Club Statement NOW !! or No Shirt buying !!

Only a Game

Will you join a boycott of Hearts official merchandise NOW  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Will you join a boycott of Hearts official merchandise NOW

• Yes
    • No

Only a Game

I've renewed.

I feel fecking mad with myself that I have. I've helped in making it possible for this regime to have another season dismantling, shaming and disgracing this club and I am ashamed of myself .

I normally buy club merchandise. Certainly a replica shirt once a season and usually one or two other bits and pieces for presents and maybe the odd piece of casual wear.

The latest rumour regarding Malofeev coming (yes I know its a rumour) would be the final kick in the baws for me.

I want a statement from the club NOW! Tomorrow, Monday at the latest, fully updating us on the position relative to the search for a manager, including a reinforcement of the statement of 1st January which stated that the manager would have full control of team selection. I want a denial that this condition was refused to those who have been considered for the post up until now and I want a denial that Eduard Malofeev will play any part in the coaching of our players this pre-season or in the future.

If no such statement is forthcoming I will not be spending one single penny on club merchandise.

I urge you all, whether you have renewed your ST or not, whether your kids are screaming for the new shirt or not, to join me in boycotting club merchandise until we get a statement of intent from the club.

Vote Yes if you will join me

Vote No if you wont.

My stance has not changed. I won't be spending another penny on Heart of Midlothian Football Club (including renewing) until we have appointed an appropriate manager.

Regular John

Actions, not meaningless statements are required. January 1st has proved that.

Until an acceptable management team has signed on the dotted line with assurances of 100% team selection I'll be buying no more steak pies from Tynie.

winston churchill
My stance has not changed. I won't be spending another penny on Heart of Midlothian Football Club (including renewing) until we have appointed an appropriate manager.

i am in the same boat as you.it's the first season i have not renewed for many years.

if this is true,his statement in january was a lie.

Carl Spackler

I renewed but can understand people who have not. If there had been a Coordinated protest on renewals then I might have joined in. I don't think individual protests make enough of an impact.

Saying quite simply "get an experienced manager and one who has full control or else will not buy any merchandise" is a simple protest. I'd sign up.

heartsfc_fan
i am in the same boat as you.it's the first season i have not renewed for many years.

if this is true,his statement in january was a lie.

I'm in the same boat as you mate. I've had a season ticket for 6 seasons in a row (went to the odd game before I owned one). This time round I feel really cheesed off - ONE REASON - no manager. At least if we had some assurance or something, so that we could even start buying some players in - we've got rid of (or going to) get rid of the deadwood like Goncalves, Elliot etc.

Why the heck would I want to renew if we have no manager? I don't want to spend hundreds of pounds on a season ticket to then get shot in the foot when we get the Kaunas manager or Malofeev...

I have given Romanov long enough. I'm holding off buying my season ticket till something happens, and it clearly isn't :mad:

Only a Game
I renewed but can understand people who have not. If there had been a Coordinated protest on renewals then I might have joined in. I don't think individual protests make enough of an impact.

Saying quite simply "get an experienced manager and one who has full control or else will not buy any merchandise" is a simple protest. I'd sign up.

3500 havent renewed as yet. I agree it wasnt really an organised protest. More of a case of significant numbers making a personal decision, mostly, I am guessing, based on emotions ranging from anger to apathy.

Unfortunately it would appear that the 10,000 whio did renew has given enough of green light for Romanov to do as he pleases for another season.

We are totally and utterley fecked here unless there is something in the pipeline this week that completely changes the course of the club and the attitude of the owners and the fans alike.

I feel we're going to have to, at some point, go a hell of a lot further than boycotting merchandise to get our message across, or perhaps even to help save the club from whatever fate this lunatic is leading us to.

Boycotting merchandise, in my opinion is a start, might be effective might not be, but its about time we stood up and starting fighting for this club.

i agee if Malofeev is anywhere near the team pre season i would be bringing in my pies fae asda, a statement is definatly needed, and if romanov isnt willing surely ogilvie can see what way the wind is blowing!

Carl Spackler

Unfortunately it would appear that the 10,000 whio did renew has given enough of green light for Romanov to do as he pleases for another season.

Exactly my point! It needs to almost everyone or nobody at all.

If a decent manager doesn't come in I can't see the supporters organisations continuing to stay relatively quiet for long.

heartsfc_fan
i agee if Malofeev is anywhere near the team pre season i would be bringing in my pies fae asda, a statement is definatly needed, and if romanov isnt willing surely ogilvie can see what way the wind is blowing!

Ogilvie is stuck in a rut. I feel sorry for the guy. He's made a difference since he's been here but I feel that if Romanov would "step back" and let ogilvie do the work we'd be better off...

Ahhhhh...the Romanov way...or NO WAY :sad:

3500 havent renewed as yet. I agree it wasnt really an organised protest. More of a case of significant numbers making a personal decision, mostly, I am guessing, based on emotions ranging from anger to apathy.

We are totally and utterley fecked here unless there is something in the pipeline this week that completely changes the course of the club and the attitude of the owners and the fans alike.

I feel we're going to have to, at some point, go a hell of a lot further than boycotting merchandise to get our message across, or perhaps even to help save the club from whatever fate this lunatic is leading us to.

Boycotting merchandise, in my opinion is a start, might be effective might not be, but its about time we stood up and starting fighting for this club.

This is the crux of the matter. 10,000 is a fairly sizable majority of renewers. Romanov, understandably, takes this as a sign that all these fans are satisfied at the way he is running the club. It looks like an endorsement of his tenure, incredible as that sounds.

So i would say that whatever transpires this coming season those that chose to renew can have no complaints if events take a further turn for the worse. People knew what they were buying into.

I am getting sick of people on here having a go at others for buying a season ticket. I support Hearts not Romanov just as I supported Hearts not Robinson. To claim that it is our fault that Romanov is doing what he wants is ridiculous.

I have no problem with people choosing not to renew but this whole "I'm a better supporter than you because I'm not going to the matches" act is getting annoying.

If you want to get people on your side for boycotts then you should try to unite the fans rather than divide them. Making out that you are saving the club by not renewing and others are destroying it by renewing is not going to make people go along with your suggestions.

I would agree with the idea of boycotting the merchandise although I doubt it will have any effect on Romanov. Clearly we have to show our dissatisfaction to Romanov in some way but I will continue to support my club at the matches.

Only a Game
This is the crux of the matter. 10,000 is a fairly sizable majority of renewers. Romanov, understandably, takes this as a sign that all these fans are satisfied at the way he is running the club. It looks like an endorsement of his tenure, incredible as that sounds.

So i would say that whatever transpires this coming season those that chose to renew can have no complaints if events take a further turn for the worse. People knew what they were buying into.

I know..............I know............I feckin know !!

I was one of them............I wont go into the reasons I renewed. Basically they are selfish reasons anyway but Ive done it and its too late for me as far as ST non renewal goes, but be assured it wasnt because I support or believe in what is going on here.

This is it for me with Hearts, this season, last chance. I cant go on with this torture beyond this coming season, its just not doing it for me anymore. Romanov has had my last penny as a Hearts fan unless their is significant and transparent change.

Only a Game
I am getting sick of people on here having a go at others for buying a season ticket. I support Hearts not Romanov just as I supported Hearts not Robinson. To claim that it is our fault that Romanov is doing what he wants is ridiculous.

I have no problem with people choosing not to renew but this whole "I'm a better supporter than you because I'm not going to the matches" act is getting annoying.

If you want to get people on your side for boycotts then you should try to unite the fans rather than divide them. Making out that you are saving the club by not renewing and others are destroying it by renewing is not going to make people go along with your suggestions.

I would agree with the idea of boycotting the merchandise although I doubt it will have any effect on Romanov. Clearly we have to show our dissatisfaction to Romanov in some way but I will continue to support my club at the matches.

I think if you read my OP you'll see that I have renewed. I have no criticism to offer anyone who either did or didnt renew. You made a personal choice when you did it and I have no problem with anyone who went either way.

But you can bet your erse we wouldnt be sitting here having this conversation if only 3000 had renewed..

Guest S.U.S.S.

I I I

Me Me Me;)

Sadly not buying the stuff is too little too late i think. The mad one will justify his actions through the season ticket sales. A few less shirts shifting will make no difference to him. Worth a try tho.

EDIT, ive just seen the guess whos back thread so im joining you.

I've renewed.

I.

The latest rumour regarding Malofeev coming (yes I know its a rumour) would be the final kick in the baws for me.

I want a statement from the club NOW! Tomorrow, Monday at the latest, fully updating us on the position relative to the search for a manager, including a reinforcement of the statement of 1st January which stated that the manager would have full control of team selection. I want a denial that this condition was refused to those who have been considered for the post up until now and I want a denial that Eduard Malofeev will play any part in the coaching of our players this pre-season or in the future.

If no such statement is forthcoming I will not be spending one single penny on club merchandise.

I urge you all, whether you have renewed your ST or not, whether your kids are screaming for the new shirt or not, to join me in boycotting club merchandise until we get a statement of intent from the club.

Vote No if you wont.

You didn't REALLY believe all that nonsense in January ? Did you ? Really ?

HMFC must have the world's shortest 'shortlist' of managerial candidates.

We wait 5 months to interview a bloke who eventually turned us down and then we interview a bloke , IMHO , who was a far better candidate (compared to MM)for the job in the first place who seems to be torn between getting a national coaching job and being Vlad's 'yes man'.

Is Vlad so well connected that he didn't know this guy was being touted for the Slovakian job in his home country ? You really couldn't make it up.

Go Vlad.

Back to the future , star jumps are us etc, etc.

Only a Game
You didn't REALLY believe all that nonsense in January ? Did you ? Really ?

Actually I did....REALLY I did.

I thought for one crazy couple of months that when a definite clear and unambigious statement of intent appeared on the official website of a respected football club that the content of the statement would be fulfilled.

Clearly I dont believe it now, not a word of it.

No.

The support have had their chance to act - the majority chose not to.

I honestly couldn't give a flying one any more.

Fecking fed up.

...respected football club.....

Who might that be?

If you mean us, HMFC, can I just ask who it is that you think respects us?

I think if you read my OP you'll see that I have renewed. I have no criticism to offer anyone who either did or didnt renew. You made a personal choice when you did it and I have no problem with anyone who went either way.

But you can bet your erse we wouldnt be sitting here having this conversation if only 3000 had renewed..

My post was aimed at those who have not renewed but who are having a go at those who have renewed. I apologise for having that rant at your post.

In an ideal world none of us would have renewed and we'd have been able to say that we won't renew until a manager is appointed. Unfortunately, this is football and that will never happen. If, as some people believe, Romanov is simply here to make as much money as possible from Hearts then I still think that not renewing does not make a great deal of difference. He could simply sell off a few players to compensate for that loss of income.

Whilst I do agree that we have to show our feelings in some way, I doubt that Romanov would listen to us or even care. The majority of us were happy for Romanov to take over and I fear that because we accepted him then there is now nothing we can do about it. Either we carry on going to matches or we sit at home as Hearts go into further turmoil.

My belief that Romanov will come good is fading but I would find it almost impossible not to go to go to Tynie for every home match.

Only a Game
Who might that be?

If you mean us, HMFC, can I just ask who it is that you think respects us?

Fair point.

A once respected club that I still have the utmost respect for then ?

Fair point.

A once respected club that I still have the utmost respect for then ?

Yeah, at least our history anyways.

Wasn't having a go just wondered. We're past the stage of being a laughing stock. Now, it seems, we do even make it on to most people's radar (apart from Hibbies but you cannot account for the Hearts obsessed).

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'd love to see the whole staff at Tynecastle go on strike over this, if there was any truth. After all, their jobs are at risk too.

Sadly, that won't happen.

Only a Game
I'd love to see the whole staff at Tynecastle go on strike over this, if there was any truth. After all, their jobs are at risk too.

Sadly, that won't happen.

Is there any scope for the fans and the staff to support each other in real serious action. Is there any conduit for doing this ?

The club would get into a whole load of trouble for it but hell, were already knee deep in trouble anyway.

I dont get why the OP obediently turned up to renew his season ticket yet is crying out for a boycott on merchandise? Surely it's easier to just not go....? Alot of people will have to buy stuff for their kids etc so this obviously isn't goig to work and at worst it will be at a level that is hardly noticable anyway (I dont know anyone who religously buys stuff from the Hearts shop).

Those who have renewed have voted a huge YES to Vlad and his running of the club so congratulations to you. I hope you enjoy your season of Clum, Fail, and Malofud! At least most fans who moan about the Romanov farce have had the balls to do something about it - evin if it's just a mini-boycott it is a few hundred quid that will be spent on something that shyster cant get to.

Only a Game

Can we hear from some of the people who are voting against. Not to be shot down, just want to hear why not. Is there a better idea ? Is this one just plain daft and ineffective, or do you just not want to impact on the club financially, or have we simply not yet reached the boycott/action stage yet ?

Geoff Kilpatrick
Is there any scope for the fans and the staff to support each other in real serious action. Is there any conduit for doing this ?

The club would get into a whole load of trouble for it but hell, were already knee deep in trouble anyway.

The players could still fulfil fixtures but play "statues" in theory. To be honest, though, I was thinking more about the off-field staff.

Imagine for a second you're Lawrence Broadie. You've already seen ST sales fall 33%, corporate packages are down and you have nothing to communicate to the fans. Indeed, you are actively discouraged from doing so.

Now imagine that (and I've no idea how the remuneration packages are constructed at Tynecastle) your pay award is judged on some of these metrics. Using the defence that the majority shareholder fecked everyone in the bahookie isn't going to get you much of a pay rise, is it?

Only a Game
I dont get why the OP obediently turned up to renew his season ticket yet is crying out for a boycott on merchandise? Surely it's easier to just not go....? Alot of people will have to buy stuff for their kids etc so this obviously isn't goig to work and at worst it will be at a level that is hardly noticable anyway (I dont know anyone who religously buys stuff from the Hearts shop).

Those who have renewed have voted a huge YES to Vlad and his running of the club so congratulations to you. I hope you enjoy your season of Clum, Fail, and Malofud! At least most fans who moan about the Romanov farce have had the balls to do something about it - evin if it's just a mini-boycott it is a few hundred quid that will be spent on something that shyster cant get to.

I renewed. I regret it. I made a mistake but I had personal reasons for doing it BEFORE a manager was appointed. I took a chance that one would be. I now dont believe this will happen. Had I known for sure then what I see now I wouldnt have renewed.

There are other threads where you can slate people for having done it.

If you dont think a boycott of merchandise is appropriate or workable then fine, that was the question posed in the OP.

Only a Game
The players could still fulfil fixtures but play "statues" in theory. To be honest, though, I was thinking more about the off-field staff.

Imagine for a second you're Lawrence Broadie. You've already seen ST sales fall 33%, corporate packages are down and you have nothing to communicate to the fans. Indeed, you are actively discouraged from doing so.

Now imagine that (and I've no idea how the remuneration packages are constructed at Tynecastle) your pay award is judged on some of these metrics. Using the defence that the majority shareholder fecked everyone in the bahookie isn't going to get you much of a pay rise, is it?

I was thinking more along the lines of the playing staff refusing to take part in pre-season training under Malofeev, supported publicly by the fans. It takes one hell of a leap of faith to imagine it actually happening but it would shake Romanov up more than a bit.

I renewed. I regret it. I made a mistake but I had personal reasons for doing it BEFORE a manager was appointed. I took a chance that one would be. I now dont believe this will happen. Had I known for sure then what I see now I wouldnt have renewed.

There are other threads where you can slate people for having done it.

If you dont think a boycott of merchandise is appropriate or workable then fine, that was the question posed in the OP.

No i dont mate, honestly what differnece will a few thousand pounds make to this fud? He's already spent more than that paying off all the manager he's sacked.

I honestly don't think his Hearts-plaything is money driven. It's ego driven. And I'm not really sure how you can get to that!

Charlie-Brown

I don't really buy much if any club merchandise and let discount vouchers in the ST go to waste.....I do like going to football matches and also consuming pies & bovril & juice & crisps etc and that will not change regardless of who owns or manages the club.

I haven't voted on this poll and it all seems very melodramatic.....I understand the frustration & agitation that a manager hasn't signed on the dotted line yet but I don't see any evidence to back up what the OP is calling for nor do I see any change between last week & this week to cause this sudden anxiety in the OP.

Can we hear from some of the people who are voting against. Not to be shot down, just want to hear why not. Is there a better idea ? Is this one just plain daft and ineffective, or do you just not want to impact on the club financially, or have we simply not yet reached the boycott/action stage yet ?

I had not stepped inside the club shop for nearly 15 years - then I had a wee boy.

So now my laddie gets all the gear - new top, training kit, bag for school etc... I am not going to stop my lad wearing the famous colours regardless of what's going on.

It is as simple as that.

I had not stepped inside the club shop for nearly 15 years - then I had a wee boy.

So now my laddie gets all the gear - new top, training kit, bag for school etc... I am not going to stop my lad wearing the famous colours regardless of what's going on.

It is as simple as that.

To be honest i think i am the same. I am pretty sure everyone knows how i feel about Romanov but i would find it impossible not to get the kids their hearts gear. :confused:

GillesRousset(Jambo)

I havent renewed my brother and my mate have i told them last season that frail would be the new manager, for a couple of week their i thought i was wrong now its looking as if that was the plan all along

scott herbertson

I think Romanov is used to running football clubs where the customer hardly matters at all - they have been playthings for him to use as recreational activity - a glorified computer game.

He has also been able to achieve success with these clubs without to much expenditure.

My guess is that he has been shocked at how much it has cost him to achieve so little in Scotland. He doesn't want to lose control of the team (otherwise what's the poitn of having it?) He gets no pleasure (quite the reverse) out of someone else's successful management of the club. They have to be his decisions.

Therefore I don't think boycotts etc will have much afect on him. If they do it would be to goad him into some reaction. There is no way IMHO that that reaction would be to give in - just not in character.

I think a minority action of withdrawal of revenue will not succeed in itself, though it is worth a try . I think it needs to be coordinated with a message from al the supporters organisations which states the positives about our club and the positive impact that fulfilment of the January statement would have. the message should emphasise what will happen if a manager is appointed rather than threaten whartwil happen if one isn't.

:mad:

It is as simple as that.

I would agree with that.

Whilst I will not give VR season ticket money or MY money, the wee man does not deserve to suffer by this fruit cake. He will be renewed in the Tynie Tigers and he will get at least one of the new strips.

A season ticket is a LOT more money than that.

I've renewed.

I feel fecking mad with myself that I have. I've helped in making it possible for this regime to have another season dismantling, shaming and disgracing this club and I am ashamed of myself .

I normally buy club merchandise. Certainly a replica shirt once a season and usually one or two other bits and pieces for presents and maybe the odd piece of casual wear.

Vote No if you wont.

what i'd like to know is why have campbell ogilvie and lawrence brodie went to ground. i mean brodie especially was telling everyone and his dog that they were going to appoint a quality manager with british league experience and he was adamant that the fans would be very happy with the man who was appointed. he said it was taking so long as they wanted to get the right man he never told us it would be the longest hunt for a manager the world has ever known.

so where are these guys who have put their faith in romanov to deliver. are they too ashamed of themselves for misleading the fans on behalf of their incompetent employer.

come on campbell and lawrence just be honest and tell us what the hell is going on instead of hiding in the shadow of romanov.

Yes I will and am boycotting Official Hearts stuff, this extends to everything, match tickets, ST, the whole lot.

No another penny spent until we get what normal football clubs have - a normal set-up.

Guest JamboRobbo

Already have, and that ain't gonna change till I'm happy the club is being run in a sensible manner.

I have been boycotting all merchandise since the day the Twelve Words of Knobend appeared in the programme.

They can take their jumbo hotdogs and ram them up their jacksies too.

Nucky Thompson

I go on holiday next Saturday and I'll be down on Friday buying 3 kits. Yes I know I'm a sad bassa:rolleyes:

Rudolf's Mate

I've cancelled my subs to Hearts World. Agreed it's mince anyway however being down here it was an invaluable link to the club that I was happy to pay as I felt it was going in their pockets.

I love the away strip and eagerly await the new home one. I always buy one of them & would have found it hard not buying both this year along with buying something for my 7 week old. I won't be buying a single piece of merchandise till I am satisfied the club are moving in the right direction! However long that is!!!

Dagger Is Back
I've renewed.

Vote No if you wont.

Don't hold your breath re that statement OAG - you're gonna get Jack.

Must admit I prefer everyone bombarding Tynie with refund requests for their STs. I genuinely think that would put the ****s up them.

gowestjambo
Don't hold your breath re that statement OAG - you're gonna get Jack.

Must admit I prefer everyone bombarding Tynie with refund requests for their STs. I genuinely think that would put the ****s up them.

Please Mister can I have my money back? I've kept the receipt, you see I have found it doesn't fit very well anymore!

When I bought it I thought I would be investing in a proper team with a new manager, so under the Sale of Goods act, you have failed to provide me with the goods as promised in the January statement!

So be a good chap, and give me my money back!!

Nucky Thompson
Please Mister can I have my money back? I've kept the receipt, you see I have found it doesn't fit very well anymore!

When I bought it I thought I would be investing in a proper team with a new manager, so under the Sale of Goods act, you have failed to provide me with the goods as promised in the January statement!

So be a good chap, and give me my money back!!

I wonder what would happen if someone had the brass neck to contact trading standards:)

portobellojambo1
Does anyone else on here sponsor a player. Has anyone renewed their sponsorship?

The SC I travel with sponsored a player, we have withdrawn that sponsorship this year, and have written to the club explaining our reasons.

Romanov said all the profits from sale of club merchandise would be ploughed into improving the playing staff and judging by the overspend on salaries he has kept his word. If this policy still exists and any boycott worked, we would have less money for players, so one could expect the team to get worse - but it won't hurt Romanov.

I voted against on the basis that if I want a shirt I'll buy one and not be guided by anyone else because they feel they want to do something. I support Hearts not Romanov and do so proudly. This is not meant to be a "I'm a better supporter than you" statement merely how I feel.

Romanov said all the profits from sale of club merchandise would be ploughed into improving the playing staff and judging by the overspend on salaries he has kept his word. If this policy still exists and any boycott worked, we would have less money for players, so one could expect the team to get worse - but it won't hurt Romanov.

I voted against on the basis that if I want a shirt I'll buy one and not be guided by anyone else because they feel they want to do something. I support Hearts not Romanov and do so proudly. This is not meant to be a "I'm a better supporter than you" statement merely how I feel.

Spending more on wages does not mean you are improving the quality of playing staff at the club. If anything i think the last couple of years have proved that.

Archived