trouble in Upper Tier

maroonsgotop

MacDonald Jardine
2 hours ago, Prof said:

Hearts have a few "up to their knees brigade" in the club. It's obvious where they are sitting at Tynecastle. They represent the dregs of society and go against everything Hearts stand for. Simple answer is to take thier season tickets off them. As for those who say people should expect fans to fight - best advice is to stay in whatever gutter they live in and keep away from the rest of society.

And what exactly does the club "stand for"?

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

We need more scuffles in the stands IMO.

The good old days Gov. :thumbsup:

:whistling:

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, maroonsgotop said:

Yep, keep blaming the victim

I'm not blaming any victim here.

I merely pointed out that you started on about 'scum' in our support without being privy to the details of the event - bar the dunt on your napper of course.

How do you know that these chaps are scum? There may have been a perfectly valid reason for a spot of pugilism and multi-row fan launching.

This doesn't discount that fact that you may actually be correct.

ford donald
9 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

We need more scuffles in the stands IMO.

Think they need some scuffles in the boardroom.

rick witter
5 hours ago, Hendricks said:

Looked it mate. Feel for the 4800 at Motherwell and the 3500 or whatever tonight. The loyalty has been phenomenal. The financial support through every means possible has been continual and historic. People that can ill afford to give what they have to Hearts being taken advantage of by a regime that simply don’t care about what’s happening on the park. Makes me sick. The contempt with which they treat the support is a complete disgrace. 

It won’t last much longer mate. That was the last straw for me last night. I have been in sell out crowds at Ibrox, Motherwell and then last night in the last few weeks and the performances I have witnessed are disgraceful!!! 

I’m not surprised tempers we’re frayed and there was arguments in the stand last night. I had to leave after the second goal I was that angry at what I was watching. Probably the same for many others. We deserve better and something needs to be done 

7 hours ago, Spencer said:

Horrible viewing from up there tonight. Right behind the goals for me at that level. 

Another in a long sequence of horrible nights down there.  We used to play superbly down there.  Midfield is atrocious 

Any player who is prepared to run with the ball will always have joy against us. Pedestrian doesn't tell a fraction of the story 

You couldn't have been that far away from me. Not had many views as good as last night. Could see the whole game. It wasn't a pleasant experience!

Thought the Hearts fans were excellent last night up until we conceded. The goodwill and support won't last forever though.

rick witter
8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Or we start winning. 

We won’t with him in charge. 

Definatley not away from home anyway. 

davemclaren
Just now, rick witter said:

We won’t with him in charge. 

Definatley not away from home anyway. 

Not often so far, but time will tell. If things don't improve he will leave or be removed. 

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, ford donald said:

Think they need some scuffles in the boardroom.

Agreed.

ford donald
9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Fairytales sometimes come true. 

True.Will not be under this manager.

34 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I understand what you mean but I just don't believe it. No one likes bad news and I'm sure the club would love to have something to  take the heat off them. Sectarian incidents aren't that something though. 

We can agree to disagree. I respect your point while not agreeing. Either way a return to winning ways removes the issue.

2 hours ago, Boris said:

You make it sound like "the regime"is some sort of modern day  Ceaucescu-type autocracy that cares not for anything other than their own decadent survival.

Yes, it was a shit result, yes our squad is not good enough, and perhaps our tactics aren't good enough either. I suspect that the tactics are a result of the squad, but either way it isn't good enough.

But to suggest that "the regime" don't care is wrong, IMO. Everyone connected with Hearts would want to win last night, I'm sure of it.

Always nice when a bit of common sense pops up.

2 hours ago, luckydug said:

I got to the ground later than I normally do and got caught up in the long queues outside.

It really felt like I was at Ibrox up to our knees in fenian blood belted out repeatedly. It didn't seem like a minority but I suppose that's because genuine fans just kept quiet. It's a worrying trend the "billy boys " element in our support appear to be taking over.

I'm not sure I want to be associated with that pish. Might start giving away games a miss in future unless serious action us taken to rid the club of these people.

Have to say the atmosphere in our end was brilliant when we stuck to singing Hearts songs especially the 22 in a row ditty.

We do have a problem and unless the club address it I can see more trouble among the fans.

Good for you ..you wont be missed, what a mess to get into over a few colourful songs

Placid Casual
2 hours ago, luckydug said:

I got to the ground later than I normally do and got caught up in the long queues outside.

It really felt like I was at Ibrox up to our knees in fenian blood belted out repeatedly. It didn't seem like a minority but I suppose that's because genuine fans just kept quiet. It's a worrying trend the "billy boys " element in our support appear to be taking over.

I'm not sure I want to be associated with that pish. Might start giving away games a miss in future unless serious action us taken to rid the club of these people.

Have to say the atmosphere in our end was brilliant when we stuck to singing Hearts songs especially the 22 in a row ditty.

We do have a problem and unless the club address it I can see more trouble among the fans.

Stick with it LD. The great things about our club far outweigh the bad. Can’t let the arseholes win.

Placid Casual
1 hour ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

And what exactly does the club "stand for"?

It’s not a vehicle for the dregs of society, that’s for sure.

manaliveits105
10 hours ago, Spencer said:

I was MM upper and it was sedate. No ***** giving a ****. Hearts fans routinely resigned to second best in a Derby. 

Changed days for sure. Not for the better sadly 

:bolt:

9 minutes ago, jambo1961 said:

Good for you ..you wont be missed, what a mess to get into over a few colourful songs

He wont be missed? A guy who goes to home and away games and joins in Hearts songs, won’t be missed? 

1 hour ago, JyTees said:

You couldn't have been that far away from me. Not had many views as good as last night. Could see the whole game. It wasn't a pleasant experience!

Thought the Hearts fans were excellent last night up until we conceded. The goodwill and support won't last forever though.

All the 22 in a row stuff was happening just behind me. Bellowed out by an assortment probably not born during the run itself! 

11 minutes ago, jambo1961 said:

And right on cue comes the board's resident Mason Boyne defending, as usual, the parasites who use the club for their own political/bigoted ends. 

Johnny Two Pies
11 minutes ago, Placid Casual said:

Stick with it LD. The great things about our club far outweigh the bad. Can’t let the arseholes win.

Spot on.

Just now, ADAM said:

And right on cue comes the board's resident Mason Boyne defending, as usual, the parasites who use the club for their own political/bigoted ends. 

Your posts stink of bigotry and intolerance..maybe you have an agenda

12 minutes ago, jambo1961 said:

What a depressingly predictable reply from you.

I don't mind a few "colourful " songs when they are football related. I'm the first to join in slagging our rivals but when it comes to sectarian or racist abuse I'm out.

How can we criticise other clubs when our so called fans are dragging us through the mud.

We do have some real tits in our support.  When the Hibs second goal went in I seen someone in the front row get hit by a fanta and soaked because a Hearts fan decided to chuck it, in the toilets at full time there was a guy smashing the toilet and two young boys complaining about Swanson guading the Hearts fans but “it doesn’t matter because his best mates dead”..

bringbakterracing

So quick to condemn our own fans as scum and dregs of society. Pathetic happy clapping clowns. Was arguing with several fans last night, telling me to get behind team at final whistle. I had been for best part of game and after watching that pish I'm ****ing sure I'll let my feelings known. If you don't like that you can do one! 

Imo fans fighting each other means one thing, they care and they're hurting. Maybe a bit more fight from all other aspects of the club wouldn't go amiss. 

1 minute ago, barcajambo said:

We do have some real tits in our support.  When the Hibs second goal went in I seen someone in the front row get hit by a fanta and soaked because a Hearts fan decided to chuck it, in the toilets at full time there was a guy smashing the toilet and two young boys complaining about Swanson guading the Hearts fans but “it doesn’t matter because his best mates dead”..

Was this the bottom tier? Saw some weird looking bald guy acting like a complete lunatic in the toilets at FT. The 1980’s songbook was back with a vengeance too, particularly in the queues/chaos trying to get through turnstiles 3 and 4.

5 minutes ago, jambo1961 said:

Your posts stink of bigotry and intolerance..maybe you have an agenda

I do have an agenda, it's to support HMFC in it's stated aim to create an environment free from racism and sectarianism. 

What's your agenda?

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, bringbakterracing said:

So quick to condemn our own fans as scum and dregs of society. Pathetic happy clapping clowns. Was arguing with several fans last night, telling me to get behind team at final whistle. I had been for best part of game and after watching that pish I'm ****ing sure I'll let my feelings known. If you don't like that you can do one! 

Imo fans fighting each other means one thing, they care and they're hurting. Maybe a bit more fight from all other aspects of the club wouldn't go amiss. 

Yes, fighting amongst ourselves will help. ?

2 minutes ago, ADAM said:

I do have an agenda, it's to support HMFC in it's stated aim to create an environment free from racism and sectarianism. 

What's your agenda?

The Homeless

7 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Was this the bottom tier? Saw some weird looking bald guy acting like a complete lunatic in the toilets at FT. The 1980’s songbook was back with a vengeance too, particularly in the queues/chaos trying to get through turnstiles 3 and 4.

Yes mate, bottom tier and the toilet at turnstile 3 and 4 side.

Also noticed someone behind me refusing to let the steward search him and just being a complete and utter walloper to a guy who was only trying to do his job.

1 minute ago, barcajambo said:

Yes mate, bottom tier and the toilet at turnstile 3 and 4 side.

Also noticed someone behind me refusing to let the steward search him and just being a complete and utter walloper to a guy who was only trying to do his job.

I see the guy in question at every away game, he stands out like a sore thumb due to Hibs size and “looks”, and the fact he’s always absolutely hammered. Don’t think I’ve ever seen him sober.

I don’t really care what people do as long as they’re not harming anyone else but the thing that gets me is that the people who defend this sort of thing and consider it part and parcel of supporting a team are often the same folk who whinge about policing of football fans, the ban on alcohol sales, the absence of safe standing or moan about rugby fans being treated differently. 

Can’t have it both ways.

5 hours ago, Marvin said:

Too many soft touches in our support. I once got smacked in the back of the head by a coin, heaven forbid what it would be like had JKB been around 35 years ago.

TBF that was a right of passage back then. Hurt like a *******. And that's when coins were coins. Not like the lightweight nancyboy ones of today.

maroonsgotop
19 minutes ago, bringbakterracing said:

unfortunately they were physically hurting Hearts fans. that'll be ok then

Just now, redm said:

I don’t really care what people do as long as they’re not harming anyone else but the thing that gets me is that the people who defend this sort of thing and consider it part and parcel of supporting a team are often the same folk who whinge about policing of football fans, the ban on alcohol sales, the absence of safe standing or moan about rugby fans being treated differently. 

Can’t have it both ways.

The bottom tier last night, certainly at the sections to the right of the goals, were an accident waiting to happen. Thankfully nothing happened, but people doubled up in rows, stairways blocked, and fans either sitting in the wrong seats or somehow getting into the bottom with top tier tickets  caused severe overcrowding. That’s twice in recent seasons I’ve had that experience at ER in the bottom tier.

1 minute ago, westbow said:

TBF that was la right of passage back then. Hurt like a *******. And that's when coins were coins. Not like the lightweight nancyboy ones of today.

Little known fact, Royal Mint engaged early members of the Cardiff Soul Crew to design the original decimal 50p pieces. 

7 hours ago, Hendricks said:

Looked it mate. Feel for the 4800 at Motherwell and the 3500 or whatever tonight. The loyalty has been phenomenal. The financial support through every means possible has been continual and historic. People that can ill afford to give what they have to Hearts being taken advantage of by a regime that simply don’t care about what’s happening on the park. Makes me sick. The contempt with which they treat the support is a complete disgrace. 

“Take advantage of by a regime that dont care” come on its not a ****ing ponzi scheme here, yes we have wasted money on players but we have also financed a ****ing new stand this season and tried to juggle both.

We arent where we need to be but i dont believe its for the want of effort as funnily enough im sure everyone is aware what the aim is.

You show yourself up talking about contempt of the support, it makes you look like a drama queen or a child.

12 hours ago, ISMAparty said:

Horrible situation but don't act like a victim. Fans fight all the time, they'll probably be over it before you. Cotton bubble, welcome to the real world. There's bigger fights every second that passes all over the world. Don't report a disagreement ffs you weren't hurt. 

Grow up mate. 99% of folk who go to the football shouldn’t expect to or have to defend themselves from some idiots who want a pagger. 

5 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Little known fact, Royal Mint engaged early members of the Cardiff Soul Crew to design the original decimal 50p pieces. 

Aye, it was like a ninja death star. They had to remake it after a couple of years - too many fatalities.

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, andy-y said:

Grow up mate. 99% of folk who go to the football shouldn’t expect to or have to defend themselves from some idiots who want a pagger. 

Absolutely. 

1 minute ago, westbow said:

Aye, it was like a ninja death star. They had to remake it after a couple of years - too many fatalities.

It was after that I started hammering the nails into the Dunlop 65s before games... 

fabienleclerq
12 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Wasn't in the upper tier but I wasn't looking to start a new thread. Some younger lads next to me were singing "I was born under a union jack" and then went for the "up to our knees in fenian blood". I said "let's sing some actual Hearts songs boys" then I was called a *****. Which was nice.

Ive heard both those songs at games for 30 years, they are Hearts songs. 

12 hours ago, ISMAparty said:

Horrible situation but don't act like a victim. Fans fight all the time, they'll probably be over it before you. Cotton bubble, welcome to the real world. There's bigger fights every second that passes all over the world. Don't report a disagreement ffs you weren't hurt. 

:cornette:

4 minutes ago, Jodami said:

It was after that I started hammering the nails into the Dunlop 65s before games... 

Frankly "getting hit in the head by someone's head  flying through the air over the seats face first" is a relief after being hit on the head by a golf ball with several 6 inch nails in it.

buckhind jambo

My 12 year old son got hit on the heed by that flare that was thrown at the start of the game, singed his hearts tammy, might have burned him, he's okay not shook up at all by what happened and loved the atmosphere created in the hearts end, Didn't run to the police and complain.

We get this big charade on here now again. 

Ffs, you’d think we were some nazi regime.

Some bams go to the football and go home, some good guys/girls go to the football then go home.

Some people seem like they are on a crusade to “cleanse” football.

50 minutes ago, bringbakterracing said:

Again, :cornette:

8 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Ive heard both those songs at games for 30 years, they are Hearts songs. 

Not for the vast majority of Hearts fans they are not.

Archived