VAR chalks off another goal tonight at Wembley

CJGJ

42 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Match ball needs to be changed for an orange coloured one.

I was thinking that as well. Never see an orange ball now. 

Footballfirst

Now approved for general use

The IFABVerified account @TheIFAB

⚽ HISTORIC DECISION: The IFAB`s General Assembly has just approved Video Assistant Referees to be used on a permanent basis. The VAR system has been trialled over the past two years in almost 1,000 football matches. Read more about the news of the day! http://goo.gl/ZuJ8AH 

18 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Now approved for general use

The IFABVerified account @TheIFAB

⚽ HISTORIC DECISION: The IFAB`s General Assembly has just approved Video Assistant Referees to be used on a permanent basis. The VAR system has been trialled over the past two years in almost 1,000 football matches. Read more about the news of the day! http://goo.gl/ZuJ8AH 

if you read the comments in the bbc article about this and it most likely being used in this years world cup, it is all why could they not have had it 8 years ago and lampards goal would have stood. The rest are either bad for football or that they should now not take dele alli as he will actually get caught for his diving

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
On 28/02/2018 at 20:09, Kiwidoug said:

Is Stevie Wonder doing the VAR?  Two shocking decisions against Spurs.  Possibly another on its way.

Watch out, they will have you down as a conspiracy theorist soon. ?

1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

if you read the comments in the bbc article about this and it most likely being used in this years world cup, it is all why could they not have had it 8 years ago and lampards goal would have stood. The rest are either bad for football or that they should now not take dele alli as he will actually get caught for his diving

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Don’t want it. I prefer the odd wrong decision. 

Confirmed its being used at World Cup

At least our game in Scotland won't be ruined by VAR.

Seemed an interesting idea at first, but having seen it in a number of games it is clear the current method is far too slow. But I don't think there is any other method they could use, a human still has to playback footage and make a decision, no doubt taking even longer in high profile games.

TV really is wrecking football. From the money, to the slow motion replays we've become used to.

John Findlay
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Don’t want it. I prefer the odd wrong decision. 

Me too.

colinmaroon
On ‎28‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 20:15, Dinger said:

:rofl:

var is not good enough. 

Old computing saying,

"Doesn't matter how good a computer system you have, if you put kerap in, you'll get kerap out."

It's the same dummies who are operating the system who get it wrong on the pitch.

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

Old computing saying,

"Doesn't matter how good a computer system you have, if you put kerap in, you'll get kerap out."

It's the same dummies who are operating the system who get it wrong on the pitch.

I prefer one of the "Murphy's Law" sayings for IT.

"You can't make a system foolproof, because fools are so ingenious"

Archived