RobboM

On 4/10/2018 at 09:16, letsalldothebeattie said:

Maybe it’s just me but does all this with some of the juniors wanting to breakaway and go into the senior set up not seem like the perfect time to restructure the game for the better up here i.e bigger top flight (16/18/20 team league) and maybe merge the other 3 divisions into 1 maybe 2 slightly bigger leagues and then have like a non league conference below that with the other senior sides like lowland, east of Scotland, highland and then also the juniors that want to be part of a league pyramid. And for the juniors that don’t still have the junior league for them maybe with the option if they win the top league of the juniors to take up a place in the bottom level of the senior game if not then remain a junior side. 

As as I said maybe just me but it seems like the perfect time to set this all in motion. Just a thought 

Two top leagues. A 12 and an 18. 3 down from the 12 (2 automatic and 1 play off) and anything below the 18 is ragionalised. 

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• davemclaren

• RobboM

• systemx

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

How many teams can they squeeze into the EOSL? ?

They have 13 just now, so they could create two divisions if they accept all the applications.

9 hours ago, Meadows said:

Leith Athletic have done fantastically well this season , 3 semi finals , 2 finals and 3rd in the league behind a very strong and experienced Kelty & LTHV . 

As well as being the team to ruin LTHV’s 100% record in the league ! 

Expected from Leith I’d say as the EoS league is truly awful bar the 3 we are talking about. Amateur teams would give the likes of Peebles, Ormiston and Eyemouth a run for there money 

15 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Kelty Hearts seem very well set up.  Very good website, tremendous name, and real money and momentum behind them.  

I don't think there is any impediment on them borrowing from the banks if required, unlike Hibs, and they have real momentum at present.

Jim Leishman is a stalwart backer and I just feel they are going places.

Rumours around Kelty that Lee Wallace will be Player/Manager next season, should they win promotion :D

Footballfirst
On 4/9/2018 at 20:02, Footballfirst said:

I think LTHV is Kelty's bogey team.  LTHV have already beaten Kelty twice this season, both 1-0, in cup competitions. The first was in the big Scottish Cup and the second in the League cup semi.  Kelty have also lost in cup competitions to Spartans 3-2 and to Threave on penalties after a 2-2 draw.

In fact they have lost every tight game they have played.  In all the games they have won, the have always had at least at least a two goal margin.

Kelty has a good set up at New Central Park and are looking to put in a new stand for next season. 

LTHV once again proved to be Kelty's bogey team as they won 1-0 yet again at Saughton Enclosure today.

Kelty should have had the game won by half time but some fine goalkeeping, including a penalty save, and a bit of luck at times saw LTHV keep a clean sheet.

If LTHV win their two games in hand during the week (both against Tynecastle), then a draw at Kelty next Saturday will see them win the league.

This pyramid system means that, if a wealthy oil family comes in with money, Easthouses could be playing in the champions league?  

davemclaren
10 minutes ago, Elmore said:

This pyramid system means that, if a wealthy oil family comes in with money, Easthouses could be playing in the champions league?  

Coal money more likely. 

A bit OT maybe, but it looks like Fort William FC’s days in the Highland League are numbered.

The first couple of seasons they did ok but never really built on it, quickly becoming the whipping-boys.

It’s a bit poor that the biggest town in the Highlands can’t sustain a Highland League football club.

5 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

LTHV once again proved to be Kelty's bogey team as they won 1-0 yet again at Saughton Enclosure today.

Kelty should have had the game won by half time but some fine goalkeeping, including a penalty save, and a bit of luck at times saw LTHV keep a clean sheet.

If LTHV win their two games in hand during the week (both against Tynecastle), then a draw at Kelty next Saturday will see them win the league.

That should stop BBC Scotland's love-in with Kelty.

Go Hutchie.

Footballfirst

LTHV has won their two games in hand, both against Tynecastle FC,  2-0 on Monday and 1-0 tonight, leaving a final day winner takes all match at Kelty.   LTHV has the advantage of the draw, being a point ahead of Kelty with just the one game to play.

I get the feeling that Kelty will end up winning this one, after seeing them miss chance after chance in the last game.  The surface at New Central Park will suit them too rather than the ploughed field that is the Saughton Enclosure pitch.

I think I'll take a trip across to the Kingdom on Saturday.

Dbp9zqpWkAERYiR.jpg

Edited by Footballfirst

Footballfirst

Hill of Beath's application to join the EOSL has been accepted.

Hill of Beath Hawthorn F.C.
Club Announcement

Following the EGM of the East of Scotland Football League to-night, Hill of Beath Hawthorn F.C. are pleased to announce our application to join the East of Scotland FA from next season, 2018/19, has been accepted. In addition, our 2001’s team will play in the East of Scotland FA 20’s League creating a pathway within the club for our young players to develop and progress.

The club are delighted to formally announce our progression from junior to senior ranks which has always been an ambition and is something we have been building towards off the park in recent years by investing and enhancing in our off field infrastructure with the aim of attaining SFA licence status at entry level as early as possible.

Hill of Beath Hawthorn F.C. was formed in1975 and progressed from the amateur football league to join the Scottish Junior FA in 1982. During the junior years the club has been fortunate to enjoy on field success which included winning the Scottish Junior Cup in 1990.

The club will now formally give notice to the SJFA and ERSJA of our intent in order to respectfully allow these associations the time to plan for next season. In doing so, the Committee of the HAWS express our sincere thanks to the officials of both associations who have been supportive of the club, for all their hard work during our membership and express our best wishes to all players and officials going forward.

Whilst this is a decision that the HAWS committee have not taken lightly, we firmly believe that the opportunity to attain senior status, combined with the potential to progress as a club both on and off the park within the SFA pyramid set up, and most importantly creating a solid structure for our players at all ages and in both squads to continue to develop and enhance their experience and opportunities within the game, is absolutely the right pathway for the club.

Finally, our thanks to the East of Scotland FA committee for their support and we very much look forward to jointly creating the next chapter in our history. We all look forward to the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead.

#HAWS
Strength through loyalty

Scott Forrest
Secretary Hill of Beath Hawthorn F.C.

Edited by Footballfirst

Footballfirst

12 teams accepted?  I believe that Dundonald Bluebell who had also applied have asked that their admission  be delayed until the following season

DbvuvxPXUAAgaNk.jpg

hmfc_liam06

Dundonald have announced a statement asking for their application to be deferred. They need to get a few things up to scratch in order to be compliant so have asked for a couple of year.

The SJFA have really shot themselves in the foot here surely. No reason why there can't be a Scotland wide pyramid system including both junior and semi-pro sides.

davemclaren
7 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

12 teams accepted?  I believe that Dundonald Bluebell who had also applied have asked that their admission  be delayed until the following season

DbvuvxPXUAAgaNk.jpg

Looks pretty much like the demise of Junior football in the East. 

hmfc_liam06

I remember editing Football Manager some time ago, opening up Scottish football.

Two divisions:

18 team Premier League

20 team Championship

A Conference with 2 regionalised divisions underneath:

20 team Conference

20 team Conference North

20 team Conference South

And a series of 20 team divisions regionalised with playoffs for promotion.

Retain the League Cup as a 38 team cup.

Scottish Cup involving every side with the top 38 sides entering in Jan.

Basically...England.

Footballfirst

Kelty won the EOSFL after a 3-1 win at home to LTHV today.

Looked like there was maybe 1,000 at New Central Park.

On 27/04/2018 at 08:11, davemclaren said:

Looks pretty much like the demise of Junior football in the East. 

No sign of the Easts 2 biggest sides though the mighty nations of Lithgae  and dirty Boness.

jambo in iraq
On 4/22/2018 at 01:36, Tasavallan said:

That should stop BBC Scotland's love-in with Kelty.

Go Hutchie.

you were saying?? 

Albert McFly

Kelty Hearts are a fantastic community club, well over 1k there today and you can see everyone involved from the youth players and volunteers right through.

Obviously the name gives them an affinity with most of us and I would encourage any Jambo to take a visit to a highly impressive setup, from the strip to the badge it just shines through what the club means to the town. 

Seeing them score in injury time and looking over at their covered terracing going tonto reminded me of the old shed and the passion was fantastic and brought a smile to my face, genuinely enjoyed this more than any Hearts game this season and can see why so many people have switched back to watching lower leagues it’s just more honest.

Best part of the day had to be the linesman getting caught up with the fans and the players celebrating the first goal, proper football.

Tommy Brown
On 4/25/2018 at 21:47, Footballfirst said:

LTHV has won their two games in hand, both against Tynecastle FC,  2-0 on Monday and 1-0 tonight, leaving a final day winner takes all match at Kelty.   LTHV has the advantage of the draw, being a point ahead of Kelty with just the one game to play.

I get the feeling that Kelty will end up winning this one, after seeing them miss chance after chance in the last game.  The surface at New Central Park will suit them too rather than the ploughed field that is the Saughton Enclosure pitch.

Dbp9zqpWkAERYiR.jpg

Be interesting to see how they set up this league next season with all the juniors coming aboard. Some serious dross in it just now going by the amount goals Kelty and LTHV have scored.

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, Albert McFly said:

Best part of the day had to be the linesman getting caught up with the fans and the players celebrating the first goal, proper football.

I couldn't work out why the ref delayed the restart of game after the opening goal. Now I know why.

The ref was a tosser anyway with a number of fouls awarded that looked as though they should have gone the other way. Also sending off one of the Kelty coaches in the last minute.  Did he have no idea of what was as stake in the game (although that was the lino too)?

Edited by Footballfirst

Albert McFly

That linesman is notorious in the game for being over officious, seen him send of a Cowdenbeath player for shouting at his team mate! The lino wasn't happy so got involved with a few players and the fans and was given a true Kelty welcome and reported it to the ref. Thought the ref was out of his depth and very easily booked players when a respectable talking to would have done. Tbf he could have sent of the whole Kelty bench and did laugh at their celebration down the line with the fans and player and that's what football is all about. 

Really enjoyable day and will be back for the play off with theave 

On 26/04/2018 at 08:47, Footballfirst said:

Dbp9zqpWkAERYiR.jpg

Thought you might.

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

Thought you might.

I'm interested mainly because I'm originally from that part of Fife, but there were also a couple of ex Hearts youths in the Kelty squad, Stephen Husband (started) and Elliot Ford (on the bench)

21 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Be interesting to see how they set up this league next season with all the juniors coming aboard. Some serious dross in it just now going by the amount goals Kelty and LTHV have scored.

The talk at the moment is around two parallel leagues either geographically or seeded (might end up meaning the same by luck), top 2 to play off for champions spot and the top 7/8 in each league to form the EoS top division 2019/20, the rest forming a bottom division with room for future east juniors moving in future seasons. This would put the remaining big names (eg Linlithgow Rose, Bo'ness, Penicuik) at a real disadvantage in making their way up a future pyramid. Nb it's all just talk at the moment.

Footballfirst

Here is a decent blog about the switch and the implications for the pyramid .

https://www.thedugout.scot/2018/05/04/end-of-the-juniors-scottish-football-set-for-historic-change/

The blog confirms acceptances for Blackburn United, Bonnyrigg Rose, Camelon, Crossgates Primrose, Dalkeith Thistle, Dunipace, Easthouses Lily, Edinburgh United, Haddington Athletic, Hill of Beath Hawthorn, Musselburgh Athletic and Tranent for 2018/19; youth academy Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts have also gained immediate acceptance for their new senior side; additionally, junior clubs Clydebank and Dundonald Bluebell have applied for a deferred 2019/20 entry.

Mikey1874
On 21/04/2018 at 19:17, FWJ said:

A bit OT maybe, but it looks like Fort William FC’s days in the Highland League are numbered.

The first couple of seasons they did ok but never really built on it, quickly becoming the whipping-boys.

It’s a bit poor that the biggest town in the Highlands can’t sustain a Highland League football club.

Tommy Brown

Threave 0 Kelty Hearts 4

Kelty all but promoted, 2nd leg formality next week.

can Cowdebeath pull off a shock and beat Cove to stay in the SPFL?

Restonbabe

Don't really want Cowdenbeath to stay in the league to be fair the more change the better. 

Doctor FinnBarr

Never ever watched Blackburn although I always looked for their results and will continue to do so in the Lowland League MKII or whatever its to be called.

Was speaking to an ex-committee member last week who explained why so many east teams wanted to leave...........there is no fixture list, you have a number to phone on Saturday night to find out who and where your playing the following weekend!

Makes the senior game look well run

On 21/04/2018 at 19:17, FWJ said:

Was talking to Andy Troup on Saturday as Keith FC hosted our festival and he said Fort William are ? dropping out the league. 

On 05/05/2018 at 22:29, Mikey1874 said:

Haha totally contradicts the Keith chairmans words. Interesting. They really are poor though they need to do something if this is the case. (My chat wi Andy was on the 5thMay but ill assume the Fot William tweet supercedes his info and he hadnt been given it yet) 

On 05/05/2018 at 22:29, Mikey1874 said:

I think one of the problems is that they have a limited pool of players because Fort William is so isolated from anywhere else.  66 miles from Inverness (the nearest away match) and 80 from Dumbarton.  I’ve also heard it said that they lose players to the two shinty teams in the town too.

letsalldothebeattie

Anyone know how they plan on setting up the EoS league next season with 25 clubs confirmed for it? They keeping it as 1 big league or splitting into a Div 1, Div 2 type? 

Will not be decided until the AGM in a months time.

Rumour control has it that the EOS is hoping for late applicants to take it up to 30 (or even 32)  

The talk is then that there would be 2 equal sections (as junior applicants were all offered tier 6) with the winners of each section playing off for the title.

THe following season would be when the league would split into divs 1 & 2 (or whatever they are called)

Know more in a month.

Exciting times for the non league though.

letsalldothebeattie
27 minutes ago, poggs said:

Will not be decided until the AGM in a months time.

Rumour control has it that the EOS is hoping for late applicants to take it up to 30 (or even 32)  

The talk is then that there would be 2 equal sections (as junior applicants were all offered tier 6) with the winners of each section playing off for the title.

THe following season would be when the league would split into divs 1 & 2 (or whatever they are called)

Know more in a month.

Exciting times for the non league though.

Cheers. I’m looking forward to seeing what they come up with for this. Non league is looking more exciting than the professional game with all the changes happening. Wish the senior clubs would look at this as a time for change as well

The rumoured late applicants are the last edinburgh side - Craigroyston and the last east lothian side - Dunbar.  That'll be junior wiped out there!

Just leaves the 3 midlothian sides from the south east - Newtongrange, arniston and penicuik, who will surely regret not following the others this season.  (awaiting flames!) 

letsalldothebeattie
9 minutes ago, poggs said:

The rumoured late applicants are the last edinburgh side - Craigroyston and the last east lothian side - Dunbar.  That'll be junior wiped out there!

Just leaves the 3 midlothian sides from the south east - Newtongrange, arniston and penicuik, who will surely regret not following the others this season.  (awaiting flames!) 

I was amazed when I saw teams rumoured and then that had applied and now subsequently been accepted and Newtongrange wasn’t among them. I thought they for sure would’ve been applying 

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/05/2018 at 10:35, letsalldothebeattie said:

I was amazed when I saw teams rumoured and then that had applied and now subsequently been accepted and Newtongrange wasn’t among them. I thought they for sure would’ve been applying 

The floodgates have opened and the deadline for applicaions to the East of Scotland has been extended to 31 May. This has caused a flurry of last minute meetings at many clubs, tonight Bo'ness Utd have announced they are applying. Newtongrange, Arniston and Penicuik were amongst the applicants coming forward in the past week. All now waiting on whether Linlithgow Rose will jump or just stay Junior and hoover up all the prizes in the East next season.

27 minutes ago, RobboM said:

The floodgates have opened and the deadline for applicaions to the East of Scotland has been extended to 31 May. This has caused a flurry of last minute meetings at many clubs, tonight Bo'ness Utd have announced they are applying. Newtongrange, Arniston and Penicuik were amongst the applicants coming forward in the past week. All now waiting on whether Linlithgow Rose will jump or just stay Junior and hoover up all the prizes in the East next season.

17 east juniors already gone (plus Dunipace from the west) with more likely to follow.

Footballfirst

Penicuik Athletic, Dundonald Bluebell and St Andrews Utd have confirmed their applications

Following a meeting on Wednesday, the Penicuik Athletic committee submitted an application to join the East of Scotland League for next season. This application was accepted on Thursday evening.

A further statement will be made in due course.

Club Statement

Dundonald Bluebell can confirm that we have brought forward our original application for admission to the eosl for season 19/20 to allow us to join the association for next season 18/19.
We sincerely hope to be accepted by member clubs at next weeks eosl agm.

St Andrews United @standrewsutdfc

StAUFC is applying to join SFA East of Scotland League