V Ro-manov looks after local football team

Stefan Pie

My mates mates mate just sent me an e-mail saying ro-manov has been very kind in looking after his football team. Basically, his e-mail said

"Basically, one of the boys that plays for the Sunday team I manage is on the Hearts youth development committee and as such has struck up a friendship with Vladimir. As a result of this he was able to arrange for my team to go over to Kaunas for a game against a Kaunas team. The rest is the stuff of dreams! We ended up playing a full professional FBK Kaunas team with 5 first team players that had played champions league and won the Lithuanian cup the previous year, the rest were reserves and under 21?s. We got beat 8-1 which was a very respectable score and the Kaunas manager could not believe we were amateurs that didn?t train we played that well!! Romanov was an absolute legend from start of the weekend to finish, he took me and my captain for ballroom dancing lessons!!! And then to lunch before the game and the game itself was an experience playing in the stadium we were at last year for the Scotland game, they had the tannoy announcer announcing the teams, our own phyiso, multi ball ball boys, fifa referees and linesman, team coach to the game and they even got our badge put onto the electronic scoreboard. He took the whole team out for dinner and drinks after the game and we didn?t spend a penny until he left at 10ish. Even then he left us with his2 bodyguards to look after us!!! I even took the chance to ask him to sponsor us and he at first asked us what budget we would be looking for ?100,000 or ?200,000!!! When I said all we needed was a grand for new strips and league fees he seemed surprised and offered us the opportunity to loan a couple of Kaunas players for the season!!! He also offered us the chance to train with Hearts, Kaunas or his Belarus team whenever we wanted and said I could spend time with his Kaunas coaches to learn football management!!! He also wants to arrange a return game at Tynecastle for us in January and says he wants us to come back next year for a longer time and he will pay for flights and accommodation!!! No matter what you think of him the guy is a genuine legend in my eyes now!"

What a guy - I've got the photos but don't know how to load them

portobellojambo1
My mates mates mate just sent me an e-mail saying ro-manov has been very kind in looking after his football team. Basically, his e-mail said

"Basically, one of the boys that plays for the Sunday team I manage is on the Hearts youth development committee and as such has struck up a friendship with Vladimir. As a result of this he was able to arrange for my team to go over to Kaunas for a game against a Kaunas team. The rest is the stuff of dreams! We ended up playing a full professional FBK Kaunas team with 5 first team players that had played champions league and won the Lithuanian cup the previous year, the rest were reserves and under 21?s. We got beat 8-1 which was a very respectable score and the Kaunas manager could not believe we were amateurs that didn?t train we played that well!! Romanov was an absolute legend from start of the weekend to finish, he took me and my captain for ballroom dancing lessons!!! And then to lunch before the game and the game itself was an experience playing in the stadium we were at last year for the Scotland game, they had the tannoy announcer announcing the teams, our own phyiso, multi ball ball boys, fifa referees and linesman, team coach to the game and they even got our badge put onto the electronic scoreboard. He took the whole team out for dinner and drinks after the game and we didn?t spend a penny until he left at 10ish. Even then he left us with his2 bodyguards to look after us!!! I even took the chance to ask him to sponsor us and he at first asked us what budget we would be looking for ?100,000 or ?200,000!!! When I said all we needed was a grand for new strips and league fees he seemed surprised and offered us the opportunity to loan a couple of Kaunas players for the season!!! He also offered us the chance to train with Hearts, Kaunas or his Belarus team whenever we wanted and said I could spend time with his Kaunas coaches to learn football management!!! He also wants to arrange a return game at Tynecastle for us in January and says he wants us to come back next year for a longer time and he will pay for flights and accommodation!!! No matter what you think of him the guy is a genuine legend in my eyes now!"

Would this amateur team be based at a pub in Duddingston Village by any chance.

Nucky Thompson
Duddingston I believe? Top gesture from Mr Romanov.
NO, no Peanut, Vlad is the anti-Christ:rolleyes:

that is correct

has this been posted before - if so, I apologise

I just got the e-mail today

I don't know whether to laugh or cry really

As good a gesture it is I think its quite worrying vlad would happily throw more money and lithuanians at another team whilst hearts are in the position we are in for the same reason and find it worrying he hasnt seen the error of his ways

Nucky Thompson
and find it worrying he hasnt seen the error of his ways
Do you know this for certain prancer?

I don't know whether to laugh or cry really

As good a gesture it is I think its quite worrying vlad would happily throw more money and lithuanians at another team whilst hearts are in the position we are in for the same reason and find it worrying he hasnt seen the error of his ways

I sort of know what your saying but many companies operate a care in the community programme so a few bucks spent on something like this doesn't really impact his day to day operations

What is more worrying is his choice of t-shirts

portobellojambo1
that is correct

has this been posted before - if so, I apologise

I just got the e-mail today

Don't think it has been posted before, I got told the story by a young lad at work who plays with them I think, but couldn't make the trip.

Apparently Romanov gave one of the guys a rather funny look when he asked what their average home gate was, and the reply was "somewhere between 5 and 10 excluding dogs".

Apparently Romanov gave one of the guys a rather funny look when he asked what their average home gate was, and the reply was "somewhere between 5 and 10 excluding dogs".

superb

I won't post the photos just now until I get the go ahead from mates mates mate as some of the lads might not want their boats splashed all over a national website

Mad form of CSR... only a shame that vlad forgets CSR includes its shareholders and customers.

The work done for local organisations and groups has to be commended but its sort of mad when you look at the bigger picture.

Corporate social responsibility

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Corporate social responsibility (CSR, also called corporate responsibility, corporate citizenship, and responsible business) is a concept whereby organizations consider the interests of society by taking responsibility for the impact of their activities on customers, suppliers, employees, shareholders, communities and other stakeholders, as well as the environment. This obligation is seen to extend beyond the statutory obligation to comply with legislation and sees organizations voluntarily taking further steps to improve the quality of life for employees and their families as well as for the local community and society at large.

Yip i heard the story last week from a Jambo pal of mine, he also said you seen his office which is decked out in loads off hearts posters etc, and it is like a shrine to Hearts FC.

I for one cant make this guy out, but when i heard this story it did make me feel better about the future under Vlad.

Well done Vlad , credit where credit is due, he made a lot of people happy with this gesture.:)

heartsfc_fan

Seems unreal!! :confused::eek:

But serious thought here.....If Romanov was offering ?200,000 to sponsor the team...

HOW THE HECK CAN HE NOT SPEND ?200K ON A NEW PLAYER FOR HEARTS?? :mad:

vladtheexhaler
I sort of know what your saying but many companies operate a care in the community programme so a few bucks spent on something like this doesn't really impact his day to day operations

What is more worrying is his choice of t-shirts

Bit harsh on the team no?

Bit harsh on the team no?

yes - I think I meant to say CSR or something

sorry

Nucky Thompson

But serious thought here.....If Romanov was offering ?200,000 to sponsor the team...

He can:rolleyes: He spent ?500k on Nade in January.

he also said you seen his office which is decked out in loads off hearts posters etc, and it is like a shrine to Hearts FC.

I wasn't there

As I said I got passed the e-mail third or fourth hand

portobellojambo1

Think the word "PLAYER" might be confusing you The Boo. ;)

heartsfc_fan

How can I forget :P

Nucky Thompson
Think the word "PLAYER" might be confusing you The Boo. ;)
Yeah I know:) Another reason why Frail can't get the gig as it was his pick:rolleyes:

Is this thread a joke or for real. Never heard anything about this.

does everything relating to hearts have to get passed through you first

Csaba's Broon Shoes
does everything relating to hearts have to get passed through you first

Hey Stefan Pie , did your mates mate quiz Romanov about the manager situation ?

portobellojambo1
Is this thread a joke or for real. Never heard anything about this.

Its genuine Andy, team are based at The Sheep Heid Inn (nae other pubs in the village itself).

Nucky Thompson
It was in the scotsman

What a crappy wee article:cool: Not like the Evening News understands articles that are splashed over the back pages:mad:

It's always the big gesture for Romanov eh? Sure good news for the guys involved, trip of a lifetime and all that, but I'm sure the majority of Hearts fans would prefer his energy to be put to better use sourcing us a solid management team ready for the commencement of preseason.

Doom and gloom for ya there Boo but couldn't give a crap what he did for the pub team, they're not a charity for kids with cancer as far as I'm aware, just a bunch of blokes having a good time.

It's always the big gesture for Romanov eh? Sure good news for the guys involved, trip of a lifetime and all that, but I'm sure the majority of Hearts fans would prefer his energy to be put to better use sourcing us a solid management team ready for the commencement of preseason.

Doom and gloom for ya there Boo but couldn't give a crap what he did for the pub team, they're not a charity for kids with cancer as far as I'm aware, just a bunch of blokes having a good time.

The strange thing is, everyone who has been over to meet him, and has sat down and spoken to him, comes back saying positive things, there has been no one ( that i am aware of) who has been to meet him , who has came back and said one bad thing about the guy.:confused::confused::confused:

Guest gorgie kev
Yip i heard the story last week from a Jambo pal of mine, he also said you seen his office which is decked out in loads off hearts posters etc, and it is like a shrine to Hearts FC.

I for one cant make this guy out, but when i heard this story it did make me feel better about the future under Vlad.

Well done Vlad , credit where credit is due, he made a lot of people happy with this gesture.:)

Maybe he can make even more people happy with a gesture of getting a feckin manager employed for HMFC.:sad:

This stuff typifies vlad

We are going through the wringer here and he is phannying about.

Dancing,amutuer football teams wtf next appoint a manager with full autonomy.

Nucky Thompson
Maybe he can make even more people happy with a gesture of getting a feckin manager employed for HMFC.:sad:
The hard part is getting someone to accept the job.

Ive saw right through this! He is trying to line the boy up as the next manager!!! "scottish experience that'll keep the fans quiet!" :wacko:

Guest gorgie kev
The hard part is getting someone to accept the job.

Lets all welcome back star jumping wheelbarrowing malofeev :wacko::wacko:

Nucky Thompson
Lets all welcome back star jumping wheelbarrowing malofeev :wacko::wacko:
There is no fecking chance he will be back. The Star and Express, you can run up my fecking ribs:mad:

I think he's entitled to spend his money how, and on whom, he wishes. Does anyone tell you how to spend your money?

Dirk Diggler
I think he's entitled to spend his money how, and on whom, he wishes. Does anyone tell you how to spend your money?

Yep.

It's like all these MOD EDIT who were going nutty over Shreks wedding the other week.

FFS, If I had their money I'd be doing more outrageous things than spending 5 million on a wedding or playing real life football manager.

Oh and back on topic, It seems like craking gesture.

The strange thing is, everyone who has been over to meet him, and has sat down and spoken to him, comes back saying positive things, there has been no one ( that i am aware of) who has been to meet him , who has came back and said one bad thing about the guy.:confused::confused::confused:

Aye, the Federation guys got the same impression when they went across earlier this year !

Leaves you wondering why he cant get a grip of things over here :confused:

So your not married then I take it.

Toxteth O'Grady

A nice guy helping out teams with charitable acts while his own team is a shambles.

Sounds like Brookes feckin Mileson.:sad:

The lad from Duddy who was instrumental in fixing this up lives out this way - wish I'd followed him from Silverknowes Star to Duddy!!

By all accounts the guys had a superb trip. Delighted for them all and looking forward to hooking up with him for a beer to hear about it properly.

Mad Vlad's personality, generousity, warmth and business savy cannot be faulted.

His ideas about how a Scottish pro football team should be run most certainly can.

Nucky Thompson

Mad Vlad's personality, generousity, warmth and business savy cannot be faulted.

His ideas about how a Scottish pro football team should be run most certainly can.

You can't argue with that I suppose.

Guest jambomickey

romanov does these wee things to draw peoples attention away from his bad points! he was never away from tynecastle when he wanted the shares or we were winning. gtf ya paranoid control freak.

Nucky Thompson
romanov does these wee things to draw peoples attention away from his bad points! he was never away from tynecastle when he wanted the shares or we were winning. gtf ya paranoid control freak.
There are other threads you can spout your pish on:cool:

Nah i think he does it because he is genuinely a nice guy who can be compassionate and generous. Not a clue about running a football club mind.

Guest jambomickey
Nah i think he does it because he is genuinely a nice guy who can be compassionate and generous. Not a clue about running a football club mind.

running our football club is all i care about mate and in my opinion he making a pigs ear of it

Guest jambomickey
There are other threads you can spout your pish on:cool:

as a shareholder/season ticket holder al post where i want. take the romanov blinkers off and look at the state of affairs at our club.

running our football club is all i care about mate and in my opinion he making a pigs ear of it

Doubt anyone could disagree with that.

Archived