Time for proper decisions.............

Debut 4

It`s getting boring, really boring, but we need two new full backs with attacking know how and who are good on the ball.

IMO, that would make a HUGE difference to Hearts. Our wide midfielders literally NEVER have a wide option of an overlapping full back.

Can any of you remember the last time Jose ever crossed a ball? I don`t think he ever has.

The midfield isn`t forceful enough aswell. I`d keep Jonsson and Pala but ditch Stewart (but kept as a squad player,i`m not saying empty him) and get a runner in the mould of Hartley/Cameron.

We have seen slight improvement since Frail has had control, but FFS, we all know there are simply some players who just don`t have what it takes to take Hearts to a new level.

We shouldn`t be seduced by a couple of fighting draws and a win over Hibs because in them there where are still major flaws in our performances.

Libertonian_II
It`s getting boring, really boring, but we need two new full backs with attacking know how and who are good on the ball.

IMO, that would make a HUGE difference to Hearts. Our wide midfielders literally NEVER have a wide option of an overlapping full back.

Can any of you remember the last time Jose ever crossed a ball? I don`t think he ever has.

The midfield isn`t forceful enough aswell. I`d keep Jonsson and Pala but ditch Stewart (but kept as a squad player,i`m not saying empty him) and get a runner in the mould of Hartley/Cameron.

We have seen slight improvement since Frail has had control, but FFS, we all know there are simply some players who just don`t have what it takes to take Hearts to a new level.

We shouldn`t be seduced by a couple of fighting draws and a win over Hibs because in them there where are still major flaws in our performances.

Spot on D4.

I've been saying the same for a while as well, ie we need new fullbacks. I'm not going to hold my breath however. It seems that our manager/coach feels that there are other more important positions need strengthened. Sure we need someone up front, but we're sufficient in midfield.

I hear what your saying but it could be argued that right now that the defence is not the most immediate problem.

Over the last 180 minutes Banks has only had one real save to make and that was a penalty.

It is though a fair point about our full backs (in)ability to cross a ball.

I hear what your saying but it could be argued that right now that the defence is not the most immediate problem.

Over the last 180 minutes Banks has only had one real save to make and that was a penalty.

It is though a fair point about our full backs (in)ability to cross a ball.

Other than the crosses from Jonsson, the best crosses (and free kick) we put in on Tuesday came from Neilson. He won a succession of corners in the first half too.

Other than the crosses from Jonsson, the best crosses (and free kick) we put in on Tuesday came from Neilson. He won a succession of corners in the first half too.

Youv`e got to look at the bigger picture bud. Over the time you have watched Neilson do you really think he is a good crosser?

As i said, it`s getting tedious whigeing about it all the time, but i think that it`s quite obvious the majority of fans on here and any others you or i know feel our fullbacks are inadequate.

I firmly believe if we had good balanced full backs, of which we have had before, would make a big difference to Hearts.

You can talk about the midfield all day but every player on the park,IMO, should be comfy on the ball and be able to make themselves available to take the ball.

we all agree that 2 full backs, striker that can score and new 1st choice keeper are urgently required but until we appoint a decent manager who do we trust to pick these players out?

Youv`e got to look at the bigger picture bud. Over the time you have watched Neilson do you really think he is a good crosser?

As i said, it`s getting tedious whigeing about it all the time, but i think that it`s quite obvious the majority of fans on here and any others you or i know feel our fullbacks are inadequate.

I firmly believe if we had good balanced full backs, of which we have had before, would make a big difference to Hearts.

You can talk about the midfield all day but every player on the park,IMO, should be comfy on the ball and be able to make themselves available to take the ball.

I think that the inability to hold the ball up front when Velicka, Elliot or Ksnavicius play is a far bigger problem than anything with the defence.

If your strikers can't hold the ball up - at all - it means your midfield and defence never ever get a chance to get up with the play. They have to do a lot more defending as a result as the ball always comes straight back.

I think that Neilson is amongst the best full backs in the league and only Frail and Locke in their short periods before injury got them have been as good for us at right back in the last 25 years. We could do with a player to provide competition for Neilson. Goncalves has massive flaws to his game but needs coaching. Lee Wallace is very comfortable on the ball.

Dougie Masterton
I think that the inability to hold the ball up front when Velicka, Elliot or Ksnavicius play is a far bigger problem than anything with the defence.

If your strikers can't hold the ball up - at all - it means your midfield and defence never ever get a chance to get up with the play. They have to do a lot more defending as a result as the ball always comes straight back.

I think that Neilson is amongst the best full backs in the league and only Frail and Locke in their short periods before injury got them have been as good for us at right back in the last 25 years. We could do with a player to provide competition for Neilson. Goncalves has massive flaws to his game but needs coaching. Lee Wallace is very comfortable on the ball.

Sorry mate, your wrong, he has been a liability for the last two years.

HMFCjamieHMFC

In the Inverness game he crossed numerous balls into the box

All very well talking about forwards holding up the ball, but you have to move up the park as a team.

Not all attacks start from the front. We rarely see our full backs overlap, they don`t show for the ball enough from the goalie(which was sticking out against Hibs). I could go through a list of full backs we had in the past who could be seen regulalry in the last third of the park crossing or joining attacks.

It`s pitiful the contrbution we get from ours just now.

PS...how old are you? Only Frail and Locke better than Neilson in last 25 years??? yer having a laugh? Hugh Burns, Walter Kidd, George Cowie, Dave McPherson(now and again although a CH), Maybury, there may be others?

All very well talking about forwards holding up the ball, but you have to move up the park as a team.

Not all attacks start from the front. We rarely see our full backs overlap, they don`t show for the ball enough from the goalie(which was sticking out against Hibs). I could go through a list of full backs we had in the past who could be seen regulalry in the last third of the park crossing or joining attacks.

It`s pitiful the contrbution we get from ours just now.

PS...how old are you? Only Frail and Locke better than Neilson in last 25 years??? yer having a laugh? Hugh Burns, Walter Kidd, George Cowie, Dave McPherson(now and again although a CH), Maybury, there may be others?

We rarely see our full backs overlap.

I'm just not sure that's true.

I think it's just more a case that they are not very effective when they do.

We rarely see our full backs overlap.

I'm just not sure that's true.

I think it's just more a case that they are not very effective when they do.

i just dont see it bud, i think their timing is carp. Last Saturday when we cried out for a bit posession or to take the initiative, the full backs continually ignored Banksy when they were in space to take a throw out.

Over a long period Neilson and Jose rarely cross balls. I`m not saying they never, i`m saying it`s a rarity. Particularly with Jose. He goes to sleep alot when he should be up the left mids er*e.

i just dont see it bud, i think their timing is carp. Last Saturday when we cried out for a bit posession or to take the initiative, the full backs continually ignored Banksy when they were in space to take a throw out.

Over a long period Neilson and Jose rarely cross balls. I`m not saying they never, i`m saying it`s a rarity. Particularly with Jose. He goes to sleep alot when he should be up the left mids er*e.

I think that the biggest problem is that the forward players can't hold the ball up.

When Jankauskas and Bednar were holding the ball up - Neilson and Fyssas got forward a lot. It is so important to have a player who can hold and distribute the ball. Nade can hold it but can't distribute it. None of the rest of our strikers can be counted on to even get 2 touches before losing the ball.

Archived