reaction and out come

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

if we have a similar season like last season and finish 8th or 9th , no cup wins , diddy manager in place with no new quality signings , what do people think the fans reaction will be , will the above indeed break the camels back , will there be mass protests , massive non-renewals of STs, this really is vlads chance to get it right , if h:mad:e does not then i fear massive upheaval from the fans.

Guest jambomickey

how many times do you hear that mate? romanov could almost commit mass murder and some hearts fans would try to defend him! since george burly and phil anderton went we been a shambles.

The Old Tolbooth

I cant believe some people haven't had enough already.

If someones partner cheated on them and lied to them as much as Vlad has to us, then I'm quite sure we would all have done something about it by now. I honestly believe Vlad could pump some folks wifes on here rigid and they would still find an excuse to defend him ffs!

Jam Tarts 1874
I cant believe some people haven't had enough already.

If someones partner cheated on them and lied to them as much as Vlad has to us, then I'm quite sure we would all have done something about it by now. I honestly believe Vlad could pump some folks wifes on here rigid and they would still find an excuse to defend him ffs!

What are these lies? Please give more detail, I read the papers, listen to the news and check websites every day, I don't know of these lies. Maybe you just made them up?

Happy Hearts
What are these lies? Please give more detail, I read the papers, listen to the news and check websites every day, I don't know of these lies. Maybe you just made them up?

Good posts from the other guys, 100% agree. Jam Tarts - you are one deluded fool.

The Old Tolbooth

Morning Rodney, I suggest you get your guide dog to read through post after post after post for the last 3 years and then wake up and smell the coffee.

What lies has he told? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Are you here all week? :)

Dirk Diggler
Good posts from the other guys, 100% agree. Jam Tarts - you are one deluded fool.

Perhaps instead of dishing out abuse you could answer his question?

Charlie-Brown

If Hearts have continually poor seasons then supporters will drift away, this was true in the past and remains true now - we already witnessed how Hearts support decline between 1965-1982 with falling attendance levels, they started to grow again when the team started doing better in the eighties and have risen / fallen in line with the teams fortunes on the pitch.

Some people might demonstrate as this also happened in this past but these protests didn't really change much, they certainly never stopped the sale of players or the stadium, some team managers got the chop though, but the only real difference was made when Mercer, Deans & Robinson then Romanov put up enough money to change the club ownership and change direction.

If Hearts have continually poor seasons then supporters will drift away, this was true in the past and remains true now - we already witnessed how Hearts support decline between 1965-1982 with falling attendance levels, they started to grow again when the team started doing better in the eighties and have risen / fallen in line with the teams fortunes on the pitch.

If I remember rightly the first year we were relegated we had the third largest home crowds in Scotland despite being in the 1st division.

Charlie-Brown
If I remember rightly the first year we were relegated we had the third largest home crowds in Scotland despite being in the 1st division.

We did but we have always been a well supported club in Scotland - generally though from the mid-sixties until the early eighties Hearts level of support was in decline (as was most of football at the time) - i was at the Hearts v Dundee game that had approx 20K attendance and was a record for the 1st Division (Tier 2) - Hibs crowds also increased in the 1st Division in 1999 after they got relegated last time......but generally crowds rise & fall in line with good or bad teams and future expectations.

Aye, I recall Hearts & Dundee clashing in the 1st Div..... with nearly 20,000 watching the game. However that was the same effect the Hobos got when they dropped down in 98 :P. Just like ourselves, they were scattering teams 3 and 4-0 and the fans WILL turn up to see that any day of the week

More to the point though, if I'm correct in seeing where you are going with this :P ,Hearts always were No 3 club in Scotland ................however that potential WAS mismanaged and allowed to fritter away LONG before VR took over the reins

If Hearts were to finish in the bottom half of the SPL again this season it would be a clear sign, if not already clear enough, that the regime no longer have the best interests of HMFC, the supporters and the history of this footballing institution at heart.

This could only lead to one possible outcome in my view and it wouldn't be pretty.

Charlie-Brown
If Hearts were to finish in the bottom half of the SPL again this season it would be a clear sign, if not already clear enough, that the regime no longer have the best interests of HMFC, the supporters and the history of this footballing institution at heart.

This could only lead to one possible outcome in my view and it wouldn't be pretty.

It depends how that happened Dave - for example if a manager came in and cleared out many of the high earners and built a young team around the clubs own players then it is possible that the team might finish in the bottom half of the league - a similar thing happened at Easter Road when they cleared out Latapy etc and started to play Murray, Riordan, O'Connor, Brown, Thomson, Whittaker etc and that proved to be a basis for future progress even though Hibs finished in the bottom 6.

If similar happened here would that then mean protests or would people find it acceptable?

It depends how that happened Dave - for example if a manager came in and cleared out many of the high earners and built a young team around the clubs own players then it is possible that the team might finish in the bottom half of the league - a similar thing happened at Easter Road when they cleared out Latapy etc and started to play Murray, Riordan, O'Connor, Brown, Thomson, Whittaker etc and that proved to be a basis for future progress even though Hibs finished in the bottom 6.

If similar happened here would that then mean protests or would people find it acceptable?

Due to his complete lack of understanding of football it wouldn't matter what us the support thought, Romaknob would empty any manager finishing in the bottom 6. Don't kid yourself that there is a plan like this, there is NO PLAN.

Pants Shaton

If (when) the same thing happens this coming season, Vlad will issue a statement in January where he acknowledges the problems and assures us they will be addressed.

He will also fire a broadside to the media and footballing authorities and possibly also Edinburgh Council, who he will blame for the inevitable delay in commencing stadium redevelopment.

Some fans will react with incredulity that he believes he can get away with that tactic again.

Those same fans will react with astonishment as many of their fellow Hearts fans begin to defend Romanov and offer him consent in the form of another round of season ticket renewals.

Repeat ad infinitum until our club is well and truly down the sh*tter.

You must be a hobo to come out with that. :rolleyes::hobofish::107years:

if we have a similar season like last season and finish 8th or 9th , no cup wins , diddy manager in place with no new quality signings , what do people think the fans reaction will be , will the above indeed break the camels back , will there be mass protests , massive non-renewals of STs, this really is vlads chance to get it right , if h:mad:e does not then i fear massive upheaval from the fans.

Do you really think it should be left that long...next season?

I hope if we do not see a proper manager appointed by the 30th of june I hope we fans are united and are in his face and letting him know about our disgust at the way things have been left rott at our club.

jan 1st statement....that was not a figment of our imagination....it really was presented to us...it must be acted upon!

Craig Gordons Gloves
unbelieveable, that some still believe that vlad doesn't lie

"i will be at every home game until the end of the season" (ok, not the exact quote but he said something to that effect.

How many games did he then attend? 1

So - to back up what you just said Turnkey - how people can believe he doesnt lie is beyond me.

Hibs crowds also increased in the 1st Division in 1999 after they got relegated last time.

That's a myth. Hibs' crowds dropped when in Division One.

Strangely enough they went up dramatically in the season that they were relegated.

Valid shout NMH.

If that were to happen as you say, i personally could handle a bottom six finish if the foundations of something more leng-term were being put in place. Youth given a chance blended with a few quality acquisitions and a 'valid' managererial appointment.

PresidentRomanov

Basis for future progress - they sold every player you've mentioned :wacko:

unbelieveable, that some still believe that vlad doesn't lie

My personal favourite was the one about any player leaving Hearts would be replaced by someone of an equal or better standard.

What a complete load of Barry White that was.

Pants Shaton

Hearts fans expectations are right back at rock bottom - normal service resumed.

We (I'll speak for everyone here) just want a manager with full authority over team selection, tactics and discipline.

I'd be delighted to see us build in a sustainable manner.

The tragedy is that had the initial Romanov spending spree been a little more judicious we could have built a team with a mix of experienced SPL players (Robson, McDonald, Boyd, Whittaker etc.), the foreign imports (Kingston etc.) and some of our up and coming youngsters. The failure to do so, along with the managerial farce, is what makes the past 2 years so disappointing.

My personal favourite was the one about any player leaving Hearts would be replaced by someone of an equal or better standard.

What a complete load of Barry White that was.

Gordon chucked one in the net v Celtic 06/07 at Torbet Towers....Kurkis done the same at Ibrox last season. Same standard.:rolleyes:

Archived