Well done Steve Clarke

Mikey1874

Pasquale for King
10 hours ago, frankblack said:

Did he apply for the job?

If he applied to Killie then I would imagine he did, if not then they  obviously asked him as we should’ve done.

15 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Think he sees himself aa a potential candidate for Celtic if Rodgers leaves for Arsenal. 

As much chance of me leaving for Arsenal.

49 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Did Levein?

Who was better that would take the job?

Specific names please as you seem so sure of yourself.

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Who was better that would take the job?

Specific names please as you seem so sure of yourself.

That’s not answering the question I asked you or the point I made about Clarke is it. Clark is one name, Paulao Sergio is another but it’s not my job to do that it’s the boards. Budge said we had excellent applications, they bottled it and played safe as our manager does on the pitch. It’s a shame he doesn’t take such a cautious approach when signing players. If you think Levein is the answer I’m afraid that viewpoint is slowly changing after a second meek surrender in 6 days.

Great news for everyone and another indication that the Sevco job does not have the draw the Sevco gan s belibe it to have. Well done Mr Clarke massive respect from me for knocking it back. 

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

That’s not answering the question I asked you or the point I made about Clarke is it. Clark is one name, Paulao Sergio is another but it’s not my job to do that it’s the boards. Budge said we had excellent applications, they bottled it and played safe as our manager does on the pitch. It’s a shame he doesn’t take such a cautious approach when signing players. If you think Levein is the answer I’m afraid that viewpoint is slowly changing after a second meek surrender in 6 days.

Our primary candidate was Dougie Freedman, but Crystal Palace snatched him from us.

Clarke wasn't interested in the job then and isn't now.  If he had been interested he would have applied for it as he was out of work.

Paulo Sergio's recent record isn't good enough which is a perfectly good reason to reject his application.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Our primary candidate was Dougie Freedman, but Crystal Palace snatched him from us.

Clarke wasn't interested in the job then and isn't now.  If he had been interested he would have applied for it as he was out of work.

How do you know he didn’t apply? If he applied for the Killie job he would’ve applied for ours, he was desperate apparently. He’s now looking at bigger and better, hopefully soon so Killie can fall away again. As for Freedman he doesn’t have a great record and doesn’t seem to want to manage again, he’s got a cushy 

job now as DoFs seem to be untouchable eh?

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

How do you know he didn’t apply? If he applied for the Killie job he would’ve applied for ours, he was desperate apparently. He’s now looking at bigger and better, hopefully soon so Killie can fall away again. As for Freedman he doesn’t have a great record and doesn’t seem to want to manage again, he’s got a cushy 

job now as DoFs seem to be untouchable eh?

How do you know he did apply?  Are you trying to tell me he didn't get selected for interview after applying.

Maybe Clarke chose Killie after losing a gamble that a bigger job than Hearts would arrive?

Freedman was exactly the same type of candidate to Clarke except with a bit more management experience.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

How do you know he did apply?  Are you trying to tell me he didn't get selected for interview after applying.

Maybe Clarke chose Killie after losing a gamble that a bigger job than Hearts would arrive?

Freedman was exactly the same type of candidate to Clarke except with a bit more management experience.

Neither of us know either way do we, it’s likely though as you say he was out of work. Clark has more experience in management at a higher level, Freedman had more as a manager to be pedantic. It’s all in the past and we are getting nowhere arguing about it are we?

11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Neither of us know either way do we, it’s likely though as you say he was out of work. Clark has more experience in management at a higher level, Freedman had more as a manager to be pedantic. It’s all in the past and we are getting nowhere arguing about it are we?

The point still stands that who can we get right now that is a better candidate than we looked at in the summer?

The list looks pretty poor to me.

Seymour M Hersh
21 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

All over the media this morning he turned them down. He was the obvious candidate.

A brave decision. Possibly as with McInnes common sense regarding working for a basket case. 

Suppose he could have other options. But for me this is less about Rangers and more about Kilmarnock. Next season will be tougher. But hopefully he sees the potential to build something. 

And show Scottish football is about more than Rangers and Celtic. 

Waiting for the call from Budge obviously!! :pleased:

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, frankblack said:

The point still stands that who can we get right now that is a better candidate than we looked at in the summer?

The list looks pretty poor to me.

There’s managers/coaches all over the world that would do a better job than him, had anyone heard of Stephen Robinson or Tommy Wright etc ( not that I want either of these).

It should have been ten
On 27/04/2018 at 09:12, His name is said:

Rodgers will be no where near arsenal 

This!!

All Out Attack

Would love Clarke to be given the Hearts job.

Level headed guy, who can even get Chris Boyd to score goals. 

He would unite the support and adopt a positive mindset in the players in all games. 

With a whole close season to build a team, make him an offer. 

Levein is a bit like an old dog, in pain, who Budge doesn't want to put down. 

13 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

Would love Clarke to be given the Hearts job.

Level headed guy, who can even get Chris Boyd to score goals. 

He would unite the support and adopt a positive mindset in the players in all games. 

With a whole close season to build a team, make him an offer. 

Levein is a bit like an old dog, in pain, who Budge doesn't want to put down. 

Clarke is gunning for bigger jobs than Hearts and put himself in the shop window at Killie.

His family are down south and he clearly wants anothet English team.

Archived