Mystery Edinburgh muscle man

Fxxx the SPFL

The Real Maroonblood
49 minutes ago, Say What Again said:

The arrested guy in that story works beside my mate (or at least that's certianly doing the rounds at his work). It's not Muscle Man / Adam.

I stay down by the Parliament and seem to see him every single day! If anything, he seems to have mellowed a bit recently. It's quite a while since I've seen him shouting at anyone, or in fact, even shouting. Mostly when I see him these days he's just walking about in his usual get-up, swinging his water bottles.

Maybe it's the lack of tourist.

As a wee side story, my sister was at a BBQ a few months ago and he was there! She said he couldn't have been nicer to everyone or any more polite! Next again day he was back to having a stand-off with a car in the middle of the Canongate.

Maybe not taking  his medication regularly could be the reason for his erratic behaviour.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• luckyBatistuta

• sadj

• been here before

Say What Again

I assume his Mum has caught up with him in those 2 years.

He must be the most easily found man in Edinburgh! A quick half hour stand at any spot on the Canongate/High Street would surely provide a result.

The junction of Jeffrey Street/St Mary Street probably the prime location. 😆

16 minutes ago, Say What Again said:

I assume his Mum has caught up with him in those 2 years.

He must be the most easily found man in Edinburgh! A quick half hour stand at any spot on the Canongate/High Street would surely provide a result.

The junction of Jeffrey Street/St Mary Street probably the prime location. 😆

In July, someone had posted a link to this thread, and mum had asked them and someone else who had replied to message her, so hopefully she'll find him.

She'll maybe be heading to the junction of Jeffery Street/St Mary Street right now: For the sake of Adam, hopefully not punching the palm of her hand as she walks.

Not seen him for a while. Walked past him a few times and he doesn't seem to notice me, which I'm pretty glad about. Last time I saw him he was taking a shit in one of the closes and having a right laugh about it, a real throw the head back laugh. I did see him once with a massive dead seagull, he was holding it by the wing and dragging it behind him.

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, westbow said:

Not seen him for a while. Walked past him a few times and he doesn't seem to notice me, which I'm pretty glad about. Last time I saw him he was taking a shit in one of the closes and having a right laugh about it, a real throw the head back laugh. I did see him once with a massive dead seagull, he was holding it by the wing and dragging it behind him.

A normal day in the life of the mystery man.

• 5 weeks later...
Fxxx the SPFL

Was down at Asda Newhaven last night and saw the tall lad (fiftyish) with the long wispy hair, cycles about on an old bike usually has a big bunch of keys hanging from his waistband his denim jeans are nearly yellow could probably walk to the washing machine themselves. I hadn't seen him for months usually around Leith area harmless guy used to wear a big pair of cowboy type boots and has a very unusual style of walk.

42 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Was down at Asda Newhaven last night and saw the tall lad (fiftyish) with the long wispy hair, cycles about on an old bike usually has a big bunch of keys hanging from his waistband his denim jeans are nearly yellow could probably walk to the washing machine themselves. I hadn't seen him for months usually around Leith area harmless guy used to wear a big pair of cowboy type boots and has a very unusual style of walk.

I know the guy you are on about.  Big guy, bald head with mullet?  Always on a bike miles too small for him.

I seen him kicking off at randoms that got off a bus once.

Scary, scary dude.

Fxxx the SPFL
1 hour ago, Lovecraft said:

I know the guy you are on about.  Big guy, bald head with mullet?  Always on a bike miles too small for him.

Scary, scary dude.

That's the guy although i cannot say iv'e ever seen him kicking off at anyone

I've seen him kick out at others on his bike . He used to have an anti esso board tied on his bike . Looks like riff raff from rocky horror show 

9 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

Scary, scary dude.

Christ knows how old he is, I’ve seen him cutting about Leith for years. I don’t live there now so obviously haven’t seen him for about five years. Does he still wear rigger boots? 

10 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

Think I know the guy you mean. Haven't seen him for a long time but used to often wear camouflage trousers and rigger boots with a black mac jacket. Bald head but with long scraggly hair coming down from the back. First clocked him when I stayed at my Mums in Elm Row about 2009. Never had the bike then though, but used to see him almost daily just walking up Leith Walk. Seen him down Portobello way sometimes.

4 minutes ago, Locky said:

Think I know the guy you mean. Haven't seen him for a long time but used to often wear camouflage trousers and rigger boots with a black mac jacket. Bald head but with long scraggly hair coming down from the back. First clocked him when I stayed at my Mums in Elm Row about 2009. Never had the bike then though, but used to see him almost daily just walking up Leith Walk. Seen him down Portobello way sometimes.

He’s clearly not homeless as I first saw him in the mid 90’s. Not sure I’d fancy him as a neighbour though. 

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

He’s clearly not homeless as I first saw him in the mid 90’s. Not sure I’d fancy him as a neighbour though. 

I've done a lot of volunteering in kitchens over the years and never once saw the guy on the bike with rigger boots on the bike come in for meals, so he can plainly support himself.

The guy this thread is about though, even though people said at the start of the thread he had independent means, used to frequent the kitchens I worked.  Used to eat two or three meals , then go into the toilets and puke it up.  Now I had fifteen year olds working for me in those kitchens, just trying to help homeless, and that was the sort of thing that scared them off, so He's one i struggle to have any empathy for.

On 09/01/2020 at 21:51, The Real Maroonblood said:

Unfortunately at some point this will end badly for him or someone else.

I too fear that this will be the case.  It’s  a bit tragic TBH.

Maybe I’m a snowflake.