Tonights Champions League

Morgan

Unknown user
16 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

When I first started reading that, I thought  I’d really upset you :lol:

You did, nowhere near vindictive enough!

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• CJGJ

• shaun.lawson

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

luckyBatistuta
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

You did, nowhere near vindictive enough!

:lol: must try harder next time.

colinmaroon

I thought Liverpool were incredibly sloppy tonight.

If that was the first game you saw Salah playing, you'd have wondered what all the fuss was about.

Even Fiminio got careless in 2nd half and Henderson, does he ever pass a ball forward.

Having said that, with better decision making in the last third, they could have few more.  I think they got a bit of the jitters and that doesn't bode well for the final, with Ramos diving all over the place very time a sparrow farts in Liverpool.

iantjambo
6 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

If that was the first game you saw Salah playing, you'd have wondered what all the fuss was about.

Even Fiminio got careless in 2nd half and Henderson, does he ever pass a ball forward.

Having said that, with better decision making in the last third, they could have few more.  I think they got a bit of the jitters and that doesn't bode well for the final, with Ramos diving all over the place very time a sparrow farts in Liverpool.

Agreed.

Robertson was their man of the match for me, with Mane not far behind.

SectionDJambo

I’ll make a prediction for the final. As the cameras show us round the stadium, there will be at least one Celtic top in the Liverpool crowd. They can’t help being surrogate fans to make up for being nowhere near this standard themselves. Everyone is supposed to love them and think they are the best. ?

iantjambo
36 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I’ll make a prediction for the final. As the cameras show us round the stadium, there will be at least one Celtic top in the Liverpool crowd. They can’t help being surrogate fans to make up for being nowhere near this standard themselves. Everyone is supposed to love them and think they are the best. ?

If Liverpool win then no doubt Celtic fans will somehow try to hijack the celebrations.

Seymour M Hersh

What odd supporters we have. One minute they decry anyone supporting an English team as being plastic or part-time the next they are spouting bile and vitriol toward an English team.  You have to laugh that they complain about the weejie bias in the media then compare an English team to one of the arsecheeks! 

It's a funny old game Saint!! 

Bridge of Djoum
6 hours ago, iantjambo said:

If Liverpool win then no doubt Celtic fans will somehow try to hijack the celebrations.

Maybe they'll bring out half and half sanitary pads...

8 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

I'm glad it's not just me that's got Ramos's card marked.  Surely the referees must be on to him, particularly if they're good enough to have the big games.

What really got my dander up was commentators pre match singing his praises.

He is an utter cheat.

The Old Tolbooth
10 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I’d like to know if Man City were joint favourites with bookies across the rest of Europe. I wouldn’t have put money on them winning it, that’s for sure. 

Liverpool were definitely a level above in the first leg and should have ended the tie as a contest. In the second leg though they weren’t and had to rely on shocking refereeing to see them go through.

Shocking refereeing to see Liverpool through? :lol::lol: (I'm guessing you blinked when they were awarded two pens for nothing over the two legs, and Liverpool denied a stonewaller last night, you mischievous wee scamp! :lol: 

I think people have seriously underestimated Roma here to be honest, this is a team that drew 3-3 with Chelsea at the Stamford Bridge, and then proceeded to thrash them 3-0 in the tie in Rome, this is a side who crumbled in Barcelona (like a lot of teams do to be fair), and had the character to come back and actually thrash them 3-0 to progress, an amazing achievement! 

Liverpool made Roma look like a schoolboy team in that first leg and could easily have rattled in double figures such was the dominance, and even in the first half last night, Liverpool bossed it and played the game at their own tempo after a hectic first ten mins. If it wasn't for the fact that 2 pens given that were never pens in a million years, and the biggest fluke of an own goal you're likely to see, Roma would have been dead and buried much sooner than they were and the scoreline flattered them massively. 

Liverpool absolutely deserve to be there, but Real madrid will be very tough opponents as they always seem to find of way by hook or by crook to win in this tournament, that said however, they're a poor 3rd in their league, miles behind a Barca side that they're not used to being so far behind, and were extremely lucky to get past both Juve and Munich (who outpllayed them both home and away and totally deserve to be in the final).

If Liverpool click in the final then they can win it, but if they show any fear to Real Madrid, then they'll lose it, it's a toss of a coin for me. 

John Findlay
3 hours ago, New York Fleapit said:

Maybe they'll bring out half and half sanitary pads...

Or tampon. Green and White tampon with red and white string. Wouldn't quite work the other way around.

Nookie Bear
9 hours ago, iantjambo said:

As will John Terry.

colinmaroon
2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I'm glad it's not just me that's got Ramos's card marked.  Surely the referees must be on to him, particularly if they're good enough to have the big games.

He is an utter cheat.

I obviously don't know him as a person but, as a footballer, good as he is, he is despicable. 

Exactly what I detest about cheats in a maximum dose.

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, johnmitchell said:

Shocking refereeing to see Liverpool through? :lol::lol: (I'm guessing you blinked when they were awarded two pens for nothing over the two legs, and Liverpool denied a stonewaller last night, you mischievous wee scamp! :lol: 

I think people have seriously underestimated Roma here to be honest, this is a team that drew 3-3 with Chelsea at the Stamford Bridge, and then proceeded to thrash them 3-0 in the tie in Rome, this is a side who crumbled in Barcelona (like a lot of teams do to be fair), and had the character to come back and actually thrash them 3-0 to progress, an amazing achievement! 

Liverpool made Roma look like a schoolboy team in that first leg and could easily have rattled in double figures such was the dominance, and even in the first half last night, Liverpool bossed it and played the game at their own tempo after a hectic first ten mins. If it wasn't for the fact that 2 pens given that were never pens in a million years, and the biggest fluke of an own goal you're likely to see, Roma would have been dead and buried much sooner than they were and the scoreline flattered them massively. 

Liverpool absolutely deserve to be there, but Real madrid will be very tough opponents as they always seem to find of way by hook or by crook to win in this tournament, that said however, they're a poor 3rd in their league, miles behind a Barca side that they're not used to being so far behind, and were extremely lucky to get past both Juve and Munich (who outpllayed them both home and away and totally deserve to be in the final).

If Liverpool click in the final then they can win it, but if they show any fear to Real Madrid, then they'll lose it, it's a toss of a coin for me. 

Well put John! An even handed and unbiased assessment of the two games imo! :thumbsup:

Like you I feel the reds have to show Madrid zero respect/fear in the final. But we have the ability to finish games in 20 minutes as we've shown over this campaign. 

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Well put John! An even handed and unbiased assessment of the two games imo! :thumbsup:

Like you I feel the reds have to show Madrid zero respect/fear in the final. But we have the ability to finish games in 20 minutes as we've shown over this campaign. 

Exactly mate, the amount we've scored in twenty minute bursts of genius this season has been quite remarkable, and it's killed teams off, we know we aren't good enough to keep it going against these teams for 90 mins, and it's like something clicks and they just go for it and finish it off, we also have a serious weakness with strength in depth as well, which is a concern for the final, but who cares, we're there! :D 

Edited by johnmitchell

Mikey1874

I think Zidane will get another season at Madrid now.

Its a good team and they may well win. But they will have to upgrade and refresh the squad in the summer. 

Liverpool just need to keep all their players. 

Stephane Grappelli
15 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

7 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

He is an utter cheat.

Utter, utter nonsense lads.  He plays on the edge like a lot of great players.

Edited by Stephane Grappelli

Europa League - On paper it looks like it'll be Atletico Madrid and Marseille in the final in Lyon. Imagine these two sets of fans clashing!

However, I think it will be Arsenal v Marseille after tonights games. Arsenal to sneak a wee 1-0 and a draw in Salzburg.

Andy Robertson had a great game again, he is by far the best left back from Scotland, watching Celtic fans try and justify their arguments for Tierney being a better player is hilarious. 

“but but but he’s younger/better at defending/a decendent of Brother Walfrid” all ridiculous :lol:  

chester copperpot
2 minutes ago, Texia said:

Andy Robertson had a great game again, he is by far the best left back from Scotland, watching Celtic fans try and justify their arguments for Tierney being a better player is hilarious. 

“but but but he’s younger/better at defending/a decendent of Brother Walfrid” all ridiculous :lol:  

I actually thought that Tierney was the better player at the start of the season.

I was wrong, by a long shot.

Mikey1874
5 minutes ago, Texia said:

Tierney needs to move to develop. It's the right time. 

Turkishcap

Was pleased for my Pool supporting buddy last night as he has suffered from cancer over the last year and is now on the slow road to recovery. He said he has never supported a Scottish team before.....but Hearts he said would be a good start. They are not all bad.

rudi must stay
5 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Ok start from Arsenal.

It's been good. Atletico don't look too clever at the back tonight

14 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Koscielny in a bad way. Looks very serious. 

Could be out the WC :sad:

7 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

It's been good. Atletico don't look too clever at the back tonight

Indeed. Arsenal need to take advantage now.

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Indeed. Arsenal need to take advantage now.

No need to rush. They have to continue to pass it around well, Atletico are a clever team. Wellbecks a lucky man, Europa league semi final and he's pointing to say who's there and making a bad pass. 

Bridge of Djoum

The more I see Godin the more I like him. Absolutely solid and always in the right place.

chester copperpot
Just now, New York Fleapit said:

The more I see Godin the more I like him. Absolutely solid and always in the right place.

Agreed. I dunno how one of the massive clubs haven't bought him by now.

He's top top drawer.

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, New York Fleapit said:

Yup, Godin is one of the best in the world. One of those centre backs that is in the category of valueless, as he's irreplaceable 

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, chester copperpot said:

He's top top drawer.

I don't think Atletico would ever sell him

Bridge of Djoum

He's top top drawer.

116 caps, still ''only'' 32. At that age he could still be at any club and be top notch for a couple of years. 

chester copperpot
Just now, rudi must stay said:

Money talks though chief

Just now, New York Fleapit said:

116 caps, still ''only'' 32. At that age he could still be at any club and be top notch for a couple of years. 

Yeah. Would love him beside Van Dijk at Liverpool.

3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

he cost atletico £6.6M 8 years ago, outstanding bit of robbery on atleticos part

rudi must stay

Money talks though chief

That's what annoying about the top clubs. Consistently in the Champions League, good sponsorship deals, humongous crowds, and they don't need to sell anyone. Whereas everyone else does

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Money talks though chief

or Berra at Hearts.

chester copperpot
1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

That's what annoying about the top clubs. Consistently in the Champions League, good sponsorship deals, humongous crowds, and they don't need to sell anyone. Whereas everyone else does

The gap's just going to keep getting wider and wider too mate.

chester copperpot
Just now, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

or Berra at Hearts.

And replace Souttar. No ta. ?