Pre-Season Friendlies

Footballfirst

John Findlay
6 hours ago, graham said:

Alan maybury is now at St Johnstone coaching the youths replacing Alec Cleland who has moved up to become the assistant manager ? 

Thanks.:thumbs_up:

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Boab

• portobellojambo1

• Footballfirst

It should’ve been 12!
2 hours ago, StAndrewsHMFC said:

image.png.32a60662881348695d76703d090b9c21.png

I'd asked earlier in the thread of there where any supporters buses being run to Arbroath, assume this is still no?

I'd had a look at heading up on the train but was looking at £25 each return for me and the old man, does anyone have any advice or can help out? 

Cheers

On 26/06/2018 at 19:45, Footballfirst said:

The U18/U20/Reserve fixtures that I know about are:

13 July  v opposition tbc (possibly foriegn) at Riccarton

22 Jul  v Tynecastle FC at Meggetland 2pm k.o.

25 July v Bonnyrigg at New Dundas Park 7:15 k.o.

Potential other fixture v Middlesbrough

John Rankin will be the coaching for the U18s with Andy Kirk looking after the reserves.

Is Rankin still coaching with us while playing for Clyde?

Footballfirst
5 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Is Rankin still coaching with us while playing for Clyde?

If there is no conflict between the training and playing schedules I wouldn't see it as a problem.  I think it is planned to play U18 games on Friday evenings.

Dale Carrick managed to mix playing and coaching last season.

37 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

If there is no conflict between the training and playing schedules I wouldn't see it as a problem.  I think it is planned to play U18 games on Friday evenings.

Dale Carrick managed to mix playing and coaching last season.

Cheers I was just curious.

Clyde are really going for it this season so I expect Danny Lennon will be demanding quite a high commitment level.

Anyone know if Arbroath tickets will be on sale via Hearts?

Was hoping to add to my loyalty points.

Cupar Jambo
52 minutes ago, number-16 said:

Anyone know if Arbroath tickets will be on sale via Hearts?

Was hoping to add to my loyalty points.

Pay at the gate

will-i-am-a-jambo
On 20/06/2018 at 22:41, It should’ve been 12! said:

Maybe a long shot but is anyone running buses to any of the pre season friendly away fixtures? Me and the old man are booked up for the betfred cup - cove rangers trip but wondered if there where any other buses running to the likes of Arbroath and Dumbarton? Cheers ?⚽️

Hi, is there a supporters bus going up to Cove or did you just mean that you booked a train/public bus?

lf so, what supporters bus is going?

18 hours ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

I must've missed a few of these appointments. Good to see Dale back at the club what might be been if it wasn't for injuries!

Maybury no longer

joiner st Johnstone as their u20s / reserve coach

taking over from Alec cleland who is taking over as asst manager from Callum Davidson who has joined stoke 

6 hours ago, StAndrewsHMFC said:

Some wonderful memories from there for us older fans.  Saw my first hatricks getting scored there. Two in the one game. That and the promotion game.  Brilliant occasion. 

21 minutes ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

Hi, is there a supporters bus going up to Cove or did you just mean that you booked a train/public bus?

Danderhall Hearts which runs through Dalkeith, Bonnyrigg and Loanhead have a 38 seater going to Cove, Portobello Hearts also have a bus going up there, if you need any info on Danderhall bus PM me, Porty bus have a website.

4 hours ago, It should’ve been 12! said:

I'd asked earlier in the thread of there where any supporters buses being run to Arbroath, assume this is still no?

I'd had a look at heading up on the train but was looking at £25 each return for me and the old man, does anyone have any advice or can help out? 

Cheers

I would be surprised if there are any buses going to Arbroath, too costly for a friendly on a Tuesday night, our bus doesn't run to friendlies anymore because we always ended up losing money on them.

It should’ve been 12!
37 minutes ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

Hi, mate, as someone mentioned I'm going up with portobello hearts who are running a bus ?⚽️

It should’ve been 12!
10 minutes ago, Stuart G said:

I would be surprised if there are any buses going to Arbroath, too costly for a friendly on a Tuesday night, our bus doesn't run to friendlies anymore because we always ended up losing money on them.

Thought that may be the case, thanks for confirming. If anyone does hear anything about a bus let me know please. Cheers ?⚽️

7 minutes ago, It should’ve been 12! said:

Thought that may be the case, thanks for confirming. If anyone does hear anything about a bus let me know please. Cheers ?⚽️

See above post

will-i-am-a-jambo
19 minutes ago, Stuart G said:

Danderhall Hearts which runs through Dalkeith, Bonnyrigg and Loanhead have a 38 seater going to Cove, Portobello Hearts also have a bus going up there, if you need any info on Danderhall bus PM me, Porty bus have a website.

6 minutes ago, It should’ve been 12! said:

Hi, mate, as someone mentioned I'm going up with portobello hearts who are running a bus ?⚽️

Thanks guys. What time do the buses leave? I can't afford to take time off work so looking to leave about 5.30pm but l guess they will be leaving earlier than that? May have to take the car instead but just thought l'd check out the supporters buses.

1 hour ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

Thanks guys. What time do the buses leave? I can't afford to take time off work so looking to leave about 5.30pm but l guess they will be leaving earlier than that? May have to take the car instead but just thought l'd check out the supporters buses.

Don't know about Portobello but Danderhall bus is 3.45 from Dalkeith

will-i-am-a-jambo
1 hour ago, Stuart G said:

Don't know about Portobello but Danderhall bus is 3.45 from Dalkeith

36 minutes ago, farin said:

The porty bus times are. 

C396D1E1-3302-478A-B43C-E9D35EBA44FC.jpeg

Thanks guys much appreciated!

portobellojambo1
10 hours ago, It should’ve been 12! said:

Cheers

We aren't taking a bus to any of the pre season friendlies. In fact I've not spoken to anyone from our bus during the close season who is planning to attend any of them.

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

Thanks guys much appreciated!

It'll be interesting to see how many tickets we get for this game (just posted this on another thread then seen this one). Their new stadium only seems to have a capacity of about 390-400, all seated, and I'd imagine they must have some ST holders of their own and will look to accommodate their own fans initially (might not go down too well locally if in their first game at their new stadium they decide to give the vast majority of the seats to HMFC fans).

Edited by portobellojambo1

undisputed truth
On 5/29/2018 at 23:00, Kiwidoug said:

Spurs at at Tynie was just outstanding.  Think we had that a couple of times and one of them in brilliant sunshine was the Greaves v Cruickshank show.

Yes remember that as if it was yesterday, was right behind Cruikie when he saved a bicycle kick from Greavsie, spoilt me for real football for about 20 years that did

35 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Off topic but Linlithgow Rose are playing the vermin tomorrow at Prestonfield if anyone from the area fancies firing abuse at the shite. 

Thought not......

Alternatively, some locals may turn up who could be Miss West Lothian contestants.

Hail the gallant Rosie Posey and

:fth:

*Should be "firing Shiite at the shiite"??

1 hour ago, farin said:

Yep, this match is patg.

Thanks, mate.

If this weather keeps up it's got jolly written all over it !

?

1 minute ago, farin said:

Bit of a hike to it from the boozers but the bowling club behind its not bad if they’re letting folk in again. ??

Last time I was down was in the Championship and had a few in the boozer just outside the station. Wasn't too far a walk but i'd had a few !

Probably head in there again....decent pint !

Thanks for the info. ?

23 minutes ago, farin said:

We went on the train too, went to the Waverley for a natter with Busby then onto a Wetherspoons before ending up in a bar inside the ground. Game was crap but the day out was great. ??

Aye, it was pish but a wee change fae Motherwell etc. Enjoyed the Championship away days but for one season only !!

Portable Badger
On 28/06/2018 at 10:42, StAndrewsHMFC said:

I intend to travel down from Dingwall/inverness in my car if there's any other Highland based Jambos thinking of going

30 minutes ago, farin said:

We went on the train too, went to the Waverley for a natter with Busby then onto a Wetherspoons before ending up in a bar inside the ground. Game was crap but the day out was great. ??

Normally travel to games by supporters bus, how far is the train station to the ground and what is the best station to get off? I noticed that there is a couple of stations in Dumbarton.

11 minutes ago, Stuart G said:

Normally travel to games by supporters bus, how far is the train station to the ground and what is the best station to get off? I noticed that there is a couple of stations in Dumbarton.

We got off at Dumbarton East, mate, and went into...I think !....the Stag's Head just outside the station. 10 minute walk maybe ?

portobellojambo1

There is a brilliant wee bowling club at the bottom of the road that takes you down past the ground (Dumbarton Rock Bowling Club). From there it is a 2/3 minute walk to the ground. Dumbarton East railway station is closest to the ground

4 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

There is a brilliant wee bowling club at the bottom of the road that takes you down past the ground (Dumbarton Rock Bowling Club). From there it is a 2/3 minute walk to the ground. Dumbarton East railway station is closest to the ground

Might hit that club rather than the boozer...which was ok !

Easy entry, mate ?

9 minutes ago, Boab said:

We got off at Dumbarton East, mate, and went into...I think !....the Stag's Head just outside the station. 10 minute walk maybe ?

6 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Thanks guys, appreciated

portobellojambo1
28 minutes ago, Boab said:

Might hit that club rather than the boozer...which was ok !

Easy entry, mate ?

They were very welcoming when we went through for our two championship games there.

16 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

They were very welcoming when we went through for our two championship games there.

Cheers.

iwasthere1954
On 6/28/2018 at 17:41, Elmore said:

Some wonderful memories from there for us older fans.  Saw my first hatricks getting scored there. Two in the one game. That and the promotion game.  Brilliant occasion. 

That was the Christmas eve game. I was there with the old man who was in his late seventies at the time. After the game which finished 0 -7 we were walking back to the town centre for some last minute Christmas shopping. A young guy approached us and asked the score. The old man replied 0 - 7. The young then asked who for. The old man who never swore just said "dinnae be so f...... silly son" . I still laugh at that to this day. Priceless.

8 hours ago, farin said:

If your interested get off at dalreoch & walk down to the Waverley Bar & have a natter with drew busby. ?

B458A4A0-CA5A-477B-B37F-9DA9346FF095.jpeg

Cheers mate, one of my heroes in the early years.

RobbofordGHC

I take it that the Dumbarton game is more likely to be potential first teamers than Partick the next day? Particularly if that games at Cowdenbeath.

10 hours ago, RobbofordGHC said:

I take it that the Dumbarton game is more likely to be potential first teamers than Partick the next day? Particularly if that games at Cowdenbeath.

Probably a mix

Can name two teams easily from first team / youngsters 

35 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

All new players plus Ali Crawford to play tomorow at Arbroath  with different team for each half.

Stronger team for Partick game Sunday is the plan.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/ten-new-hearts-signings-set-for-run-out-against-arbroath-1-4762318

no mention of the young goalie we have on trial there, wonder if we've seen enough 

6 hours ago, farin said:

No worries, ?? if you haven’t already read it I’d recommend this cracking book on drew. 

0E6F15D0-FEBE-4F0A-BD9F-CAFE5C7741F0.jpeg

I have a signed copy, it was a friend of mine who wrote it and I proof read it for him before publication, I am actually mentioned in the foreword, great stories about him, especially with Malky Robertson and Rab Prentice.

4 minutes ago, Stuart G said:

I have a signed copy, it was a friend of mine who wrote it and I proof read it for him before publication, I am actually mentioned in the foreword, great stories about him, especially with Malky Robertson and Rab Prentice.

The author is a weirdo....  Only joking!