Sam Nicholson or David Milinkovic?

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME

Just interested to see who people would rather have Sam Nicholson, or David Milinkovic? and with sam’s contract at Minnesota up in December of this year would you like to see him back at hearts if the opportunity presented itself.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ...a bit disco

• i8hibsh

• Notts1874

• HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME

Depends if sam nicholson of old or them nicholson in his last year of hearts where he was not intersted.

Old sam ahead of him, disinterested sam not.

Nicholson with his ability would have been a cracking player if he had milinkovics work rate and physique. Milinkovic for me just though

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME
1 minute ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Nicholson with his ability would have been a cracking player if he had milinkovics work rate and physique. Milinkovic for me just though

Totally agree that’s my exact take on it. 

August Landmesser
1 minute ago, Paul Shark said:

Until Milinkovic runs towards Hibs holding his bollocks. It's Nicolson for me.

Friday 9th March, nap.

Jambof3tornado
11 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Slinky for me.

Slinky? Thought it was skinny, as in skinny malinky long legs big banana feet!!

I like Dave but as far as better player goes, it's got to be Sam for me. Milinkovic has had a couple of good games and an unbelievable game v Celtic but he's still a 21st century Wayne Foster and has been pretty pap for the most part. 

Nicholson is a one trick pony who was past his sell by date by the time he left us.

Milinkovic for me by a mile.

Id rather we signed Templeton than Nicholson.

Edited by Lambo85

Silly question. Sam had no impact at all towards the end of his time here, unwilling to take his man on and didn't want to take responsibility for getting on the ball and making things happen.

Milinkovic every time for me.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Lambo85 said:

Nicholson is a one trick pony who was past his sell by date by the time he left us.

Plus one 

Milinkovic I still don’t even think we have seen the best of him. Hopefully saves it for after he signs his 3 year deal!

2 minutes ago, Jeff said:

I reckon the Talbot challenge on Nicholson set him back. Ever since that challenge he almost looked a bit timid and wasn't the same player.

Not surprised, TBF

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME
8 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Very good point templeton would be a good addition.

6 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

I like Dave but as far as better player goes, it's got to be Sam for me. Milinkovic has had a couple of good games and an unbelievable game v Celtic but he's still a 21st century Wayne Foster and has been pretty pap for the most part. 

I'm not sure I agree with this; Nicholson only scored 13 goals in 109 games and I don't recall him being overly creative in terms of assists. Wayne Foster scored 12 goals in 160 appearances. Milinkovic already has 5 goals and 3 assists in just 19 games, many of which have been from the subs bench; his 5 goals have contributed to 3 wins and 1 draw, so I would suggest that your assertion that he has been 'pap for the most part' is pretty wide of the mark, as he is proving his worth pretty regularly.

Would like both, different types though, Sam could be very exciting, as a result a bit inconsistent, Milinkovic more productive and versatile. We do not have Sam but we have Mitchell who is very effective as wing back, he was not at his best on Saturday with a few others, but still to see the best of him, hopefully this weekend. Would like to see Naismith as the main striker ( he is having to spend too much time in our half ), with Lafferty/Milinkovic supporting or both. We need to be winning our share in midfield to let these ones play, instead of them tracking back continually trying to get possession, ideally they should be making more runs and getting service. Hopefully Adao will help make us more competitive in an area we have been lacking, and give the young ones a chance to flourish. This window has helped but in reality we are still a work in progress and Saturday is vital to keep our season alive. Signs of progress are more important than fourth or fifth in the league. Sorry it was Sam or David thread.

Different types but if I was choosing I would prefer Dave. He's got the ability matched by work rate and a desire to get stuck in.

Sam was too lightweight and didn't do enough of the dirty work.

Horatio Caine
33 minutes ago, HMFC86 said:

Milinkovic I still don’t even think we have seen the best of him. Hopefully saves it for after he signs his 3 year deal!

Yeah...trouble is, when permanent deals get signed the player sometimes stops trying.  We have seen that before - Djoum anyone?

44 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

This.

In the end I thought Nicholson’s play became aimless and predictable.

Milinkovic has got a better brain.

Knows when to slow play down or when to keep moving with the ball.

Lucille's Thirsty

I would rather keep Milinkovic to be honest. Nicholson was frustrating at times both are quite similar in that sense. Wouldn’t mind both however as it’s a squad game. The amount of money we plough into the club we’ll see the benefits in a few years I’m sure.

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Both. Just imagine the Instagram stories Skinny could send from Nandos.

Skinnstagram?

Wee Davie for me: He might lose the ball but he’ll fight to get it back.

if Sam bulks up and grows up a bit I think he could be a very good player though

itsnomarooned
53 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Slinky? Thought it was skinny, as in skinny malinky long legs big banana feet!!

Slinky Malinki is a cat in in a series of children's books - maybe this was the reference here.

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Some shanner nicknames likes. However, usually a term of endearment so Skinny should be happy.

Says the man who renamed half the first team squad with women's names.

24 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Manuel.

Every single day.

Only you ???

same for me tho Skinny everyday of the week. If Nicholson before the Talbot challenge and with Skinnys workrate would be worth having aswell though 

12 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Says the man who renamed half the first team squad with women's names.

I liked to refer to them as the Hearts Girl band

Dawn Cowie*

Kerry Kitchen

Princess Bauben

Valerie Martin

*He is back to Don now.

...a bit disco
10 minutes ago, sadj said:

Only you ???

same for me tho Skinny everyday of the week. If Nicholson before the Talbot challenge and with Skinnys workrate would be worth having aswell though 

:thumbsup:

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I liked to refer to them as the Hearts Girl band

Dawn Cowie*

Kerry Kitchen

Princess Bauben

Valerie Martin

*He is back to Don now.

tumblr_lvmghhYuRF1r3ovdbo1_500.gif