Football Manager 2019

VivaObua

Firstly feel free to move to the console section if you feel that's more appropriate. 

t's that time of year for me where I'm evaluating the Hearts squad for the new edition of FM and as I know loads of yous enjoy the game so I'm interested in opinions on who needs adjusted in the squad and what I've been doing wrong! At the turn of the year I started a thread on here and using the JKB community I overhauled the legend/Icons section and received some decent feedback so thanks for help on that. So far I've lowered Amankwaa it's the first chance I've had since he was rated by Copenhagen but he was coming in as our 3rd or 4th best player and I'm not seeing it like that also our newest debutants like Logan and Makovora  will be added to the squad.

Ibrahim Tall
21 minutes ago, VivaObua said:

Firstly feel free to move to the console section if you feel that's more appropriate. 

t's that time of year for me where I'm evaluating the Hearts squad for the new edition of FM and as I know loads of yous enjoy the game so I'm interested in opinions on who needs adjusted in the squad and what I've been doing wrong! At the turn of the year I started a thread on here and using the JKB community I overhauled the legend/Icons section and received some decent feedback so thanks for help on that. So far I've lowered Amankwaa it's the first chance I've had since he was rated by Copenhagen but he was coming in as our 3rd or 4th best player and I'm not seeing it like that also our newest debutants like Logan and Makovora  will be added to the squad.

If Amankwaa is our 3rd best player is it no possible to just make our squad less shite? :P

Cochrane needs improved from the winter update. Lafferty also is better than FM reflects. 

Alter our transfer budget ;)

2 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Cochrane needs improved from the winter update. Lafferty also is better than FM reflects. 

Alter our transfer budget ;)

Cochrane seemed to be pretty decent after the winter update. At least potential wise anyway. Which at 16, you can only expect.

Personally I’d like to see the Academy a bit better reflected. Can’t recall ever having an FM file with Hearts where I’ve inherited good youngsters.

Im a bit tongue in cheek regarding transfer budget but i know 100% we have alot more avaliable than the game gives you

1 minute ago, Locky said:

Personally I’d like to see the Academy a bit better reflected. Can’t recall ever having an FM file with Hearts where I’ve inherited good youngsters.

Neither can I. Have had the odd gem though. 

rudi must stay
46 minutes ago, VivaObua said:

I think Cochrane's stats should be much better. For passing he should be in green and stamina, as for the rest that's up to you. I don't think he's as good as some do, but I do think he's better than the game suggests

Edited by rudi must stay

...a bit disco
47 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Is Cochrane going to be the new Mark Kerr?

More Willie Howie imo.

I reckon Cochrane looks ok, he’s got great potential and sits around the same current level as most of our centre mids. I’ve lowered his pace and acceleration as I felt these were a little high but hopefully he’ll improve physically as the season goes. I’ve had a look at the players we’ve signed so far and none of them improve the squad in FM only the keeper is at a level on par with our first team players, I won’t get the chance to change any new players until Jan so a Hearts save in FM19 could be hard work!!  

4 hours ago, OTT said:

Been wanting to get a FM game for a while... tried the demo but got lost in the sheer volume of tasks!

Maybe you should try the mobile version, that's the one I use and from what I gather it is less complicated than the full pc game.

The Internet

Amankwaa is awesome on this year's version. Cochrane and MacDonald got big upgrades in the winter patch. Hamilton was about on par with McLaughlin though which needs fixed. 

MacDonald needs his stats boosted. Aaron Hughes was the worst player I ever managed in the game, surely he shouldn’t be that bad

Bridge of Djoum
7 hours ago, Jambo92 said:

Is Cochrane going to be the new Mark Kerr?

Mark Kerr wasn't a patch on Cherno Samba.

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, New York Fleapit said:

Mark Kerr wasn't a patch on Cherno Samba.

Carlos Fierro as well. He was amazing in football manager

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

Good shout, mate.

2 minutes ago, Ministry MK2 said:

Martin Palermo used to be a fantastic go to signing. 

Always bought him.

Ministry did you used to be into the decks? Just with you having the mk2.

That's were my 1210 came from :)

Edited by dsk1210
instead of a second post

TheAntiHibee
10 hours ago, OTT said:

Been wanting to get a FM game for a while... tried the demo but got lost in the sheer volume of tasks!

You can set the game so that you don't have to deal with things such as recruiting background staff.

10 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Always signed To Maderia goal machine - Pace 20, Finishing 20, what more do you need! 

Tynecastle Valhalla

Amankwaa is crazy good in the game consistently every season too. Makes me hope he comes good next season for us in real life. The quality of young players (regens) is awful though so should be upgraded to well established youth recruitment 

Laffertys finishing stat should be higher

Mclaughlin should be better too

1 hour ago, wallace_mercer said:

Amankwaa is crazy good in the game consistently every season too. Makes me hope he comes good next season for us in real life. The quality of young players (regens) is awful though so should be upgraded to well established youth recruitment 

Laffertys finishing stat should be higher

Mclaughlin should be better too

Mclaughlin got a boost in the winter update but will get another, shame he’s likely to be elsewhere right enough. Lafferty finishing is 12 I think pretty happy with that but I’ll have a look after my work tonight. The youth recruitment is as high as I can set it within the limits of Scotland so unless FM increase it I can’t. 

Is one of our Under 20 players really the chief data analyst? I think it's Andy Irvine in game?

Callachan is too good. I think perhaps Skinny should also be able to play left midfield more effectively

NaturalOrder74

I found the squad on FM 17 (prior to the winter update) very hard compared to other years.

MacDonald & Cochrane and John S went on to stand the test of time for me but I hope in 2018 the players can play a better formation at the start, hate playing 3 at the back with wing backs in FM

10 hours ago, MrBones said:

Is one of our Under 20 players really the chief data analyst? I think it's Andy Irvine in game?

Callachan is too good. I think perhaps Skinny should also be able to play left midfield more effectively

Yeah I seen Irving had that duel role, no idea how it happened it wasn’t me ? 

7 hours ago, VivaObua said:

John Murray still at Hearts?

No. No. No. Steve Bauld from Arsenal is now our cheif scout ?

King prawn
8 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

No. No. No. Steve Bauld from Arsenal is now our cheif scout ?

Can’t believe I fell for that :jj_facepalm:

3 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Can’t believe I fell for that :jj_facepalm:

Ssshhh, vivaobua hasnt updated it yet ?

• 1 month later...

Just tidying up the Hearts stuff in prep for FM19 and I'm wondering how much wage contribution to set for Steven Naismith? Norwich researcher has set it around 10k I think its closer to 5k anyone any opinions on this?

1 minute ago, VivaObua said:

Just tidying up the Hearts stuff in prep for FM19 and I'm wondering how much wage contribution to set for Steven Naismith? Norwich researcher has set it around 10k I think its closer to 5k anyone any opinions on this?

How is everything else looking? Cochrane and Macdonald high potentials?

It was reported that SN was on around 40-50k a week at Norwich and we were contributing around 10% so I would imagine its around the 5k a week mark with potentially a side monthly fee involved.

Yeah Ill be bringing Naismith wage closer to 5k, few of the new signing have been rated really low by previous folk Lee is awful he's well below Callachan and Martin not sure how much I'll be able to improve him as the head researcher will say someone has seen him more than I have so that might need to wait until January to be edited. Same goes for Bobby Burns who is so bad he's rated less than the majority of our under 20s squad Chris Hamilton Cammy Logan etc.

Spoiler

Cochrane and McDonald both have -7 PA 

Say What Again
9 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Hows Tommy Svindal Larsen getting on these days?

Runs a pub in Alloa, with Tonton Zola Moukoko

Ibrahim Tall
1 minute ago, Say What Again said:

Maxim Tsigalko works behind the bar.

1 hour ago, Say What Again said:

Willie Howie on the door.

I usually go read madrid as well. Then i sell about 4 players to them for 60 million and go player shopping. 

Still cannae win the league mind you. Hardly any decent players want to come to Hearts lol. 

Geordie Jambo

Serious question, do you think you are maybe a little harsh in putting the Hearts players lower compared to the guy who does Hibs.  They always seem to have higher rated players in every department which makes me think the Hibs researcher is a little biased??

1 hour ago, Geordie Jambo said:

Serious question, do you think you are maybe a little harsh in putting the Hearts players lower compared to the guy who does Hibs.  They always seem to have higher rated players in every department which makes me think the Hibs researcher is a little biased??

Last time I looked at the squads ours on average was slightly better, McGinn is rated very highly and is better than our Best Berra by more than I'd agree with. The way things works are based on league position you have a guided squad average to try and reach so Hibs would have scope to have a slightly better average than us. Any players in particular on both sides who you feel aren't right? 

I'm currently glued to the switch (touch) version & loving it, apart from the regular-ish software error crashes at the end of every say approx 20th match.  Think its the perfect middle ground between full PC and mobile versions.

Hampden Demolition

I would say Godinho could do with a slight increase. Also Martin is actually not bad in the game, surely that can’t be right? ?

Stuart McNeill

Always wanted to play it, I bought 2013 and followed a few guides etc.. 

Still completely overwhelmed, getting best off everyone. Never bothered to try again. 

Naismith is just under 5k a week wage contribution.

Viva can you let us know who the top 5 current ability and top 5 potential abilty are?

Famous 1874

Into my third season with Hearts on fm18 , started it not ago and added the summer transfers through a download from fmscout. Won the BetFred cup first season and then the league and the Scottish the next season. Lafferty and Vanecek are a quality partnership. Cochrane and Souttar also turn into brilliant players, Liam Smith also super solid at right back. Unfortunately, on the game all our summer signings are not good enough so have been binned. Stevie G sacked by December and Brenda sacked the following season?. Also have a naughty newgen who I bought from Hamilton who has already been capped by Scotland at the age of 17.