TV/Broadband

Van Wilder

Good evening wonderful people,

I'm moving into my own place (Which is kind of a big thing to me) in the next few weeks, but i'm looking for the best deal on TV/Broadband that isn't on a fixed contract for 12 months.

I've been doing the research and Now TV (Sky) seem to be the best on a short contract, i'm just not keen on commiting to an 18 month deal that Sky usually tie you too. Virgin Media is not available in the area i'm just wondering if anyone knows any companies that offer a decent deal on short term (6 months rolling after) deals on TV/Broadband.

I'm not too concerned about the TV packages it's more the internet as you can pretty much stream whatever you want as long as you've got the internet.

Any advice is most welcome!

• 6 months later...

Are there any good deals on broadband and line rental etc - thinking of changing provider but keen to hear of any recommendations 

Shanks said no
35 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Are there any good deals on broadband and line rental etc - thinking of changing provider but keen to hear of any recommendations 

Are you not better waiting until you move to Edinburgh?

On 10/04/2018 at 00:42, LesJambes said:

I've been pretty happy with SSE. Much cheaper than BT, seems to be okay internet speed for being in the arse end of nowhere.

https://sse.co.uk/phone-and-broadband

I echo this. If you get your gas/electric with them then it’s £23 a month for fibre. Fixed price for 3 years, no set up costs and it’s on a rolling contract so can cancel at any point even within the first month. 

Not sure what it costs if you don’t use them for gas/electric but when I got it in September it was by far the cheapest around. 

9 hours ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

I've just switched to Plusnet. 28 pound a month for phone and broadband.

23 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Dont get a tv package just get good broadband then iptv you'll save a fortune. Dont go with talk talk or BT they are shite.

Ok thanks

what’s iptv?

2 hours ago, superjack said:

I've just switched to Plusnet. 28 pound a month for phone and broadband.

That’s quite good

and they seem quite good so far?

Just switched to SSE for my broadband and phone on the back of this thread. Saving me about £40 a month compared to BT who have just ramped my prices right up at the end of my deal.

9 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Just switched to SSE for my broadband and phone on the back of this thread. Saving me about £40 a month compared to BT who have just ramped my prices right up at the end of my deal.

So what do you get for your package now?

23 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

So what do you get for your package now?

Up to 75Mb + phone line (pay per call) for £28 a month.

1 hour ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

That’s quite good

and they seem quite good so far?

Just as good as with BT, still getting approximately 65 meg download.

49 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Up to 75Mb + phone line (pay per call) for £28 a month.

Plusnet for the same price also includes free evening and weekend calls.

3 minutes ago, superjack said:

Plusnet for the same price also includes free evening and weekend calls.

I never use my landline anyway as I get unlimited free calls with my mobile. Good deal though!

2 hours ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Ok thanks

what’s iptv?

You pay a one off fee for the year £50 is the usual price and you get everything. movies,sports you get stuff like  Hearts tv. You can watch American TV aswell and its easy to navigate through it its as easy as sky you don't need to piss about with anything.

1 hour ago, Herbert said:

You pay a one off fee for the year £50 is the usual price and you get everything. movies,sports you get stuff like  Hearts tv. You can watch American TV aswell and its easy to navigate through it its as easy as sky you don't need to piss about with anything.

Ah nice one

and you can get that on a normal tv?

51 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Ah nice one

and you can get that on a normal tv?

Smart tv, firestick,xbox etc. You need to Download a app

19 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

PlayStation 4 too?

Aye. Go on the store and search for the iptv appthen onto facebay or something and find someone that does iptv.