Tynecastle voted best away ground

Killinman

Tynecastle has been voted best away ground by the Scottish Supporters Association. Easter Road languishing in third after Ross Counties ground. Aberdeen fans voted best away fans with Heart's in second. Pretty impressive if you ask me.

4 minutes ago, Killinman said:

Tynecastle has been voted best away ground by the Scottish Supporters Association. Easter Road languishing in third after Ross Counties ground. Aberdeen fans voted best away fans with Heart's in second. Pretty impressive if you ask me.

Great news.

No surprise that we're top. The recent improvements at Tynecastle will have only solidified our position there. Unlike most other clubs, our ground is normally relatively full and although the atmosphere lacks for bog standard league games, when the crowd get behind the team it has the best atmosphere. 

Just confirming what we already knew ?

Tynecastle is an outstanding place to play your football. Just imagine what it's going to be like if we go through another big renovation project. Corners filled in or standing section or increase the wheatfield would all make it even better!

Tynecastle has it's reputation of the most atmospheric ground and one if the best big match experiences in Scotland for as long as I can remember.

It is now even better with our superb new stand.

The flumps will be seething!!!!

11 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Shocked that Easter Road is 3rd tbh

Only for the novelty of coming to the capital.

whislt we have that too our ground is far superior in terms of atmosphere and experience.

9 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

What we're the worst away grounds

Hamilton would be my guess. 

Must be Parkhead. 

Captain Bubblebeard

If it’s top flight only, I’d vote Fester Road as my favourite away ground but that is obviously very strongly linked to the occasion/part-ownership.

There are so many that are soulless and atmosphereless its tough to pick a full list but I’d go:

Fester

Partick

Motherwell

Dundee

Aberdeen

Ibrox

Parkhead

Kilmarnock

McDiarmid

Hamilton

*not been to Ross County - PHM credentials severely under question.

The fact that Motherwell comes third says it all really!

28 minutes ago, Killinman said:

No bad for a few bus stops?

Bazzas right boot
27 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Shocked that Easter Road is 3rd tbh

Not when considering the other grounds/ teams.

Ross county, Hamilton, Dundee,  saints....

Can't see many enjoying Aberdeen, Celtic or rangers either.

I always like partick thistle,utd and  Dunfermline are ok as well.

King Of The Cat Cafe

I was talking last night to a 

13 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Must be Parkhead. 

I was talking last night to a man whose grandson, aged about 10, is a fanatic Hibbie.

He was telling the grandad "how close" Hibs ran Celtic last week.

I asked "Was he there?"

He said. "No, his dad won't take him to Parkhad."

Just now, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

I was talking last night to a 

I was talking last night to a man whose grandson, aged about 10, is a fanatic Hibbie.

He was telling the grandad "how close" Hibs ran Celtic last week.

I asked "Was he there?"

He said. "No, his dad won't take him to Parkhad."

Pathetic club. 

I’m sure hibs’ experience of Parkhead is different from ours but the views are awful, the surrounding area is dodgy, the stewarding is harsh and the home fans are dicks. 

Aberdeen votes best away fans 

then us second (I think?) 

what do do you mean the “greatest fans in the world” we’re not even in the top 2? Wonder why? ????

Jean Louis Valois

Hamilton is without a doubt the worst away day in the league if not Scotland. Horrible town and horrible stadium (if you can call it that)

yabadabadoo1874again
58 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

What we're the worst away grounds

Hamilton would be my guess. 

Easily Ibrox...easily 

Nelly Terraces

I'm sure that as soon as the Coddies have their Red Arena or wtf they're gonna call it, in the middle of of a field 10 miles outside of Aberdeen that will easily top this poll. Or so the numbnuts that follow them & come on here will try to keep telling us. :laugh:

Can’t say I’m surprised with this, Tynecastle is the best ground for atmosphere and experience and the Dons away support is pretty impressive.

Better call Saul
15 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

County :rofl:

Maybe people like to visit that ground because of the scenery and the day out itself as the ground ain't nothing special... Better than some of course 

The White Cockade

I love Tynie but the best atmosphere?

our fans only make a noise after we score

most weeks it's a morgue and you can hear every individual shout

but at it's best when it's full and rocking with the fans close to the pitch nowhere else can match it

will never forget the Loco Leipzig game or the Hibs games back in the 80's 90's

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Pathetic club. 

I’m sure hibs’ experience of Parkhead is different from ours but the views are awful, the surrounding area is dodgy, the stewarding is harsh and the home fans are dicks. 

......and that's just the good points!

1 hour ago, Killinman said:

I can only assume Easter road is 3rd as most fans of other clubs have such happy memories of the place....Hamilton; Rangers; Hearts; Aberdeen etc etc...

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Pathetic club. 

You can add their captain and manager to the last bit! 

Great news that we are tops but we have to try harder sometimes to match the noise from the away fans who are enjoying the Tynecastle experience!

2 hours ago, Captain Bubblebeard said:

If it’s top flight only, I’d vote Fester Road as my favourite away ground but that is obviously very strongly linked to the occasion/part-ownership.

There are so many that are soulless and atmosphereless its tough to pick a full list but I’d go:

Fester

Partick

Motherwell

Dundee

Aberdeen

Ibrox

Parkhead

Kilmarnock

McDiarmid

Hamilton

*not been to Ross County - PHM credentials severely under question.

The fact that Motherwell comes third says it all really!

Still think you're being a bit harsh on some of the rest there

59 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

I love Tynie but the best atmosphere?

our fans only make a noise after we score

I would imagine it will be the same at every other ground in Scotland.  Fans only tend to sing if they have something to sing about. 

2 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

I'm sure that as soon as the Coddies have their Red Arena or wtf they're gonna call it, in the middle of of a field 10 miles outside of Aberdeen that will easily top this poll. Or so the numbnuts that follow them & come on here will try to keep telling us. :laugh:

Utterly risible.

Suspect they’ll be in the Championship around 2 years after this jokeground opens.

Marcus Cicero

A factor in our favour is the good view and security away fans get at Tynecastle - compare that to being stuck in a corner with a pole in the middle of your view at Celtic or being stuck in corner between the unwashed on either side at Ibrox 

Montgomery Brewster
4 hours ago, Killinman said:

Where’s the info / link ? 

Nelly Terraces
52 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Utterly risible.

Suspect they’ll be in the Championship around 2 years after this jokeground opens.

Hopefully.:thumbsup:

As for Tynie v Their new gaff in the middle of nowhere - I'm pretty sure the actual proximity of where we are in terms of transport, boozers etc lends itself to it being a decent day out for away punters. You get a wee atmos even before you get in the place. Contrast that with having to take an hour to get to a field, stuck on a shuttle bus in nightmare traffic then a pish plastic bar to drink in (if even that, for away fans) - doesn't exactly get the juices flowing.

35 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

I’d rather teams hated coming to Tynecastle to be honest.

Agree with this 100%

Bridge of Djoum
12 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Well there's a real shock.

The irony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MacDonald Jardine
58 minutes ago, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

The irony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's this got to do with you?

Bridge of Djoum
24 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

What's this got to do with you?

As much as it has with you in all fairness and honesty.

Nice of you to front up as soon as RFC( RIP 2012) or Ibrox is mentioned on a thread. You're nothing if not consistent.

yabadabadoo1874again
1 hour ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

2 hours ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

That you love your beloved Sevco... things that make you go mmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmm.  

MacDonald Jardine
2 hours ago, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

As much as it has with you in all fairness and honesty.

Nice of you to front up as soon as RFC( RIP 2012) or Ibrox is mentioned on a thread. You're nothing if not consistent.

My comment had nothing to do with you yet you decide to jump in.

MacDonald Jardine
2 hours ago, yabadabadoo1874again said:

That you love your beloved Sevco... things that make you go mmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmm.  

And you decide Ibrox is the worst away ground. It wouldn't matter what the circumstances, that's the way you would vote.

8 hours ago, maroonexile said:

I’d rather teams hated coming to Tynecastle to be honest.

This is where I am

i want away fans to hate the place, because they always lose to Hearts

i hate Parkhead because we never win there, Easter Road was my favourite away ground because we had a fantastic record there.

Bridge of Djoum
27 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

And you decide Ibrox is the worst away ground. It wouldn't matter what the circumstances, that's the way you would vote.

Level 5 levels of deflection right there.

Archived