Worst you've ever felt about Hearts?

Robbo27_22

Is this the worst you have felt about our club?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Is this the worst you have felt about our club?

• Yes, I can see no way forward
    • No, 70's and early 80's were heartbreaking
    • No, McLean was an absolute tool
    • St Johnstone

Nucky Thompson
What an unbelievably stupid responce,mind it is you right enough.

Oh and for the record,Mr Boob,I would think that Hib's best chance of winning the Scottish cup would have been when they were actually in the final,not a semi-final.

Your wrong, Hibs best chance was the semi in 2006 because it was Gretna waiting in the Final, but we all know what happened:107years:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
shaun.lawson
Mercer was getting hounded out with the pitch forks near the end. I remember the whole shed signing Mercer, Mercer GTF..

Then he returned a few years later, was given an ovation (I think), and Craig Levein's succint analysis was:

"**** off for five years and they love you!"

I'll never, ever agree with what he tried to do to Hibs - but his place in the club's history is a very, very positive one. Without Wallace Mercer, there'd have been no modern day HMFC.

Mercer was getting hounded out with the pitch forks near the end. I remember the whole shed signing Mercer, Mercer GTF..

Very true. The last 3 years of his tenure he had began to lose a bit of interest and wanted to retire to the South of France.

But the first ten years were fecking tremendous.

His leadership and Alex McDonald's incredible ability to make a silk purse from a sow's ear made for a quite amazing journey.

Miller Jambo 60
In all honesty, I've never felt worse.

And before anyone gets on their high horse, Yes I was around for staying in the 1st division.

That era was weird because even though I was a youngster, I distinctly remember that everyone knew the players we had were absolute keech.

McLean was a huge sinking feeling but at least then we had an identity to follow.

This is just dire - no direction, no one listening on the board, 6 months to appoint a boss and we cant even persuade our 1st two options, an owner who just wont butt out even though it's painfully obvious that his methods dont work, empty promises and lies on a regular basis, players wanting to leave right, left and centre, sheer apathy from the fans and many more reasons.

I used to get excited at this stage every year - now, I'm dreading the season ahead.

Dundee Hearts 86

chester copperpot
Undoubtably.

He lost it a bit towards the end but were it not for him I very much doubt Hearts would have been anywhere near the team they became.

RIP Wallace.

That post was just awesome sir. My thoughts to a tee.

Nucky Thompson
Very true. The last 3 years of his tenure he had began to lose a bit of interest and wanted to retire to the South of France.

His leadership and Alex McDonald's incredible ability to make a silk purse from a sow's ear made for a quite amazing journey.

Agreed. Alex McDonald must be my favorite Hearts manager, the guy was quality.

Well why don't you blame WM for all what's wrong at Hearts today(not you personally cat),afterall if he had just kept his interest up for a few years more we might not have had CPR and then in turn there would have been no Vlad.

Nucky Thompson
Well why don't you blame WM for all what's wrong at Hearts today(not you personally cat),afterall if he had just kept his interest up for a few years more we might not have had CPR and then in turn there would have been no Vlad.
If my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle:rolleyes:

Agreed. Alex McDonald must be my favorite Hearts manager, the guy was quality.

Think how proud we were to be Hearts fans then.

We used to march into Parkhead or Pittodrie with our heads held high and just giving them the look that said "We are Hearts. **** you."

I just don't feel like that nowadays :sad:

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

This whole debate us relative of course. I know younger Jambos who laugh when you mention relegation. They have no conception of it and refuse to believe it can or ever will happen to Hearts. It is just not up for discussion.

People thought the same in 1977.

Comparing the various inglorious periods of HMFC's history can be like these daft "100 Greatest.. Actors, Films etc" that Channel Four springs up from time to time. I recall that the 100 greatest actors had Johnny Depp at No2!!! Yes, Willy Wonka considered a better actor than DeNiro, Pacino, Alex Guiness, Charles Laughton, Laurence Olivier, Richard Burton and Peter O'Toole!!! (Brando was first). We are all inclined to forget the past for the latest fad, because its considered more fashionable and trendy.

The difference for me and the previous dark times is that the disconnection has become a reality for many and that never happened before that I know of. You just feel nothing for what is appearing in maroon shirts on the park.

That for me is bad. Incomparably bad.

scott herbertson
This whole debate us relative of course. I know younger Jambos who laugh when you mention relegation. They have no conception of it and refuse to believe it can or ever will happen to Hearts. It is just not up for discussion.

People thought the same in 1977.

Comparing the various inglorious periods of HMFC's history can be like these daft "100 Greatest.. Actors, Films etc" that Channel Four springs up from time to time. I recall that the 100 greatest actors had Johnny Depp at No2!!! Yes, Willy Wonka considered a better actor than DeNiro, Pacino, Alex Guiness, Charles Laughton, Laurence Olivier, Richard Burton and Peter O'Toole!!! (Brando was first). We are all inclined to forget the past for the latest fad, because its considered more fashionable and trendy.

The difference for me and the previous dark times is that the disconnection has become a reality for many and that never happened before that I know of. You just feel nothing for what is appearing in maroon shirts on the park.

That for me is bad. Incomparably bad.

I'm not sure you can really say that. In the same season we lost to east stirling at home there were 2,900 for a home league game vs hamilton. There were plenty of people who 'disconnected' from Hearts in those seasons, never to come back. Most of thepeople who look ack fondly on those times are those in the age group 12-25 at the time, who had never experienced the good times of the 50's and early 60's so had no reference point.

Those who disconnected in the 70's and 80's were those who had seen good times, just like we all have now. we face the possibility of haemorraging andother generation of Hearts supporters

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
I'm not sure you can really say that. In the same season we lost to east stirling at home there were 2,900 for a home league game vs hamilton. There were plenty of people who 'disconnected' from Hearts in those seasons, never to come back. Most of thepeople who look ack fondly on those times are those in the age group 12-25 at the time, who had never experienced the good times of the 50's and early 60's so had no reference point.

Those who disconnected in the 70's and 80's were those who had seen good times, just like we all have now. we face the possibility of haemorraging andother generation of Hearts supporters

Yes but I thought the whole point of Romanov was to "believe?

Crowds all over Scotland in those days were low anyway.

Can you honestly say where all this might lead us to?

And in those days it only took a ?250k pledge from Wallace Mercer to save us from oblivion. He then proceeded to rebuild Hearts systematically with shrewd signings and of course the odd mistake or two (Pettigrew/Addison) but we got there.

What will it take to improve things now? We are solely at the whim of one man who feels NOTHING for Hearts.

1981 and all that was bad.

This is potentially worse as we get in a bigger hole that we just cannot get out off.

I cant believe we ares till debating this. On JKB anyway, where anything is possible, as every Jambo I know is really fearful of the future.

MacDonald Jardine

Absolutely.

A lot of posters look at the 70s/80s with misty eyed nostalgia.

My worst day was the 96 cup final.

Had such high hopes, only to have them ripped away.

I was there in 1986, but to young to realise the signifcance at the time.

At the time I just assumed we would win it next year.

Bad feeling lot worse to come with this current regime.

I hate this famous club, being the laughing stock of scotland.

We should be feared not mocked.

Exactly the reason why this crisis is so serious, and unchartered territory for many football clubs, let alone our own one.

I completely agree. If I had moved away from Edinburgh a few years ago I would probably have made the effort to go up the road most week's for home games, certainly.

Not even a consideration now, I'll probably head to a few different English games instead.

scott herbertson
Yes but I thought the whole point of Romanov was to "believe?

Crowds all over Scotland in those days were low anyway.

Can you honestly say where all this might lead us to?

And in those days it only took a ?250k pledge from Wallace Mercer to save us from oblivion. He then proceeded to rebuild Hearts systematically with shrewd signings and of course the odd mistake or two (Pettigrew/Addison) but we got there.

What will it take to improve things now? We are solely at the whim of one man who feels NOTHING for Hearts.

1981 and all that was bad.

This is potentially worse as we get in a bigger hole that we just cannot get out off.

I cant believe we ares till debating this. On JKB anyway, where anything is possible, as every Jambo I know is really fearful of the future.

I'm not sure what your point is. Where did I say I was an apologist for Romanov?

I was saying that the 1970's were possibly MORE terrible, but only marginally.

The 2007/8s are still terrible!

As to where the current terribleness is leading us to, probably to even worse times before they get better again if they ever do. I am not sure why I am being asked to 'honestly' say that?

Nucky Thompson
My worst day was the 96 cup final.

Had such high hopes, only to have them ripped away.

I was there in 1986, but to young to realise the signifcance at the time.

At the time I just assumed we would win it next year.

Bad feeling lot worse to come with this current regime.

I hate this famous club, being the laughing stock of scotland.

We should be feared not mocked.

This laughing stock thing is really getting to me:cool: The Hobos lost the right to laugh at us on 02/04/06, the feelings from that game should last a life time. Aberdeen can't laugh at us as they have been a joke since the '80's. We are irrelevant to the gruesome twosome because they are in their own little bubble:rolleyes: so who does that leave laughing at us?

Romanov has spread his emotion fatigue virus. The symptoms and side effects are hard to shake off. Have renewed, just couldn?t bring myself not to.

Paisley Jambo
:rofl::rofl: Vlad done plenty of damage to Hibs when he masterminded the 4-0 semi drubbing, their best chance in over 100 years to lift the Cup:107years:

With all due respect I feel that the Cup win was inspite of Vlad and not because of him.

Burley and Webster fiascos and Rudi feeling he had no option but to leave had already been orchestrated by the Lithuanian.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
I'm not sure what your point is. Where did I say I was an apologist for Romanov?

I was saying that the 1970's were possibly MORE terrible, but only marginally.

The 2007/8s are still terrible!

As to where the current terribleness is leading us to, probably to even worse times before they get better again if they ever do. I am not sure why I am being asked to 'honestly' say that?

Nowhere. But you have been strident in the past with your pro Vlad views but like many are you trying now to distance yourself? I have lost count of the times I have read "when was I an apologist for Romanov?"

Guys like you harping on about past bad times really deflect from the fact that this time the decline may be terminal, and just laugh it off as part of the inevitable cycle of Hearts ups and downs. This time it really could be the end.

Anyway, I have stayed away from JKB for a while now. The continual strident Vlad apologising bears absolutely no resemblance to my experience of Hearts. Also the constant Hibs bating of anyone that has a contrary position is bordering on fascistic in its intolerance.

JKB seems to be the last refuge of Romanov apologists these days.

Paisley Jambo
The club was in danger of folding in 1981 then there was 2 rescue offers - one from Hibby Kenny Waugh and the other from Wallace Mercer persuaded by Donald Ford, 18 months later having failed to win promotion the players were playing for their livelihood and had we not won promotion in 1982-83 season the club was going part-time and promising youngsters Bowman, MacKay & Robertson sold......now that was a massively important season for us and clinching promotion in this match http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/19830507.html was the most important result in the clubs recent history only surpassed by 16th May 1998.

Fond memories :):):)

This laughing stock thing is really getting to me:cool: The Hobos lost the right to laugh at us on 02/04/06, the feelings from that game should last a life time. Aberdeen can't laugh at us as they have been a joke since the '80's. We are irrelevant to the gruesome twosome because they are in their own little bubble:rolleyes: so who does that leave laughing at us?

We are a laughing stock there is no doubting it.

Take it you have been on the moon for the last couple of years.

No offence mate, we have went from one low to another.

People laugh at our demise, there is no denying that.

Teams used to fear coming to tynie, now there thinking which team is there madman going to send out.

All the while the hearts fans sit and take it.

To me that constitutes a laughing stock.

Maybe its just my opinion

Ps not taking a dig mate just a matter of opinion

Nucky Thompson
We are a laughing stock there is no doubting it.

Take it you have been on the moon for the last couple of years.

No offence mate, we have went from one low to another.

People laugh at our demise, there is no denying that.

Teams used to fear coming to tynie, now there thinking which team is there madman going to send out.

All the while the hearts fans sit and take it.

To me that constitutes a laughing stock.

Maybe its just my opinion

Ps not taking a dig mate just a matter of opinion

No offence taken mate. It's just that I couldn't give a hoot if anyone is laughing at us. I'm still laughing at Hibs every time I think back to that semi and their insistence the game should take place at Hampden:) They got their wish but their fans didn't show up:cool: That should be rammed down their throats every time they try to laugh at us.

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/20050413.html

or some point in the winless run that followed.

First Home Derby defeat in years. Hot on the heels of the cup exit and the whole embaressing 'booing the dead pope' incident. The club going down the drain financially with no hope of retaining Tynecastle in sight apart from the slightly unsettling prospect of this mysterious eccentric Lithuanian millionaire which all seemed a bit far fetched at the time.

I'm generally an optimistic type but walking out of Tynecastle in the ****ing rain* to the jeers of triumphant Hibs Casuals singing "The pope says he loves you" that wet Wednesday night with the real belief that there might soon be no more Tynecastle Derbies to avenge them at.

It was the point where you couldn't even say the oft repeated mantra of "Ach well, there's always next season" with any degree of confidence. The despair of that moment sticks in my mind ahead of any of the others (and there have been a few)

* It may or may not have actually been raining but it certainly should have been

scott herbertson
Nowhere. But you have been strident in the past with your pro Vlad views but like many are you trying now to distance yourself? I have lost count of the times I have read "when was I an apologist for Romanov?"

Guys like you harping on about past bad times really deflect from the fact that this time the decline may be terminal, and just laugh it off as part of the inevitable cycle of Hearts ups and downs. This time it really could be the end.

Anyway, I have stayed away from JKB for a while now. The continual strident Vlad apologising bears absolutely no resemblance to my experience of Hearts. Also the constant Hibs bating of anyone that has a contrary position is bordering on fascistic in its intolerance.

JKB seems to be the last refuge of Romanov apologists these days.

I'm hardly harping about past bad times in answering a poll which asks posters to answer options about which were the worst times. About 20% seem to feel like me that the 70's/ 80's were the worst. I suspect that proportion is higher amongst those who actually endured those times.

re Romanov I have never been a 'strident apologist' and resent that categorisation as much as I dislike the shoehorning of others into categories.

I don't think Romanov is the devil or a saint.

I have said all along that I have worries about Romanov. I have long argued in favour of Supporters Trusts and their ownership of football clubs and against single owners, especially those who have no association with the club. I have repeatedly referred to my own direct experience of Wimbledon FC and Kingstonian FC, both clubs which were destroyed by owners who were not born in Britain and who had no direct links with the clubs they bought. In both cases the warning signs were when club was separated from its assets. hence my suspicions about Romanov have always been focused on property / stadium matters rather than team issues, worrying though those are.

However this doesn't lead me to a kind of Animal farm rationale where everything Romanov does must be part of some sort of evil masterplan to destroy Hearts, and where praising anything he does is somehow traiterous.

Pants Shaton

I certainly wouldn't have Scott down as a Romanov apologist.

Most of us have been pragmatists, although some have found it easier to dichotomise the Hearts support into sheep and kickers.

When Vlad arrived he was the only show in town and was applauded both for keeping Hearts at Tynecastle and funding the success of season 2005/2006. Some of us stopped 'BELIEVEing' after Burley; some after he appointed Rix, Duff, Valdas, Malofeev...; some when he failed to prepare us for CL football; some after the systematic dismantling of a quality squad; some after the Riccarton incident... The list goes on. As things stand most Hearts fans have had enough.

For me the hopelessness stems from ths simple fact that, with very little change, things could be so much better. Appointing a manager and allowing him to manage. Simple.

At least when we were watching Mclean's team narrowly avoid the drop we knew it was because the squad lacked ability, there was no lack of effort. The current squad is overpaid, dispirited, lazy and indisciplined. Mostly a consequence of no single person wielding authority over the squad.

If there is a strategy leading to a bright future, why are so many of us unhappy? If such a strategy exists, Romanov should be clearly expounding that message to the fans. The current mess is either a failure of PR or, more likely, a chaotic mess - and no amount of PR can polish a turd.

Dirk Diggler

Personally, I felt worse in 1999 when we found ourselves in a relegation dogfight despite having virtually the same squad that had done so well the year before.

I sure as hell felt worse when we were ready to sell Tynecastle and had Joe Hamill and Neil Janczek in midfield.

Come to think of it, I hated the season that Tommy Mclean was in charge of.

Too young for the relegation years, But I imagine that was a right pi55er as well.

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/20050413.html

or some point in the winless run that followed.

First Home Derby defeat in years. Hot on the heels of the cup exit and the whole embaressing 'booing the dead pope' incident. The club going down the drain financially with no hope of retaining Tynecastle in sight apart from the slightly unsettling prospect of this mysterious eccentric Lithuanian millionaire which all seemed a bit far fetched at the time.

I'm generally an optimistic type but walking out of Tynecastle in the ****ing rain* to the jeers of triumphant Hibs Casuals singing "The pope says he loves you" that wet Wednesday night with the real belief that there might soon be no more Tynecastle Derbies to avenge them at.

It was the point where you couldn't even say the oft repeated mantra of "Ach well, there's always next season" with any degree of confidence. The despair of that moment sticks in my mind ahead of any of the others (and there have been a few)

* It may or may not have actually been raining but it certainly should have been

I remember that all too well. I had to drive back to Bolton that night and was up for an early start at work. If I remember correctly, that was also the night our faint hopes of Europe went away. I remember a wee girl crying and telling her we'd get our own back but it did feel terrible at the time.

I did enjoy the 4-0 humping we gave them in the next game though :)

Only a Game
Personally, I felt worse in 1999 when we found ourselves in a relegation dogfight despite having virtually the same squad that had done so well the year before.

I sure as hell felt worse when we were ready to sell Tynecastle and had Joe Hamill and Neil Janczek in midfield.

Come to think of it, I hated the season that Tommy Mclean was in charge of.

Too young for the relegation years, But I imagine that was a right pi55er as well.

The seasons we actually got relegated were pretty low yes, but perversely the seasons we were actually down there were amongst the best I can remember, especially for away games.

The lowest point for anyone who was around at the time has to be Dens Park

The lowest period as a Hearts fan for me is right now, this close season. Although to be fair I've probably forgotten loads of times when I felt worse than this. They tend to melt into the background when something good happens again.

Rudolf's Mate

Even 6 months ago you?d have heard me saying it was the finale to 86. Now it?s here and now without a doubt. I was 13 in 86 and although I was at all the home games I didn't travel to Dundee with the old man. Being 13 I was able to move on fairly quickly however I was in tears after the defeat to the Sheep in the final and that did stay with me for one reason.... Got back from the game with the old man and my dearest mother had left a hearts cake on the kitchen table which had writing on it saying cup winners! The old man painted the kitchen wall with it!!!

6 months ago I lived in hope that things would improve but realised they could get worse. They are worse and no doubt could worsen however the way I feel about things, way I am feeling about my club have left an almost emptiness!

Nearing the end of the season I had got to a point when we missed the top split that I wanted the club to lose the remaining games!!! I have never in my life wanted us to lose a game however I genuinely thought that this would be the only way that would turn the masses or instigate some kind of action from the club. Before any of you start slating me for thinking this way, I honestly thought that it was the only way.

I want my club back. I am bringing my son up a Jambo (no question) but I want him to experience the highs (hopefully not this low) that I felt as a fan of this club. I am still fiercely proud to be a jambo however I am also embarrassed!

Just a short one to end. I obviously live near Portsmouth and have family in the navy. I was shown around HMS Gloucester this morning by my other half?s brother. In the officers mess we had a cup of coffee and as a joke they tried giving me my cuppa from a rankgers mug! Obviously I refused however later on I was introduced to the owner of the mug who was informed I wouldn?t take a drink from it and he immediately thought I was a Smeltic fan. When I said I was a jambo he said ?poor bar steward?

I believed that we could hold our heads up high for many reasons however pride & our integrity was unquestionable. Although I am proud I feel a great damage has been done to our club and it?s going to take an enormous effort by Vlad to repair it!

I'm hardly harping about past bad times in answering a poll which asks posters to answer options about which were the worst times. About 20% seem to feel like me that the 70's/ 80's were the worst. I suspect that proportion is higher amongst those who actually endured those times.

re Romanov I have never been a 'strident apologist' and resent that categorisation as much as I dislike the shoehorning of others into categories.

I don't think Romanov is the devil or a saint.

I have said all along that I have worries about Romanov. I have long argued in favour of Supporters Trusts and their ownership of football clubs and against single owners, especially those who have no association with the club. I have repeatedly referred to my own direct experience of Wimbledon FC and Kingstonian FC, both clubs which were destroyed by owners who were not born in Britain and who had no direct links with the clubs they bought. In both cases the warning signs were when club was separated from its assets. hence my suspicions about Romanov have always been focused on property / stadium matters rather than team issues, worrying though those are.

However this doesn't lead me to a kind of Animal farm rationale where everything Romanov does must be part of some sort of evil masterplan to destroy Hearts, and where praising anything he does is somehow traiterous.

I agree and that is exactly the problem with Kickback just now.

I'm sure everybody on here is worried about the future and has major concerns with Romanov. However, that does not mean that every single thing that he has done has been bad for the club. It seems now that everything is being blamed on Romanov, notably the Andy Webster situation. Once you start blaming him for things that are not his fault and change his name to "Mad Vlad" or "Romaknob" then you also start to lose credibility with your argument.

If we want to do something about the situation then there is no point in people being labelled as "Vlad sheep" just because they give an honest opinion on the current situation. It is possible to be negative about what has happened under Romanov without making him out to be the devil who does everything in his power to make the situation worse for Hearts.

Rudolf's Mate
I agree and that is exactly the problem with Kickback just now.

I'm sure everybody on here is worried about the future and has major concerns with Romanov. However, that does not mean that every single thing that he has done has been bad for the club. It seems now that everything is being blamed on Romanov, notably the Andy Webster situation. Once you start blaming him for things that are not his fault and change his name to "Mad Vlad" or "Romaknob" then you also start to lose credibility with your argument.

If we want to do something about the situation then there is no point in people being labelled as "Vlad sheep" just because they give an honest opinion on the current situation. It is possible to be negative about what has happened under Romanov without making him out to be the devil who does everything in his power to make the situation worse for Hearts.

I am not so sure I agree with you on the "lose credibility" just because some people have changed his name. Maybe not all he's done is bad however anything he has done which could be seen to be good is easily erased when it all seems bad of late.

I didn't actually vote on this thread as I didn't agree with all of the choices. For me it is now however there is always a way forward!

I am not so sure I agree with you on the "lose credibility" just because some people have changed his name. Maybe not all he's done is bad however anything he has done which could be seen to be good is easily erased when it all seems bad of late.

I didn't actually vote on this thread as I didn't agree with all of the choices. For me it is now however there is always a way forward!

Yes, I understand why people make out that everything that he has done is bad but when people on here start claiming it was his fault for Andy Webster leaving etc. then it is difficult to reason with them. I accept that some things that have happened are not his fault and that some are. Of course the good things he has done are fading but that does not mean he can be blamed for things that were not his fault.

They may change Romanov's name and make a fair point but I find it a little annoying reading someone's post when they've changed the name to "Mad Fud" or something along those lines. I'm not defending Romanov here, simply stating that I take someone more seriously if they don't resort to name-calling.

Gigolo-Aunt

As Sandy Jardine said on the "Back from the Brinks" video..

"Football is all about highs ad lows, its never a straight line"

Was way too young to remember the relegation years and was not much older for Dens.

The thumping from Rangers in the Scottish Cup final was a tough one to take, but that was put to bed on that glorious day 2 years later.

Low?

Maybe its just as its clear in the memory as it was only last year, but that opening day shambles of a derby game last season left me feeling really low- that game to me summed up the mess in which this club now finds itself.

scott_jambo

Was way too young to remember the relegation years and was not much older for Dens.

The thumping from Rangers in the Scottish Cup final was a tough one to take, but that was put to bed on that glorious day 2 years later.

Low?

Maybe its just as its clear in the memory as it was only last year, but that opening day shambles of a derby game last season left me feeling really low- that game to me summed up the mess in which this club now finds itself.

We find ourselves in a rut, but not in the traditional sense, of losing important matches or relegation. It is a new type of low, which comes with it a high degree of uncertainty for the future.

Without any real hope for the future, it kind of plunges the low feeling into new depths.

Low?

Since Romanov came in, I'd definitely put that derby as my least favourite game. Although I'd been gutted in a few games such as the 3-2 loss to Celtic the derby was worse as I felt it showed how the season would go. I'd gone into the season with a little optimism but even after the starting lineup had been announced most of that optimism had disappeared.

Gigolo-Aunt
We find ourselves in a rut, but not in the traditional sense, of losing important matches or relegation. It is a new type of low, which comes with it a high degree of uncertainty for the future.

Without any real hope for the future, it kind of plunges the low feeling into new depths.

I dont think relegation was ever going to happen last season, just like I dont think it will happen next term - as bad as we are at the moment.

scott_jambo
I dont think relegation was ever going to happen last season, just like I dont think it will happen next term - as bad as we are at the moment.

A manager + 1 or 2 signings will see us at least top six.

Without this, well i 've seen better teams go down due to poor team spirit etc..

Hamilton will fight for there life's this year.

Nucky Thompson

Low?

I know where you're coming from mate, I feel the lows you do. I just can't get that it's that bad. One wee wave of Vlads wand and we really could be a force:rolleyes: IMO our potential wasn't realised untill he came along. We never had sell outs, we have never reduced the OF capacity, FFS in the '60's and '70's they had most of the ground. I just can't look at Vlad as a lost cause.

Gigolo-Aunt
Since Romanov came in, I'd definitely put that derby as my least favourite game. Although I'd been gutted in a few games such as the 3-2 loss to Celtic the derby was worse as I felt it showed how the season would go. I'd gone into the season with a little optimism but even after the starting lineup had been announced most of that optimism had disappeared.

That match definatly set the tone for the season mate.

We had given Mikey the number 9 shirt. Been vocal in the media about how its a boost for the lad. Played Juho in a number of pre-season games with him scoring - and we trott out Beni who had just appeared on the scene. It was totally unfair on the guy and he never recovered from that.

The team that night lacked leadership, direction and looked so unfit.

:sad:

Gigolo-Aunt
A manager + 1 or 2 signings will see us at least top six.

Without this, well i 've seen better teams go down due to poor team spirit etc..

Hamilton will fight for there life's this year.

Hamilton can fight for their lives all the want. Just like Gretna did.

Dirk Diggler
That match definatly set the tone for the season mate.

We had given Mikey the number 9 shirt. Been vocal in the media about how its a boost for the lad. Played Juho in a number of pre-season games with him scoring - and we trott out Beni who had just appeared on the scene. It was totally unfair on the guy and he never recovered from that.

The team that night lacked leadership, direction and looked so unfit.

:sad:

And were lucky that Hibs were almost as gash.

A decent team that night would have destroyed us.

Gigolo-Aunt
And were lucky that Hibs were almost as gash.

A decent team that night would have destroyed us.

Hibs were cacky bobbins as well.

They were more prepared than us that night though, I think that got them through that game.

That was a honking game of football!

scott_jambo
Hamilton can fight for their lives all the want. Just like Gretna did.

To compare Hamilton with Gretna is an insult Hamilton Accies. You can be sure that they wont get a 10 point penalty and they wont have to loan players from english leagues as they make there original players redundant.

Would be Old Firmesque arrogance to dismiss Accies next season.

Dirk Diggler
Hibs were cacky bobbins as well.

They were more prepared than us that night though, I think that got them through that game.

That was a honking game of football!

It was.

Although I do remember being in Frankensteins at one in the morning drinking champagne :confused:

The Tuesday was worse than the Monday. :sad:

Gigolo-Aunt
To compare Hamilton with Gretna is an insult Hamilton Accies. You can be sure that they wont get a 10 point penalty and they wont have to loan players from english leagues as they make there original players redundant.

Would be Old Firmesque arrogance to dismiss Accies next season.

LOL

How is it an insult? you brought up the 10 point deduction, not me.

Hamilton have a very young and very small squad. They have themselves already admitted that they will do well to hang on to some of their younger players for next season. They have already said that if players are sold, they will just dip in to their youger age groups to replace them.

Younger players are VERY erratic in the consistancy of their performances - I see this as a huge burden to them once Novemeber and the fixtures just keep coming.

Dont let the Scottish Cup fool you, there is a HUGE gap between the SPL and first division. A team on their day can raise their game, but to do it over 44 games or so- Im not sure they can.

Hamilton will battle hard, but I fully expect them to go down with quite a bit of points to spare.

Gigolo-Aunt
It was.

Although I do remember being in Frankensteins at one in the morning drinking champagne :confused:

The Tuesday was worse than the Monday. :sad:

Living in Gorgie, I was back on Kickback for 9.50pm.

:biggrin:

Dirk Diggler

Hamiltons manager Billy Reid is from the Hibernian school of footballing thought.

He demands that their team play in the 'correct manner' and he says they won't abandon their 'beliefs on how the game should be played.'

I fully expect them to be relegated by February.

scott_jambo
LOL

How is it an insult? you brought up the 10 point deduction, not me.

Hamilton have a very young and very small squad. They have themselves already admitted that they will do well to hang on to some of their younger players for next season. They have already said that if players are sold, they will just dip in to their youger age groups to replace them.

Younger players are VERY erratic in the consistancy of their performances - I see this as a huge burden to them once Novemeber and the fixtures just keep coming.

Dont let the Scottish Cup fool you, there is a HUGE gap between the SPL and first division. A team on their day can raise their game, but to do it over 44 games or so- Im not sure they can.

Hamilton will battle hard, but I fully expect them to go down with quite a bit of points to spare.

An unknown qauntity and will finish above st mirren who have lost key players.

Glad to help! :)

Nucky Thompson
Hamiltons manager Billy Reid is from the Hibernian school of footballing thought.

He demands that their team play in the 'correct manner' and he says they won't abandon their 'beliefs on how the game should be played.'

I fully expect them to be relegated by February.

And I fully expect them to be watched by deluded, foaming at the mouth junkies:cool:

Archived