion but to me he will always be:

a hearts manager who lost to a team from Malta 

who only won 9 away matches in two years in the premiership 

overseen a hearts team throw away a two goal lead in a cup tie vs hibs 

who only secured one win vs hibs in 6 derbys 

didn't get hearts to even a quarter final of any of the two cup competitions in 3 seasons.

Edited by mellors1874

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

clearly u like neilson and that's your opinion but to me he will also

ways be:

a hearts manager who lost to a team from Malta 

who only won 9 away matches in two years in the premiership 

overseen a hearts team throw away a two goal lead in a cup tie vs hibs 

who only secured one win vs hibs in 6 derbys 

didn't get hearts to even a quarter final of any of the two cup competitions in 3 seasons.

Ofc I "like" him he's spent about 13 years with us. 

Great stuff tho, to me he's 

A sc winner

Player of ten years

Burst the championship

Got us back to where we should be. 

In short, a PHM. 

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

Governor Tarkin
12 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

So, that makes him shite? 

What does that mean - found out down south? 

Think only 2 managers in my lifetime haven't been found out down south. 

****ing stupid statement. 

It's not a stupid statement at all. It simply means that his inadequacies as a manager were cruelly exposed during his foray down south, resulting in relegation for his charges and a P45 for him. 

Easy.

What is stupid is some **** that wanted Hibs to win the cup having the nerve to use Neil Berry's photo as thir profile pic.

He'd be disgusted.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

neilson linked with the likes of st mirren and livi .. I must be mistaken 

:lol:

Bazzas right boot
48 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It's not a stupid statement at all. It simply means that his inadequacies as a manager were cruelly exposed during his foray down south, resulting in relegation for his charges and a P45 for him. 

Easy.

What is stupid is some **** that wanted Hibs to win the cup having the nerve to use Neil Berry's photo as thir profile pic.

He'd be disgusted.

I use any Hearts player I want as my avatar ya melt with or without your permission. 

Now

:bolt:

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

The weird thing is, if you take a step back and look as if you were a fan of another team, coming back to Hearts with CL moving back upstairs is actually the perfect job for him. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
8 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

The weird thing is, if you take a step back and look as if you were a fan of another team, coming back to Hearts with CL moving back upstairs is actually the perfect job for him. 

And for us fans. Well, if you look at it objectively. You know, if you were looking at it from the outside in. 

2 hours ago, jambogemz said:

To be honest he actually started to switch playing styles after that first loss at home V Falkirk. (think it was in the January) and it went from there. 

It lost him a large portion of the support over time (especially after the Hibs debacle) and I was very disappointed as I thought he was going to be an excellent young manager who'd be well on his way by now. 

The Birkikrkara game done it for me. 

I think a large part of the poor form end of the winning season was title was wrapped up but yeah I get what you’re saying because once we started the season very positive (I thought) when coming up it was kind of into shell mode.  The Hibs draw, shit happens, both sides even over the two games but the Malta loss was unforgivable again I’m with you, it was hard to come back after that and I wouldn’t be surprised Robbie was smart enough to then leave whilst doing well after that. 

2 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

A sc winner

Player of ten years

Burst the championship

In short, a PHM. 

He doesn’t support Hearts but rest ??

Neilson undeniably as history will show was tbe right man at the right time for Hearts.

Played some great football at times. But at times was very negative and almost restrictive to the players. We were to passive and negative. Some horrible signings in Sammon etc....losing sow cost him big time in terms of the teams form and the hibs scottish cup debacle.

MK Dons is a poisoned chalice. No support and a club that is despised by many due to history. They were relegated this year, I think.robbbie probably keeps them up. Robbie needs to get his next job right. Still think he could prove to be a decent gaffer

I am grateful and will remember Robbie for the part played in our winning the Champs by a country mile at the first time of asking. Of course it wasn't all perfect, but pretty good for a rookie manager IMO. He has gone though, I wish him well, we move on.

Mars plastic
8 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

A sc winner

Player of ten years

Burst the championship

In short, a PHM. 

He’s not a PHM. We took him from managing laddies to give him one of the biggest managerial jobs in Scotland. Some no mark team from Milton Keynes come calling and he can’t get out the door fast enough to chase the big bucks. Neilson can bolt. 

7 hours ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

That’s why it’s only a matter of time

gowestjambo
18 hours ago, luckydug said:

If thats true (which I doubt) no wonder he is taking his time and weighing up his options.

If I was him the options would be a Caribbean cruise or a round the world holiday.

Paisley wouldn't come into the equasion ☺. 

Suit yourself, I am passing on what I was told. The guy in question had a Construction Company that advertised and spent money with MK Dons.i

gowestjambo
14 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

MK Dons season ticket holders probably pluck figures like that out of the same arse that Hearts season ticket holders on here pluck figures out of.

The guy I met was a Multi Millionaire, I doubt we have too many of these.....

Don't shoot the Messenger - believe or not!

gowestjambo
12 hours ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Is it common practice to tell season ticket holders what payoff their managers get? 

He was involved in sponsorship with MK Dons. As I said previously you are not forced to believe anything.

Alva-Jambo

I think fate will eventually reunite him with Hearts, maybe not this year..    Some guy wrote he only won 9 away matches in 2 years,

Levein's recent away form is not better than that, also Neilson was dealing with the fallout from the Vlad final year and all that it then implied

, with the team Cathro had, he would have made much more of them. 

Governor Tarkin
9 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

I use any Hearts player I want as my avatar ya melt with or without your permission. 

Now

:bolt:

:rofl:

You don't need my permission to look like a t*t, mate.

You continue to use whoever you like and I'll continue to state the facts.

Deal?

ford donald
1 hour ago, gowestjambo said:

The guy I met was a Multi Millionaire, I doubt we have too many of these.....

Don't shoot the Messenger - believe or not!

Well said,you spoke I listened!

11 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Easy.

He'd be disgusted.

You tellum Tark!! :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Alva-Jambo said:

I think fate will eventually reunite him with Hearts, maybe not this year..    Some guy wrote he only won 9 away matches in 2 years,

Levein's recent away form is not better than that, also Neilson was dealing with the fallout from the Vlad final year and all that it then implied

, with the team Cathro had, he would have made much more of them. 

No he didn't - Gary Locke had to deal with the fall out of the Vlad era.

When Neilson took over he had a clean slate - Vlad was out, Budge was in, no 15 point penalty, no debt, 14,000 ST holders, funds to sign the likes of Sow, Gomis, Alexander, etc, and despite being in the Championship there was a wave of optimism about the place.

I really think Neilson gets a bad rep from Hearts fans for no real reason. 

Wins the Championship at a canter with a strong Hibs side in there, Rangers and a decent Falkirk side who hung in behind the leading 3 for most of that season. Played some great football too.

Clearly changed our style over the summer but added a few gems like Rossi, Juanma, Kitchen and Djoum over the next 6/7 months and finished 3rd - easily 3rd at that. Arguably better than the much heralded Lennon this year at Hibs who limped to 4th behind a shambolic Rangers side.

Following year we were sitting second with a settled side - needed a few signings to kick on - having beat Rangers 2-0 and Aberdeen before that. Aye he signed a couple duds - what manager at our level hasn't? 

Birkirkara was a typical Scottish side in Europe event. Half ready side put out by minnows in mid-July. Hibs? Maybe we didn't step up the year before in the cup but in the Championship it was even sides imo. 

Cathro's succession was a disaster that destroyed all the good foundations of Neilson and ruined a few stars of Robbie's side.

Frankly he should be remembered better than he has been.

Geoff the Mince
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Deal?

:laugh:

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Mars plastic said:

He’s not a PHM. We took him from managing laddies to give him one of the biggest managerial jobs in Scotland. Some no mark team from Milton Keynes come calling and he can’t get out the door fast enough to chase the big bucks. Neilson can bolt. 

Based on that you don't see wee Robbo as  PHM, he left for Newcastle?

Rudi left?

Berra?

Not even going to mention the plane and the bed sheets that some fans had going- absolutely cringey and embarrassing for our support, a ****ing plane. My god. Let that sink in. Some fans hired a plane to fly over Tynecastle to slag our manager. shambles. 

I could go on.

you are on your arse when it comes to Robbie, honestly, you turn form a mildly amusing poster to a complete walloper when it comes to him. It's a shame, makes me sad.

Governor Tarkin
44 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

added a few gems like Rossi, Juanma, Kitchen and Djoum.

Gems? Rossi? Juanma? Kitchen?

Adequate at best.

Djoum I'll give you. On his day one of the best players to pull on the maroon in recent years.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Deal?

Look like a tit? Because I defend a player of us for over ten years, a sc winner and our ex manager on a Hearts Forum. I'd say the tits are the ones who hire planes, use stained beds sheets as flags and slag him.

Facts- I am quite happy that I dislike Rangers more than hibs, if that is your facts, then fire on, I agree and my position is unlikely to change on that. I'm the one that said it. Hardly a fact that you had to dig deep for.

Did you ask Chuck about hibs, did you, do you know him? or are you just making things up to get a point across that has nothing to do with Robbie.

Anybody that has a go at Robbie and slags him is a daftie, and if any daftie slags him or other Hearts men on a Hearts Forum they deserve to be outed as such.

Bringing hibs and rangers in to it is neither here or there, just a personal dig to change the subject. 

Crack on tho, you like some other posters go on about hibs and the cup more than the actual hibs fans I know. Tragic

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

Governor Tarkin
13 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Look like a tit? Because I defend a player of us for over ten years, a sc winner and our ex manager on a Hearts Forum. I'd say the tits are the ones who hire planes, use stained beds sheets as flags and slag him.

Facts- I am quite happy that I dislike Rangers more than hibs, if that is your facts, then fire on, I agree and my position is unlikely to change on that. I'm the one that said it. Hardly a fact that you had to dig deep for.

Did you ask Chuck about hibs, did you, do you know him? or are you just making things up to get a point across that has nothing to do with Robbie.

Anybody that has a go at Robbie and slags him is a daftie, and if any daftie slags him or other Hearts men on a Hearts Forum they deserve to be outed as such.

Bringing hibs and rangers in to it is neither here or there, just a personal dig to change the subject. 

Crack on tho, you like some other posters go on about hibs and the cup more than the actual hibs fans I know. Tragic

giphy_(4).gif

Mars plastic
3 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Deal?

:lol::lol: 

Mars plastic
1 hour ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Based on that you don't see wee Robbo as  PHM, he left for Newcastle?

Rudi left?

Berra?

Not even going to mention the plane and the bed sheets that some fans had going- absolutely cringey and embarrassing for our support, a ****ing plane. My god. Let that sink in. Some fans hired a plane to fly over Tynecastle to slag our manager. shambles. 

I could go on.

you are on your arse when it comes to Robbie, honestly, you turn form a mildly amusing poster to a complete walloper when it comes to him. It's a shame, makes me sad.

I think it’s Robbie who’s cutting a shift into you. I bet you look up at him with those ‘give me all you’ve got’ eyes when he’s about to unload a batch.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

:cornette:

Adequate at best.

Djoum I'll give you. On his day one of the best players to pull on the maroon in recent years.

Rossi was our best centre back till Berra. Juanma was top scorer with 13 goals. Kitchen stepped in to replace and better our holding midfield role - replacing Gomis and Pallardo. Went on to play half a season in the Danish top flight now at one of the top teams in the MLS.

Not world beaters but did the job they were paid to do well and performed better than expected or given credit for. 

queensferryjambo

Adequate at best.

Rossi was an excellent player for Hearts IMO

Agreed on and Kitchen & Juanma (a lazy ******* with an attitude problem who never knew the offside rule).

Governor Tarkin
11 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

Rossi was our best centre back till Berra. Juanma was top scorer with 13 goals. Kitchen stepped in to replace and better our holding midfield role - replacing Gomis and Pallardo. Went on to play half a season in the Danish top flight now at one of the top teams in the MLS.

Not world beaters but did the job they were paid to do well and performed better than expected or given credit for. 

I agree with most of that but think 'gems' was a bit of an overstatement. Rossi was the pick of that bunch for me, whilst Juanma flattered to deceive on occasion and was frustrating as hell at others. Decent return though. Kitchen, meh.

Governor Tarkin
11 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Rossi was an excellent player for Hearts IMO

Agreed on and Kitchen & Juanma (a lazy ******* with an attitude problem who never knew the offside rule).

Ok, on reflection I'll give you Rossi. :thumbsup:

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Mars plastic said:

I think it’s Robbie who’s cutting a shift into you. I bet you look up at him with those ‘give me all you’ve got’ eyes when he’s about to unload a batch.

Are there any other types of "eyes"? 

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed