Jamie Walker

Perth to Paisley

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It should have been ten
55 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

Could've used him at County last week. Milinkovic and Cowie were absent and we were left with nothing of quality up top. Laff's a good striker if supported - he wasn't.

He was superb up till Cathro. By the summer I think he was done in with Hearts after the previous 6 months. Early Levein games he showed a lot of the Walker of old - Aberdeen at home he was kept out by the superb Lewis in their goal.

Few wee knocks before leaving didn't help. He'd shine in that team right now. Improvements from Souttar, Djoum, Randall and others since Levein took over are there to see.

Wish the guy well. But would take him back. Folk on here want Temps back... a guy who totally bombed at Rangers in the lower leagues only to wash up at relegation candidates Hamilton... Walker's career won't be similar to that imo. 

Fair post. He wanted to move on, time will tell if he's destined for bigger things. Just can't see it tbh.

been here before
1 hour ago, It should have been ten said:

Another Walker sympathiser 

:clyay:

Someone remarking opon your 24 carat weapons grade idiocy is a "Walker sympathiser"?

I suppose that thinking proves a point.

25 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Fair post. He wanted to move on, time will tell if he's destined for bigger things. Just can't see it tbh.

Biggee perhaps not. Bit certainly isn't on the verge of a Temps meltdown imo.

I choose Temps btw as like Jamie he was hot and cold for us. Unfortunately for Jamie his cold spell ran from February last year till September. 

It should have been ten
42 minutes ago, been here before said:

Someone remarking opon your 24 carat weapons grade idiocy is a "Walker sympathiser"?

"24 carat weapons grade idiocy" 

:clyay:

It should have been ten
24 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

I choose Temps btw as like Jamie he was hot and cold for us. Unfortunately for Jamie his cold spell ran from February last year till September. 

Agree with you there, unfortunately the Rangers interest definitely unsettled him.

Temps was hot and cold too like you say. 

It should have been ten
49 minutes ago, been here before said:

Ok then ye of all superiority  :compute:  

3 hours ago, It should have been ten said:

Aye whatever, he'd been a passenger for months. Isn't and won't be missed at all.

Course his last 6 months  were below par .but the standard he got himself up to before he was sold will be hard to beat for a hearts kid coming through the ranks..

But hey ho 

9 minutes ago, brux said:

Motm performance today and unlucky not to bag a goal. Well done son and hope it's the start of good things for you.

Subbed off after 60 mins.

31 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

"Ran himself into the ground" apparently. That's not the JW I've watched!

You've not watched hearts much over the last few years then 

Special Agent Dale Cooper
29 minutes ago, jambocub said:

True.

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Ran himself into the ground for the 60 minutes he knew he was staying on for.

Too often (Neilson especially) left him on the pitch when blowing out his arse as if it was some mental block they were trying to get jamie through.

I remember he played well in a game v rangers once and then was anonymous for several after. Lets see what he does over the next few matches.

11 hours ago, brux said:

Motm performance today and unlucky not to bag a goal. Well done son and hope it's the start of good things for you.

Assist for the winner and unlucky not to score himself :thumbsup:

Fozzyonthefence
5 hours ago, Jamos said:

I wouldn’t imagine that would be a particularly big poll though!

He could end up a FA Cup winner in his first season! Are they at the QF stage too?

Sounds like he’s probably still not fit if he’s played well and subbed after 60 mins.

14 hours ago, brux said:

Wish him well,pity someone messed his head up, when a Hearts player.

It should have been ten
7 hours ago, jambocub said:

Shame he never ran himself into the ground in his last year at Hearts 

6 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Shame he never ran himself into the ground in his last year at Hearts 

He was obviously running himself hard enough or he wouldn't have been picked or praised for his efforts from our manager

It should have been ten
Just now, jambocub said:

He was obviously running himself hard enough or he wouldn't have been picked or praised for his efforts from our manager

Ok Jambocub do you personally know Jamie Walker? 

MOTM performance, unlucky not to score sounds like a good performance....pity some small minded people on here can't seem to let him just get on with his career but have to resort to petty comments about his attitude and fitness.....leave it alone ffs.....

I wish him well. Scored some good ones for us and made us a wee bit of cash. Lads got to look after himself and his family. Pity about the Rangers crap though.

8 hours ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Some folk just see what they want to see

1 minute ago, socrates82 said:

Some folk just see what they want to see

Haters gonna hate mate.

maroonnicky63
Just now, It should have been ten said:

Nope, even Milinkovic has contributed more in the time he's been here than Walker had contributed for months 

Milinkovic is ok but no where near as good as Walker and you know it

On 2018-02-24 at 07:35, JamboX2 said:

Hot and cold? Walker was one of our most consistently effective and important attacking players over his entire first team career with us. Like a lot of players he lost form under cathro and struggled to get it back. But one of the things that marked Walker out for me was how he could be relied on to get important goals from midfield. 

maroonnicky63
Just now, Smithee said:

But these are two different Jamie Walkers, sure we miss the high scoring exciting talent but that's not the Walker we sold, that guy left a year ago. This season's Walker had stopped performing and wanted out - what's to miss?

you mean you only like the players who are on form

maroonnicky63
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

What goals are these? How many did he score this season?

agree with you on this but there are no doubt there were issues but an on form Jamie Walker was a class act , or are you another one that just likes players when they play well on form ??

scott herbertson
11 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

I wish him well. Scored some good ones for us and made us a wee bit of cash. Lads got to look after himself and his family. Pity about the Rangers crap though.

Well said. Looking back we were incredibly unlucky to lose both Walker and Paterson for long spells to injury. Could have made a big difference in the first season back up to have them both fully fit.

1 minute ago, maroonnicky63 said:

you mean you only like the players who are on form

You said we'd miss him, I'm saying it's a year since we saw a Jamie Walker we'd miss, and that guy wasn't coming back.

maroonnicky63
Just now, Smithee said:

You said we'd miss him, I'm saying it's a year since we saw a Jamie Walker we'd miss, and that guy wasn't coming back.

we do miss him or have you not been watching the games

2 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

we do miss him or have you not been watching the games

We've missed that Jamie Walker since January 2017, getting money for the guy we had was a great deal. 

maroonnicky63
Just now, Smithee said:

We've missed that Jamie Walker since January 2017, getting money for the guy we had was a great deal. 

it was a shite deal he was worth more than that or do you consider Paterson a good deal as well, we are giving our young players away FFS

It should have been ten
13 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

Milinkovic is ok but no where near as good as Walker and you know it

Never said he was a better player!!!!!

Read it properly and you’ll see I said he had contributed more in his short time here than Walker had for months. 

Tell me, do you know Jamie Walker personally? 

It should have been ten
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

SPOT ON!

maroonnicky63

Never said he was a better player!!!!!

Read it properly and you’ll see I said he had contributed more in his short time here than Walker had for months. 

Tell me, do you know Jamie Walker personally? 

No never met him but rated him very highly as I did with paterson

Hope no one is suggesting we should have kept him for him to walk on a free to the huns (if they even still wanted him by then). He had stopped trying and was a waste of a jersey.

Thankfully he'll soon be a distant memory and we can focus on Cochrane, McDonald, Moore and many more.

It should have been ten
Just now, maroonnicky63 said:

No never met him but rated him very highly as I did with paterson

Ah ok.

Paterson is a class above 

2 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

it was a shite deal he was worth more than that or do you consider Paterson a good deal as well, we are giving our young players away FFS

You're dancing away from the point which is you saying we miss Walker. We do, but that's not because we sold him, we miss him because he stopped giving us consistently good performances a year ago. Sorry if you don't like that but it's true.

It should have been ten
1 minute ago, OTT said:

Hope no one is suggesting we should have kept him for him to walk on a free to the huns (if they even still wanted him by then). He had stopped trying and was a waste of a jersey.

Thankfully he'll soon be a distant memory and we can focus on Cochrane, McDonald, Moore and many more.

You are absolutely bang on the money here. Thing is a few deluded ones on here can’t admit he had stopped trying and was a waste of a jersey. 

maroonnicky63

Ah ok.

Paterson is a class above 

Paterson is a tank , loved watching him when he was with us

It should have been ten
Just now, Smithee said:

You're dancing away from the point which is you saying we miss Walker. We do, but that's not because we sold him, we miss him because he stopped giving us consistently good performances a year ago. Sorry if you don't like that but it's true.

Hallelujah ??

maroonnicky63
Just now, Smithee said:

no need to say sorry we will just have to agree to disagree

It should have been ten
Just now, maroonnicky63 said:

Paterson is a tank , loved watching him when he was with us

Absolutely, pains me to see him play for another team. He was a huge miss to us when he suffered his injury. Wish him all the best in his career, he has the potential to go very far 

maroonnicky63

Absolutely, pains me to see him play for another team. He was a huge miss to us when he suffered his injury. Wish him all the best in his career, he has the potential to go very far 

it really really pains me that they got him for peanuts that's what sticks in my craw

Archived