We Can Move On

TheAntiHibee

Let's beat the Perth lot on Saturday, again the week after and get ourselves to the quarter final!

:flagwave::flagwave::flagwave:

Unfortunately beating Celtic took the monkey of their backs.

Same way we were struggling in the championship.

They have a new lease of life to play with that same freedom they usually have when cantering towards another title.

We were overpowered in the first half but we deserve full credit for the second half. It restored a bit of pride.

As you say, we move on.

In the story of our season tonight’s match is likely to be the most irrelevant of them all...

We’ve already got more off Celtic than anyone else is likely to this season.

Back to important matches on Saturday...

Jambof3tornado
6 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

In the story of our season tonight’s match is likely to be the most irrelevant of them all...

We’ve already got more off Celtic than anyone else is likely to this season.

Back to important matches on Saturday...

Correct. We've gone seasons without even getting a draw!

13 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Unfortunately beating Celtic took the monkey of their backs.

They have a new lease of life to play with that same freedom they usually have when cantering towards another title.

We were overpowered in the first half but we deserve full credit for the second half. It restored a bit of pride.

As you say, we move on.

Same could be said for us, although the clean sheet record was extremely pleasing I felt that it started to hinder our play, we were so desperate to hold onto that record that going forward we held back.  Now its well and truly gone I hope we find that balance of attacking play with solid defence.

1 minute ago, Jambo92 said:

Same could be said for us, although the clean sheet record was extremely pleasing I felt that it started to hinder our play, we were so desperate to hold onto that record that going forward we held back.  Now its well and truly gone I hope we find that balance of attacking play with solid defence.

I said exactly the same after saturdays game.

21 minutes ago, Bauld said:

:what:

When did this happen? I don't recall us struggling in any game up to the point we'd won it.

15 minutes ago, Dunks said:

:what:

When did this happen? I don't recall us struggling in any game up to the point we'd won it.

You're kidding right?

From December into January we were ****ing brutal.

9 minutes ago, Bauld said:

You're kidding right?

From December into January we were ****ing brutal.

In that period we played 8 games - won 6, drew 1 and lost 1. We scored 21 goals with 7 against.

Wish we could be ****ing brutal more often :D

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Not bothered at all. Wasn't even that bad a result considering it looked for a while like it was going to be 5 or 6.

2 minutes ago, Dunks said:

In that period we played 8 games - won 6, drew 1 and lost 1. We scored 21 goals with 7 against.

I'm not saying we weren't getting results but the pressure of maintaining that unbeaten run was making us more scared of losing than pushing us on to win.

You could see the defeat coming long before it happened.

It was the same with celtic. You could see them slowly getting more worn down by the pressure of maintaining that streak. 

1 minute ago, Dunks said:

Kenny Anderson signed but... Brutal.

If the loss was to Falkirk then we absolutely beat ourselves that game as well. Still cant get over the McGhee challenge for the equaliser...

1 minute ago, Jeff said:

Kenny Anderson signed but... Brutal.

If the loss was to Falkirk then we absolutely beat ourselves that game as well. Still cant get over the McGhee challenge for the equaliser...

MOTM against Alloa :whistling:

And aye, Falkirk.

2 minutes ago, Bauld said:

I'm not saying we weren't getting results but the pressure of maintaining that unbeaten run was making us more scared of losing than pushing us on to win.

Agreed :thumbsup:

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Jambo92 said:

Definitely I was sick of hearing about it to be honest, I love good defending but we need to score goals to move up the league as nil nils only go so far. Let’s get a settled team together and start creating more chances, we have some great quality in Naismith/Lafferty/Milinkovic/Amankwaa and possibly another striker.

queensferryjambo
9 hours ago, Gavman81 said:

It's all about getting to that quarter final for me

Need a cup run 

Absolutely and dodging Ibrox, Parkhead and Pittodrie in the quarters would be nice as well - if we get through.

It's a shame that last nights match was so soon after the 4-0.  They were always going to be well fired up.  Just glad it wasn't a morale damaging pumping.  Move on.

Archived