Tynecastle voted best away ground

Killinman

yabadabadoo1874again
13 hours ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

And you decide Ibrox is the worst away ground. It wouldn't matter what the circumstances, that's the way you would vote.

It is.  It simply is.  The people there are a deciding factor.  I  go there no longer.  Nor would I take my children... its the polar opposite of a good ground.

On ‎03‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 08:47, Jeff said:

Shocked that Easter Road is 3rd tbh

What's really ironic is that the vermin enjoy away days at Tynecastle, even  though they would never admit it.

MacDonald Jardine
3 hours ago, yabadabadoo1874again said:

It is.  It simply is.  The people there are a deciding factor.  I  go there no longer.  Nor would I take my children... its the polar opposite of a good ground.

And Celtic are friendly? I'm well aware there are reasons for it but the atmosphere at Parkhead and Ibrox are miles apart.

MacDonald Jardine
17 hours ago, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

Level 5 levels of deflection right there.

Again you decide to involve yourself in something that doesn't concern you.

yabadabadoo1874again
1 hour ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

And Celtic are friendly? I'm well aware there are reasons for it but the atmosphere at Parkhead and Ibrox are miles apart.

If you're a sectarian racist bigot or enjoy the company of sectarian racist bigots then we can perhaps understand a love of Ibrox. 

I'm not...so I stand by my rating of that place as the worst...easily the worst.

MacDonald Jardine
16 minutes ago, yabadabadoo1874again said:

If you're a sectarian racist bigot or enjoy the company of sectarian racist bigots then we can perhaps understand a love of Ibrox. 

I'm not...so I stand by my rating of that place as the worst...easily the worst.

You're entitled to your opinion but you're also ignoring other clubs' faults.

Tynie easily has the best match day experience in the country so no surprise here.  When it's rocking, there are few grounds in Europe that can compare.  I'm mates with a Liverpool fan who swears by Tynie as the best away experience he's had and he has travelled all over to see them.  

We may be in the top two for our away fans but we could improve as home fans.  Like I say, the atmosphere is top drawer when we are winning but if not, it's like a library.  I've always hated the thought of needing a singing section at a football ground but perhaps it's exactly what we need.

Clubs don't expect to win at Tynie whereas they know they will 99/100 at Easter road hence why it's no big deal going there.  Easter road has never been a favoured away day of mine, it's a dump.  I much prefer going to Killie and Dundee Utd; especially when they were terracing.

On 03/02/2018 at 10:02, Nelly Terraces said:

I'm sure that as soon as the Coddies have their Red Arena or wtf they're gonna call it, in the middle of of a field 10 miles outside of Aberdeen that will easily top this poll. Or so the numbnuts that follow them & come on here will try to keep telling us. :laugh:

They should call it ‘The Pen’.

I wonder if the club has looked into ways to take advantage of the lack of near by pubs for away fans ? 

Either a bar under the Roseburn Stand or even pop-up bars within the grounds of the old Tynecastle High School would be worthwhile looking into. 

11 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I wonder if the club has looked into ways to take advantage of the lack of near by pubs for away fans ? 

Either a bar under the Roseburn Stand or even pop-up bars within the grounds of the old Tynecastle High School would be worthwhile looking into. 

Should just stick some old battered couches in the park on Gorgie Road. They can bring their own White Lightening and have a right good shindig.

1 minute ago, Ryder said:

Should just stick some old battered couches in the park on Gorgie Road. They can bring their own White Lightening and have a right good shindig.

I was hoping to extract more dole money from the bigot brothers for our coffers.

William H. Bonney
2 hours ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

All clubs have faults but none quite like rangers. A bigoted cesspool of scum housed under one roof. 

I've never met a rangers fan who isn't an absolute *****. 

8 hours ago, yabadabadoo1874again said:

Love an away day at ibrox, defo in the top 3 away days, IMO. 

9 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I was hoping to extract more dole money from the bigot brothers for our coffers.

We should be encouraging away fans to spend as little time as possible in the environs of the ground as it is.

1 minute ago, Irufushi said:

Love an away way day at ibrox, defo in the top 3 away days, IMO. 

Have to agree with this.

Celtic fans are way worse ask the Ball Boys, Kiosk Girls, Stewards at Tynie if in doubt and there plastic Irishness is pathetic, animals that  complained at a song they could not handle

15 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Only messing. I completely agree with you.

kingantti1874
29 minutes ago, Jefferson Davis Hogg said:

All clubs have faults but none quite like rangers. A bigoted cesspool of scum housed under one roof. 

I've never met a rangers fan who isn't an absolute *****. 

Don't remember rangers fans smearing human faeces on the walls of Tynecastle, forcing the closure of the catering facilities, forcing the kids game at half time to be moved. Oh don't get me wrong they are arseholes.. But celtic fans are without parallel.. This isn't an opinion. Its cold hard fact. 

I was astonished when walking down Macleod street to game yesterday three saints fans were right behind me and when the main stand became visible they absolutely slaughtered it about the way it looked and the foundation plaza name. Good to see that Tynecastle still voted best ground to visit.

5 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

They absolutely slaughtered it about the way it looked 

Have they ever looked at their own ground I wonder!?

12 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

I was astonished when walking down Macleod street to game yesterday three saints fans were right behind me and when the main stand became visible they absolutely slaughtered it about the way it looked and the foundation plaza name. Good to see that Tynecastle still voted best ground to visit.

Jealousy is a mean mistress. This is a club who recently explored the option of shutting one of their stands and building a road through it.

6 hours ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

About 4.5 miles as the crowd flies.

yabadabadoo1874again
5 hours ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

I'm unable to help you in this regard.  

It's about best away grounds.

But...of all the faults in all the world to ignore...it certainly wouldn't be those highly evident at Ibrox...

Sir Vladimir of Romanov

While I appreciate the award, I would far rather away fans hated coming to Tynecastle. 

9 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Don't remember rangers fans smearing human faeces on the walls of Tynecastle, forcing the closure of the catering facilities, forcing the kids game at half time to be moved. Oh don't get me wrong they are arseholes.. But celtic fans are without parallel.. This isn't an opinion. Its cold hard fact. 

Totally. The Mhanks are the worst support bar none.

9 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

Your description puzzles me.  When you say they slaughtered it do you mean they were impressed or were they critical.

Not trying to be smart but genuinely interested.  Possibly a language thing between generations.

Bought a youngster a pint a few months ago and he said it was really bad.  He meant it was really good.

??? It's tricky being old.

13 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Agreed, Celtic fans are by far and away the worst in the country.

On ‎03‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 08:43, Killinman said:

Tynecastle has been voted best away ground by the Scottish Supporters Association. Easter Road languishing in third after Ross Counties ground. Aberdeen fans voted best away fans with Heart's in second. Pretty impressive if you ask me.

Most ordinary fans love going to Tynie, they love the high stands and views of the pitch.

My least favourite is ibrox. First time I went was mid-nineties. The atmosphere sounded so artificial it reminded me of a ZX Spectrum game :down:

19 hours ago, Finlay James said:

Tynie easily has the best match day experience in the country so no surprise here.  When it's rocking, there are few grounds in Europe that can compare.  I'm mates with a Liverpool fan who swears by Tynie as the best away experience he's had and he has travelled all over to see them.  

We may be in the top two for our away fans but we could improve as home fans.  Like I say, the atmosphere is top drawer when we are winning but if not, it's like a library.  I've always hated the thought of needing a singing section at a football ground but perhaps it's exactly what we need.

Clubs don't expect to win at Tynie whereas they know they will 99/100 at Easter road hence why it's no big deal going there.  Easter road has never been a favoured away day of mine, it's a dump.  I much prefer going to Killie and Dundee Utd; especially when they were terracing.

You've just insinuated that Hibs lose 99/100 home matches :lol:

Easter Road isn't anywhere near the level of Tynecastle. It's a ****ing shitehole. 

Folk arguing over if Celtic or Rangers fans are the worse :lol:

They are both as vile and detestable as each other. Utter scum, both of them.

2 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Folk arguing over if Celtic or Rangers fans are the worse :lol:

They are both as vile and detestable as each other. Utter scum, both of them.

I like this argument that Rangers aren’t as bad because they don’t hate us as much as Celtic do. Reminds me of the scene in the office where the white woman takes offence to Brent’s joke about ‘a black man’s penis’. 

11 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Your description puzzles me.  When you say they slaughtered it do you mean they were impressed or were they critical.

Not trying to be smart but genuinely interested.  Possibly a language thing between generations.

Bought a youngster a pint a few months ago and he said it was really bad.  He meant it was really good.

??? It's tricky being old.

They were ripping the piss out of it Doug :) 

20 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

So they were critical.  Wonder what their combined IQ is.

I trust they will witness the dictionary definition of slaughtered on Saturday.

MacDonald Jardine
4 hours ago, Ryder said:

I like this argument that Rangers aren’t as bad because they don’t hate us as much as Celtic do. Reminds me of the scene in the office where the white woman takes offence to Brent’s joke about ‘a black man’s penis’. 

Does it? In what way?

I accept most find both offensive but I'm staggered that any Hearts fan could find Rangers worse given Celtics behaviour. 

6 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Does it? In what way?

I accept most find both offensive but I'm staggered that any Hearts fan could find Rangers worse given Celtics behaviour. 

Rangers fans behaviour is abominable at other grounds. Similar to how Celtic fans behave at Tynecastle. Hence the Office analogy.

Also, I’ve only ever had a physical confrontation with supporters of one team, after a game at Tynecastle. That was Rangers fans after Andy Davis. 

MacDonald Jardine
Just now, Ryder said:

Rangers fans behaviour is abominable at other grounds. Similar to how Celtic fans behave at Tynecastle. Hence the Office analogy.

Also, I’ve only ever had a physical confrontation with supporters of one team, after a game at Tynecastle. That was Tangers fans after Andy Davis. 

Fair enough if that's your experience, although I doubt it's common. 

I'm well aware the Rangers fans' behaviour can be abysmal. 

My point is Celtic are equally so and ramp it up when they play us.

By all means find Rangers offensive but worse than Celtic?

Just now, MacDonald Jardine said:

Fair enough if that's your experience, although I doubt it's common. 

I'm well aware the Rangers fans' behaviour can be abysmal. 

My point is Celtic are equally so and ramp it up when they play us.

By all means find Rangers offensive but worse than Celtic?

I don’t find them worse than Celtic. I find them both equally unpleasant.

MacDonald Jardine
12 minutes ago, Ryder said:

I don’t find them worse than Celtic. I find them both equally unpleasant.

And I get that. It's others who find Celtic less unpleasant I can't fathom, unless they have an agenda. 

Coburg Hearts
11 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

Agreed, Celtic fans are by far and away the worst in the country.

This is beyond any dispute.

35 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

And I get that. It's others who find Celtic less unpleasant I can't fathom, unless they have an agenda. 

Have an agenda? That's a bit much, I'd say more just people see things differently. I mean you're not exactly Mr Dispassionate on the subject yourself TBF.

1 hour ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Does it? In what way?

Someone on here years ago pointed out that both sides of the OF treat us as mini-Huns. This means that Celtic fans get violent and Rangers fans are patronizing.

So from Hearts' subjective point of view Celtic always seems worse. In my very, very limited experience I know several Celtic fans I quite like but every Rangers fan I've gotten to know personally has been a complete arsehole. My experience is not remotely representative, of course, but it's the reason I hate Rangers more than any other Scottish club.

Archived