Tonight's football

kila

remember when the draw for this round was made and the english media were tugging themselves dry thinking about having 5 english sides in the quarters, well as it stands it looks like it will only be two unless chelsea manage to overcome barcelona

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bazzas right boot
Just now, Smith&Weston said:

Man Utd fans are feeling similar pain that we are currently getting from playing negative football.

Rio, Scholes and Gerrard are spot on

Aye, because that's relative.

We have the highest paid striker in the league and one of the most expensive players in the league.

We are also the most successful club in Scotland and therefore used to constant success.

****ing hell, first spurs st prices were used as a stick to beat cl/ Hearts and now Man utd being pish are.

Folk need to hit the reset button.

Sheep have McLean, Logan and Shinnie suspended for the semi :D

What a missed opportunity. Cheers Craig.

The Internet
18 minutes ago, Smith&Weston said:

Man Utd fans are feeling similar pain that we are currently getting from playing negative football.

Rio, Scholes and Gerrard are spot on

Those poor Manchester United fans :(

heartsfc_fan

Sake. And people wonder why Aberdeen's turnover is more than us. Another semi final.

An Aberdeen team without Shinnie, Logan and MacLean are very very beatable...shame we won’t be the ones trying

John Findlay

Biggest result of the night. Havant and Waterlooville beating Wealdstone 1-0 to stay top of the national league south.

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Sheep have McLean, Logan and Shinnie suspended for the semi :D

What a missed opportunity. Cheers Craig.

Aye, Aberdeen then Celtic/ rangers is a gimme.

13 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Aberdeen through.

And 3 of their best players will miss the semi final due to suspension

Just now, BigDave'sHeed said:

Of course it’s not a gimme, but it’s a sizeable amount of cash for the club as well as a very decent chance of getting to the final. 

15 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Nah, you're right. So glad we went out with a shite performance at Motherwell instead. Not that you'd care of course, given you weren't there.

:P

The Internet

Every year we don't win the thing is a missed opportunity. This year is certainly less of a missed opportunity than previous years.

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Man Utd? Absolutely lost.Worst Utd team in probably 30 years. No leaders.

Yet still 2nd in the “best league in the world”.

Nookie Bear
45 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Aye, because that's relative.

We have the highest paid striker in the league and one of the most expensive players in the league.

We are also the most successful club in Scotland and therefore used to constant success.

****ing hell, first spurs st prices were used as a stick to beat cl/ Hearts and now Man utd being pish are.

Folk need to hit the reset button.

Its a fair comparison I reckon,  because the stronger team were too timid and got caught out. Also, as they were saying on the radio, playing that way is fine when you win but if you don’t then the flaw in that approach is laid bare. 

Nookie Bear
27 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Still a semi final and potentially a MONEY SPINNA final. 

rudi must stay

What a team and what a player. Have a feeling tonight could be special, 2 minutes and Chelsea touched it once. And that was down to perfect Barca passing

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, benny said:

Chelsea settling down nicely after that terrible start.

Been shocked at Barca, all the time in the world for Chelsea' on the ball

rudi must stay

Brilliant goal. Messi is just ridiculous, you watch him and he barely moves but when there's a chance it's a different story

Ooft. Off the post from a free kick from Chelsea.

HT 2-0

Hope Chelsea score, I’m fairly neutral in this - would like a match.

13 minutes ago, FWJ said:

Ooft. Off the post from a free kick from Chelsea.

HT 2-0

Hope Chelsea score, I’m fairly neutral in this - would like a match.

Has the makings of a decent game if Chelsea get one back.

rudi must stay

Courtois is unlucky to be blamed for both goals. The accuracy and power on both made them incredibly tough saves, Hoddle said "i'm not sure he meant the first one", take a look at his face he was in the zone there and certainly did 

19 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Courtois is unlucky to be blamed for both goals. The accuracy and power on both made them incredibly tough saves, Hoddle said "i'm not sure he meant the first one", take a look at his face he was in the zone there and certainly did 

He certainly has to be blamed for the first..Messi's second is open to question but again straight at him at an angle

Chelsea have hit the woodwork twice and been denied a pretty good penalty shout but goals count and Barcelona have taken their chances

After looking like there might be 4 EPL teams in the last 8 there are only 2 and those beat Basle and Porto to get there, so not exactly the cream of the sides. Interesting draw coming up on Friday.

Thats was a pretty strange game, Barca well under par yet looked so comfortable. Chelsea played well in parts, but if they wait till the lights go out they might have a chance of scoring in the warm down.

Willian is by far Chelsea's best player, Hazard will do well to ever get a move to either of spains big two.

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

He certainly has to be blamed for the first..Messi's second is open to question but again straight at him at an angle

Chelsea have hit the woodwork twice and been denied a pretty good penalty shout but goals count and Barcelona have taken their chances

Not for me he doesn't. How he even curled it in I don't know, just a moment of genius. 2nd one, as Hoddle said it was his turn of pace which made things tricky for Courtois. Skinned their defender and he picked his spot and leathered it

1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

Not for me he doesn't. How he even curled it in I don't know, just a moment of genius. 2nd one, as Hoddle said it was his turn of pace which made things tricky for Courtois. Skinned their defender and he picked his spot and leathered it

There's a reason why the saying 'you should not get beaten at your near post' is part of football speak

I just can't agree he was not to blame and I think because it was Messi you may be over rating the goal..there was no curl just a hard low shot

rudi must stay
5 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

There's a reason why the saying 'you should not get beaten at your near post' is part of football speak

I just can't agree he was not to blame and I think because it was Messi you may be over rating the goal..there was no curl just a hard low shot

Fair comment. Not even that much pace on the ball

18 minutes ago, Morgan said:

8-1 (EIGHT - one) Munich. 

Reasonable team then.

They have a really good chance of winning it, bags of experience in that team, not to mention wee jupp. They seem to be flying under the radar to some extent.

1 minute ago, VALDOS said:

They have a really good chance of winning it, bags of experience in that team, not to mention wee jupp. They seem to be flying under the radar to some extent.

Agree with you totally.

Besiktas were always going to be the whipping boys at this stage of the tournament but, 8-1? :wow:

Archived