• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ...a bit disco

• i8hibsh

• Notts1874

• Bazzas right boot

Tokyo Drifter
3 hours ago, HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME said:

Just interested to see who people would rather have Sam Nicholson, or David Milinkovic? and with sam’s contract at Minnesota up in December of this year would you like to see him back at hearts if the opportunity presented itself.

Slinky Milinky for me, though I'd be glad to see Sam back in a Hearts shirt.

2 hours ago, Jamdub said:

Sammy, WTF ????

If we could've paired Sammy and Skinny together.  It'd have been like Robbie and Kylie.

Boring and hyped.

...a bit disco
8 minutes ago, Barack said:

It’ll help people to justify the Nicholhibs chat, that we’ve had on here before. 

Go where he likes, quite honestly.

Nicholhibs indeed.

Sake.

1 minute ago, ...a bit disco said:

Nicholhibs indeed.

Sake.

As his pal is now at Rangers should he now not be called Nicholsevco?

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

As his pal is now at Rangers should he now not be called Nicholsevco?

giphy.gif

:thumbsup:

He Who Cannot Be Named

Sams a decent player, but he is one of those guys who will forever be a wee boy. The Nando's generation.

1 hour ago, He Who Cannot Be Named said:

Sams a decent player, but he is one of those guys who will forever be a wee boy. The Nando's generation.

Well said

Milinkovic's desire and hard work puts him on a different level to Nicholson

Fortunately the new breed of youngsters seem to have a better attitude 

Milinkovic for me. Nicholson had a lot of natural talent but didn't have the workrate or attitude which puts Milinkovic on another planet imo. 

6 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Slinky? Thought it was skinny, as in skinny malinky long legs big banana feet!!

I thought it was skinny as well, anyway skinny before sam.

6 hours ago, communist said:

Silly question. Sam had no impact at all towards the end of his time here, unwilling to take his man on and didn't want to take responsibility for getting on the ball and making things happen.

Milinkovic every time for me.

:spoton: 

Sam had some real natural talent. That goal he scored against hibs when he took it on the turn, megged somebody then rifled it in on his bad foot was one of the best goals I’ve seen at Tynie. 

Its early days on milinkovic but so far so good.

7 hours ago, Lambo85 said:

Nicholson is a one trick pony who was past his sell by date by the time he left us.

Milinkovic for me by a mile.

Id rather we signed Templeton than Nicholson.

Bingo 

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I liked to refer to them as the Hearts Girl band

Dawn Cowie*

Kerry Kitchen

Princess Bauben

Valerie Martin

*He is back to Don now.

Possibly your worst post ever.

You were doing so  well too, I'm not angry, just dissapionted.:thumbsdown:

2 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Possibly your worst post ever.

You were doing so  well too, I'm not angry, just dissapionted.:thumbsdown:

Did you not even laugh a wee bit?

:sob:

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Did you not even laugh a wee bit?

:sob:

I cried ... A little:thumbsup:

Bazzas right boot

Too early to compare.

In this league, wide men can become stale after a season or two, no suprise, you might have played v the same defence 8 times!

Milinkovic is hard working and has added goals.

Sam scored a few very good goals ànd was very creative in rotation with king and walker for a good two / three seasons.

If Milinkovic continues his goal return it will be hard to argue against him, but too early to compare.

Edited by BigDave'sHeed

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Milinkovic I suspect will be a frustratingly inconsistent forward. He is is on a hot streak at the moment, I just hope when he inevitably has a poor run of form we stick by him. 

I suspect Craig knows the way to get the best out of Milinkovic is to keep his feet on the ground and not to flatter him.

Milinkovic by a mile.

Nicholson has the technical ability to be a very good player but he lacks the work rate and determination to be that player.

Milinkovic for me.  I didn’t get the Nicholson-fest.  Decent in the Championship but inconsistent beyond belief once we came up.

adambraejambo

I remember watching the Scottish cup game against Hibs that ended 0-0 from the old stand. Although the whole team performance was inept I remember watching Nicolson and thinking what is the point to him. Yes he may have had loads of potential and on his day maybe has more skill in his locker than skinny but give me skinny any day of the week. Just get the feeling he loves Hearts already and he gives 100% every single game. Might not always come off for him but I'd rather have that than Sam back going through the motions. 

Edited by adambraejambo

Rather than the Talbot challenge I feel Sam’s real downturn in form coincided with Sow leaving. Might just be a coincidence and, even so, many may not agree it even happened then. For all I sing Milinkovic’s praises I’m waiting for him to tear a full back to shreds. On his day Sam was one of the best in the league at beating a full back which made his decline all the harder to watch. 

Id have Nicholson of 2015 in my team ahead of most wingers in the country. 

Coburg Hearts
10 hours ago, Buffalo Bill said:

Milinkovic by a mile.

BB, is that a smaller or bigger margin than a country mile?  I get confused. :smile:

Anyway, I agree, it's DM for me.

9 hours ago, RDSK said:

Rather than the Talbot challenge I feel Sam’s real downturn in form coincided with Sow leaving. Might just be a coincidence and, even so, many may not agree it even happened then. For all I sing Milinkovic’s praises I’m waiting for him to tear a full back to shreds. On his day Sam was one of the best in the league at beating a full back which made his decline all the harder to watch. 

Id have Nicholson of 2015 in my team ahead of most wingers in the country. 

Milinkovic has hardly beaten a full-back since he joined us. I reckon he would be better suited to a role playing off the main striker - like how he got his goal on Saturday.

Back to the OP, I'd choose an in-form Nicholson any day for his pace, directness and goal threat.

For me Milinkovic! Always keen to go forward and works his arse off in defensive areas! Bit rough round the edges but could really see him become a real favourite amongst us lot! He’s certainly not doing any harm to his chances of a permanent contract that’s for sure!!?

Bit sorry for Sam. Loads of skill, but for some reason he just did not kick on in his last season with us. Milinkovic looks a player and I hope he is here for a while.

Nicholson doesn't have half the burning desire that Milinkovic has.

No question about who I would take.

• 2 years later...
RenfrewHearts

Shameless bump this. The abuse Sam Nicholson took as a young enthusiastic Jambo on this platform was shocking and it’s great to see him enjoying football in England. Kid had immense potential. The fact him or Milinkovic was ever a question when you consider the backgrounds is bizarre. Always look after your own! 
I’d be looking very closely at Sam enjoying his football atm as Steve Clarke and getting him in amongst the Scotland set up. His enthusiasm and talent is so infectious and it shows that it’s never too late for the penny to drop. So instead of slagging all things Cochrane, C Smith and whoever has shown promise. Embrace their talent and support them. Time to invest our passion as Hearts fans into talented footballers.

Sick of the narrative that if you breakthrough at 16 and then struggle for a few years that it’s all over. Harry Cochrane only needs to look at how good Billy Gilmour is and all that is right about English football academies. The difference is huge. Why don’t we embrace everything about the good down in England and create it at the Oriam? Would be revolutionary for our game and everything outside the “west coast” bubble. 

So aye let’s get a Jambo in the Scotland team and enjoy Andy Irving being our best player by a country mile. Lovely reading how much wee Sam is enjoying his football just now. And always remember his Derby goal in the 14/15 season. 

1 hour ago, RenfrewHearts said:

Shameless bump this. The abuse Sam Nicholson took as a young enthusiastic Jambo on this platform was shocking and it’s great to see him enjoying football in England. Kid had immense potential. The fact him or Milinkovic was ever a question when you consider the backgrounds is bizarre. Always look after your own! 
I’d be looking very closely at Sam enjoying his football atm as Steve Clarke and getting him in amongst the Scotland set up. His enthusiasm and talent is so infectious and it shows that it’s never too late for the penny to drop. So instead of slagging all things Cochrane, C Smith and whoever has shown promise. Embrace their talent and support them. Time to invest our passion as Hearts fans into talented footballers.

Sick of the narrative that if you breakthrough at 16 and then struggle for a few years that it’s all over. Harry Cochrane only needs to look at how good Billy Gilmour is and all that is right about English football academies. The difference is huge. Why don’t we embrace everything about the good down in England and create it at the Oriam? Would be revolutionary for our game and everything outside the “west coast” bubble. 

So aye let’s get a Jambo in the Scotland team and enjoy Andy Irving being our best player by a country mile. Lovely reading how much wee Sam is enjoying his football just now. And always remember his Derby goal in the 14/15 season. 

Would fully agree with this sentiment 

He was a young lad and it “appears” that he left Scotland at a young age and to escape the pressure of living in Edinburgh. No doubt he took a lot of abuse in his personal life from the mutant half

Takes a lot of guts to go halfway round the world and try something new. Now he wants at some point to come back to Hearts. 

He will have learned a lot about life experiences and will have matured by then.

Been following his career on and off since he left us and he is now playing as a central striker for BR - not so much a new role as he played this role when he was younger but he gets on with it and by all accounts is doing well 

Ultimately he loves Hearts and is a Jambo through and through. I for one would love to see him back at Tynie and in the future. A much more mature and composed Nicholson coming back has a lot of appeal for me. 

RenfrewHearts
39 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Would fully agree with this sentiment 

He was a young lad and it “appears” that he left Scotland at a young age and to escape the pressure of living in Edinburgh. No doubt he took a lot of abuse in his personal life from the mutant half

Takes a lot of guts to go halfway round the world and try something new. Now he wants at some point to come back to Hearts. 

He will have learned a lot about life experiences and will have matured by then.

Been following his career on and off since he left us and he is now playing as a central striker for BR - not so much a new role as he played this role when he was younger but he gets on with it and by all accounts is doing well 

Ultimately he loves Hearts and is a Jambo through and through. I for one would love to see him back at Tynie and in the future. A much more mature and composed Nicholson coming back has a lot of appeal for me. 

I’ll always remember the Nicholson I seen in the 2014 Youth Cup final and how excited I was at the time. Was genuinely sure he would go onto Scotland honours. Sadly he had a bit of the “Cummings” in him in terms of daft boy but who doesn’t it’s great escapism in modern life. America has evidently been exciting for the lad and I read he’s now expecting his first child. Which will help even more for perspective. 

Announce the Sam Nicholson appreciation thread. A proper Jambo living out his footballing dreams. 

A_A wehatethehibs

Would still probably take Milinkovic over Nicholson, few goals in league 1 isn’t changing that imo. There were bigger issues with Sam here, he confessed in the media that he had a “mental blockage” performing for Hearts due to the pressure. In many of the big games that Neilson used to take the full blame for, Sam Nicholson disappeared into thin air. Fans don’t forget that. Whereas Milinkovic, relished the few big games he played and the fans will always remember him for it. 

If Nicholson ever came back to Hearts, with what he’s said about the mental side, I think it would be the same as Jamie Walker, mentally it would go wrong. He made the right call not to come back. Whereas if Skinny came back would probably be more closer to the second spell of Rudi or Stevo, big game player, knowing the meaning of playing for Hearts again after making the mistake of leaving for money. I think Jim Jeffries would point that out to Neilson, sometimes certain players just fit certain clubs, they do things out of nothing in the big games which mean everything to the fans, we all felt Milinkovic was one of those. Rudi had done very little for 5 years when JJ brought him back. If we could get Milinkovic for our empty slot at right wing next season with GMS on the left... sounds good to me. But more likely there’s other players Neilson will have in mind. 

On Sam though, he would probably be a pretty good “in form signing” in this window for someone like Portsmouth, Doncaster or Peterborough for the right price. Might be the extra legs to help them get automatic places. And who knows, from there could eventually rise to the championship. Good luck to him.

I liked Sam, and I wouldn't say he disappeared in big games. He scored a few in the derbies if I recall. Like most wingers, he was inconsistent. I think that he'll be good through the middle and it's not a surprise to see him doing well there. I remember him scoring a few goals where we'd hit teams on the counter and he'd ghost in from the left wing to get on the end of a cross.

I loved Skinny. There was something about him that just made you enjoy watching him play. Also inconsistent but definitely up for the big games.  He's one of those players who just fits in at Hearts. Maybe not with the coaches but definitely with the fans. I'd love it if he came back, even if he has done nothing for three years.

3 hours ago, RenfrewHearts said:

I’ll always remember the Nicholson I seen in the 2014 Youth Cup final and how excited I was at the time. Was genuinely sure he would go onto Scotland honours. Sadly he had a bit of the “Cummings” in him in terms of daft boy but who doesn’t it’s great escapism in modern life. America has evidently been exciting for the lad and I read he’s now expecting his first child. Which will help even more for perspective. 

Announce the Sam Nicholson appreciation thread. A proper Jambo living out his footballing dreams. 

How do you join the Sam Nicholson fan club? 

Byyy The Light
6 hours ago, RenfrewHearts said:

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 Could not agree more.

Nicholson IMO on his game is easily one of the best wingers in Scotland. He's pacey, direct, can shoot (and score), set up assists etc. 

I'd be pleased to see him back. I think he really suffered under Cathro in being relied on to dig us out of mess after mess. Plus, frustration I think boiled over for a lot of folk and directed it at him which obviously wasn't fair on the laddie. 

Hope to see him return maybe next season? (think it was a 2 year deal he signed) so maybe need to cough up a bit for him. Otherwise, see if we can nab him on a free the season after.