Titles/Relegations being sealed

Thommo414

jamboinglasgow

St Mirren won the Championship

Spartans won the Lowland league

Cowdenbeath have finished 10th and will go into the relegation play-off

Wolves have gained automatic qualification and bar a melt down they will wrap up the title.

14 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

St Mirren won the Championship

Spartans won the Lowland league

Cowdenbeath have finished 10th and will go into the relegation play-off

Wolves have gained automatic qualification and bar a melt down they will wrap up the title.

4 Edinburgh teams in the spfl next term?

I wonder though, should it be cove Rangers who win and make it to league 2, do cowdenbeath do a straight swap with them or does the northernmost team from the lowland league move to the Highland league? 

MacDonald Jardine
2 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

I wonder though, should it be cove Rangers who win and make it to league 2, do cowdenbeath do a straight swap with them or does the northernmost team from the lowland league move to the Highland league? 

Cowdenbeath go into the Lowland League.

The Highland League may bring in another team to make up the numbers. 

10 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Cowdenbeath go into the Lowland League.

The Highland League may bring in another team to make up the numbers. 

Cheers. Always wondered how regional leagues worked in a case like this. Especially when Edinburgh City swapped straight with East Stirlingshire. Would it not result in the leagues having odd numbers though if cowdenbeath joined the lowland league as Spartans wouldn't have vacated a space for them to fill?

5 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Not quite I don’t think. 10 points clear but Ajax got three to play. As good as though. 

Um, 3 to play means Ajax can only pick up 9 points. It's in the bag for psv now!

MacDonald Jardine
1 hour ago, Thommo414 said:

Cheers. Always wondered how regional leagues worked in a case like this. Especially when Edinburgh City swapped straight with East Stirlingshire. Would it not result in the leagues having odd numbers though if cowdenbeath joined the lowland league as Spartans wouldn't have vacated a space for them to fill?

It would. I was reading earlier that the Lowland League has to have 16 teams by it's constitution so they may have additional promotions or relegation depending on what happens. The Highland League doesn't have that so could in theory have an odd number of teams.

michael_bolton
14 hours ago, Thommo414 said:

On the radio on Saturday there was strong speculation that leaving the league could be the end of Cowdenbeath as we know them. Also that the Highland League may take the opportunity to punt Fort William.

13 hours ago, milky_26 said:

psg are 4-0 up in under 30 mins v monaco. if psg win they win the title

A title decider between the top 2? C'est impossible! An emphatic win for oil money germain however 

25 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

A title decider between the top 2? C'est impossible! An emphatic win for oil money germain however 

Yep so in the last week we have had psg v Monaco and the Manchester derby to try and decide the title. But no we can't have that in Scotland 

2 hours ago, michael_bolton said:

On the radio on Saturday there was strong speculation that leaving the league could be the end of Cowdenbeath as we know them. Also that the Highland League may take the opportunity to punt Fort William.

For William have apparently registered an interest in dropping into the amateur district leagues below the Highland. Hardly surprising given they’ve been the whipping boys of that league for some time. The board have invested a lot of their own money to keep the club afloat and are really not getting anywhere.

Think a lot of fans of the Highland league though are reluctant to see them leave for the identity of the league. With Juniors clubs set to join the pyramid, and a few Highland league clubs closer to Aberdeenshire than ‘Highlands’, it could really the end of the Highland league as we know it.

the general
19 hours ago, Thommo414 said:

Man utd handing city the title with a defeat at home to the basement club. Very pleasing stuff today 

oh the irony ... after their cup final last week too

3 hours ago, milky_26 said:

Yep so in the last week we have had psg v Monaco and the Manchester derby to try and decide the title. But no we can't have that in Scotland 

To be fair, if Celtic stuffed Rangers 7-1 to win the League title, Glasgow would make the Gaza Strip seem like a safe place by comparison.  Imagine the carnage! :lol: 

6 hours ago, michael_bolton said:

Would that be the club or the company?

Surely they can set up Cowdenbeath International Football Club Ltd and start again in the bottom league?

I'm sure it's been done before.

Guest Paul Allen

Is it confirmed Spartans v Cove Rangers with the winner playing Cowdenbeath, and if so what are the fixture dates for these games?

Pasquale for King
On 15/04/2018 at 19:42, BarneyBattles said:

Not quite I don’t think. 10 points clear but Ajax got three to play. As good as though. 

Three games = 9 points buddy, they better take that trophy and medals I saw them presented with yesterday back then eh ?. Great game.

F3C35BAA-766E-465F-A02E-A54C4E667C88.png

10 hours ago, tian447 said:

To be fair, if Celtic stuffed Rangers 7-1 to win the League title, Glasgow would make the Gaza Strip seem like a safe place by comparison.  Imagine the carnage! :lol: 

After Sunday, that scoreline seems perfectly feasible come the Derby in 2 weeks

13 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Three games = 9 points buddy, they better take that trophy and medals I saw them presented with yesterday back then eh ?. Great game.

F3C35BAA-766E-465F-A02E-A54C4E667C88.png

:qqb006:

The Treasurer
14 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Aye. 

Jamhammer will be relieved.

He's not the only one.

I really hope Ingerlund make Hart first choice at the World Cup, he's fecking useless

the general
57 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

He's not the only one.

I really hope Ingerlund make Hart first choice at the World Cup, he's fecking useless

Sunday league goalkeeping 

letsalldothebeattie
20 hours ago, Paul Allen said:

Is it confirmed Spartans v Cove Rangers with the winner playing Cowdenbeath, and if so what are the fixture dates for these games?

Saturday 28th April:

Cove Rangers v Spartans 3pm 

Tuesday 1st May:

Spartans v Cove Rangers 19:45

Saturday 5th May

League 2 Play Off Final 1st leg

V Cowdenbeath

Saturday 12th May

League 2 Play Off Final 2nd leg

V Cowdenbeath 

Guest Paul Allen
5 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Saturday 28th April:

Cove Rangers v Spartans 3pm 

Tuesday 1st May:

Spartans v Cove Rangers 19:45

Saturday 5th May

League 2 Play Off Final 1st leg

V Cowdenbeath

Saturday 12th May

League 2 Play Off Final 2nd leg

V Cowdenbeath 

Thanks pal ?

On 08/04/2018 at 23:43, been here before said:

Celtic won this years title about 5 years ago. Next years too.

???

Makes you wonder if we shouldn't have a salary cap like rugby league in Oz.

Just thinking how much two clubs would hate that makes it worthwhile in itself.

12 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

FFS. You have a few scoops, ok a fair few, on a Sunday and make a minor arithmetic error and suddenly everyone’s a critic!??

Honestly mate, I meant no cheek. By all accounts sounds like you had a better Sunday than me :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Paul Allen

Cove Rangers 0-0 Cowdenbeath today. Second leg at Central Park in a week’s time.

Archived