Tinkering with team

Pollogb

Thought the boy Godinho did okay but........every week it's different players in a different system. I know we have injuries but why did Milinkovoc not start, clearly Levein doesn't like him. On his day he is one of our better players!!!

How many times have we played the same team, even when we play well and get a decent result the next game it's all change.

Finally, we desperately need a creative midfielder with passing ability and a winger with pace and a decent delivery........we are not that far away but again with all the loan players it will be all change next season.

Need a new manager.....get Clarke in!

Godinho did well. 

Nobody knows why Milinkovic isn't starting.

We don't play the same team enough at all. Nobody can predict our starting 11.

We'll never do anything without a decent attacking centre mid.

We'll never do anything without a decent winger (along with Milinkovic).

Sacking Levein wouldn't sort any of that right now.

So I almost agree with you entirely!

WalterWhite
Just now, Pollogb said:

Thought the boy Godinho did okay but........every week it's different players in a different system. I know we have injuries but why did Milinkovoc not start, clearly Levein doesn't like him. On his day he is one of our better players!!!

How many times have we played the same team, even when we play well and get a decent result the next game it's all change.

Finally, we desperately need a creative midfielder with passing ability and a winger with pace and a decent delivery........we are not that far away but again with all the loan players it will be all change next season.

Need a new manager.....get Clarke in!

I agree with the tinkering and chopping and changing its like a new kid getting a chance every week. We have a good core Berra, Souttar, Djoum (when fit) Laff, Naismith.  I would like to see a more consistent starting 11. 

I would love Clarke to manage hearts but will never happen no danger he would work under Levein he will return to the DOF role once his time as the manager ends Clarke will be waiting for a call from a English Championship side and jump ship. 

Callachan, just not good enough, pity with him being a supporter but that guarantees nothing.

Pasquale for King

We have played 36 players this season, we have had 25-30 players injured at various times. Playing youngsters give managers time and not too much criticism. They also get kudos for bringing in so many graduates into the first team. For me that hurts consistency, as does formation and tactical changes.

Levein has said he has to shout a Milinkovic to get back into position all the time. That encapsulates his ethos about the game, we are supposed to have a good defence (Berra and McLaughlin really) so why not give him a bit of freedom.

We are awful in the first half of most games, especially away.

Why Clarke wasn’t on our radar is strange really because from bottom of the league they will likely overtake us soon, which considering the budgets of both clubs is scary really. The shit will hit the fan on Friday if we don’t get some sort of result.

Regardless of whether Godinho did well or not, he simply should not have been starting today. Absurd team selection to leave out Cowie and Milinkovic too. But to be honest, I’m used to seeing the team an hour before kick off and wondering what on Earth we are playing at.

Smith&Weston

Doesn’t matter what 11 you put on the park if your tactics are to get everyone behind the ball until the other team score and we need to chase the game.

In Naismith and Lafferty we have 2 of the best strikers in the SPL for this level but they are mainly touching the ball in their own half or 50 yards from goal.

the whole team need to play a minimum 20 yards further up the park and when we get the ball wide we need to stop turning back inside or backwards.

We are not a team but a collection of individuals while most of our players are of superior quality Motherwell  (and eg Kilmarnock) are a team they fight and scratch for each other in league and cup.  this is disappointing rather than surprising. 

1 hour ago, amadjambo said:

Regardless of whether Godinho did well or not, he simply should not have been starting today. Absurd team selection to leave out Cowie and Milinkovic too. But to be honest, I’m used to seeing the team an hour before kick off and wondering what on Earth we are playing at.

100% agree. It always looks like we’ve got injuries and had to play unkown untested players and then the guy you thought would be in is on the bench, just to confuse you. 

levein is the tinker man - has a real odd way that doesn’t make sense.. 

Mars plastic
1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

Clarke will do for me

Absolutely missed a trick by not getting him in 

Pasquale for King

He doesn’t tinker at all, he makes wholesale changes on the team/formation and tactics every game. The only consistent is the players must defend at all costs to the detriment of attacking.

3fingersreid
20 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Jack Ross then.

If were playing guess the next one in I'll suggest ,

Hopkin at Livingston .

Clarke is now out of reach sadly .

Not so sure it's a change of manager we need ,we just need him to be braver ( or less bloody cautious if you prefer). Destroying celtic showed us ,the players and the management what the team can achieve .

44 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

If were playing guess the next one in I'll suggest ,

Hopkin at Livingston .

Clarke is now out of reach sadly .

Not so sure it's a change of manager we need ,we just need him to be braver ( or less bloody cautious if you prefer). Destroying celtic showed us ,the players and the management what the team can achieve .

He was also brave away to Celtic. Mental that we are prepared to play with risk against the one team capable of murdering us, but are so cautious against everyone else.

21 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Jack Ross then.

We burnt that bridge!

The White Cockade

don't buy this Milinkovic doesn't get back stuff

always busts a gut to get back especially when he has lost the ball

also stays deep if we are under pressure and then has the legs to get forward

I reckon Milinkovic is more of a super sub than a starter. Playing him from the bench gives him more impact that starting.

1 hour ago, The White Cockade said:

don't buy this Milinkovic doesn't get back stuff

always busts a gut to get back especially when he has lost the ball

also stays deep if we are under pressure and then has the legs to get forward

Exactly, complete urban myth. Guy runs for 90 minutes.

My issue is that he seems to have more of an impact coming off the bench. 

Archived