So who's next then

wanderer

Hearts1975
9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

That's how i am seeing it still.

Pleased with Lee and Edwards and hopefully the keeper will be decent.

The rest? Not so sure.

Think we will be in for a good surprise with the big lad from Cambridge and also Mulraney 

agree re Edwards and lee .. the keeper will be decent and jury out on the rest 

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rudi must stay

• Cruyff Turn

• Alex Kintner

• Juanjo15

1 minute ago, Frank1874 said:

Think we will 100% play two up front next season. It’s Craig’s preferred formation and now he has the players to be able to do it he will.

The midfield four won’t be a classic four with two wingers, it’ll be a winger on one side and more of a player in the Boyack/Stamp mould on the other side imo

For the first time in a long time, it looks like we may be able to play every conventional formation known to man and still maintain a decent bench if the expected further players are added

reckon the formation will be a big debating point this season

the_jailer
2 hours ago, Ali Lawrie said:

Wish we'd go for Glen Kamara from Dundee. He is a brilliant player.

This. I’ve been banging on about him for months. Would walk in any team apart from Celtic 

Famous 1874
42 minutes ago, the_jailer said:

This. I’ve been banging on about him for months. Would walk in any team apart from Celtic 

Very classy player eh

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, the_jailer said:

Stood out v us. Seems a very confident player with a good attitude and plenty of skill in his locker. He'd be e a great signing. How they got him I don't know, hes been capped by Finland they're never a bad national team

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Stood out v us. Seems a very confident player with a good attitude and plenty of skill in his locker. He'd be e a great signing. How they got him I don't know, hes been capped by Finland they're never a bad national team

Juho Makela got 8 caps for Finland though to be fair

All Out Attack
5 hours ago, Ali Lawrie said:

Wish we'd go for Glen Kamara from Dundee. He is a brilliant player.

Thought about this myself. 

He's always looked head and shoulders above playing for Dundee. 

Edited by All Out Attack

3 hours ago, Barack said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we're skint. But, someone mentioned Sammon plus a wee bit of money to Saints'. That's realistic I think.

Martin is still hoovering up dead cash. That's an issue that can easily affect us retaining Dave, or Adao. Or both.

What do you suggest we do to rectify that problem?

Cruyff Turn
3 hours ago, Barack said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we're skint. But, someone mentioned Sammon plus a wee bit of money to Saints'. That's realistic I think.

Martin is still hoovering up dead cash. That's an issue that can easily affect us retaining Dave, or Adao. Or both.

Possibly, depends what St Johnstone value him at. 

Martin has to be one of the worst signings ever, we should just pack him in a wooden container and send him to outer Mongolia. 

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

2 things. Pay him off. Or don't.

Up to Hearts.

Can't see how either option changes the cash from being dead.  It won't free up cash to help retain Dave or Adao.

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, the_jailer said:

Anyone hear that there’s four Americans over just now? 

Prob youth players. I am sure Levein is friendly with a agent who deals with North American players. It's who we got Zanatta, Godinho and Paton through.

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Prob youth players. I am sure Levein is friendly with a agent who deals with North American players. It's who we got Zanatta, Godinho and Paton through.

Sneaky feeling one might be a keeper.

penicuik jambo
9 hours ago, Section Q said:

Young Jason Kerr. 21 yo centre half playing in Toulon tournament for Scotland would be a great signing.

He turned us down to sign for St Johnstone as a youth. Massive Hibby though I do think he would sign if offered the chance. 

Alex Kintner
45 minutes ago, penicuik jambo said:

He turned us down to sign for St Johnstone as a youth. Massive Hibby though I do think he would sign if offered the chance. 

Didn’t he play for us as a youth?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

When is the next pish signing. So far McLean is the one I get the warmest feeling for. 

My hopes pinned on Harry Tony and Djoum making up the midfield with Mitchell and Naismith back. 

Definitely numbers but strength in depth? Not seeing quality being added if I am brutally honest. Plenty of perspiration if not inspiration 

Holyrood_Hearts

Makes me laugh people wanting to sign Glen Kamara now, but if we signed him last summer (given his history) he’d be written off as a dud! 

AuldReekie444
2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

When is the next pish signing. So far McLean is the one I get the warmest feeling for. 

My hopes pinned on Harry Tony and Djoum making up the midfield with Mitchell and Naismith back. 

Definitely numbers but strength in depth? Not seeing quality being added if I am brutally honest. Plenty of perspiration if not inspiration 

the problem is scoring more goals. 

the new players change the squad, that is good, its not the same squad as that last season.

and it feels like we are adding where we need, forwards/midfield/leftback . 

the players so far, are a mixture of less experience and decent experience.

we can't see the character of the players and the squad easily. and that is a factor. 

and we don't know how well they will adapt to Levein/MacPhee gameplans.

Im not disagreeing with you, not as pessimistic either. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 hours ago, AuldReekie444 said:

the problem is scoring more goals. 

the new players change the squad, that is good, its not the same squad as that last season.

and it feels like we are adding where we need, forwards/midfield/leftback . 

the players so far, are a mixture of less experience and decent experience.

we can't see the character of the players and the squad easily. and that is a factor. 

and we don't know how well they will adapt to Levein/MacPhee gameplans.

Im not disagreeing with you, not as pessimistic either. 

Plenty of experience for the bench. Game changers not so sure

17 hours ago, penicuik jambo said:

Are you sure he had the chance to join us...? I know that him and his twin brother went to Perth straight from school. Never heard of our interest though.

penicuik jambo

Was his stepdad who told me way back that he had the chance to sign for Hearts or St Johnstone, thought he would have a better chance breaking through at the saints. Great to see him doing well, toughened up with some great lower league loan spells. Him and Sam Nicholson doing penicuik proud! 

32 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

Luigi Bruins is a name I’ve been told. 

Is this a bit of ITK info? If so, what stage would you say it was at? Has he had the obligatory show-round in the dark of night?...

Unknown user
35 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

Luigi Bruins is a name I’ve been told. 

Good player, spent a few years at feyenoord when he was younger

22 hours ago, Frank1874 said:

Didn’t he play for us as a youth?

Tynecastle boys club.

rudi must stay
11 minutes ago, Smithee said:

He was brilliant. Way off our radar, wont be like that now. Interestingly, he got a new deal in March at Excelsior, but they have just appointed a new manager, could be not his sort of player or he'd prefer to give a younger player a chance, so there could be something in this rumour

24 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I hadn’t heard of him until today tbh. 

27 minutes ago, wigwam123 said:

Is this a bit of ITK info? If so, what stage would you say it was at? Has he had the obligatory show-round in the dark of night?...

It’s a bit of info I’ve heard from a journo not HMFC.  He’s close to people that very rarely get it wrong though so let’s wait and see ?

Unknown user
18 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

I hadn’t heard of him until today tbh. 

I moved to Holland in 08, he was frequently in the first team then with some pretty bloody strong competition. 

He's 31 now but no doubting his quality.

I'm told today Hibs are set to announce the signings of Kamberi Allan and Stevie Mallan....McGinn  is part of the Allan deal with him going to Celtic. See how our signings stack up against them.

I think things are encouraging. We haven’t made any marquee signings, but arguably we did that last year (assuming we can tie up Naismith). What we lacked was a solid structure around them to enable them to perform. Good teams need graft as well as talent. I think this is what Levein is putting in place. The likes of Cochrane will look even better playing in a better midfield.

2 hours ago, Barack said:

He'll not get near the starting Celtic 11.

:lol:

****ing pair of sycophantic shitehawk clubs.

Mallan's not too bad. But I'll not be losing sleep over it. Allan's only as good as his next inhaler. 

I agree...although I know Celtic fans who see him as Brown's replacement. Mallan and Allan....sounds like a 60's double act....are not McGinn and McGeough. The lad Kamberi is decent enough. I reckon all 3 require transfer fees (Allan in terms of less McGinn cash) so who knows what Lennon has left after them.

Still looks a weaker hibs team. Time will tell who Aberdeen and the bun cheeks sign but I like how we are going about our business.

5 hours ago, Barack said:

Allan's only as good as his next inhaler. 

Do they give inhalers for diabetes these days :huh2:

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Thought he was asthmatic?

Epi-pen/inhaler....potato/potatoe.  :)

Lol. Your point still stands though, don't rate him and he won't pick up the slack if they lose both McGinn and McGeough.

Famous 1874
On 6/6/2018 at 19:20, jamboinglasgow said:

I'm all for these types of youth signings. Some really good players out there that we can get for an extremely reasonable price. The fact that we can offer a route through to the first team could give us the edge over some other clubs.

Finlay James
49 minutes ago, Barack said:

Thought he was asthmatic?

Epi-pen/inhaler....potato/potatoe.  :)

Make sure you conenowhere near me if I go into anaphylactic shock ?

sairyinthat

I would nab Cifki provided it was Not a loan,he definitely is well in our wage bracket worth having around.

rudi must stay
28 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

I would nab Cifki provided it was Not a loan,he definitely is well in our wage bracket worth having around.

Ye, same. Would need to lose abit of weight, improve his fitness. But when he's playing well he's a handful

On 04/06/2018 at 19:23, Raymond Reddington said:

I dont think maclean will play many games. I think he is a paul gallacher type signing. We did register him as a goalie. Maclean does not play on plastic pitches therefore there is 4 games he will not play.

So not many games is 32 or 33 out of 38 games on grass 

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Seriously though, who’s next?

:waiting:

Nobody till some leave. Nothing to back that up just guessing

On 07/06/2018 at 08:11, penicuik jambo said:

Was his stepdad who told me way back that he had the chance to sign for Hearts or St Johnstone, thought he would have a better chance breaking through at the saints. Great to see him doing well, toughened up with some great lower league loan spells. Him and Sam Nicholson doing penicuik proud! 

Thanks mate.