If Frail gets the Job?

eastyhmfc87

eastyhmfc87

Evening

i was just thinking, what would your thoughts be if Shaggy got the job but was given decent funds? Would you be happy?

I met stevie last friday and really felt sorry for the guy, even though i was the first to slag him about his abilities.

He told me about all the goings on at Hearts.

How Korobocha couldn't be bothered to take the reserves.

Mentioned he had Nicholson, Pearson, McDonald and Gow on the famous list.

Also that Seve failed a medical with us :sad:

I asked him about wee Deek but he said he spoke to him on the fne but Deek was happy at the tic in the reserves????

Had a lot of good words to say about McGowan and Visconte but the jury's out on Copil and Kostadinov.

Seemed a top bloke, good luck wherever he ends up.

P.S he was 100% picking the team

cheers

Dirk Diggler

If Frail was telling you all that he deserves to end up on the Rock 'n' Roll.

Not that I believe for a minute he did.

Dirk Diggler
Well mate you don't have to believe me

And you don't have to give two hoots on my opinion either.

Well mate you don't have to believe me

I too met SF a good few months ago whilst we were both waiting for a taxi. It was just after the last aberdeen game that Velicka played in. I didn't bother posting at the time about the conversation because I knew there would be doubters. Anyway, I was surprised how decent a bloke he seemed to be. Similar to what eastyhmfc87 has said, he told me he had been given full control of the team but that VR had tried to stop him playing AV in the Aberdeen game because he "looked tired". SF decided to play him. I asked him if he ever looked at kickback and he said he did occasionally and that the fans sometimes forget that he really wants the best for hearts. I think he was manager at an unfortunate time. We won't be able to tell how good a manager SF really is until he goes to a club in a lower league where he's given full control.

crazy_jambo_2006

Met Frail. Really likeable guy. I'd rather he got the job than some random foreign nobody. At least Frail wants Hearts to do well. Obviously I'd like a big name manager (foreign or British) but which big name manager would want the job?

i don't think anybody doubts that he wants the best for hearts he just does not have the skills yet to be our manager. i would like him to stay in some capacity though

heartsfc_fan

I think Stevie is a great guy, but we have to remember he doesn't have the UEFA license to become a manager

Dagger Is Back

If what you say is true and Frail was 100% responsible for picking the team and you'd presume tactics, he deserves to be hung, drawn and quartered IMO.

He should never be allowed near Tynie again - shocking team selection and a god awful formation.

p.s. Anyone that thinks Clum is a player should walk automatically.

p.p.s. Couldn't give a toss if he's a nice guy. I'm a nice guy but it doesn't make me any good at running a football team.

p.p.p.s Couldn't give a toss if he wants the best for HMFC, I want the best for HMFC too but..................

Carl Spackler

I'm sure SF is a good guy and has Hearts at heart. IMO so am I but I wouldn't trust myself to take on a football management job.

I've said before that for his efforts he should be kept on but he's only ever really coached young lads successfully and there were several Hearts' performances after January that really did not cut it. The drubbing by Rangers at Tynecastle was wholly unacceptable.

Sorry Stevie. It's a cliche now but the lads calling you "Shaggy" says it all.

I'll not accept anything but a "proper" manager. And bloody smartish.

Lochend Brazil
If what you say is true and Frail was 100% responsible for picking the team and you'd presume tactics, he deserves to be hung, drawn and quartered IMO.

He should never be allowed near Tynie again - shocking team selection and a god awful formation.

p.p.s. Couldn't give a toss if he's a nice guy. I'm a nice guy but it doesn't make me any good at running a football team.

p.p.p.s Couldn't give a toss if he wants the best for HMFC, I want the best for HMFC too but..................

Bravo

Forgot to mention popstar Stewart not being put through a Saw type audition to retain his Jersey or his poor excuses for losing silly points in the last couple of games before the break.

Let the games begin.

If it's a choice between Frail or some East European t**t give me Shaggy any time. At least he is 100% Hearts like the rest of us.

This gies me a laugh because you're right! If he had full control why did he consistently pick oor Clum and the team sheets were an embarrassment at times. All i'm saying was that he was a decent bloke to talk to, I completely agree with what yer saying tho!!!!!!

The other thing I did think was....why didn't he walk away if the jambos were so important to him. Why didn't he protect his reputation?? Was it all just about money? I do however agree that it would be good if he remained in the setup perhaps as youth coach.

Rick Grimes

they could employ Mickey Mouse & i'd be happy, at least if he was given complete control over the team. that alone would signal the biggest shift we need at the moment.

i'd like him fired & replaced with someone better soon after tho!

portobellojambo1

I don't think there is any doubt Stevie Frail is a good guy, nor any doubt that he has a lot of time for HMFC. However these qualities have become meaningless within our present situation. He had been pushed into the job for a reason, and I suspect that reason is that Romanov had a certain amount of control over him, because I simply do not believe Frail had 100% control of team selection, he has told people that was not the case. I do not think he was ready for a management position at the time he was given it, but he was given it, the control/influence factor was there, but I also suspect that the club knew back then that we would be in the same position we are now, no fecker wants the manager's job.

You cannot blame Frail for that, Christ you cannot even blame Chris Robinson for that, there is only one person who has made the manager's position at HMFC this unattractive to potential incumbents (possibly 2 if you include & Son ) and that man is Vladimir Romanov.

People are saying they will not go back until a proper manager is in place, I think these people will have to resign themselves to the fact that while Romanov remains at Tynecastle Hearts and a proper manager is not a possibility, or the position would already have been filled, and it could be a while before they are back watching the club.

If we do get a new manager we will get one of Romanov's choice, and you do not have to be a rocket scientist to realise what will be asked of him by Romanov, and the first person that says yes you can safely assume will not have full control over those areas we are looking for him/her to have full control over.

Guest jambomickey

stevie frail was thrown in at the deep end to try and pick up the pieces from that awful pre season last year! our season was set to fail as soon as that clown tried to prepare the players last pre season.

Evening

i was just thinking, what would your thoughts be if Shaggy got the job but was given decent funds? Would you be happy?

I met stevie last friday and really felt sorry for the guy, even though i was the first to slag him about his abilities.

He told me about all the goings on at Hearts.

How Korobocha couldn't be bothered to take the reserves.

Mentioned he had Nicholson, Pearson, McDonald and Gow on the famous list.

Also that Seve failed a medical with us :sad:

I asked him about wee Deek but he said he spoke to him on the fne but Deek was happy at the tic in the reserves????

Had a lot of good words to say about McGowan and Visconte but the jury's out on Copil and Kostadinov.

Seemed a top bloke, good luck wherever he ends up.

P.S he was 100% picking the team

cheers

That means he was picking Clum. ( a bind man with a stick could see clum is not good enough):wacko:

Nookie Bear
That means he was picking Clum. ( a bind man with a stick could see clum is not good enough):wacko:

I know!

And he refused to play Drogba, Villa and Ronaldo....all these guys were sitting on the bench but SF simply refused to use them. Madness!!

HUGE reality check needed by many on here as per usual. SF is not the ideal candidate but to blame him for finishing 8th or any of our current problems plays right into Vlad's hands.

Who's the lapdog now?

Dagger Is Back
I know!

And he refused to play Drogba, Villa and Ronaldo....all these guys were sitting on the bench but SF simply refused to use them. Madness!!

HUGE reality check needed by many on here as per usual. SF is not the ideal candidate but to blame him for finishing 8th or any of our current problems plays right into Vlad's hands.

Who's the lapdog now?

I'm certainly not apportioning 100% of the blame for last years position at SF's feet but he is culpable IF he was responsible for picking the team, tactics etc.

1) Clum is not and never will be an SPL player - his loan spell at Motherwell proved that. He's a 1st division player at best

2) If SF chose a 4/5/1 formation for us he deserves to be shot

3) Some of his substitutions were baffling to say the least

4) We still have problems with team bonding within the squad. Part of that responsibility lies with SF. The problem has been with us for what 2 years now? and still SF hasn't resolved it

You're right VR HAS caused the majority of our issues but regardless of that SF just isn't up to the job.

Bunny Munro
I'm certainly not apportioning 100% of the blame for last years position at SF's feet but he is culpable IF he was responsible for picking the team, tactics etc.

1) Clum is not and never will be an SPL player - his loan spell at Motherwell proved that. He's a 1st division player at best

2) If SF chose a 4/5/1 formation for us he deserves to be shot

3) Some of his substitutions were baffling to say the least

4) We still have problems with team bonding within the squad. Part of that responsibility lies with SF. The problem has been with us for what 2 years now? and still SF hasn't resolved it

You're right VR HAS caused the majority of our issues but regardless of that SF just isn't up to the job.

1. Although i think CE could play at this level with the right amount of confidence, i agree he will never be a HMFC player. Although surely he's better than a unfit injured Nade, or playing Glen too often and burning him out.

2. See above point, either play elliot, or play with 1 striker (Mole, occasionally Glen.)

3. Some were, yes (like Wallace for Jose with 5 minutes to go losing a cup semifinal), and some were too "like for like" however, some worked (Zali upfront) and his abilty to work with subs can only improve over time.

4. Rome wasnt built in a day, from what i saw the team looked more like a team in the last few months (exculing 4-0 rangers) than they have looked for a long time.

SF isn't, and shouldn't be anyones first choice, but i'd rather have him than just apointing malofeev/other pyramid fud for the sake of hiring somone.

Gigolo-Aunt

I felt for Frail at times last season but ended up going to the other extreme of starting to dislike the guy.

His constant contradictions in the media coupled with bizarre to say the least decisions on the park showed why he should be demoted or leave the club.

Stating that Glen needs protecting then in the following game admitting that he was advised to take him off but left him on as we were chasing a game that meant nothing is just one.

Playing the players that had let us down in the last game against Gretna and admitting it was the players second chance (on the last game of the season) and how it was not the right game to play yougsters (against Gretna in the last game of the season)

He then went on to say in the following days that it is hard to motivate players in games that mean nothing at the end of the season.

Charlie-Brown

I think the chances of Frail being the manager on a permanent basis this season are slim, still 3 weeks until the first friendlies and a further 3-4 weeks after that until the opening SPL games.

Gigolo-Aunt
I think the chances of Frail being the manager on a permanent basis this season are slim, still 3 weeks until the first friendlies and a further 3-4 weeks after that until the opening SPL games.

Its been over 6 months since the statement, Charlie - and still we dont have anyone in place.

Dont think you can blame posters for thinking the worst on this.

Hopefully you are right.

:)

Charlie-Brown
Its been over 6 months since the statement, Charlie - and still we dont have anyone in place.

Dont think you can blame posters for thinking the worst on this.

Hopefully you are right.

:)

True GA but they spent 5 of those 6 months waiting for Mark McGhee, whether that was a wise thing to do we've already debated, and the last 2 weeks discussing Thor & Weiss so it's not as if there has been inactivity in the last month or so.

If Weiss decides tomorrow then this search will either be ended or continue.

Anyway I think we will have a manager appointed before the season begins.

Only a Game

I think he's got more chance than Jefferies,Davies,Levein,Thordason and Zygmatovic(sp) at this moment and he's got a GREAT chance if Weiss really does knock us back (or we knock him back)

Its getting too late to start another shortlist and IF we havent bent on the 100% control thing by now, it looks unlikely we are going to and we're going to get someone we know will accept it, or someone else from somewhere else that will.

Gigolo-Aunt
True GA but they spent 5 of those 6 months waiting for Mark McGhee, whether that was a wise thing to do we've already debated, and the last 2 weeks discussing Thor & Weiss so it's not as if there has been inactivity in the last month or so.

If Weiss decides tomorrow then this search will either be ended or continue.

Anyway I think we will have a manager appointed before the season begins.

All true. Fact is, you cant blame fans for getting a little jumpy.

Lets hope your last sentance comes to fruit (also the right man)

if frail gets the gig? if frail gets the job permantly and officially takes the title of our permanent manager do you think vlad will declare he has fulfilled the jan statement?

what would your opinions be in this respect?

In a strange way, I'd now almost be relieved if Frail got the job. Never thought that I'd say that, but I've got visions of this Zygmatovich guy and they aren't pleasant.

Pants Shaton
i don't think anybody doubts that he wants the best for hearts he just does not have the skills yet to be our manager. i would like him to stay in some capacity though

Well I doubt it.

He has Steven Frail's interests at heart - fair enough.

If he wanted the best for Hearts he would have walked away from the circus and told the truth. He has lied to the fans to protect his own employment prospects; he has a family to support and bills to pay and I can't criticise him. What I won't do is have him labelled as some innocent saintly bystander - he's not.

Well I doubt it.

He has Steven Frail's interests at heart - fair enough.

If he wanted the best for Hearts he would have walked away from the circus and told the truth. He has lied to the fans to protect his own employment prospects; he has a family to support and bills to pay and I can't criticise him. What I won't do is have him labelled as some innocent saintly bystander - he's not.

I'd agree with that, think that people get caught up in what they've read in the Evening News.

Frail was quite happy to own up to picking the team when we were doing well, then as soon as we started doing badly it was back to dropping hints about interference - much as he'd been doing before having to state publicly that he was picking the team. I don't believe that Romanov has had much input recently - he hasn't been acting like someone who cares much about any other aspect of the team, so it just seems unlikely.

As it is, Frail will leave Hearts with his reputation enhanced and better job prospects than he had previously - can't blame him for the way that he's behaved, but he's not the poor wee soul that he's been made out to be.

I realise that this could've been posted on any of the 4892390 or so Frail threads that have gone previously, but I just couldn't be arsed at that stage.

I felt for Frail at times last season but ended up going to the other extreme of starting to dislike the guy.

His constant contradictions in the media coupled with bizarre to say the least decisions on the park showed why he should be demoted or leave the club.

Stating that Glen needs protecting then in the following game admitting that he was advised to take him off but left him on as we were chasing a game that meant nothing is just one.

Playing the players that had let us down in the last game against Gretna and admitting it was the players second chance (on the last game of the season) and how it was not the right game to play yougsters (against Gretna in the last game of the season)

He then went on to say in the following days that it is hard to motivate players in games that mean nothing at the end of the season.

Agreed.

His early statements referred to problems in the dressing room, he commented on players "not caring enough" and the team being outfought.

Comments like that when he arrived sounded honest, frank and believable. Comments like that months after he took charge suggest he is failing to do his job.

Watching Frail's Hearts team was a horrible experience, I would actually rather have the boy Zygmantovic from Kaunas in charge.

I am sure he is an awfy nice guy to have a beer with, former players and coaches all remark about how nice a guy he is, but we need a manager that will boot these players up the backside. "Shaggy", as he is referred to by his staff, is not that man.

I liked Stevie as a player and he seems like a decent guy..............however none of that SHOULD carry any weight when judging him in the dugout.

I dont think he is ready for the post ( aye he may learn ) and his past close involvement with the players is clearly a hindrance where the enforcement of discipline is concerned.

More to the point though, if he gets the gig ( and I know he's not got the badges anyway ) it wil mean that we have been unable to get anyone else ( and surely there is SOMEBODY desperate enough ) or, in truth, we HAVE NOT EVEN TRIED to get someone alse :sad:

letsmakesomenoise

I really couldn't care less. I've come to the opinion that until Mad Vlad McMad sells up and beggers off, its doesn't matter a feck who's manager.

All our players want to leave! What does that tell you FFS! We are a car crash club.

Agreed.

His early statements referred to problems in the dressing room, he commented on players "not caring enough" and the team being outfought.

Comments like that when he arrived sounded honest, frank and believable. Comments like that months after he took charge suggest he is failing to do his job.

Watching Frail's Hearts team was a horrible experience, I would actually rather have the boy Zygmantovic from Kaunas in charge.

I am sure he is an awfy nice guy to have a beer with, former players and coaches all remark about how nice a guy he is, but we need a manager that will boot these players up the backside. "Shaggy", as he is referred to by his staff, is not that man.

Completely agree and if we are going to have another yes man i would rather it was someone else. IMO Frail should not have a role at the club next season and i don't think he will.

Archived