leslie deans

Guest jambomickey

questions don't get answered at our football club! not even to shareholders at agm's

Posting questions on the internet will certainly change the world though!

Yet another pointless thread.

letsmakesomenoise
where's leslie deans, the mc grails, gary mackay, donald ford, derek watson, john borthwick. they had plenty to say in the past when we were being mismanaged. we a shambles right now and being run by a paranoid regime who don't communicate with the fans and when they do it's lie after lie after lie.

Counting their ill gotten gains my friend.

letsmakesomenoise has hit the nail on the head,by accusing these guys of earning something out of save our hearts,apart from derek who earned a wage during the campaign,all the rest of the guys would have been out of pocket,and you wonder why nobody wants to get involved in another protest group,plenty people on this board with lots to say,but havent even managed anything more than a few meaningless polls.

:rofl:

I take it you never read the link you posted?

Some people on here never cease to amaze me.

Quite so.

I'm as gutted as anyone by our serial failure to appoint a manager.

However, this is clearly an example of how if you say something often enough, people start to believe it.

The 'World Cup players' were never a promise. And whatever you think of VR and his team, it cannot be fair to hold people to promises they never actually made.

Corrie Jambo

I am no Romanov apologist but I think he has been unlucky on this occasion.

He thought he had McGhee tied up and so did we. We were all chuffed. I am sure a lot of time was put into getting the deal into place. He was even going over to Lithuania for a week while his partner is pregnant.

McGhee was what we needed NOW, someone to steady the ship but lets be honest if he did well we all know that he would jump at the Celtic job if it came up (and who can blame him). Thats what happens in football and would have happened if Burley had won the league for us. Rangers would have offered top dollar for him the next season and think he would have been tempted.

Romanovs problem is that and it is a big problem and one that a successful businessman should have thought of - he had no plan B.

He also meddles too much in team affairs but I really hate the way he gets attacked for wanting to be provided with a dossier on performance of players and justification for who is/is not playing by the manager. He is right to demand that but is not right to deliberatley play inferior players and punishing players directly costing us a place in Europe in 2007 and the bottom six this season.

But interference happens all over - the best example being Mourinho at Chelsea - Abromavich wanted him to justify his selections and Jose wasn't prepared to do it so despite all his success he lost his job.

I would like the Hearts guys mentioned in the OP who were vocal in the past to offer their opinion at least but when Foulkes speaks he gets slated here and in the press and even Gary Mackay a hearts legend gets abuse on this forum.

We need Hearts men at the club. People who know the history and care for what the club is about.

My dream team would be Souness and Pressley with Donald Ford on the board.

C'mon the Maroon Marauders!!!

where's leslie deans, the mc grails, gary mackay, donald ford, derek watson, john borthwick. they had plenty to say in the past when we were being mismanaged. we a shambles right now and being run by a paranoid regime who don't communicate with the fans and when they do it's lie after lie after lie.

FYI Mr Stalker,

Both in bold were today at Baberton golf club for the annual past players Hearts v Hibs golf day, along with ... Neil Berry, Wayne Foster, Donald Park, Jackie McNamara Snr, Bomber Brown, Ralph Callaghan and Eamon Bannon to name just a few. 1.30pm shotgun start, four balls, two best combined net scores and 124 won it.

Enough info for you ???

Romanov Stole My Pension

Anyone that even thinks about comparing the state of affairs at Hearts NOW to back when Robinson was in charge is simply daft.

Legend Claws
letsmakesomenoise has hit the nail on the head,by accusing these guys of earning something out of save our hearts,apart from derek who earned a wage during the campaign,all the rest of the guys would have been out of pocket,and you wonder why nobody wants to get involved in another protest group,plenty people on this board with lots to say,but havent even managed anything more than a few meaningless polls.

Yeah wild accusation made there, maybe even libelous. I am a very close relative to one of the people he is accusing and I have to say he did not make a penny out of all the work he put in to come up with the alternative plan for Tynie that was widely well received by everyone apart from CR. He also donated 5-6 figure sums of money to the cause.

Anyone that even thinks about comparing the state of affairs at Hearts NOW to back when Robinson was in charge is simply daft.

May be daft now.

But the potential is for a worse situation than the Pieman situation as Romanov runs the course of his time at Hearts.

For example, the Pieman's plan would have seen something of a Hearts team playing albeit at Murrayfield. If VR's empire crashes it is possible that there is no Hearts team in future.

Colonel Kurtz

LD did not make money out of the Hearts deals.

It is easy for people who held nominal amounts of shares to say he shouldnt have sold,but if you were talking about a substantial percentage of your wealth being lost ,then you would take a different tact.

I posted on here at the time that it would be folly to give Romanov total control,despite the advice been given by Lord Dode and Co.,but when it happened,I sold my shares and it was only a couple thousand.

Hearts supporters seem desperate for a visible scapegoat,on whom to vent their spleen,this is a natural reaction but to paraphrase ....The stadium is in Edinburgh,but the serpent lies coiled in Vilnius.

doctor jambo
May be daft now.

But the potential is for a worse situation than the Pieman situation as Romanov runs the course of his time at Hearts.

For example, the Pieman's plan would have seen something of a Hearts team playing albeit at Murrayfield. If VR's empire crashes it is possible that there is no Hearts team in future.

Disagree entirely

Over the duration of his tenure the debt is now comparable with when he took over (OK he got lucky with CG transfer money) so things financially are not WORSE

He only needs to make one easy small step to push us forward (he may never take that step, but it exists)

CPR worsened our financial position and the only step we had left was a nightmarish scenario

People get too caught up in the anti-Vlad ranting- compare him to CPR? Too far apart as to be unbelievable, lets not be hysterical

Disagree entirely

Over the duration of his tenure the debt is now comparable with when he took over (OK he got lucky with CG transfer money) so things financially are not WORSE

He only needs to make one easy small step to push us forward (he may never take that step, but it exists)

CPR worsened our financial position and the only step we had left was a nightmarish scenario

People get too caught up in the anti-Vlad ranting- compare him to CPR? Too far apart as to be unbelievable, lets not be hysterical

My point is that the Pieman's time is done. VR still has the potential to make things worse. I suspect that at some point there will be a crash in his empire and he will be forced to sell of Hearts assets.

By the way I would say that the financial situation is much worse than it was when the Pieman left (on a standalone basis - ex of the charity from Ukio Bankas/UBIG - a big 'ex' of course). The stadium is worth less and the players are certainly worth less (no Gordon, Webster, Hartley etc).

Colonel Kurtz
My point is that the Pieman's time is done. VR still has the potential to make things worse. I suspect that at some point there will be a crash in his empire and he will be forced to sell of Hearts assets.

By the way I would say that the financial situation is much worse than it was when the Pieman left (on a standalone basis - ex of the charity from Ukio Bankas/UBIG - a big 'ex' of course). The stadium is worth less and the players are certainly worth less (no Gordon, Webster, Hartley etc).

In the current climate we couldnt sell the ground for development,nobody would touch it.

CRs timing of the sale was spot on if nothing else.

Simply put - 4 years ago I could see no way out of the financial mess we were in - now I don't even give it a 2nd thought.

Even if we sold Tynecastle I think we would be in a comparable position to where we were pre VR.

Colonel Kurtz
Simply put - 4 years ago I could see no way out of the financial mess we were in - now I don't even give it a 2nd thought.

Even if we sold Tynecastle I think we would be in a comparable position to where we were pre VR.

Nobody would but the land ,the are developers in Edinburgh trying to punt blocks of twenty properties.

Yeah wild accusation made there, maybe even libelous. I am a very close relative to one of the people he is accusing and I have to say he did not make a penny out of all the work he put in to come up with the alternative plan for Tynie that was widely well received by everyone apart from CR. He also donated 5-6 figure sums of money to the cause.

only one name got money the others names got respect

NoseLikeMahe

I believe LD can be spotted in the boardroom with Vlad's cronies before and after every home game. What a rebel.

Archived