Tonights Champions League

Morgan

Mikey1874
3 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

RM won’t be quaking in their boots but Liverpool are much more attractive to watch than Madrid. Juventus put three past them at the Bernabeu. Liverpool have a big chance here. You have to give them some credit. 

Liverpool lost 6 goals to Roma 

Feeding time for Real 

But Liverpool showed they could defend v Man City. Need to repeat that first leg performance in final. 

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• CJGJ

• shaun.lawson

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stephane Grappelli
4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

So far that delusion has not been misplaced unlike the predictions of some

My 18/1 is looking pretty good right now...Liverpool have already knocked out Europe's best team

Madrid have knocked out the favourites in PSG, finalists in 2 of the last 3 Juventus and one of the best teams in recent years, Bayern.

Liverpool have a great front 3 but Madrid aren't exactly week in that area.  Both could defend better but it's the midfield that could be key. Casemiro, Kroos and Modric will be hard to take the ball from.

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I hope your next shite's a hedgehog!! :laugh:

Well thank you :laugh: I hope Damir Skomina’s next shite is a hedgehog, but I doubt it seeing as he’ll be fine dining for the foreseeable future.

If only Klopp would love life in Edinburgh !!!!!....just seems a real nice guy but you know their is an edge underneath all that public persona

Lucille's Thirsty
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Feeding time for Real 

But Liverpool showed they could defend v Man City. Need to repeat that first leg performance in final. 

I feel when Liverpool have breathing space in a game they get complacent and you saw that tonight in Rome.  A highly concentrated Liverpool side can keep a clean sheet.  60/40 in Real’s favour.

iantjambo

Liverpool are more than capable of scoring one more than any team they play. Whether it be 1-0 or 4-3.

Madrid will be very wary of them. I expect the final to be a cracker.

Stephane Grappelli
Just now, CJGJ said:

If only Klopp would love life in Edinburgh !!!!!....just seems a real nice guy but you know their is an edge underneath all that public persona

I think he's a prick. All happy to lucky when he's winning but crabbit as **** when things not going his way.

The man is an actor.

Lucille's Thirsty

Jurgen’s luck has too change sooner rather than later. 

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Feeding time for Real 

Just ignoring Reals loss to Juventus at home where they were so lucky and hardly impressd against Bayern Munich..I have seen nothing to make me feel I want to cash in on my bet

Lucille's Thirsty
Just now, Stephane Grappelli said:

I think he's a prick. All happy to lucky when he's winning but crabbit as **** when things not going his way.

The man is an actor.

Mourinho, Fergie and Wenger are exactly the same they are winners. Bad losers to godamn right.

1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

Liverpool are more than capable of scoring one more than any team they play. Whether it be 1-0 or 4-3.

Madrid will be very wary of them. I expect the final to be a cracker.

Interestingly there isn't much between their goal differences domestically. Both have conceded 37 and Liverpool have score 80 to Reals 82. 

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

Jurgen’s luck has too change sooner rather than later. 

True, perhaps he'll get some good luck in the final!! 

Stephane Grappelli
1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

Just ignoring Reals loss to Juventus at home where they were so lucky and hardly impressd against Bayern Munich..I have seen nothing to make me feel I want to cash in on my bet

Beat PSG home and away, won 0-3 at Juve and it should have been more.  They beat Bayern by one goal.  Liverpool beat a far weaker Roma team by one goal.

The man is an actor.

The manager of Europe's most exciting side and yet a Hearts fan wants to criticise him  ...well I never

You'd crawl on hands and knees to get him at our club and you know it...........as do many others on here

iantjambo
4 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

The man is an actor.

Isn’t that how it should be?

Sooperstar
15 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

So far that delusion has not been misplaced unlike the predictions of some

My 18/1 is looking pretty good right now...Liverpool have already knocked out Europe's best team

Cash it in now.

Beat PSG home and away, won 0-3 at Juve and it should have been more.  They beat Bayern by one goal.  Liverpool beat a far weaker Roma team by one goal.

So beating Manchester City 5-1 on aggregate is not good enough ?

Oh and Spurs beat Real Madrid or did you forget

Picking and choosing your stats I think

Lucille's Thirsty
1 minute ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Liverpool beat Porto 5-0.

Liverpool beat Man C joint favourites for the CL with PSG home and away. 

Liverpool over the two legs against Roma were a level above. 

Lucille's Thirsty

I think we’ll all agree Liverpool are deserved finalist.  Real and Liverpool two great authentic historic clubs. 

AlimOzturk

If Liverpool are able to hold onto their front three of Salah, Firminho and Mane then I honestly think they are three signings away from a genuine world class team. 

A new goalkeeper, a Defensive midfielder and a CB to partner Van Dyke

Stephane Grappelli
2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

The manager of Europe's most exciting side and yet a Hearts fan wants to criticise him  ...well I never

You'd crawl on hands and knees to get him at our club and you know it...........as do many others on here

From the guy criticising Europe's most glorious club side.

You'd crawl on hands and knees to get their success at our team and you know it...

1 minute ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

I think we’ll all agree Liverpool are deserved finalist.  Real and Liverpool two great authentic historic clubs. 

And, on that, the CL final will be a great one.

Good summary LT.

iantjambo
2 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

:spoton:

3 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

From the guy criticising Europe's most glorious club side.

You'd crawl on hands and knees to get their success at our team and you know it...

I'd do marathon 'walking' on my hands if that could happen !!

Might take a while to get fit though..give me the close season

Stephane Grappelli

So beating Manchester City 5-1 on aggregate is not good enough ?

Oh and Spurs beat Real Madrid or did you forget

Picking and choosing your stats I think

The City result was a great result.

Madrid often scrape through the group then come good when it counts.

I think Liverpool are a very good side.  You are the one who is arrogantly writing off Real Madrid.

3 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

Porto are not exactly one of Europe's powers anymore.

That's a matter of opinion as there was only one goal in it in the end.

I'd do marathon 'walking' on my hands if that could happen !!

Might take a while to get fit though..give me the close season

:robbo:

45 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

You have to be joking

Madrid will be quaking in their boots............bring it on.....Ramos will be clutching fresh air when they run pas him

No im not joking, Liverpool have an excellent front 3 who work well as a package, salah can do so on his own. Outwith that, they are a very ordinary team, defensively a shambles.

Real also have issues at the back, but player for player Madrid are superior overall. 

As said before, its all about opinions, i certainly wouldnt rule out Liverpool getting the win.

shaun.lawson
47 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Madrid will be quaking in their boots

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

You sound like Ian Wright before an England game. It is sensible to beat Real Madrid before making such ridiculous claims.

6 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

You sound like Ian Wright before an England game. It is sensible to beat Real Madrid before making such ridiculous claims.

Perhaps we should look at your predictions before the Liverpool v Manchester City tie......................should we bring that up Shaun ?

I mean you wouldn't have made such a wrong prediction would you ?

Unlike you I am still backing the side I believed would win the cup and backed them with real cash not some South American million pesos to the £ nonsense either

You can put your money where your mouth is or you can change your mind every round then try to tell us all you know best......I know what you did

shaun.lawson
1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

Perhaps we should look at your predictions before the Liverpool v Manchester City tie......................should we bring that up Shaun ?

Unlike you I am still backing the side I believed would win the cup and backed them with real cash not some South American million pesos to the £ nonsense either

You can put your money where your mouth is or you can change your mind every round then try to tell us all you know best......I know what you did

:laugh: There are about 39 Uruguayan pesos to the pound, incidentally.

And be my guest, go right ahead. The problem is that serious Liverpool fans - not plastics like you - wouldn't be shouting their mouths off like you are, but realising that by far the hardest part still lies ahead. Showing respect to their opponents, the most decorated club in world football. 

I've seen Man Utd plastics do this sort of thing in the past too. It usually came just before a fall. :wink: 

luckyBatistuta
28 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

I’d like to know if Man City were joint favourites with bookies across the rest of Europe. I wouldn’t have put money on them winning it, that’s for sure. 

Liverpool were definitely a level above in the first leg and should have ended the tie as a contest. In the second leg though they weren’t and had to rely on shocking refereeing to see them go through.

Seymour M Hersh

Tonight was just getting the first and only (this season) Champions League defeat out of the way before the final. :whistling: 

9 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

What a crazy thing to have predicted!! Imagine thinking the best team in England would beat the team who couldn't lay a glove on them over 38 games.

I'd started to come round to wanting Liverpool to win but between yourself and the BT sport commentators I can't wait to see Real steamroller the final.

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
12 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

And be my guest, go right ahead. The problem is that serious Liverpool fans - not plastics like you - wouldn't be shouting their mouths off like you are, but realising that by far the hardest part still lies ahead. Showing respect to their opponents, the most decorated club in world football. 

I've seen Man Utd plastics do this sort of thing in the past too. It usually came just before a fall. :wink: 

What is the definition of a 'plastic' ? 

luckyBatistuta

Hate Real Madrid, but hope they destroy the English weedgies in the final. I hope the Liverpool players have got great security for the final...on their homes!!!

6 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

It is  sad that people refer to football fans as plastics

I support my local side and have done so for decades....I did not realise you were not allowed to like another side from another country especially as one of your relatives played for them over 30 years ago.

Do I see them play ?..yes.. admittedly only around 2/3 times a season but I do go to see them..........usually I'm watching Hearts live !!!

Someday someone will define the term plastics..is it not watching your side live and viewing from the comfort of your sofa ?

If so there are millions in the UK alone never mind on foreign shores..............oh sorry I forgot...you're not a 'plastic' are you ? 

luckyBatistuta
5 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

adjective
  1. 1
    made of plastic.
    "plastic bottles"
  2. 2
    (of substances or materials) easily shaped or moulded in to a Liverpool fan

:whistling:

shaun.lawson
4 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

I don't shout my mouth off about my team(s) though. :) 

shaun.lawson

It is  sad that people refer to football fans as plastics

I support my local side and have done so for decades....I did not realise you were not allowed to like another side from another country especially as one of your relatives played for them over 30 years ago.

Of course you are! But y'know, just settle down a bit, that's all. Liverpool reaching the Champions League Final is a great achievement; but they're not the second coming of Brazil 1970 just yet. 

10 minutes ago, Taffin said:

What a crazy thing to have predicted!! Imagine thinking the best team in England would beat the team who couldn't lay a glove on them over 38 games.

I'd started to come round to wanting Liverpool to win but between yourself and the BT sport commentators I can't wait to see Real steamroller the final.

Great bring it on...the more seethe the better

That pesky team that beat Manchester City 3 times out of 4 and only lost the other because they went down to 10 men really did not lay a glove on them as you say and Manchester City are worthy champions playing excellent football.............but you know and I know they'd rather win the Champions League

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
2 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

I don't shout my mouth off about my team(s) though. :) 

It wasn't a loaded question, it's a term I've heard but never with any real definition. 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Maybe

Liverpool conceding 4 late goals v Roma after starting to 'manage the game' will give Real confidence they can turn any score around.

Liverpool will need to play at a high intensity for 90 minutes something Real Madrid are more used to doing. 

Also both Liverpool goals tonight came from fairly bad errors in defence. I think Madrid will be a bit more switched on.

7 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Of course you are! But y'know, just settle down a bit, that's all. Liverpool reaching the Champions League Final is a great achievement; but they're not the second coming of Brazil 1970 just yet. 

A great achievement would be winning it

Despite them being the most exciting team to watch In Europe (I'll bow to your knowledge of South American sides) they have some way to go to even get close to that classic side

Liverpool are good but still not good enough and need a few signings to be Premier League champions...and even then other sides will also sign bigger and better to make it just as difficult

luckyBatistuta

What price Liverpool fans to trash Kiev, only for them to turn around and blame the pesky Russians for sending over their Spetsnaz top boys disguised as Real fans.

Ok, I’m going to stop drinking now :mmtaxi:

Unknown user
16 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Hate Real Madrid, but hope they destroy the English weedgies in the final. I hope the Liverpool players have got great security for the final...on their homes!!!

It's funny eh? I have Liverpool links, including an aunt of my mrs currently employed by them - but there's something about them that makes them really hard to like

shaun.lawson

A great achievement would be winning it

Despite them being the most exciting team to watch In Europe (I'll bow to your knowledge of South American sides) they have some way to go to even get close to that classic side

Liverpool are good but still not good enough and need a few signings to be Premier League champions...and even then other sides will also sign bigger and better to make it just as difficult

:thumbsup:

They're getting there though. No doubt about it. Really ought to emerge as City's closest challengers next season, all things considered. And we're just beginning to see why Ferguson went public about his worry when Liverpool appointed Klopp.

Incidentally, while Real Madrid may or may not be quaking in fear about meeting Liverpool's front three, plenty of Uruguayans I've spoken to are quaking in fear about Salah. Shitting themselves about how good he is, and what he might do to them first up in Russia.

Edited by shaun.lawson

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

It's funny eh? I have Liverpool links, including an aunt of my mrs currently employed by them - but there's something about them that makes them really hard to like

When I first started reading that, I thought  I’d really upset you :lol:

shaun.lawson
16 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

It wasn't a loaded question, it's a term I've heard but never with any real definition. 

Well then it's a good question. I think it's about attitude more than location. ie. kids who wear Man Utd/Liverpool/Man City/Chelsea tops at school, shout their mouths off about how good they are etc - which extends nowadays to people all over the world doing the same.

But of course, that's a very convenient cop-out for myself. I've no problem with others calling me a plastic. It's when others say I'm not a Hearts fan at all that I get annoyed.