allardyce withdraws from blackburn

savage

big sam has withdrawn his application from the blackburn job, if only it is because vlad has offered him the hearts job. pie in the sky i know

Probably to do with the fans kicking off about him even being considered for the job.

Some clubs listen to their fans.

Apparently.

200milesfromgorgie
Probably to do with the fans kicking off about him even being considered for the job.

Apparently.

where is the magical land?

Apparently.

pity our mad man did not have the same outlook

Sheriff Fatman

Apparently.

Mmmm, he withdraws so it is the club that are listening. Nope, don't quite see how that works.

The land of "more than one major shareholder"

I think it's just north of Burnt Island.

Could be a myth though.

Mmmm, he withdraws so it is the club that are listening. Nope, don't quite see how that works.

Because the board probably told him there was no chance.

Sheriff Fatman
Because the board probably told him there was no chance.

Or maybe he withdrew as he didn't like the conditions of employment they insisted on. But then both ideas are just speculation and don't change the fact that him withdrawing doesn't mean the club are listening to the fans, even in a 'magical land'.

Or maybe he withdrew as he didn't like the conditions of employment they insisted on. But then both ideas are just speculation and don't change the fact that him withdrawing doesn't mean the club are listening to the fans, even in a 'magical land'.

I quite like the idea of a magical land.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Around 75% of Blackburn fans were against Allardyce getting the job. Well done to them if they made him withdraw.

I wish we had the same clout.

Hagar the Horrible

I am sure Ince was offered the Blackburn Gig yesterday???????

I would take big sam in a shot, who was on telly last week stating he was still looking for a job!

More likely he withdrew because he knew he wasn't going to get it anyway.

By withdrawing before the appointment is made he can honestly say he wasn't rejected.

Say What Again

Maybe the Chairman couldn't guarantee him full control over team affairs?

Jam Tarts 1874

Apparently.

I think you've just made that up. I have been following the comments of the fans on the BBC forum, if anything there seems to be more in favour of Allardyce than in favour of Blackburn's preferred candidate Ince.

Jimmy McNulty

I'd take big sam in a heartbeat. What he did with Bolton was astounding given the resources available. (Though, yes, Newcastle was a bust).

Moe Szyslak
big sam has withdrawn his application from the blackburn job

Lucky Blackburn!

If you look up the definition of anti-football it has a picture of Big Fat Sam's big fat head.

wheatfield to sheffield

Apparently.

Somewhere in deepest Englandshire, at Ebbsfleet United,where the supporters get to pick the manager, team, pie franchise etc. It's like fantasy football with real people's lives at stake!

Somewhere in deepest Englandshire, at Ebbsfleet United,where the supporters get to pick the manager, team, pie franchise etc. It's like fantasy football with real people's lives at stake!

Presumably that should have read "Livelihoods" unless they've taken this accountability thing to a whole new level

Presumably that should have read "Livelihoods" unless they've taken this accountability thing to a whole new level

No, If they lose a game a shareholder gets bumped off.

I'd take big sam in a heartbeat. What he did with Bolton was astounding given the resources available. (Though, yes, Newcastle was a bust).

Well I'm not so sure of that. They were doing well enough when Phil Brown was his assistant and PB went on to get Hull promoted. When Sammy Lee came as assistant (then manager) things looked a bit dodgy.

Archived