Like watching a car crash

Jake Gittes

Jake Gittes

Why Vlad sat on his hands for 5 months waiting on McGhee to say yes with no plan B if he said no is only proof of our dear leaders arrogance. McGhee was never going to stay anyway. Vlad should have known that he would have been off to the East End of Glasgow ASAP. Why would he want someone with such obvious old firm connections? - a major blunder

The manger search has only really been on for 4 weeks not 6 months. Weiss clearly thinks the job is toxic and cannot put up with the level of interference from Vlad he would have to. The Icelander boy sounds a muppet with a poor tack record anyway.

I almost want to see Frail and Korabochka back to see how the website tries to explain the reasons why unlike any other club we could not find a manager after a 6 month search

maroonlegions
Why Vlad sat on his hands for 5 months waiting on McGhee to say yes with no plan B if he said no is only proof of our dear leaders arrogance. McGhee was never going to stay anyway. Vlad should have known that he would have been off to the East End of Glasgow ASAP. Why would he want someone with such obvious old firm connections? - a major blunder

The manger search has only really been on for 4 weeks not 6 months. Weiss clearly thinks the job is toxic and cannot put up with the level of interference from Vlad he would have to. The Icelander boy sounds a muppet with a poor tack record anyway.

I almost want to see Frail and Korabochka back to see how the website tries to explain the reasons why unlike any other club we could not find a manager after a 6 month search

vlad has cut of his nose to spite his face for far too long and now and we are seeing the natural outcome of his actions in the fact that no decent manager will touch us unless he changes his ways, sad as it is , he either changes or we suffer bottom six dog fights , is this the way he wants to run Hearts after all he is here to make money , it beggars belief how he can to be as rich as he is , would he make these kind of decisions in any of his other business ventures , mmm, no so WHY is he doing to Hearts.:confused::mad:

Guest jambomickey

over the years anytime the vacancy for manager of hearts has become available there's been a long list wanting the job! why not now? because we being run by a paranoid control freak.

Charlie-Brown

If Hearts held on for McGhee then it's obvious McGhee must have given them strong enough indications that he would come otherwise why would they wait for him?

Weiss has to choose between 2 job offers one of which is to manage his national team, if it was a scottish manager having to choose between a foreign club or the national team then he'd be under big pressure to take the Scotland job so I imagine the same would be true in Slovakia.

Toxteth O'Grady
If Hearts held on for McGhee then it's obvious McGhee must have given them strong enough indications that he would come otherwise why would they wait for him?

Weiss has to choose between 2 job offers one of which is to manage his national team, if it was a scottish manager having to choose between a foreign club or the national team then he'd be under big pressure to take the Scotland job so I imagine the same would be true in Slovakia.

When is he supposed to make his decision?

Is he in hiding?

Are we still waiting on him?

Is nothing else happening?

Jam Tarts 1874
over the years anytime the vacancy for manager of hearts has become available there's been a long list wanting the job! why not now? because we being run by a paranoid control freak.

Long list wanting the job? Is that why the following Mangers were appointed?

Harvey, Seith, Hagart, Ormond, Moncur, Ford, MacDonald, Jardine, Jordan, Clark, McLean, Jeffries, Levein, Robertson. Yes, these guys were the pick of the bunch at the time :rolleyes:

You have me convinced by your inane ramblings that you are a hobo or just a child.

Charlie-Brown
When is he supposed to make his decision?

Is he in hiding?

Are we still waiting on him?

Is nothing else happening?

Artmedia have given him a deadline of monday when he is supposed to be being interviewed for the Slovakia job, Weiss says he is still considering where he will work next season and will say more when he knows, are Hearts still waiting on him or looking elsewhere then who knows - maybe both?

The Scottish media meanwhile only seem to be able to react to our stories after the event / or speculate and don't seem to have much idea or be able to find out what's happening next.

The Old Tolbooth

Harvey, Seith, Hagart, Ormond, Moncur, Ford, MacDonald, Jardine, Jordan, Clark, McLean, Jeffries, Levein, Robertson. Yes, these guys were the pick of the bunch at the time :rolleyes:

You have me convinced by your inane ramblings that you are a hobo or just a child.

With the salary that's on offer for the current Hearts managers position (allegedly, or it could be more lies), applicants should be beating down the door to take the job.

The managers you list above were never offered such a financial carrot in the past, and ALL of them are better than the pish we've had to endure under the bampot, with the exception of Burley (Hmmm, why was he sacked again?)

Tell me why you think that no one wants the Hearts job these days if Vlad the great is doing such a wonderful job and speaks the truth all the time as you so firmly believe.

He couldn't even tempt a manager away from Motherwell ffs, who are a MUCH smaller club than us, and pay MUCH smaller wages than us, but he's still wonderful in your eyes. :confused:

portobellojambo1

To reverse that Jam Tarts 1874, since you have indicated on another thread that you keep 100% up to date with everything around Hearts can you search into your archives of knowledge and remind me of all those times this football club went for a period of 32 months without a football manager being in place. I cannot be ersed trawling, but I am sure with your at hand wealth of knowledge you will be able to supply the relevant details (i.e October 2005 to June 2008 = 32 months). You don't have to go back to day 1 of the club's existence, but certainly if you could cover the last 100 years it would be appreciated.

Toxteth O'Grady
Artmedia have given him a deadline of monday when he is supposed to be being interviewed for the Slovakia job, Weiss says he is still considering where he will work next season and will say more when he knows, are Hearts still waiting on him or looking elsewhere then who knows - maybe both?

The Scottish media meanwhile only seem to be able to react to our stories after the event / or speculate and don't seem to have much idea or be able to find out what's happening next.

OK so we should find out early in the week that he has decided to stay in Slovakia.

Our Journalists are rubbish and/or there is nothing else happening.

Charlie-Brown

None of the papers were talking about McGhee or Weiss or Thor prior to the stories breaking and in between times just trotted out Jefferies, Levein etc. without finding out what was going on between Hearts and the various candidates over weeks or months.

I wonder if Romanov is embarassed by these managers turning him down. He should be.

I suspect that rather than embarassment it will increase the bunker mentality though.

I wonder if Romanov is embarassed by these managers turning him down. He should be.

I suspect that rather than embarassment it will increase the bunker mentality though.

It won't be his fault Coco so no I doubt very much Romaknob has ever been embarassed in his life. He couldn't even be ersed sorting his diary out to travel to the UK to get our 'number 1' managerial target's signature even after over 30 months without an appropriate man. That shows how important he thinks Hearts are.

Apart from MM turning us down, no one knows anything for sure.

Anything reported by press/posters is pure speculation.

People can say we are a laughing stock because we don't have shortlist or targets keep turning us down or Mad Eddie is coming back, but who actually knows this for sure? Where is this info coming from?

I think we all just have to accept that until Vlad is ready to unveil the new manager (if he ever does) we're just gonna have to wait in the dark.

Well exactly, duh! Vlad's just an innocent wee lamb in all this. Poor dear.

He's not willing to hand over full control, if he was we'd have far more candidates for the job. Sure I can't wheel out 6 pages of documentation to back up my opinion but I have history showing it to be correct and a present where nobody will touch the job with yours.

So I win.

Very true its not Vlads fault . I think we should blame the SNP this time . What do you think.:hobofish::107years:

With the salary that's on offer for the current Hearts managers position (allegedly, or it could be more lies), applicants should be beating down the door to take the job.

The managers you list above were never offered such a financial carrot in the past, and ALL of them are better than the pish we've had to endure under the bampot, with the exception of Burley (Hmmm, why was he sacked again?)

Tell me why you think that no one wants the Hearts job these days if Vlad the great is doing such a wonderful job and speaks the truth all the time as you so firmly believe.

He couldn't even tempt a manager away from Motherwell ffs, who are a MUCH smaller club than us, and pay MUCH smaller wages than us, but he's still wonderful in your eyes. :confused:

The significant thing about that is... the manager of motherwell preffered to stay at motherwell...if it was about money...he would have came to hearts and collected his wages...this descision was based on what the job description at hearts entailed. It is quite obvious that no self respecting manager wants to be told how to do his job.

The Old Tolbooth
The significant thing about that is... the manager of motherwell preffered to stay at motherwell...if it was about money...he would have came to hearts and collected his wages...this descision was based on what the job description at hearts entailed. It is quite obvious that no self respecting manager wants to be told how to do his job.

Exactly, but Vlad is doing a great job and getting everything right according to the blind school on here :wacko:

letsmakesomenoise

We cannot find a manager because Mad Vlad McMad has made our proud club the laughing stock of Europe!

Gawd I hate that guy............................

To reverse that Jam Tarts 1874, since you have indicated on another thread that you keep 100% up to date with everything around Hearts can you search into your archives of knowledge and remind me of all those times this football club went for a period of 32 months without a football manager being in place. I cannot be ersed trawling, but I am sure with your at hand wealth of knowledge you will be able to supply the relevant details (i.e October 2005 to June 2008 = 32 months). You don't have to go back to day 1 of the club's existence, but certainly if you could cover the last 100 years it would be appreciated.

I think that would be when Levein was Head Coach!

Don't you just get the feeling that we are going to enter the new season with Stevie Frail in charge and a list of lame excuses as to why that is the case.

With the money on offer for the Head Coach/Managers position there should have been a short list the length of the M8 for the job. I wonder why it is that we are now in the position of being desperate for almost anyone to take the position?

jack D and coke

I really really hope Frail tells Romanov to ram it. Despite the stick he got towards the end of last season the situation would've been even worse had the other two clowns been left in charge.

Archived