Worst you've ever felt about Hearts?

Robbo27_22

Is this the worst you have felt about our club?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Is this the worst you have felt about our club?

• Yes, I can see no way forward
    • No, 70's and early 80's were heartbreaking
    • No, McLean was an absolute tool
    • St Johnstone

Gigolo-Aunt
An unknown qauntity and will finish above st mirren who have lost key players.

Glad to help! :)

Its all about opinions.

And unknown quantity always makes me **** myself laughing. After half a dozen games, all the SPL managers will know their players and how they set themselves up home and away.

SPL clubs do send scouts to watch other teams in the league when they are playing.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
scott_jambo
Its all about opinions.

And unknown quantity always makes me **** myself laughing. After half a dozen games, all the SPL managers will know their players and how they set themselves up home and away.

SPL clubs do send scouts to watch other teams in the league when they are playing.

Aaww don't do that, itl make an awful mess!

Who sent out scouts to watch Hamilton Accies this season?

Stevie Fail?

half a dozen games = 18 points, is this not correct. Even if they get say 9, this could be the difference between 11th and 12th.

Gigolo-Aunt
Aaww don't do that, itl make an awful mess!

Who sent out scouts to watch Hamilton Accies this season?

Stevie Fail?

half a dozen games = 18 points, is this not correct. Even if they get say 9, this could be the difference between 11th and 12th.

9 points would be a great hall from 6 games. Can you honestly see it?

Anyway, time will tell as it always does in football.

Have taken this thread a little of topic, so will leave the Hamilton/Relegation theme alone.

Aplogies folks.

winston churchill

dens park goes without saying.

but for me,as a wee schoolboy watching us relegated after the ayr united game was by far the worst.

Libertonian_II

I voted St J. That was before I read the threads about he-who-cannot-be-named-returning-to-take-training

Can I change my vote to the one about darkest moments and all that?

scott herbertson
Where is the 1965 Killie defeat option?

It's beside a certain New Years Day game, in a safe with a sign on it saying

"DO NOT OPEN"

It was.

Although I do remember being in Frankensteins at one in the morning drinking champagne :confused:

The Tuesday was worse than the Monday. :sad:

Hobo :P

Rudolf's Mate
They may change Romanov's name and make a fair point but I find it a little annoying reading someone's post when they've changed the name to "Mad Fud" or something along those lines. I'm not defending Romanov here, simply stating that I take someone more seriously if they don't resort to name-calling.

Fair point and that is your opinion however I think he is nuts myself. What else could someone who has a business that could be enormous on the domestic and possibly with the right management and funding, big on the European stage. I am not living in fantasy land here and am not talking about beating Man Utd in the Champions League final but I am saying we could actually do something!

We are football supporters. We jeer and shout names at our rivals & sing songs at them. Sorry but ff Vlad continues in this manner then he is fair game IMO. IMO he was fair game a long time ago......

Hypothetically, just say that one day you decide to do a protest because things are that bad. I gather from your post that it will be a staged tea party with everyone writing a letter to Mr Romanov, however it wont contain any strong words in case of offending anyone.

WAKEY, WAKEY! OUR CLUB IS IN TROUBLE!!!

Judging by your previous post, I would say that maybe you should take up knitting or something less stressful. Really not into having a go at you however you have had a go at people for things such as posting stuff about hibs failures on here. I think you are maybe a wee bit too polictically correct to be a football supporter! Murrayfield is just a stones throw away!!!

And before anyone has a pop...... I played rugby for years and actually like it!

Dirk Diggler
Hobo :P

Hehe.

My mate was signing for the Champagne in the name of 'Bobby Prentice' if that in any way redeems me?

I think it was just a way of blanking out what we had just witnessed.

Like I said, The Tuesday wasn't much fun.

:)

Hehe.

My mate was signing for the Champagne in the name of 'Bobby Prentice' if that in any way redeems me?

I think it was just a way of blanking out what we had just witnessed.

Like I said, The Tuesday wasn't much fun.

:)

I have never been out after a derby defeat - I should go out after such defeats so I know how much to celebrate when we win.

Hopefully I will be out 3 times this season. (Hobo's bottom 6 :)).

scott herbertson
I have never been out after a derby defeat - I should go out after such defeats so I know how much to celebrate when we win.

Hopefully I will be out 3 times this season. (Hobo's bottom 6 :)).

Grammatical point

It should be 'Coming out' for a Hibs win, and 'Going out' for a Hearts win

Varied comments and opinions which is what is was all about.

My own one is that there were ways out of our previous predicaments - better players were found, better owners were found, better managers were found.

Whilst Vlad is there he won't stop meddling, so better managers won't come in, he's run up such a debt so new owners won't come in, he'll continue to ship shedloads of 3rd rate crappy players in so the team won't improve.

It really is a situation I wish we weren't in.

Dirty Deeds

The problem is we will not get better under Vlad as he will always meddle in team selection to the detriment of the club.

Also, when we are eventually free from of Vlad, we will have a lot of financial pain to endure which will take a generation to recover from.

The future is as bleak as the present.

John Findlay

Having been a Hearts supporter for 43 yes now I could only vote for the 70s/80s option. I never want to live through an era like that again. I personally dont think I will.

John

Dirty Deeds
Having been a Hearts supporter for 43 yes now I could only vote for the 70s/80s option. I never want to live through an era like that again. I personally dont think I will.

In the 70s, 9th got us relegated. Based on our current set up, 9th will feel like an achievement next season.

colinmaroon

Being relegated - and failing to come up were far worse - worse even than '86 and certainly a lot worse than our current situation!!!

Being relegated - and failing to come up were far worse - worse even than '86 and certainly a lot worse than our current situation!!!

Only for those over the age of about 35. For a huge % of our support this is as bad as it has ever been and the decline continues to gather pace.

So nearly two-thirds of those who have voted currently feel worse about the club than they ever have done previously. Given that Kickback is the only known habitat of the endangered species commonly referred to as the Vladsheep and consequently tends to feature pro-Romanov views that are never encountered elsewhere, that is a pretty damning indictment of the mentalist's stewardship of the club.

I haven't read every post on this thread, but I don't doubt the view is expressed here and there that people who chose the first option did not experience the relegation years. To which my only reply would be: bollox.

Charlie-Brown

Everybody is different and has their own opinions and of course some are older than others which means they experienced things that younger one's couldn't......last season Hearts beat virtually every other SPL team and lost to virtually every other SPL and that is roughly what we are like just now - can beat anybody / can lose to anybody ..... there was some seasons where we just got thumped on a weekly basis with little or no prospect of improvement which for me was worse. Individual defeats have provided the lowest moments though.

Everybody is different and has their own opinions and of course some are older than others which means they experienced things that younger one's couldn't......last season Hearts beat virtually every other SPL team and lost to virtually every other SPL and that is roughly what we are like just now - can beat anybody / can lose to anybody ..... there was some seasons where we just got thumped on a weekly basis with little or no prospect of improvement which for me was worse. Individual defeats have provided the lowest moments though.

During the unpredictable years we weren't chucking silly wages about and jeopardising our future.

MacDonald Jardine
So nearly two-thirds of those who have voted currently feel worse about the club than they ever have done previously. Given that Kickback is the only known habitat of the endangered species commonly referred to as the Vladsheep and consequently tends to feature pro-Romanov views that are never encountered elsewhere, that is a pretty damning indictment of the mentalist's stewardship of the club.

I haven't read every post on this thread, but I don't doubt the view is expressed here and there that people who chose the first option did not experience the relegation years. To which my only reply would be: bollox.

The other side of that is the Hearts fans I meet are not representative of the views on here.

You see, if it was only defeats or league position that made us feel bad about the club, then we'd be better off taking the bus through to Glasgow every second week. Similarly, those who have replied that they felt worse about the club after an individual defeat (for example Dens) are, in my view, missing the point by about as wide a margin as they possibly could. Sure, we all shed our tears after Dens, but did any of us actually believe the club was in a really terrible position then? I believe the scope of the question posed in the OP is far wider than anything that could be encompassed by a single match.

Francis Albert
Similarly, those who have replied that they felt worse about the club after an individual defeat (for example Dens) are, in my view, missing the point by about as wide a margin as they possibly could.

The question was when did you feel worst. By answering it honestly I can't see how you are missing the point. For me it was the Killie defeat in 1965. It was my first expereience of the sort of disappointment that every Hearts fan has to learn to live with. I don't see why that means I should shift my allegiance to the OF. Objectively the three relegations were the worst of times. We were on the brink of going part time and sinking out of the top flight of Scottish football forever.

The question was when did you feel worst. By answering it honestly I can't see how you are missing the point. For me it was the Killie defeat in 1965. It was my first expereience of the sort of disappointment that every Hearts fan has to learn to live with. I don't see why that means I should shift my allegiance to the OF. Objectively the three relegations were the worst of times. We were on the brink of going part time and sinking out of the top flight of Scottish football forever.

Fair enough. In my view, though, the options and the OP suggest that this is not about your worst individual experience with Hearts but about the period or era in which you felt worst about the club. With many others, I am currently experiencing what has been referred to as "disconnect", a feeling that no amount of incompetence in the boardroom or on the pitch has ever previously induced in me. I have got to the stage where I feel that the person calling the shots actually hates Hearts and our supporters.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Fair enough. In my view, though, the options and the OP suggest that this is not about your worst individual experience with Hearts but about the period or era in which you felt worst about the club. With many others, I am currently experiencing what has been referred to as "disconnect", a feeling that no amount of incompetence in the boardroom or on the pitch has ever previously induced in me. I have got to the stage where I feel that the person calling the shots actually hates Hearts and our supporters.[/QUOTE]

Its worse than hate: It's indifference.

I think also that this thread, with responses about Dens, '65, and other single events, some people are being disengenuous. Of course these events are terrible. My own lowest point was the Celtic semi-final and Henry's antics at both goals. As a single event it was for the the worst low ever. 1986 was such an emotional time that it was numbing experience but the fact was after years of decline we were back at last.

Also the 70's were a time where the support drifted badly and we all wondered how long Hearts were for this world. If guys who were around then cannot see that now we are facing a similar scenario where we really might go to the wall this time, then why they are not shouting from the rooftops about doing all they can to avert the possible catastrophe is beyond me. It might start with relegation again.

Forget history and you are condemned to repeat it.

Too many just don't want to think about the reality by blocking it out and saying " we have been there before." Yes, we have, we got through it. That is no guarantee that we will escape it again.

Adi Dassler
Fair enough. In my view' date=' though, the options and the OP suggest that this is not about your worst individual experience with Hearts but about the period or era in which you felt worst about the club. With many others, I am currently experiencing what has been referred to as "disconnect", a feeling that no amount of incompetence in the boardroom or on the pitch has ever previously induced in me. [b']I have got to the stage where I feel that the person calling the shots actually hates Hearts and our supporters.[/[/b]QUOTE]

Its worse than hate: It's indifference.

I think also that this thread, with responses about Dens, '65, and other single events, some people are being disengenuous. Of course these events are terrible. My own lowest point was the Celtic semi-final and Henry's antics at both goals. As a single event it was for the the worst low ever. 1986 was such an emotional time that it was numbing experience but the fact was after years of decline we were back at last.

Also the 70's were a time where the support drifted badly and we all wondered how long Hearts were for this world. If guys who were around then cannot see that now we are facing a similar scenario where we really might go to the wall this time, then why they are not shouting from the rooftops about doing all they can to avert the possible catastrophe is beyond me. It might start with relegation again.

Too many just don't want to think about the reality by blocking it out and saying " we have been there before." Yes, we have, we got through it. That is no guarantee that we will escape it again.

It's only going to get worse IMO.

The first 3 months (if that) of the season is real make or break time, there has to be signs of improvement shortly in terms of attitude from the Russians otherwise i think there will be real mutiny.

I just cannot see anything happening with the managerial situation or an improvement in the playing side. As i said, the first 3 months (if that) are crucial and i have a real fear that we could go down next year if we do not start well.

Something will have to be done shortly, our feelings have to be made clear, but......what can you do? Not an awfult lot but you can't just sit back and take it.

Anyway, to answer your question Robbo, no i have never felt worse about things. Things are looking very very bleak at the moment.

scott herbertson

Also the 70's were a time where the support drifted badly and we all wondered how long Hearts were for this world. If guys who were around then cannot see that now we are facing a similar scenario where we really might go to the wall this time' date=' then why they are not shouting from the rooftops about doing all they can to avert the possible catastrophe is beyond me. It might start with relegation again.

Too many just don't want to think about the reality by blocking it out and saying " we have been there before." Yes, we have, we got through it. That is no guarantee that we will escape it again.[/quote']

I agree with that up to a point. I think we are in a different position to the mess the club found itself in the 70's. Then we had major shareholders who were ageing and incapable of getting Hearts out of a spiral of decline. The main protest of the fans was to organise mass demonstrations behind the main stand at teh end of games. They were well attended and I can remember standing there with the others shouting "The Board must go"

What we wanted then was for the board to step aside and someone to come in and invest money in the playing side. We would have bitten off your hand for Romanov. In the event the board clung on to power as long as it could until Archie Martin, IIRC organised the rescue of Hearts. After a few years of turmoils Mercer came in, but only after threats and rumours that a Hibs supporting bookie would buy us out (that was a real low point)

What we have now is different in many ways. In some ways Hearts are stronger - we have much larger crowds, proportionately larger turnover, a far superior playing squad, full time players, a far better stadium, a far better youth policy

At the meeting I referrred to in the late 70's we had something to focus on - the possiblity of someone or a consortium of Hearts supporters bidding to take control of the club. The situation was almost entirely amalogous with the situation we foiund ourselves in 3 years ago. Then we escaped the bogeyman of the Hibs bookie. This time we failed to find the cash or a Hearts minded buyer and VR stepped in.

I think the major problem we have now is we are over reliant on one man, and that he has all of our asset from abroad. If he insists on hanging around, then unlike CPR we can't really make it all that uncomfortable for him. The shouting from the rooftops option is a bit like ****ing into the wind.

one thing I think we could clarify amongst ourselves is what is the purpose of any protest.

Is it simply the delivery of a manager with repsonsibility for team selection?

Or is it the removal of Romanov?

The former could unite 99% of the people on this board, the latter IMO wopuld be divisive unless we had a relaistic alternative

Fair point and that is your opinion however I think he is nuts myself. What else could someone who has a business that could be enormous on the domestic and possibly with the right management and funding, big on the European stage. I am not living in fantasy land here and am not talking about beating Man Utd in the Champions League final but I am saying we could actually do something!

We are football supporters. We jeer and shout names at our rivals & sing songs at them. Sorry but ff Vlad continues in this manner then he is fair game IMO. IMO he was fair game a long time ago......

Hypothetically, just say that one day you decide to do a protest because things are that bad. I gather from your post that it will be a staged tea party with everyone writing a letter to Mr Romanov, however it wont contain any strong words in case of offending anyone.

WAKEY, WAKEY! OUR CLUB IS IN TROUBLE!!!

Judging by your previous post, I would say that maybe you should take up knitting or something less stressful. Really not into having a go at you however you have had a go at people for things such as posting stuff about hibs failures on here. I think you are maybe a wee bit too polictically correct to be a football supporter! Murrayfield is just a stones throw away!!!

And before anyone has a pop...... I played rugby for years and actually like it!

Thanks for your advise. Now **** off. :)

And who the **** are you to tell me to go watch Rugby? I hate Rugby. Just because I don't resort to saying Romaknob does not mean I love the guy. For the last time, it is hilarious when Hibs fail but my point was that it was ironic for someone to blast Hibs fans for laughing at '86 whilst posting a video of Hibs losing the diddy cup final and saying how great it was. If you don't understand that then there's nothing I can do about it.

Thunderstruck

I beg to differ. The high percentage who vote for the present day situation, IMHO, gives a good indication of the age profile of the disaffected. A sizeable number of them wouldn't have been alive when Jambos had to endure the "yo-yo" years.

Other posters above have talked of doom and gloom merchants. I would go further and suggest that a significant number can be classed as "defeatists". The corrosive effect is as clear in JKB as it is inside Tynecastle when things don't go according to plan. It seems that a number on here like to wallow in misery.

This isn't the lowest I have felt. That had to be back when CPR announced his intention to sell Tynie for flats, with no backup plan beyond moving the team to Murrayfield. The hobos just about exploded with glee - I remember all the countdown sigs - and there appeared to be no hope left whatsoever.

This is when Romanov appeared on the scene. I'm far from an unquestioning supporter of the man, but I think a lot of people forget that he was prepared to buy into the club (and stop the sale of the stadium) at a time when nobody else appeared interested. We are certainly in a bad way right now, but without VR we would have been playing at MF for the last three years or so. Would that be better?

I think about Hearts all the time and these are now my regular thoughts

fear, disbelief, anger and apathy

crazy_jambo_2006

individual games which made me feel the worst were: i) getting horsed 5-2 at home by Partick and ii) humped by Gers 5-1 in Cup Final. But those were individual games/moments. As for generally feeling bad about Hearts,I would say this is the worst I've felt. Thanks, Vlad.

Rudolf's Mate
Thanks for your advise. Now **** off. :)

And who the **** are you to tell me to go watch Rugby? I hate Rugby. Just because I don't resort to saying Romaknob does not mean I love the guy. For the last time, it is hilarious when Hibs fail but my point was that it was ironic for someone to blast Hibs fans for laughing at '86 whilst posting a video of Hibs losing the diddy cup final and saying how great it was. If you don't understand that then there's nothing I can do about it.

Horrah.... You said a naughty word! Taken ur advice however computer says NO!

Whilst there have been worse times (relegation) this is the most frustrating, we had the potential to literally win the league but unless things change quickly we will be in the relegation battle next season and may not survive it

I voted St Johnstone as I am too young to remember the 70s and early 80s, so I dont know how bad now is compared to then.

However things are as ****, really really **** at the moment.

:(

scott herbertson
Whilst there have been worse times (relegation) this is the most frustrating, we had the potential to literally win the league but unless things change quickly we will be in the relegation battle next season and may not survive it

That's a different question and I agree entirely that this is the most frustrating time , ever...

I would put this as the fourth worse out of 7 really bad times

1. When we nearly went out of business in the 70's - meeting at the West End (in the Liberal Club IIRC) there were about 100 people ther interested in saving Hearts. John Fairgrieve the EEN journo (and big jambo) spoke eloquently but the general opinion was Hearts were probaby going to go out of existence like Third Lanark had done .

2. Home vs Ayr United to get relegated for the first time in our history - felt like we were a tainted generation of supporters who in 20 years had seen Hearts fall from the pinnacle to the pits. Similar to what 20-35 year olds must be feeling now

3. When CPR announced Tynecastle 'not fit for purpose'. Having just got involved intrying to save my local non league club and my best mate having just 'lost' the Wimbledon he loved I was very pessimistic about our future

4. Now (or for me more specifically the appointment of Rix and team selection at ER that day it became apparent VR at best didn't understand and at worst didn't care)

5. The Willie Bauld testimonial disaster (where we charged him for the match ball - to our eternal shame)

6. The sale of Willie Wallace to celtic (writing on the wall that we were a spent force)

7. The 0-1 home defeat by part time East Stirling in October 1981. the most desperate game I've ever seen us play (and I've seen a few). Not just pants but an old tramp's second pair of pants

Excellent post Scott, if you don't mind, i'll just go along with your post!:)

colinmaroon
I would put this as the fourth worse out of 7 really bad times

1. When we nearly went out of business in the 70's - meeting at the West End (in the Liberal Club IIRC) there were about 100 people ther interested in saving Hearts. John Fairgrieve the EEN journo (and big jambo) spoke eloquently but the general opinion was Hearts were probaby going to go out of existence like Third Lanark had done .

2. Home vs Ayr United to get relegated for the first time in our history - felt like we were a tainted generation of supporters who in 20 years had seen Hearts fall from the pinnacle to the pits. Similar to what 20-35 year olds must be feeling now

3. When CPR announced Tynecastle 'not fit for purpose'. Having just got involved intrying to save my local non league club and my best mate having just 'lost' the Wimbledon he loved I was very pessimistic about our future

4. Now (or for me more specifically the appointment of Rix and team selection at ER that day it became apparent VR at best didn't understand and at worst didn't care)

5. The Willie Bauld testimonial disaster (where we charged him for the match ball - to our eternal shame)

6. The sale of Willie Wallace to celtic (writing on the wall that we were a spent force)

7. The 0-1 home defeat by part time East Stirling in October 1981. the most desperate game I've ever seen us play (and I've seen a few). Not just pants but an old tramp's second pair of pants

Excellent post Scott, if you don't mind, i'll just go along with your post!:)

I'll second that emotion and -

Bollox to those who say bollox!!!

portobellojambo1
That's a different question and I agree entirely that this is the most frustrating time , ever...

And I think it is that frustration that is manifesting itself in anger Scott. As football fans you can accept losing if it is deserved (not a nice feeling but it happens in football), it is much more difficult to accept losing and a poor team/management structure when the solution seems so easy (and sensible).

Maroon Mayhem

I see this thread has captured the limited imagination of our friends at Hibs.net.

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=121116

I know you chaps believe that the world stopped the day you came to Tynie and beat us 7-0 but guess what - a lot's happened since then! Amazing how every Hibby you speak to was at the game and has a programme, even the under 30's - bless ya all.

It seems you've been telling us so all along - really? What you've actually been doing is bricking yourselves in case Romanov appoints another Burley and lets him manage. You're been bricking yourselves in case Romanov builds the stand and Hearts start to motor.

You're rubbing your wee chugging mitts with glee when you talk about Romanov because it allows you to forget for a few precious moments.

• Forget that Wallace Mercer came very close to wiping you out.

• Forget that you haven't won the cup in :107years:

• Forget that you couldn't even take 10,000 to a cup semi replay when we took over 50,000 to a friendly.

• Forget that your club gave up the chase on 2/4/6 when neither your team nor your fans wanted to know

At the end of the day, at least our owner is sticking his hands in his pocket, just not in the right way. Your owner has it but won't - how frustrating is that! Till he does, you'll need to content yourselves with threads about signing Clum!

So whilst you're still getting all dewy eyed over grainy images of your 7-0 victory a LOT has happened.

Love you all x

Feel almost dirty looking at that message board. But noticed one of their muppets thinks it is only 106 years in a row and we are all thick. Cannot seem to work out that even if they were to win it next year would still be 107years since the last time. :107years:

Archived